New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "That's a metaphor, Lauca," Mallory corrected her gently, "We are not talking about literal stretches."

She turns back to Jennifer and harshly says, "Tell me, how had Alex's behavior change due to me being lenient? Because I could hardly tell the difference between her behavior when we first met her and when she distanced herself from us. She still has no respect for the law, she still is lewd and crude almost constantly, and she still has anger issues so severe that they make me look like a Tibetan monk."
    She respected you, and you are the law. Jen remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    She respected you, and you are the law. Jen remarks.
    "I... I am not the law," Mallory said, though she couldn't entirely hide how flattered she was with the comparison, "I'm just a teenage demon who has a respect for it. She respected me as a friend, but it didn't change her attitude towards others, and certainly didn't result in her following the rules any more than she already did. The only person who pulled that off was Ms. Edwards, who did it by being strict and maternal, and even then it only really worked in regards to her class."

3. - Top - End - #93

"I... I am not the law," Mallory said, though she couldn't entirely hide how flattered she was with the comparison, "I'm just a teenage demon who has a respect for it. She respected me as a friend, but it didn't change her attitude towards others, and certainly didn't result in her following the rules any more than she already did. The only person who pulled that off was Ms. Edwards, who did it by being strict and maternal, and even then it only really worked in regards to her class."
    Eh... Based on what Alex told me of her parents, Ms.Edwards wasn't that strict to her.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eh... Based on what Alex told me of her parents, Ms.Edwards wasn't that strict to her.
    "She still wouldn't let Alex skip classes if she could help it," Mallory pointed out, "And if she was more strict, Alex might have made more of an effort to be less... well, troublesome is the closest word I can think of."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2017-11-30 at 04:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

"She still wouldn't let Alex skip classes if she could help it," Mallory pointed out, "And if she was more strict, Alex might have made more of an effort to be less... well, troublesome is the closest word I can think of."
    Not letting you skip classes sounds normal. I mean strict in the sense of be our doll for us to dress up as you wish. Jen remarks.

6. - Top - End - #96

Episode 21 Scene 6

And now it's time to stage an intervention for Ms.Stormsong.

How are you going to help plan to calmly tell her in no uncertain terms that this is not okay behavior for a teacher?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d5 You're bringing the cookies to the planning! +1 VP with Luna.

Skill =d7 Come up with a detailed plan. +3 VP with Jen.

Luck =d6 Impromptu comedy act. +2 VP with Luna.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"What we need to do is approach her in the morning, once she arrives at school but before classes start. At that time of day, she will be more likely to listen, and not brush us off so she can get home faster. We'll also need to make sure we speak to her in a private place in order to minimize embarrassment on her end and make her less likely to rebel out of frustration. However, one of us should record the conversation as well, just in case she does continue her behavior and try to deny anyone warned her later. Since New York goes by the 'one party consent' law, doing so without her knowledge is perfectly legal as long as one of us starts the recording with a statement giving our consent to be recorded. We should definitely decide who will be doing the recording beforehand and how, though as the one who suggested it I would be the most likely candidate..."

Leave it to Mallory to make something as simple as a polite suggestion sound like a sociopolitical minefield.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), Connections? (+2), +2/+4 total.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2017-12-08 at 04:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

”Loath as I am to agree with treating this so insanely, I have to agree that Mal has the right idea. Would you mind letting me be the one to talk to her at least? No offense, but someone who doesn’t see her so hostily might be better to communicate the request.”

Before the interaction takes place, Taika offers a short prayer that it will all go smoothly, and that some of the others will do well as well in their own attempts to smooth this over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (Auto 6 from A Thousand Faces), Fortune Talisman (+2, Tanya if she sticks to Skill, or P’ro’shi if she changes)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-12-12 at 10:51 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"O.k, that recording law sounds hilariously screwed up and ripe for abuse in ways I'm certainly not gonna be keeping in mind for juvenile pranks later. More people just seems more confrontational, and more recordings are pointless. So I'll be off in the wing if you need me for some reason. If you need me for some reason, just give a shout and I can be there."Those two seemed to have it pretty well handled themselves.
    Spoiler: Normal
    Show
    Strong SKill.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

While she didn't have a huge problem with the teacher's behavior, Kristi still wanted to be more involved in the group's activitiesb so she decided she'd bring some cookies to the intervention, make it so there was something comforting there for everybody. She even busted out an old secret ingredient she'd used back when she'd run a nice little bakery that made the assortment of cookies sinfully delicious!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2+Temptation 2=+6.

Activating temptation.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't sound insane at all," Tanya commented, slightly confused at Taika's remark. "Overthinkin' it a bit maybe, but all makes sense to me. Anyway, sounds like a plan. What'cha think I could do?" she asked.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Skill, Thaw Out -2 = -2 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 3/3.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    While she didn't have a huge problem with the teacher's behavior, Kristi still wanted to be more involved in the group's activitiesb so she decided she'd bring some cookies to the intervention, make it so there was something comforting there for everybody. She even busted out an old secret ingredient she'd used back when she'd run a nice little bakery that made the assortment of cookies sinfully delicious!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2+Temptation 2=+6.

Activating temptation.
    And lo were Kristi's cookies sinfully delicious.

Onom, nom! Luna says as she eats her sixth cookie. Have you ever considered a career in baking?

"What we need to do is approach her in the morning, once she arrives at school but before classes start. At that time of day, she will be more likely to listen, and not brush us off so she can get home faster. We'll also need to make sure we speak to her in a private place in order to minimize embarrassment on her end and make her less likely to rebel out of frustration. However, one of us should record the conversation as well, just in case she does continue her behavior and try to deny anyone warned her later. Since New York goes by the 'one party consent' law, doing so without her knowledge is perfectly legal as long as one of us starts the recording with a statement giving our consent to be recorded. We should definitely decide who will be doing the recording beforehand and how, though as the one who suggested it I would be the most likely candidate..."

Leave it to Mallory to make something as simple as a polite suggestion sound like a sociopolitical minefield.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), Connections? (+2), +2/+4 total.
    Well since it'd be our phone, wouldn't it be obvious that we consent to being recorded? Jen remarks. Or are you worried a lawyer would claim buttdial.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”Loath as I am to agree with treating this so insanely, I have to agree that Mal has the right idea. Would you mind letting me be the one to talk to her at least? No offense, but someone who doesn’t see her so hostily might be better to communicate the request.”

Before the interaction takes place, Taika offers a short prayer that it will all go smoothly, and that some of the others will do well as well in their own attempts to smooth this over.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (Auto 6 from A Thousand Faces), Fortune Talisman (+2, Tanya if she sticks to Skill, or P’ro’shi if she changes)
    Yeah, if you want to be the one to do it. Makes sense. Jen agrees.

Any more preparations any of you can think of, for tomorrow? Jen remarks.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well since it'd be our phone, wouldn't it be obvious that we consent to being recorded? Jen remarks. Or are you worried a lawyer would claim buttdial.
    "Or that the phone was hacked by a third party, or stolen," Mallory explained, "And regardless of how obvious it may be who recorded it, without an explicit statement of consent it won't be admissible in court."

14. - Top - End - #104

"Or that the phone was hacked by a third party, or stolen," Mallory explained, "And regardless of how obvious it may be who recorded it, without an explicit statement of consent it won't be admissible in court."
    Stolen by who if I'm there. Jen remarks.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Stolen by who if I'm there. Jen remarks.
    "That's not the point," Mallory said in exasperation, "It's a law that covers more than just phone recordings, so there can't be any ambiguity that the recording was consensual."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

”I think the recording is the only part of this that has a chance of getting awkward,” Taika says in response.

Show

17. - Top - End - #107

"That's not the point," Mallory said in exasperation, "It's a law that covers more than just phone recordings, so there can't be any ambiguity that the recording was consensual."
    What else does it cover? Jen remarks.

”I think the recording is the only part of this that has a chance of getting awkward,” Taika says in response.
    Why would it be awkward? Jen remarked.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

”Awkward as in something going wrong.”

Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What else does it cover? Jen remarks.
    "Pretty much any kind of audio-only recording done by a civilian other than those that are sold commercially such as music tracks and audiobooks."

"Well we'll just have to be careful how we go about it then."

20. - Top - End - #110

Like the phone dying? Jen questioned.

"Pretty much any kind of audio-only recording done by a civilian other than those that are sold commercially such as music tracks and audiobooks."

"Well we'll just have to be careful how we go about it then."
    Oh huh.... What about video as well? Jen remarked.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

”Exactly, the odds of which are rather low as long as we make sure it is fully charged.”

Show

22. - Top - End - #112

”Exactly, the odds of which are rather low as long as we make sure it is fully charged.”
    Especially if Luna supercharges it. Jen remarks.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Like the phone dying? Jen questioned.

Oh huh.... What about video as well? Jen remarked.
    "Or, the more likely, noticing she's being recorded, and questioning it. Even if we have ultimately benign reasons for doing so (we don't), it's not a good foot to start on.

Thus, why sticking to audio's best, either way. cameras need to be visible.
    "

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    "Or, the more likely, noticing she's being recorded, and questioning it. Even if we have ultimately benign reasons for doing so (we don't), it's not a good foot to start on.

Thus, why sticking to audio's best, either way. cameras need to be visible.
    "
    Huh. That's a fair point. Jen replies.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Exactly. Hence why audio is both better for secret surveillance and more strict when it comes to consent laws."

26. - Top - End - #116

"Exactly. Hence why audio is both better for secret surveillance and more strict when it comes to consent laws."
    Wonder why they don't use the two party consent laws then. Jen muses.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Some states do," Mallory pointed out, "For one reason or another, New York is not one of them."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

"The optimist in me says 'to make it easier on those recording in public spaces'. The pessimist says 'to make it easier to not need to bother with warrants and other silly pieces of due process.'"

29. - Top - End - #119

"Some states do," Mallory pointed out, "For one reason or another, New York is not one of them."
    See below post.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    "The optimist in me says 'to make it easier on those recording in public spaces'. The pessimist says 'to make it easier to not need to bother with warrants and other silly pieces of due process.'"
    Well can the police lie, if you ask if they are recording you? Jen asks.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well can the police lie, if you ask if they are recording you? Jen asks.
    "I believe so, unless they have you detained," Mallory said, "After all, recording devices are an integral part of undercover sting operations."