New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Alternate vs fight format: how does Naruto beat Goku?

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    I don't really see a way this doesn't end at Ichiraku Ramen. They have a friendly spar where they keep piling on the super modes and new forms and generally having a good time of it. Both Goku and Naruto would see the point in that, and it's rare for Naruto to meet a rival that can actually take what he can dish out. They might sell tickets, even. I'd think they both hit a level where if they go higher, it'd be lethal with the risk of one-shotting each other and the nearest couple of miles, so they call it a draw, and do that sign of friendship that ninjas do after a fight. Goku would probably find that a pretty nice idea, to be honest. You can beat someone up and go "No hard feelings!" in a single gesture in this world? Sweet!

And then Naruto utters the fateful words that grants him victory: "Hey, Goku? Bet you I can eat more bowls of ramen than you can!" Now challenging a saiyan, let alone Goku to an eating contest is perhaps even dumber than challenging him to a fight, but I don't see Goku out-Ramen'ing Naruto, ever. And so Goku ends up losing, but not by as many bowls as Naruto thought.

All in all, Goku's trip to Konoha ended up with everything he wanted. Good fights, good food, and a guy who just "gets it". He might not be a saiyan, but this Naruto kid, he's alright. Will have to fight him again later. And next time, Goku will out-eat him, believe it!
    No way can Naruto out-eat Goku. I'm willing to buy scenarios where he wins a fight, but in an eating contest? No way.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    No way can Naruto out-eat Goku. I'm willing to buy scenarios where he wins a fight, but in an eating contest? No way.
    Id put better odds on draw due to plaetwide ramen shortage.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Did a quick wiki binge and it seems like hinata is actually the ramen binging champ of the uzumaki family, with eating 46 servings in a single sitting.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Did a quick wiki binge and it seems like hinata is actually the ramen binging champ of the uzumaki family, with eating 46 servings in a single sitting.
    That seems like something that'd be a fan trivia question.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

You forgot, Naruto has a trump. No matter how big an eater Goku is, he only has one stomach.

Naruto has as many as he needs.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You forgot, Naruto has a trump. No matter how big an eater Goku is, he only has one stomach.

Naruto has as many as he needs.
    I'm pretty sure Goku can do the Multiform technique if he needs to, it just doesn't come up much because it's not usually useful in a fight.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    I'm pretty sure Goku can do the Multiform technique if he needs to, it just doesn't come up much because it's not usually useful in a fight.
    I'm pretty sure Multiform is unique to Tien since he's part alien. Nobody but him uses it outside of filler.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Multiform is unique to Tien since he's part alien. Nobody but him uses it outside of filler.
    what about Cell vs goku?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    what about Cell vs goku?
    The bit where Cell uses multiform is anime-only filler. DBZ was full of it even in-episode.

Mind you some of it was entertaining (I liked the addition), but it's hard to base things off it.

That said, Cell being able to use it makes sense. He has everyone's DNA in him and all their techniques combined. So it stands to reason that all of Tien's are open to him as well. Same as his Namekian regeneration and Saiyan Zenkai boosts.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-11-21 at 05:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Piccolo uses it in Super, which is canon.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

Piccolo uses it in Super, which is canon.
    And since GT is just as canon as Super you can count Gogeta too.

Tien has a specific body-splitting ability that allows him to grow extra arms but quite a few characters can produce duplicates using various techniques. Like Zamasu ripping open a space/time portal to duplicate him self without actually creating a new alternative universe each time he does so. A quick poke at the wiki and Piccolo & Krillin's usage is cited from Daizenshuu #7 rather than "anime filler" too.

Actually, Toriyama said Dragonball films take place in alternative dimensions too. And explaining alternative timelines in Dragonball is headache inducing, like it takes seven timelines to explain Future Trunk's actions but only one time ring was created and even post-destruction of the universe & time ring Goku could still travel back into one to find a duplicate of Zenos. So who knows how many timelines actually exist outside of the two or three unexplored ones shown on screen. Maybe everything really does exist, even Xenoverse, as part of this massive Dragonball multiverse that Tori-Bot freely travels through.