New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[Skyside - Nighttime]

As Kirk leaves the relative safety of the railings, the already cold wind he's subjected to will quickly become unbearable as he suddenly finds himself being being pulled through the air. The violent winds is causing him to being thrown from side to side, yet the rope continues to pull him mercilessly up towards the manor above.
    What probably feels like an eternity later, as he has being pulled over certain death through winds that chill him to the bone, he finally comes to a abrupt halt at the small maintenance platform they spotted yesterday. Dena, who is already there, is quick to wrap her arms around Kirk to steady him and pull him in the rest of the way. "Cut it off." She orders.

He can see Violet laying inert nearby, and there appears to be a small jade statue of a small imp not too far from her...

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk whips out a knife and... just about fumbles it. His hand is numb. He curses under his breath and he recovers and cleanly cuts through the rope. "Trouble?" He breathes as he tries to shake off the chill. The imp doesn't defy expectations based on what they know so far. "We're going to have to move quickly if that thing is suppose to report to anyone." Hopefully there's no magical communication.

3. - Top - End - #333

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Dena glances in the direction of the imp. "It was busy doing some magic when I got here." She replies, and then as Kirk finally mange to cut the rope, she lifts him with some effort and puts him on the safe side of the railings. She then spends a moment looking him over, his hand in particular. Hopefully his only working hand would be functional during this. "You should drink this." Dena hands over a small potion.

Its a very sweet type of drink, tastes a bit like chocolate and will quickly warm up his body.

"You feeling better?" She asks once he has consumed it.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk takes the potion and downs it without question. "Worried about me?" He smirks, though there's a tightness to it. "I'll be fine. Any idea where to go next yet?" He takes a moment to take stock of their surroundings. Hopefully they can get inside immediately, and make their way up from there.

5. - Top - End - #335

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"Considering how many things that can go wrong, yeah." Dena then gestures upwards."Ideally, we would have climbed up this metal monstrosity but with your hand, we're going to try to take the service tunnel instead." She explains as she backs away and spends a moment to throw the imp-statue off the platform.

She then gestures at what appears to be a hatch. "It has its own advantages, like not having to climb. But considering the plans we have of the mansion are so old I have no clue if there are any alarms or other nastiest waiting for us in there. We just have to be alert, especially with Violet offline."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-10 at 08:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

[Tellysandra's Manse]

A visitor appears at Tellysandra's compound, probably brought there from the outside considering that it floats. He is a tall man of rough bearing and the deep brown skin of the desert. A thick black beard rings his jaw in curls like the dark swatch on his head. He's dressed in heavy robes like a priest, a few modest pieces of gold jewelry around his neck and appearing as rings on his fingers. The only incongruity is the heavy traveling boots poking out from the hem of his robes.

He waits where he is asked to wait, face still and grimly set.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk nods. "Let's not waste any time then." He heads over to the hatch, checking it over before trying to open it. Hopefully there won't be a lock considering where they are, but it wouldn't be that surprising of a first obstacle.

8. - Top - End - #338

[Skyside - Nighttime]

The hatch is of course locked, and its one of those electronic locks too. Can't just pick it the old-fashioned style, need to disable it first.
    Dena looks it over. "Give me a sec..." They don't have to wait long as she seems familiar with the model. "No problems." And so she opens up the hatch for Kirk. "Its the gentler sex first, right? You should be short enough to fit in there easily."

[Tellysandra's Manse]

What might be considered the most remarkable feature of the manor is the number of windows it have, every available surface has one. Some of ordinary size, others huge glass portals into the manor. Not that outsiders can see into it considering its location and the walls that surround it.
    Between the walls and the manor itself is a huge garden that is filled with peculiar plants such as lady's slippers, bat flowers, mouse plants, cobra lilies, skunk cabbage, ferns and yucca. The whole place has a gothic feel to it, with statues of angels and demons everywhere whose eyes seem to follow people wherever they go.

This is the setting the visitor will find himself in, there are a couple of guards around the place, dressed quite formally in black suits, though he has the feeling this particular place have more than just people protecting it. It isn't lady Tellysandra herself that is approaching him though, it is a small imp in glasses and a suit, holding what appears to be a data-table. "And what is your name, hm? You should consider yourself very lucky to be here, yes. Very lucky."

9. - Top - End - #339

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The stranger takes all this in with seemingly only a cursory glance. His eyes search the guards for weapons. His other senses - some of them supernatural - hunt the environment for guards of a less tangible sort. Those dark eyes pass over the garden and ponder on the openness with which the folk here practice witchcraft.

He grimaces slightly as he's approached by the demon. Not answering the question immediately, he says instead, "Lucky? And why is that?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #340

[Tellysandra's Manse]

He will be able to tell that not only are many of the statues possessed, but some of the guards are as well. The garden itself also seem to radiate magical energy, though without any distinctive purpose.

"Lucky since mistress don't want dangerous people in her home." The imp points a long finger at him accusingly. "And you are a very dangerous man, one would send to take care of problems. Why would anyone invite such a man, hm? Why have you come?"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"I don't recall the saying going that way." Kirk says, though he climbs through the hatch regardless. His hand is ready to produce a weapon as he analyzes his new environment.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    GIRLS

"I do apologise, milady. Somebody has released the slaves from our sister-shop down the road. It won't be long, I assure you. The Guild's guards and defences are very good; amongst the best in the city. We haven't had trouble on this scale for a very long time." Jasper leads Lucretia and her entourage to the back room, home to an industrial kitchen and massive fridges to feed the shop's wares, and then to a staircase behind a hidden door. Upstairs, it's a pretty modern family home; three bedrooms, a small kitchen and a living area all on one floor, located directly over the shop. It looks like it's just Jasper is the only family member home, however.

Back Alley

"I did not. I rather thought I'd have to seduce a rich nobleman, alter his will to the effect of my release and a modest amount of wealth upon his decease, and then smother him in his sleep. The options here are... Less clear." Although the seduction part is still something Elithazelle is considering. On that note, she concentrates on Genevieve, who may notice slight changes in the half-demon- nothing overt, but she's physically altering herself to match Genevieve's ideal of beauty. She can't remove her horns, or change her colouration too much, but it will affect her gender.
    [GIRLS]

"Very well then. We are grateful for the hospitality."

[Back Alley]

Elithazelle won't find herself changing much, really. she'll find that Genevičve seems to care pretty little as to Elithazelle's gender presentation, or any other overtly sexual characteristics that she could have given herself. In fact, she might find herself shifting towards becoming even more gender neutral as matching the architect's ideal of beauty means Elithazelle will need to become just that - an ideal. Maybe a little less seductive and sensual than she was expecting, but she'd leave any mathematician or sculpture drooling over her flawless proportions.

"There are many such noblemen in this city," says Genevičve. "I'm sure you'll not want for opportunity, if that is what you seek."

She turns to look at Elithazelle. "Is material wealth what you desire?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

GIRLS

It'll probably be half an hour before the all-clear is rang, all the slaves having escaped, killed or recaptured. A few of the guards are dead- savaged by a werewolf, or hurled by an angry giant, or trampled by centaurs. One was cursed by a faerie to fall upwards, and did... For fifteen minutes, before the curse ran out. They've only just hit the ground.

Jasper will spend the time acting as an awkward servant, very deferential, but also very inexperienced at the job.

Back Alley

These three can get away because they aren't actively running, they weren't seen leaving the store, and they're all dressed. Plus they're accompanied by a leading figure of the Guild, diverting attention away.

"Not really, no. Want I want most is a place I belong. Material wealth might be necessary to find such a location, but it is not the straight-up goal." Elithazelle is relieved she's remaining female, and feels herself shifting slightly to match Genevieve's ideal form. If she realised it was an ideal sculpture, she'd be a little confused, but in her experience most beauty is seductive to somebody. She keeps her feet large, to fit the boots she's been given by the drorc, who is still following along I think.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #344

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"The mistress seems more than equipped to deal with a thousand dangerous people in her home," Maiel says squarely, crossing his arms such that the drooping mouths of his robe-sleeves hang down over his flat belly. His voice is ancient strata, miles deep, hard and pitiless. "I am a mere one, and I do not wish her ill."

"I propose, instead, a partnership," says Maiel. "But I do not treat with peons. And I would not have been permitted here if I was going to be turned away by one such as you."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #345

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The imp grins. "Ya, ya, I'm so little and pathetic." He waves his hand dismissively. "But, my mistress still wants this pathetic creature to review her visitors. So we endure, yes? This is Sirotinim, lady Tellysandra's familiar, but you may call it Siro."

Siro is actually making a magical reading of Maiel as he is talking, being far more perceptive of other beings inner magical workings than he looks. He is right now trying to determine what Maiel is capable of. "Is that acceptable?"

[Skyside - Nighttime]

The tunnel is just large enough to crawl through and not much else. Its slightly rusty but is otherwise in good condition. The smooth metal even feels slightly wet against Kirk's palms, like it recently had been cleaned.

As he moves on inside, he can hear something move nearby. He can't see anything though, but it sounded small. Like a rat.

According to the old schematics they got, the tunnel should lead to a ladder that will take one directly into the machine room of the floating manor. Though from the sound of things, they aren't alone in here...

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk can add crawling to the list of incredibly awkward things to do with a stone hand, apparently. Having to either put weight on his elbow of the narrow surface of his mostly outstretched fingers provides an unexpected challenge. He endures however, though it makes retrieving his knife a moment later just as awkward.

He holds up a finger as he stops, letting Dena know to keep silent. A rat maybe, but it's better to be safe than sorry. He listens for a moment to determine if the sound is ahead of or behind them. If it's the former, he creeps forward slowly, watching and listening for his quarry.

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Tellysandra's Manse]

The imp grins. "Ya, ya, I'm so little and pathetic." He waves his hand dismissively. "But, my mistress still wants this pathetic creature to review her visitors. So we endure, yes? This is Sirotinim, lady Tellysandra's familiar, but you may call it Siro."

Siro is actually making a magical reading of Maiel as he is talking, being far more perceptive of other beings inner magical workings than he looks. He is right now trying to determine what Maiel is capable of. "Is that acceptable?"
    Siro can perceive a few things. Maiel is hiding a great deal of mass within his human frame. A typical trait among shapeshifters, all it means is that he has a truer form, and it is larger by far than this. There is some old, hungry spirit within him that rushes and thrashes madly like the heart of an underground river wearing against his mighty soul. Upon his brow is a halo of Starfire, invisible to the human eye. Siro will know, if he is knowledgeable and perceptive, that such brightly burning headgear is a weapon of the Divines rather than a mere mote of light for stylistic flair.

Both the dark spirit and the shining Halo are capable of bringing sure death. In one, bottomless physical strength. Strange powers over sound, like dark music. In the other, pure Immolation, the Idea of Fire, the original godly thought. One has to wonder only what such a Flame could not burn, what enemy could withstand the unimaginable heat that forged the first stars.

Maiel has strength on his own to dismantle at least every defender in Tellysandra's gardens. Whether or not he could reach the sorceress himself, battling alone, would be debatable and dependent on Siro's knowledge of Telly's innermost defenses. One can know for certain it would be a titanic struggle.

"No," says Maiel, again, apparently unaware. His frown only deepens slightly. He never called Siro pathetic and did not intend so. Peons are peons. This encounter is a waste of time, and his tone of voice makes that clear. "It is not. Let me through or I will let myself through, or else quit this place and find a partner more worthy of the power I hold in check."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #348

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Its ahead of them.

Dena stops her crawl and listens as well.

The sounds of movements seem to be coming from a side tunnel a bit ahead.
    But as Kirk crawls closer, something loudly screeches and what sounds like a struggle ensues.
    If Kirk crawls closer to look, he will see what appears like a imp struggling to maintain a grip around the neck of a huge black rat with bird wings. The winged rat is loudly screeching and clawing against the demon.

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Siro deflates, or at least acts like he's cowed by the mans words. "Okay, okay... this way then." The imp turns and gestures for him to tag along. He had the information he wanted anyway, and a bit more considering Maiel's reaction to having to talk to him. Powerful and brash, not a good combination.

As he turns his back to Maiel he also makes a small gesture with his hand, making his pad type exactly what he is thinking, sending the message directly to the mistress.

Spoiler: Private Chat
    Show
    StormQueen349 WTH, for real?
    IMPerfect11 Yeah, god-level stuff
    IMPerfect11 IMO, you shouldn't meet him, Mis
    IMPerfect11 Send in your double
    IMPerfect11 She gotta make her salary somehow, lol
    StormQueen349 Hmm, Nah, AFIK Archwarlock Tellysandra Tusumi is all-powerful and doesn't afraid of anything B-)
    StormQueen349 Need to live up to my reputation, right? Even if its some god knocking on my door
    StormQueen349 I can handle him
    StormQueen349
    IMPerfect11 lol, like that 'big' angel? ;)
    StormQueen349 No comment -_-;
    IMPerfect11 SCNR, but HF then, just don't say I didn't warn you, Mis
    StormQueen349 ACK

Siro will then lead Maiel through the manor itself, past several guards and a series of security spells, to a porch on the other side of the manor. There, sitting in a sun chair by a huge pool with a bar at the side sits Lady Tellysandra herself.
    She is in a airy black robe which just reaches her knees. Her black shiny hair cascading in exceptionally long curls down the from the chair. Though even in such a casual setting she is still wearing her blind mask.

Laying leaning against the chair, her arms laying over Telly's feet, is a red-haired woman in a blue bikini with three sets of wings spurting out of her back. As she turns to the approaching Maiel he can see that her eyes have a distinct holy glow to them, and that she frowns as soon as her eyes have laid upon him.

Towering over the warlock is a lean man with grey skin and eyes as black as ink. From his head a whole series of horns that spurts out. He is holding two cups of some undetermined liquid, and is dressed only in a pair of boxers. Unlike the winged woman, he smiles widely at their visitor.

As for the warlock herself, she puts away the computer pad she had been holding and turns to face him without actually getting up. "Maiel, was it? Welcome to Stratocumulusrest Mansion." She gives him a small nod of acknowledgement.

From this point of the manor, one will find themselves with a overview of a magnificent sea of clouds, brightly illuminated by the midday sun that shines overhead.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-21 at 11:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

It looks like it's this rat's lucky day. Kirk moves as quickly as he can in the confined space and lunges with his knife to put that imp out of commission before it can get away from them.

20. - Top - End - #350

[Tellysandra's Manse]

Maiel pauses, visibly hesitating as his eyes lock in Tellysandra. After a few seconds he returns the nod, deepening it slightly in respect to the master of the house. "Lady Tellysandra."

"You seem to have acquired some formidable retainers. It is no middling skill you possess," he says, examining them. This is the only attention he pays to the scantily clad summons. Maiel looks out past the trio as well, at the sea of clouds, his face momentarily giving the impression that something has not agreed with his stomach.

"I have come to propose a... mutually beneficial relationship. You are clearly well financed here," says Maiel. "In exchange for a reasonable exchange of precious metals and stones, I would provide my services in protecting your interests. Or enforcing your will." His eyes glitter. "Whichever you so choose."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #351

[Skyside - Nighttime]

The imp forehead is impaled by the dagger, but rather than just collapsing dead at the spot, it lets go off the rat and loudly screams in pain as he seems to be feebly trying to dislodge the knife from his head. The rat takes this chance to run off, soon taking flight and disappearing deeper into the tunnel.

Meanwhile the imp is still screaming and failing around as it is attempting to remove the dagger, Kirk could finish the job at this point but it does look like the little demon is rather difficult to kill, even if it can clearly can be hurt.

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Is that so?" Tellysandra strokes her chin as she slowly gets up from the chair, the winged woman getting off her. "I do happen in be in need of new associates." She admits. "You know of KABAL, correct? They're pretty big here in Skyside, and if you do know of them, you must know my association to them. Therefore, if you are willing to associate with me, you have to accept being associated with them as well. Is this acceptable? I know that KABAL's reputation can be a bit rough, but I assure you that we are the way of the future."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-23 at 07:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk does make a point to try and finish the job, with an uncomfortable display of savagery. He finds demons... disagreeable.

Provided he can finish the job, he'll drop the corpse and turn back toward Dena. "Up the main tunnel more, yeah?" His breathing and likely splatters of blood are the only side of the struggle.

23. - Top - End - #353

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"KABAL's reputation is of no concern. I am looking for competent, wealthy associates. I do not intend to join the club."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #354

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Once Kirk cuts the imps throat, it suddenly stops screaming and falls dead to the floor, its body quickly disintegrate into dust.
    Dena, who is just behind him, seems to study him as he turns to face her. "Mm, we can just hope no one heard that. We might have been able to ask it a few things before we disposed of it, but maybe that was more trouble than it was worth. Nicely done." She smiles, displaying her fangs, all the snakes atop her head watching him intently.
    "The ladder should be just ahead."

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"Fair enough, and I like to think of myself as both wealthy and competent as the state of my estate would suggest." She smiles widely. "But enough about me being full of myself. Let's talk about you instead. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? All I got so far is your name and that you aren't to be messed around with. Tell me why you should get this job, sell yourself to me." While her face remains still, Maiel is actually being studied by a number of invisible eye-bals which are all staring straight at him from just a few yards away. Tellysandra's eyes.

"You look like a man with a interesting past." The warlock observes.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

"It's probably have been as effective as questioning a guard dog." Kirk remarks as he moves on. He doesn't think much of the sort of demon that appeared to be. Perhaps he's assuming too much, but better safe than sorry.

He'll continue on until they reach the ladder, unless there's something more to interrupt.

26. - Top - End - #356

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"You seem to have misunderstood. This isn't a job. I won't be your employee. I understand in practice it may feel that way much of the time, but this distinction is important," says Maiel, without much inflection. "And I expect to be able to rely on the assistance of KABAL when the situation merits it. Or at the very least to requisition resources."

"...My past is trivial. I left what matters of it many worlds away. I prefer to concern myself with the future..." His eyelids lower, and Maiel seems to relax somewhat. "But if you need further motivation to pursue our relationship, perhaps I can provide a demonstration of my usefulness."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #357

[Tellysandra's Manse]

The warlock seem to consider a moment, but then gestures for him. "Like a display of might? I have no problems with that. What did you have in mind?" She appears intrigued.

[Skyside - Nighttime]

They reach the ladder without any more trouble and finally they can actually stand upright again. "Could have been an intelligent bugger, its hard to tell with those." Dena quietly remarks as they get out of the tunnel.
    But as they start to climb, she falls deadly silent.

Eventually, they reach a hatch which must be leading into the machine room they were aiming for. There could be people there though, or worse, guards.
    If Kirk opens it up, he will only see darkness though and hear the deafening sounds of machinery all around him.

28. - Top - End - #358

[Tellysandra's Manse]

"You could also call it a display of competence. In either case..." Maiel looks around again for the first time, at the servants and any other hidden guardians who might be present. "Perhaps a contest of strength against your other... associates would be appropriate."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk take a peek first, but the darkness is impenetrable. He ducks back down for a moment and produces his sunglasses. While you'd expect that to exacerbate the problem, these aren't normal shades. In this level of darkness, he should be able to make out shapes with them on.

30. - Top - End - #360

[Tellysandra's Manse]

His suggestion has a range of reactions from the entities around him. The winged woman simply looks away while the grey man chuckles, and Siro simply pretends to be busy with his data tablet while listening closely to the conversation.
    "My 'associates'?" His wording makes her smile. "I prefer to think them as family.” She gestures at the woman who is still at her feet. “This is-“ The woman turns to stare fiercely at her. “Someone that wish to remain anonymous.” Telly quickly corrects herself. “But this is Ismodus.”

As soon as she mentions the man he approaches Maiel and offers his hand to shake. “I’d love a good fight, Maiel. You strike me as a man of action rather than talk, so let’s have it shall we? Any sort of rules we should adhere to? I assume complete destruction of one another is out of the question.” He smiles brilliantly.

[Skyside - Nighttime]

Kirk will be able to make out several large machines nearby that no doubt is the source of the sounds. There isn’t anything but these machines as far as he can see, but as he spends more than a moment out of the hatch, he can hear voices through the heavy background noise.

*kdush, kdush, kdush*
    “Tipek, your turn to deal. Give me two.”
    *kdush, kdush, kdush*

Down below, Dena is waiting. “Anything?” She whispers, her voice barely audible through the noise.

((Font to be added.))