New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default 3.5 Homebrew: Taking Requests

It's come to that time again when I've run out of ideas to make, and the only things I'm working on are long, long projects which I can't do all at once or I'll burn out. I need shorter things to do. So, I'm taking requests!

Here are a few things I can come up with for you fine folks:

• Base classes
    • Prestige Classes
    • Feats
    • Spells
    • Monsters
    • Domains
    • Short Alternate Rules
    • Magic Items

Here's a couple of things that are probably beyond this scope:

• New subsystems
    • Long alternate rules
    • Houserules or game fixes

These lists are indicative, not exhaustive. Request away and I'll see what I can do. Oh, and if you like what I make, please donate, because it would really help me keep doing this stuff for you as my actual job rather than having to mostly give it up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Homebrew: Taking Requests

Genius Loci class.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I would really love to see a good fencer base class.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Liquid Terminator (T-2000 from Terminator II).
    It's type would be "Ooze" or "Construct" (or both )
    All (Ex) abilities (superior senses; auto-weapon-prof.; immunities & resistances galore...)
    It can polymorph into anything of Large size or smaller, form any non-mechanized equipment, mimic material traits, etc. (all of which require touch to "process").

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Genius Loci class.
    Ugh, I knew you would ask for this. Go, and be done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    I would really love to see a good fencer base class.
    Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Liquid Terminator (T-2000 from Terminator II).
    It's type would be "Ooze" or "Construct" (or both )
    All (Ex) abilities (superior senses; auto-weapon-prof.; immunities & resistances galore...)
    It can polymorph into anything of Large size or smaller, form any non-mechanized equipment, mimic material traits, etc. (all of which require touch to "process").
    I don't usually do references to things that I haven't actually seen, I'm afraid.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I don't usually do references to things that I haven't actually seen, I'm afraid.
    Who hasn't seen Terminator II It was one of the most talked about movies of the 90's.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hi Jormengand.

I really enjoyed the living city, the prestige class for the gaia disciple. What would you say about creating a base class for a dungeon core? One that increasing the level would have more area under its control, monsters of a higher level and more powerups for them?

Thanks

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

S L I V E R S

From Magic: The Gathering. Mostly, I just want a rules core for the ability sharing that isn't completely broken, one way or another. I don't mind if you dress up the mechanics in something entirely unrelated, thematically. I, myself, have been considering doing the same thing because... Well, Faerun doesn't know the multiverse outside the Great Wheel is familiar with these creatures as Slivers, they're barely aware there is a multiverse outside the Great Wheel. Lots of chances for flowery names and half-myths to surround the super-danger-noodles.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmoon View Post
    Hi Jormengand.

I really enjoyed the living city, the prestige class for the gaia disciple. What would you say about creating a base class for a dungeon core? One that increasing the level would have more area under its control, monsters of a higher level and more powerups for them?

Thanks
    I'll point out some possiblities for mechanics to make it less fundamentally broken. One big thing is having respawns with the limit being CR or HD per day rather than a large simultaneous number of monsters. Another is to force specializing, choosing what kind of dungeon populater you are, with the "dungeon core" function being a feature to make a creation/summoning area for whatever you decided to specialize in, but being able to summon stuff without it. Just with a much smaller limit of simultaneous creatures, resulting in the "dungeon" area always housing the bulk of the forces.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-11-12 at 09:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Who hasn't seen Terminator II It was one of the most talked about movies of the 90's.
    I wasn't around for most of the 90s. As far as I'm concerned, Terminator is one of those films that everyone references from time to time but doesn't come up much otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmoon View Post
    Hi Jormengand.

Thanks
    Dungeon master kinda does this. I can't think of much that a dungeon core would do except be a box with DM levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    S L I V E R S

From Magic: The Gathering. Mostly, I just want a rules core for the ability sharing that isn't completely broken, one way or another. I don't mind if you dress up the mechanics in something entirely unrelated, thematically. I, myself, have been considering doing the same thing because... Well, Faerun doesn't know the multiverse outside the Great Wheel is familiar with these creatures as Slivers, they're barely aware there is a multiverse outside the Great Wheel. Lots of chances for flowery names and half-myths to surround the super-danger-noodles.
    I'll have a go at making them.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Do an actual Mythos class.

No, but seriously, can you make a class (maybe in 30 minutes) about being an unstoppable juggernaut warrior clad in the heaviest armor possble? That's probably one of my favorite character concepts of all time.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by roko10 View Post

No, but seriously, can you make a class (maybe in 30 minutes) about being an unstoppable juggernaut warrior clad in the heaviest armor possble? That's probably one of my favorite character concepts of all time.
    Suggestion: Ability to make enemy attacks inflict damage to their shield and armor instead of their HP, effectively giving them DR directly based on the hardness of their armor/shield.

Edit:

Dungeon master kinda does this. I can't think of much that a dungeon core would do except be a box with DM levels.
    Summoning-based class with a major chunk of power being location-locked by features is what I'd toss at it.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-11-12 at 10:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

I'll have a go at making them.
    I had a go at making them.

You're a funny guy. But honestly, if I took Mythos and got rid of all my problems with it (involving XP and gold costs with class features is bad, you don't get enough abilities and the ones you get are gated by level in a tier-based system rather than individually where gating them individually is necessary, and everything has silly names) then I'd just end up with tricks anyway.

Okay, sure, working on it next.

EDIT: I did the thing.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2017-11-12 at 03:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alright, I'll bite once more, I would like to request feats for a one handed fighting style.

[whistles innocently]

what?

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Alright, I'll bite once more, I would like to request feats for a one handed fighting style.

[whistles innocently]

what?
    Your fighting style is bad, but have some feats.

15. - Top - End - #15

Some spells or feats for making magically binding deals with people would be fun. Possibly with upgrades for giving people power in exchange for things.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

How about a generic hero class and/or a generic villain class

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Your fighting style is bad, but have some feats.
    It's all about the style... at least I keep saying that

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Some spells or feats for making magically binding deals with people would be fun. Possibly with upgrades for giving people power in exchange for things.
    There's already a magic item somewhere which does this; any contract written on the paper and signed willingly becomes magically binding. Power in exchange for things is an interesting idea, and one I can work on, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfruitz View Post
    How about a generic hero class and/or a generic villain class
    Paladin and Paladin of Slaughter?

No, but seriously, everyone should be able to be a hero or a villain with any class that lets you be that alignment. I'm not sure how I could make a hero or villain class, exactly. I tried making a hero class but gave it up because it just ended up being an everything class because there are so many ways to be a hero.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have kind of a joke request but could be taken seriously in sort of a jester-rogue combo fashion: the ****posting Internet Troll as a base class.

I was thinking of a class with the ability to taunt others (drawing aggro and various other things), bonuses to AC and movement (always just out of reach, constantly taunting you over it), something like sneak attack (biting tongue and stinging words), etc. Basically what you'd expect from an anonymous internet troll in a class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    I have kind of a joke request but could be taken seriously in sort of a jester-rogue combo fashion: the ****posting Internet Troll as a base class.

I was thinking of a class with the ability to taunt others (drawing aggro and various other things), bonuses to AC and movement (always just out of reach, constantly taunting you over it), something like sneak attack (biting tongue and stinging words), etc. Basically what you'd expect from an anonymous internet troll in a class.
    There is already an internet troll monster native to the internet. An entire class? Hmm, maybe...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I'm kinda interested in a fear-focused class/PrC that's more than just "possesses the Intimidate skill" and is neither completely shut down by fear/mind-affecting immunity nor blows through it like it's nothing from the start. Some kind of gradual ability to overcome such immunities, I guess...and fear effects other than stuff tied directly to Intimidate. Whether it's like a Knight Of Fear or some kinda fear-based assassin, or a Pennywise-wannabe that feeds on it, or whatever.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

There's already a magic item somewhere which does this; any contract written on the paper and signed willingly becomes magically binding. Power in exchange for things is an interesting idea, and one I can work on, though.

Paladin and Paladin of Slaughter?

No, but seriously, everyone should be able to be a hero or a villain with any class that lets you be that alignment. I'm not sure how I could make a hero or villain class, exactly. I tried making a hero class but gave it up because it just ended up being an everything class because there are so many ways to be a hero.
    So I did the paths of sacrifice, a proof-of-concept thing where you get extra power in exchange for stuff. One of them lets you be a hero but you have to actually act heroic to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm kinda interested in a fear-focused class/PrC that's more than just "possesses the Intimidate skill" and is neither completely shut down by fear/mind-affecting immunity nor blows through it like it's nothing from the start. Some kind of gradual ability to overcome such immunities, I guess...and fear effects other than stuff tied directly to Intimidate. Whether it's like a Knight Of Fear or some kinda fear-based assassin, or a Pennywise-wannabe that feeds on it, or whatever.
    This is interesting, though I'm not entirely certain how I'd actually do it. I'll think about it and make it when I work out how.

23. - Top - End - #23

Planetar

Oh, do a hypermundane crafter/artificier! You wrote up an entire non-magical-but-still-powerful item system, right? Considering the Veteran/Berserker/any other hypermundane has a distinct lack of crafting, it would both solve that and be a blast to read.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, do a hypermundane crafter/artificier! You wrote up an entire non-magical-but-still-powerful item system, right? Considering the Veteran/Berserker/any other hypermundane has a distinct lack of crafting, it would both solve that and be a blast to read.
    Pretty sure they already did Elite equipment, but I guess there's more room for stuff?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeding on Fear would be Profane or Enhancement bonuses, with a wonderfully silly option of trading Moral penalties on other creatures for those bonuses, with a Fear-based assassin probably having Mind Affecting "untyped" damage or gaining bonus damage based on inflicted Moral penalties. Mix the two for something more worth a base class, so you have a character inflicting massive Moral penalties to enemies, then removing those penalties to get their own offensive capacity.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I mean...they sort of already have? All the Hypermundanes have Craft (Alchemy) on their skill list, and a bunch of them have Brewmaster/Herbalist/Flying Machine tricks for some crafting stuff (as well as some other crafting tricks sprinkled here and there). Jor's also done a few things for "my hypermundane has a pile of money and can't spend it on magic items, what do I do?", and if that's not enough, there's also Jor's Inventions Project (which is admittedly more Magitech than Hypermundane Artificer, but eh).
    There's also grammarie, but Jor didn't make that so I don't think suggesting it as an alternative here is well-looked-upon.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

there's also Jor's Inventions Project (which is admittedly more Magitech than Hypermundane Artificer, but eh).[/COLOR]
    Speaking of, the last hybrid features a 10/10... Epic Invention Progression, or collaborative build? I'm also falling in love with robotics.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

28. - Top - End - #28

HalfOrcPirate

Ohhhhh ive always wanted to see how you would do a decent path to divine rank class that extends in a non broken way past divine rank 1 in epics.

edit:
    Also a way to inflict AoE damage/Knockback after falling a long distance. Possibly as a feat/equipment over a class.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2017-11-14 at 10:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Had an idea in mind for a beastmaster class that focuses more on quantity than quality. Maybe applying undead control HD limits to it, or just doing druid animal companion stuff but "splitting" the levels in the class up among two or more pets.

Would be interested in what someone who has more mastery of the system could do with it, though.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    Had an idea in mind for a beastmaster class that focuses more on quantity than quality. Maybe applying undead control HD limits to it, or just doing druid animal companion stuff but "splitting" the levels in the class up among two or more pets.

Would be interested in what someone who has more mastery of the system could do with it, though.
    They should also take the Fling Ally feat.

EDIT: Other than the fact this would be a very horrifying fighting style.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-11-15 at 12:27 AM.

My Homebrew