New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1481

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[Street of Slavers]

Ambrosia nods encouragingly at Thariza. "Independence. Something that most sapient beings desire. Steams from the child's need to break away from their parents. The flame legion was not independent, they were relying on strength not their own which seems to have been their downfall."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Street of Slavers]

Roth nods slowly.
    "Do you know gods which are not false like the Flame Legion's?"
    Thariza is sounding pretty heretical there.
    "I can hardly imagine a people where everyone is a soldier. Even we never went so far."

She frowns even deeper at Ambrosia.
    "When you rely on your comrades you rely on strength not your own too. I think it's only where one places trust that makes a difference. Doesn't it?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-03-11 at 12:00 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Mad Fronts]

"Curious." The Prof mutters, letting himself...spread out. The solid shape of a man becomes nothing more than a shapeless cluster of light - still orbiting around its carefully hidden source, the cane stubbornly held in the air through a minor display of power. "I don't think we're opposites in mind, but certainly in origin and journey, hmm? The reality, I think, is that I'm further along my path than you perhaps think. I create forms as I need them, but I only really exist as a phantom in the wires."

The light reforms. The Prof twirls his cane.

"It might be irrational, but there is, mmm, one desire that is far too strong to ever be taken away- no matter how long I stay silent, I'm never gone- the simple desire to live." He chuckles, "Shallow, yes? Childish, perhaps. That drive that makes every predator hunt for food, that makes prey flee at the sight of the hunter, even amongst creatures too stupid to know fear. Different origins, perhaps. For a creature of flesh, they may suppress it, but it's always there."

Put these two in a room and they'll wax philosophical for days.

"Hmm, anyway, business. I can take a guess what a flesh artist is, but I can't say I'm familiar with the term. But if it means we have a way in, please, tell me all about this flesh artist."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

"I haven't really met any gods since coming here," Thariza says with a shrug. "I don't really care, either. And relying on the strength of comrades and a warband who walk with you willingly or out of duty is different than forcing someone to serve with a whip or worse."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1445

[Street of Slavers]

Ambrosia nods. "Thariza is correct, as I just said, the difference is independence. The soldier acting willingly, out of duty or whatever other reason still feels as if its their independent choice even if an observer might disagree. While there are soldiers that feel forced and slaves that feel independent I am willing to claim that there a lot more soldiers that feel free."

[The Mad Fronts]

"Their name is 'Jinn', and they are working on a art form as the name suggests involve the shaping of flesh. It had a a brief period of popularity among my people, until they nearly completely banned it as it was voted cruel to the flesh, regardless of how sentient it was. Jinn still attempts to practice it legally however, or so I heard at least. I very much doubt the legality of his practice however considering they settled down in Skyside. Still, this means they still is and want to keep being a part of the collective so I figured they could be blackmailed into giving us access to it. It shouldn't be difficult to find the evidence for that I imagine and the rest will just be about pushing the right buttons until he gives us what we want." Shazhan explains. "I mean, even if they are somehow practicing it legally, it shouldn't be too difficult to fake evidence. It will be considerably easier and safer to find actual evidence however."

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Petroldactyl]

"Gnarl." The gnoll replies and then gives Butler the silent treatment as he seems intently focused on making sure the painting isn't dropped again.
    But as they are moving down the corridor, coming around the corner is the woman that was picturing on the other painting in a full business outfit. Behind her is a woman in white wings dressed in next to nothing at all.

Amy freezes like a deer in headlights as she spots the woman while the gnoll who still haven't noticed her just keeps going in the same direction. Possibly running the risk of walking directly into her.
    [The Petroldactyl]

"Nice to meet you Gnarl sir." At least, Butler thinks that was supposed to be his name and not just a general growl. Ah well, Butler will also silently move, focusing on the painting.

At least until the woman comes around the corner with an angel of sorts. "Oh watch out sir," Butler warns Gnarl, trying to slow to a stop and shift to one side with him so they aren't walking into people. He'll smile warmly at the leader. "Excuse us ma'am."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #1447

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia has some strong prejudices against necromancers it seems.
    Thankfully, these people do not seem to pick up on it.
    "Aww." The white-hood slumps down, lowering her crossbow as Fidelia declares her un-undeathness. "Not even a little? You do look kinda malnourished..." White-hood declares with a gesture at the urchin.

Horns-for-hood leans in closer however. "Where are these ghouls? We need one of them to show you our method."

"Um, yeah. It's kinda... complex. Direct! But complex." White-hood nods eagerly. Hearing her voice, she sounds like an older woman. Approaching 60 perhaps. She certainly isn't acting her age though, seemingly having a hard time standing still as she have started to walk in a circle around Fidelia and horns-for-hood as she talks.

The masked man and his thugs seems to content with listening for now.

Hood-blue-tail has started to whistle a hearty tune as she puts the seeds on the ground and starts to dig a small hole in the ground with her gloved hands. There is an awful stench coming from her.
    Parks and Reanimation

I mean, who could blame her? Fidelia never really came across many necromancers, and the ones her acquaintances had met usually wanted to use them for some unnatural experiment or other. That sort of thing tends to breed a negative disposition.
    "Er, y-yes, I'm sure. N-no hankering for brains or gnawing on bones here, promise!" Her nose wrinkles at the noxious odor as she attempts to assure the white-garbed woman, hands held open to emphasize the not lying bit. Why that might help I have no idea, but she does it anyways. "W-well, a bunch of 'em meet at Club Millénaire, i-it's some kinda undead bar I think?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Pixie in the Playground

[KABAL Application]

The gnoll grunts as if the effort of picking a number is offending him. "You get two then. Tell them you looking to be new member." Clicking a button, the gnoll hands him the phone.
    On the other end, a beautiful serene female voice replies. "This is Lady Tusumi's mansion, how may I help you?"
    [KABAL Application]

Though his face doesn't change, there's a tiny bit of satisfaction in Rozpacz's eyes at the gnoll's annoyed grunt, but he remains standing at attention until the phone is handed to him.

"I am called Rozpacz and I wish to join KABAL. I have no affiliation with MERC."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Thunderhead Market==>Thundermarket food court

The 'troublemakers' are indeed gone. Jaahlyn's light motorcycle allows her to quickly traverse the streets of skyside without getting caught up in the daily traffic of the city.
    The question is if the authorities are going to react differently this time as the music starts playing again in another safe-house near a thundermarket food court. As usual, the rats are on guard as so will likely the orcs be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Thundermarket Food Court

The orcs don't have light motorcycles, but they do have an eclectic mix of their own wheels- quad bikes, choppers, bikes of the black leather and shiny chrome variety and the sergeant has a bike-framed vehicle with a helicopter rotor on each side to fly over most of the traffic, and they also don't care too much if they knock somebody over.

They'll set up around the edges again, and have a better idea of what they're looking for now.
    Thundermarket Food Court

The start goes simular as befor, but the reaction time is better now. Some people hide much faster and the orc will notice groups of armed people appearing and looking out. Should they go for people for thievery they will sure draw their attention. Unless they changed their method. People who get free are still dizzy and they remember making one decision they wouldn't have done normaly.

Jaahlyn's rats might inform her about one guy stalking around the building. Quiet a common guy with tanned skin and a poncho. In his hands he holds a shotgun and he wears several of the items the orcs got from the people. The man also appears a bit lazy, but when he goes for the first door he will be very fast at lockpicking. (She might do something befor he even gets to a door or the orcs might stop him)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1450

[Street of Slavers]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I haven't really met any gods since coming here," Thariza says with a shrug. "I don't really care, either. And relying on the strength of comrades and a warband who walk with you willingly or out of duty is different than forcing someone to serve with a whip or worse."
    Ambrosia nods. "Thariza is correct, as I just said, the difference is independence. The soldier acting willingly, out of duty or whatever other reason still feels as if its their independent choice even if an observer might disagree. While there are soldiers that feel forced and slaves that feel independent I am willing to claim that there a lot more soldiers that feel free."
    "Does it matter why? They still act how they act? The slave could run or fight - well, they could try. Your soldier could abandon their duty. Really they just have lighter chains." Roth proposes, nodding a couple times. "So probably you're right. If they have more distant masters they feel less forced, isn't that it?
    No, Roth. You have really misunderstood something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

Thariza shakes her head incredulously.

"Of course it still matters why. A soldier's duty isn't the same as a slaver's whip above a slave's neck. The chain of command isn't the same thing as a literal chain."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1452

[The Mad Fronts]

"Blackmail is certainly an option." Affy doesn't look particularly sold on that idea though. There's a frown on his face as he rubs his chin, pondering their options. "However, blackmail carries with it certain risks, and means that our quarry is well aware that they are being used. I would prefer a method that leaves them entirely unaware with minimal trace of our presence."

Not an easy thing to do, though. And Affy's best option for that isn't an option here.

Well, not yet anyway.

"To do that, I need to get into their mind. But I imagine it looks quite different in there from the average humanoid. I'd need some time to figure it out. I'd need a test subject." The Prof looks in the direction Ishmat last stood, "Such as your assistant."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #1453

[The Petroldactyl]

The woman barely pays them any attention at first even Butler talks to her, simply continuing walking past with her entourage as she all the focus seems to be on the computer tablet in her hand. Gnarl still attempts to hurry despite Butlers insistence while Amy is still betting on the "nobles vision are based on movement" strategy.
    Yet neither of them appears successful as Tellysandra suddenly stops and turns. "Since when do we have catmen here?" She asks, her unseen eyes turned to the still unmoving goblin who miraculously animates as she spontaneously bows.
    "Ma'm! Lady Tusumi! B-butler is a n-new recruit. He just started here." She stutters, Butler hearing a nervous hyena laugh coming from Gnarl on the other side of the painting.

"Butler?" Suddenly all the attention is aimed at him. Tellysandras two winged attendants suddenly smiling warmly at the catboy despite not even giving him a moment of attention earlier. "Is that your true name, catman? Seems like cruel one."

[KABAL Application]

There is a pause at the other end.
    "...right, I see that you're calling from the head office." Another, shorter pause follows. "And it looks like you have had interest in joining MERC. For the same reason that you're interested in joining KABAL, I assume? What made you think you could join both the organizations, sir? Do you have knowledge of either?"

Thundermarket Food Court

Jaahlyn picks up her phone without stop playing and presses a button which sends out a automated message to the orcs cellphones saying that someone is breaching the safe zone.

This building is taller than the other one with a fire escape leading to the top floor, which Jaahlyn is currently on. If he's stalking around, he will be able to see her motorcycle parked near the back entrance of the building. He could try to go for the fire escape itself, but then he would need to be able to jump quite far.

[The Mad Fronts]

"Ah, I suspected you'd suggest that, and there are also issues with that plan. Namely that Jinn and Ishmat are likely using fundamentally different hardware. The collective are paranoid about their technology ending up in the wrong hands, meaning in the hands of any fleshling. There are already goblins reverse engineering whatever bits and scraps that have made it out of galespire so now all collective members are forced to use these degenerate link-bindings. I believe I mentioned them erasing memories earlier and this is the same vein. Essentially, it means that they completely lack internal memory storage. While it does allow them to directly access the public memories of the entire collective, even remembering even as much as their own name requires them to access the collective itself. They're all essentially walking routers compared to the older, and in my opinion more sophisticated, models that I and Ishmat are using which are more like the computers of this lab." The two "eyes" of Shazhan turns to look at one of them.
    "So while there are similarities between us, both Ishamat and I could theoretically both access the collective if we had the codes, there while be key differences that studying her won't prepare you for. I'm just speaking out of internal observation too, I have never studied these link-bindings up close either so I can't help you even if I could make educated guesses of their design."

[Street of Slavers]

Ambrosia could see the issue here, the matter was explaining it in terms that could be better understood. "Thariza is saying that people that feel independent in their choice are less likely to rebel than even the most well-treated of slaves. While I am of this belief as well, I cannot back it up with hard data. What I can back up however is that slaves workers tend to be far less well-treated than non-slave workers and thus it should be of no surprise that slaves would raise up far more than non-slaves."

Parks and Reanimation

((Have to reply to this later. No time now.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-03-22 at 03:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1454

[Street of Slavers]
    Thariza shakes her head incredulously.

"Of course it still matters why. A soldier's duty isn't the same as a slaver's whip above a slave's neck. The chain of command isn't the same thing as a literal chain."
    Ambrosia could see the issue here, the matter was explaining it in terms that could be better understood. "Thariza is saying that people that feel independent in their choice are less likely to rebel than even the most well-treated of slaves. While I am of this belief as well, I cannot back it up with hard data. What I can back up however is that slaves workers tend to be far less well-treated than non-slave workers and thus it should be of no surprise that slaves would raise up far more than non-slaves."
    "Normally, I think I'd agree. But if everyone is a soldier. ... You see the problem, don't you?"
    Roth nods to Ambrosia.
    "Interesting idea. I think it's their reach, not their contentment, that makes for rebellion. But- Girl, remind me that you're to be treated well."

"Um. Yes, mistress." Not her usual sort of task.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Thundermarket Food Court

The two nearest orcs head into the building after the intruder, with the intent of finding them. They don't know the building, and they don't have anything that will help them look around except training in attacking buildings- checking each room, etc. They also don't know where the stairs are, or any other way up, so if there's lots of small rooms they might get lost and let the intruder get away- but if it's very open-plan and they can immediately see the intruder, then they can chase after them and take advantage of their strong constitutions to run up the stairs.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

Thariza's jaw hangs open for a moment. She has a feeling that Roth doesn't quite get it.

"I'm... not sure about some elements of the Legions' structure, nowadays," she says, struggling to get each word out. It clearly pains her to admit it. "But that doesn't really make slavery sound any better."

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Pixie in the Playground

[KABAL Application]

There is a pause at the other end.
    "...right, I see that you're calling from the head office." Another, shorter pause follows. "And it looks like you have had interest in joining MERC. For the same reason that you're interested in joining KABAL, I assume? What made you think you could join both the organizations, sir? Do you have knowledge of either?"
    [KABAL Application]

Rozpacz nods, even though there's probably no way she can see him. Likely for the benefit of the eye, in case she has a feed, live or otherwise. "My knowledge of MERC is that it is required for mercenary work, and my knowledge of KABAL is based on the scant rumors that liken it to MERC, without being held back by scruples. KABAL appeals to me, but I considered MERC out of necessity." He explains.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Petroldactyl]

The woman barely pays them any attention at first even Butler talks to her, simply continuing walking past with her entourage as she all the focus seems to be on the computer tablet in her hand. Gnarl still attempts to hurry despite Butlers insistence while Amy is still betting on the "nobles vision are based on movement" strategy.
    Yet neither of them appears successful as Tellysandra suddenly stops and turns. "Since when do we have catmen here?" She asks, her unseen eyes turned to the still unmoving goblin who miraculously animates as she spontaneously bows.
    "Ma'm! Lady Tusumi! B-butler is a n-new recruit. He just started here." She stutters, Butler hearing a nervous hyena laugh coming from Gnarl on the other side of the painting.

"Butler?" Suddenly all the attention is aimed at him. Tellysandras two winged attendants suddenly smiling warmly at the catboy despite not even giving him a moment of attention earlier. "Is that your true name, catman? Seems like cruel one."
    [The Petroldactyl]

Amy's strategy seemed so good too. But nobles are like raptors. Clever girls.

Butler isn't entirely sure what to make of the attendants. They seem like angels in form yet something about their sudden smile seems... fake? It's way above Butler's head. For now he gives Tellysandra a genuine smile of his own. "It's not cruel in the least ma'am. I'm Butler B. Butler ma'am!" Butler says with a hint of pride. "And you must be Tellysandra ma'am. Amy was showing me your painting earlier ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am." Butler mostly just shifts in place, his hands full and now in the awkward position of holding the painting still in conjunction with Gnarl. A head nod will have to suffice over a bow or a handshake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1459

[The Mad Fronts]

"Fascinating. But they maintain their identity? Their sense of, mmm, self?" Affy pauses, "No, no, you two are the exceptions, aren't you? How much of an individual is an ethereal that belongs to the collective? It verges on being an inferior form of the mental network I crafted for my creations. Still, if they fear, if they are paranoid, if they have to come to a group consensus on such matters, then there's some sort of individuality to each one of them still there."

The Prof starts pacing around, rubbing his chin.

"Still, if there is an access request made for every memory, then there's something there that can be monitored. I wonder if we could piggyback on it and observe without being detected. The threat of blackmail would be very useful for coaxing the right thoughts out of our target, but we could get someone else to make the threats and avoid ever exposing ourselves directly. With your knowledge of all things ethereal and an endless feed of info, I'm sure we could crack whatever encryption they have on their communications in short order and get our way in without anyone ever knowing what we're up to."

20. - Top - End - #1460

[Street of Slavers]

"Yes, wherever the composition of Thariza's legion is morally sound or not isn't really related to the issue. Not to mention that only Thariza herself is really read up on the subject so I wouldn't be able to contribute. Regardless, I don't feel I have anything more to add at this point, do you Thariza?" She eyes the charr.

[KABAL Application]

"I see. So what kind of jobs are you specialty then Rozpacz? Could you perhaps give me an example of what you've done in the past?" The lady on the other end replies.

[The Petroldactyl]

Tellysandra smiles at butler and gestures at the painting he's holding, one of attendants immediately moving up to grab the middle part of the painting as if he was reading her mind. "Let him take care of that for you." She turns to Amy. "Where do you want it?"
    Amy blinks and points down the hall. "Uh... closet down there."

"Excellent." And so Tellysandra turns back to butler as her horned attendant with wings attempts to take the painting out of Butler and Gnarl's grip and carry it away. "Now then, tell me a bit about yourself Butler, where are you from?"

Parks and Reanimation

"Take us there, young one! We shall purify them together!" White-robe exclaims with her arms spread wide.
    "By which she means that we're going to cure them." Horns-for-robes adds.

"Why are you really asking, miss?" Hood-blue-tail suddenly speaks up. "Since I might have a true cure if you truly desire it. The price will be significantly higher than what you're offering however."

"Hey, back off, heretic! We're helping her!" White-robe protests.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-03-26 at 01:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Default [Street of Slavers]

Thariza's jaw hangs open for a moment. She has a feeling that Roth doesn't quite get it.

"I'm... not sure about some elements of the Legions' structure, nowadays," she says, struggling to get each word out. It clearly pains her to admit it. "But that doesn't really make slavery sound any better."
    "Yes, wherever the composition of Thariza's legion is morally sound or not isn't really related to the issue. Not to mention that only Thariza herself is really read up on the subject so I wouldn't be able to contribute. Regardless, I don't feel I have anything more to add at this point, do you Thariza?" She eyes the charr.
    Ah, the charr is speechless for the moment. A common reaction when you finally get through to someone! Roth smiles.
    "Sometimes, even when things seem really different, they can be more alike than you think at first."
    I think they've all heard some things to think about. Hopefully Roth remembers those things tomorrow.

"That's all you need for your research, Sir Ithil? Well I was quite glad to help. But I do need to be getting on and...girl, why are we here today?"
    "You...did not tell me, Mistress.
    "I didn't? Well, it must have been to buy someone! Probably to bring to the jungle and..." Roth trails off, thinking.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-03-26 at 02:23 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

"I've said what I had to say," Thariza says uncertainly. The admission she made seems to have shaken her. "And learned a thing or two."

23. - Top - End - #1463

Parks and Reanimation

Fidelia hesitates, her grey-flecked eyes studying the blue-hooded woman uneasily. "W-well...." She takes a deep breath to steady herself. "You're - you're right, that's - that's not why I'm asking. There- there are ghouls there, if you want to purge them, I didn't - I didn't lie about that, but...." Anxiety builds. "I-I need your help, but I- I don't have much more to give-" The poor girl looks positively distraught.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Petroldactyl]

Well... Butler supposes it's alright, since Gnarl is freed up as well. It wouldn't be fair to have his share of the work taken only for Gnarl to have to stick with the oversized painting. He nods to the attendant as he take over custody of the painting. "Thank you sir."

Was this an extra part of the interview? Like the second interview they do sometimes? Best put his best foot forward. Butler shifts so his left foot is slightly closer than his right. "Me ma'am? Well I was born and raised in Felina ma'am. It's a small catpeople nation commune located to the south of here ma'am. I haven't lived there since choosing my name and moving out to work fifteen years ago, but from the letters I get ma'am, they've recovered nicely from their setbacks and have started fresh training for the new generation ma'am. In those fifteen years, I've worked at a variety of places with a variety of people, so my butlering experience is very high ma'am. I've covered noble castles, campgrounds, and entire bases ma'am. I'll admit, I've only ever butlered on an airship once for a party ma'am, but a lot of this is familiar territory ma'am. I think I can keep this place most clean for you, you'll be astounded within a week ma'am!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Pixie in the Playground

[KABAL Application]

"I see. So what kind of jobs are you specialty then Rozpacz? Could you perhaps give me an example of what you've done in the past?" The lady on the other end replies.
    [KABAL Application]

"I used to be a General in the army, but certain 'cursed gifts' I acquired became a point of contention due to their demonic nature." Rozpacz replies, gesturing to his red wings, more for the gnoll's benefit. "I still have my capacity to lead a squad into hostile territory with the purposes of espionage, assassination and the like." He explains.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #1466

[The Petroldactyl]

"An airship you say? I have an offer for you then, Butler. This place is still being repaired and is still quite dangerous considering all the exposed wiring and other hazards that lie around. Thus, until everything is set up here at the base, why don't you come and do your butlering in my floating manor? It's far more comfortable and will be more suitable for your butlering experiences. It requires a lot of cleaning and house-holding, while this place is more akin to a engineers nightmare." She smiles, though her blindmask still make her appear somewhat impersonal.

[Street of Slavers]

Ambrosia nods. "Then we have what we came for." She offers her armored hand to Roth. "Thank you, Lady Roth. You've been a great help to us." She didn't really expect Roth to shake it, but it was the gesture that counted.

Parks and Reanimation

Blue-hood shakes her head, her eyes glimmering with a strange mix of red and blue as she speaks calmly to Fidelia. "I do not want to purge any ghouls, madame. But I can provide a cure of sort, and I can offer a price you might be able to pay. I have found myself in need of services. It's basic, menial tasks-"

"That's enough. That creature is completely untrustworthy." Horns-for-robes remarks, which is kinda ironic as they both have horns and tails. "Just lead us to the ghouls and don't risk your life and soul with her, we can provide repentance."

"Yup! Can I get a 'Amen'? Since we're about to purge some fools, by which I mean ghouls."

Blue-hood folds her hands, unfazed by the two others interruptions. "How long time of service do you believe what you ask for is worth?"

"That sounds like slavery to me. Don't trust it." Horn-for-robes counters. "We work for free."

Blue-robe shakes her head again. "I never do anything for free, but I can offer you a free advice, never trust those who do."

[KABAL Application]

The gnoll seems rather unenthusiastic about the whole deal and seems to be paying more attention to the executive ball clicker on the desk than the conversation in front of him.
    "'Cursed gifts'? Could you be a bit more specific? We do have a lot of experience with demons here at KABAL. Not that we in any way endorse the demon-related activities in Riverside or other unfortunate events. Still, such gifts could be of great use. We don't discriminate based on their source unlike other organizations."

[The Mad Fronts]

"Good questions, unfortunately not ones I can answer with much precision. I do know that almost every decision within the collective is taken with a mutual consensus, one of the most pure forms of democracy. With perfectly informed voters and instant access, I would dare to say its at least better than any crudely crafted form of government the fleshlings have managed to invent. So yes, there is individuality within the collective, I'm a living proof of that." Shazhan seems to be attempting to gesture judging by the movement of his form, yet all that comes out of it is small shifts in the gas he's made up of.
    "But I admit it could be possible to piggyback, yet I can't tell you for certain until I actually have proper look at Jinn's hardware. I tend to try to stay away from collective members for obvious reasons. If Jinn would see me, the collective would instantly be informed and they might call in the enforcers right here in Skyside. It's not like fleshling law, or the lack of it, has stopped them from intervening anywhere."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-03-31 at 06:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Pixie in the Playground

[KABAL Application]

The gnoll seems rather unenthusiastic about the whole deal and seems to be paying more attention to the executive ball clicker on the desk than the conversation in front of him.
    "'Cursed gifts'? Could you be a bit more specific? We do have a lot of experience with demons here at KABAL. Not that we in any way endorse the demon-related activities in Riverside or other unfortunate events. Still, such gifts could be of great use. We don't discriminate based on their source unlike other organizations."
    [KABAL Application]

"On a mission gone sideways, I got captured, tortured and sacrificed to a demon. Instead, he marked me. Now, I serve Lord Misery. I am not a chaotic being, however, rest assured." Rozpacz replies, looking rather disdainfully at the gnoll's disinterest. The eye, however, he keeps his own eyes on with very mild interest.
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Petroldactyl]

"Uh, yes, just once ma'am." Bulet clarifies his experience on airships. Still, Tellysandra seems fairly clear on the subject. He glances to Amy though, to try and get her read on this sudden offer. The goblin's unusual stiffness doesn't seem to be helping.

"Well I suppose if it's just temporary until this place is ready ma'am." He's already had to duck a container of strange liquid and caused a slight painting accident. Butler could help them move in, but he could equally also just be in the way and slow things down. "Amy can let us know when the repairs are done and then I will come back here ma'am. Is that all right with you ma'am?" Butler asks Amy directly, letting her have the final say.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1469

[The Mad Fronts]

"Well, that raises another question then." Affy grins. "How does one incapacitate an ethereal?" Pretty sure that expression is meant to make it clear he's well aware that Shazhan might consider that dangerous information to give to the Prof.

"Assuming there's a relatively manageable method to it, I can incapacitate Jinn without the two of you being spotted, and then we'll all have a window to put our skills to work. If we can keep Jinn out for a while, I reckon we'll have a decent chance of cracking it, hmm?"

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

[Street of Slavers]

"That was... educational," Thariza says, deep in thought, as she and Ambrosia walk away. "Not what I expected. But then I don't know what I expected."