New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Legacy of Fire SoP/PoW/SoM Edition II: Electric Boogaloo

(25 didn't knock it prone?)

Akaash positions himself as far from the mountain lion as possible while still flanking with Goma, then executed a whirling aerial kick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move as needed
    energy blade gale blast (1d20+12)[32] (includes flank + roar)
    damage (1d4+7)[8] (includes roar) + (4d6)[13] nonlethal
    trip (1d20+17)[22] (includes flank + roar)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Goma and Akaash continue to assault the hyena. Goma swipes at it with his shield twice, though only one blow lands. As Akaash flies to the other side of the hyena, it chomps down on his leg, blood pouring form the wound as he takes 13 damage and 1 bleed. As if in retaliation, Akaash slams it with a blast of air.

The hyena swung around to attack his wounded foe, but Akaash barely managed to dodge. The big cat, on the other hand, attacked the closest target, which was Goma; it slashed at him with both his claws, though only one landed, doing 6 damage.

New page, new map link
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Goma swings at the hyena again with healing energy forming around his hands.

Spoiler: combat
    Show
    HP: 46, AC 27 (30), Martial Focus: yes, Form: Hybrid
    Standard action: Enduring Crane Strike on the hyena, targeting Akaash with the healing.

Shield: (1d20+10)[25], (3d6+6)[17]
    Healing: (1d6+4)[9]

If attacked, Goma will use an AOO for Active Defense.

"Not me, kitty. We're here to help." Goma says as calmly as he can through the pain.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Just drop already. Stupid animal." Akaash gripes, miniature whirlwind driving a rising uppercut.
    Spoiler
    Show
    blah blah blah, same thing
    (1d20+10)[22]
    damage (1d4+5)[8] + (4d6)[11] nonlethal
    trip (1d20+15)[16]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Between Akaash and Goma, the hyena falls. The big cat looks Goma in the eye for a few moments and lopes away, as if convinced that Goma meant it no harm.

Now that the danger is past, what are you planning to do? Keep in mind that Akaash is still bleeding.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh, that actually went better than I thought it would."

"Thank you for the assistance Akaash. I'll try not to endanger us over my soft spot for cats in the future."

Goma will inspect the body of the hyena, specifically looking for signs that it had an owner or was raised in captivity.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, that went well. You both only got slightly mauled." Alssariq snarks as he steps out of the bush.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground

Khwaja Malak will pray to Nethys to heal his friend's wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Perform check (out of combat, nothing intense). Cure for 1 SP.

Cure (2d8+4)[13]
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Akaash gives Malak a nod. "There any other random wildlife we want to punch, or shall we continue?" He snarks to no one in particular.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excellent display of skill," says the Water Prince to those that took down the hyenadon. "Let's go."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2017-12-13 at 09:36 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

The rest of the day passes with little trouble. There is evidence of gnoll activity, and there was a minor scuffle with a crocodile, but other than that the day passes without further incident. That evening, however, you find a familiar face walk towards your encampent: Rowan is here and not with his wife in Kelmarane as you last knew.

[[Welcome bcool back to the game! Is there any RP you want to dow now that he has arrived, or do you want to fast forward to the final day of travel?]]
    Last edited by digiman619; 2017-12-14 at 12:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Strolling up to the camp staff in hand, a slightly pudgier Rowan smiles as he greets you. "Why is it that when some crazy gnoll is about to descend on the town with an army in tow, I have to hear it first from Almah? Apparently you all think getting married means I can't cut it adventuring anymore? Well between you and me... I have gotten more experience dodging blows now than all my time adventuring combined." Rowan chuckles as he takes a seat nearby.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why do you think we left you there? Fighting this Carrion King alone was safer than dealing with that harridan you married." Alssariq chuckles, sliding over to make room. "And you mellowed her!"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, her loss is our gain." says a beaming Goma. "It's great to be under the stars with everyone again."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Could be a shapeshifter sent to trick us. Better light him on fire." Akaash deadpans, then fails to keep a straight face. He claps Rowan on the back.

16. - Top - End - #106

"No, no, Akaash," says Khwaja Malak coming forth from whatever he was doing. "We know he is sent by Nethys himself. He is an example of how something can be at once truly blissful and truly destructive, and merely needs a reprieve from that which is Nethys' most obvious domestic example of his philosophy here on our world."

With a broad smile he adds, "Welcome back, Rowan. We could use your skills. I am a poor healer to you, and a poorer arcane artillerist."
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Merely shaking his head at Alssariq, and nodding toward Goma Rowan turns towards Akaash with a menacing grin. "Let's see who sets who on fire shall we?" Rowan chuckles darkly before turning to Malak and nimbly avoiding the landmine that is religion replies, "Don't sell yourself short when it comes to magic. My heritage gives me an advantage when it comes to the more destructive magics, but it makes it difficult to learn healing magics. In fact, one of my newest destructive magics was an attempt at replacing and repairing bone, yet somehow called forth stone in the shapes of my choosing."

18. - Top - End - #108

Instead of (friendly) verbal sparring, Khwaja Malak merely nods in appreciation of Rowan's return and presence.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

There is an extremely richly dressed man that Rowan does not know that is standing respectfully to the side ... no doubt awaiting proper introductions.
    Spoiler: bcool
    Show
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

[[OOC: Listen, I'm really sorry. I suck at this type of improvisation and this is taking forever, so I'm fast forwarding until you get there]]

Wedged into a wide precipice along the far slopes of Pale Mountain sits the crumbling ruins of a once massive temple. Passing centuries have weathered its stones,
    and while some of the outer walls remain standing, they have collapsed in several places, leaving the temple grounds open to any who would approach. The House of
    the Beast’s fearsome reputation as being a place haunted by the ghosts of genies has been its traditional defense against explorers—that, and its remote location and the
    angry tribes of Rovagug-worshiping humanoids who still dwell within.

Like a child’s sandcastle carelessly placed before hungry waves that lap against shore, the forgotten temple rests, nestled in the crags of the Pale Mountain. Its crumbling spires and domes bask
    in the pale grayish glow of the alien twilight of the mountain skies. The scope of such a creation seems implausible in such a remote location, yet it isn’t hard to question why one might choose such
    a spectacular setting. Indeed, it seems unlikely that there exists another so close to the realm of the gods.
    Among the broken stones and empty fountains, dry thorny shrubs poke through packed clay soil sprinkled with shards of bone. The temple would almost appear deserted if not for the ominous feeling
    of dread and the few dozen gory warnings hung upon the outer walls; headless bodies thick with swarms of black fles. Most of the aged flgstones in the courtyard lie loose, cracked, and dusted with pebbles and other debris. In several areas indicated on the map of the Outer Temple, the terrain is littered with large chunks of broken walls, while in other areas the ground is completely torn up. The remaining soil consists of hard and dusty clay that greedily devours water. Few plants bear the fortitude to survive among the ruins, but a few short trees, shrubs, and plenty of lichen grow on toppled stones or ruined works. The air is remarkably dry and crisp, but the generally comfortable temperatures during the day can drop close to freezing at night

You are at the southern slope looking at the House of the beast, which is currently about 100 feet away. From where you are, you see a break in the southern wall. Note that the map is at a scale 10 ft squares rather than the standard 5.

Spoiler: New Map
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

"I recommend the stealthier of you take a perimeter walk of the outer walls of the House of the Beast and report best insertion point," recommends, who obviously has never played a role-playing game where you never split the party.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Headless bodies? I am surprised the gnolls left that much. Must not have been hungry." He raises a questioning eyebrow at Malak, "I am surprised we have gotten this close without any patrols or scouts. Either means they don't watch, or they do and we didn't see them. Not sure I want to assume the former and go stringing ourselves out."

23. - Top - End - #113

Khwaja Malak nods at Akaash's wisdom. "Let us take a full circuit as a group, then. I'd rather see the layout, and have someone give away their own outer defense position in attacking, rather than going into an entrance to deal with outer guards and inner denizens ... from possible multiple locations, no less. Besides, if our circuit can give us a clue of what the better way in might be..."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Nodding, Alssariq skulks off into the lead.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good to me." Akaash follows.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Staff at the ready, Rowan prepares for ambush as the party scouts around.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

The Water Prince moves forward, likely second and a two paces behind Alssariq.
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I've been wanting to try this.
    It should help me make less noise."

Goma takes a moment and becomes more bestial. After the popping of his bones readjusting to his new form he stands silently on four legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    using a move action to switch to leopard form. Goma's equipment melds with him so he shouldn't be a liability during stealth.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowan

Seeing that Goma is now a cat, (albeit a very large one) Rowan reaches out and gives him a pat on the head.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Goma purrs involuntarily before catching himself.