New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

Street of Slavers- EXOTIC

Rahilda also doesn't resist being taken and locked into a cage. She'll sit down, or better yet, lie down if there's room, and try to have a nap. She wants the collar off; she won't think about escaping until that's achieved.

The owl harpy doesn't resist as she's put into a bird cage and transferred into the back of the van, and quickly settles back down to sleep. The vulture harpy also doesn't resist, though she squawks uncomfortably as she's pushed into the new cage.

The osprey, on the other hand, does try something. She punches out at the proprietor, but the drorc was expecting it (which is why she went last) and dodged the blow. He retaliates with a short zap from a cattleprod he wears at his waist, making her scream in pain and fear. She's much easier to push into the cage now, and is carted out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Street of Slavers - EXOTIC]

One-two-three-four-five-six-seven, all in.
    There's space to sit down or curl up in a ball. Lying comfortably, not so much.
    The customer climbs into the back of the van after them, and the driver starts them away, heading out of the street of slavers and up into the Cloudtop district.
    "Now, I am not your owners, merely another slave, who is taking you to them. Nevertheless, you may wish to act as though your lives depended on my good opinion of you." He glares at the osprey.
    After that, he will allow them to ride in peace. Eventually they come to a gate to a walled estate belonging to one of the city's noble houses.

"Alright, wake up, and welcome to your new home. Play nice, and you'll get to leave someday."
    One by one, they'll have their cage carried off so they can be washed, fitted with their new collars (heavy with electronic tracking and mind control enchantments (inactivate, for the moment)), officially recorded (among various sundry physical examinations, each harpy will be required to provide a name, description of where they came from, and tale of how they came to be in the slave market), and given some dinner. It is at this point that Rahilda's anti-magic collar is taken off. It's only sporting to give her a chance.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-12-18 at 08:22 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"You mean your master never shelled out for you to be bulletproof? Isn't that a shame." Kirk doesn't actually sound like he cares. He produces what looks to be a heavily modified thompson machine gun from... somewhere. "Evidently discretion is out the window. Shame." Same tone.

He lowers the window, props the gun on the mirror, and unleashed a torrent of laster fire on their target. It's more suppressing fire than anything, seeing as he needs to drive. It should make it hard to shoot back.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Too bad for them." Electra seems rather calm as she rolls down her window and leans slightly out of it, extending her weapon past the other mirror, and fires, though she's not aiming at the goblin, but rather, the truck's back tires. Or, to be more specific, she's aiming at where the tires should be, since her weapon's bright blue energy bolts are more than capable of punching through the truck's thin metal skin and still having enough power left to destroy its tires. That is, unless the truck's body is somehow armored akin to that of a tank; then it might take a couple of shots.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #95

[Pursuing KABAL]

That van is not armored, so as Electra takes aim at the tires, she blows right through it. The car starts sliding out of control and all of sudden the falcon swoops down towards the car, yet while in the air it suddenly changes into a huge bear that land on the car window.

"ROAD BEAR!" They can hear a terrified passenger scream as the van finally comes crashing down into a nearby building.

Kirk and Electra can see the tire she shoot at come rolling towards them as smoke comes rising from the crashed van. Looks like the chase is over.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

Putting the car's brakes to the test, Kirk squeals to a stop. He hops out of the car quickly, leveling his gun at the wreck. He doesn't move toward it even if he'd like to, a wary glance at the bear betrays why. "How about anyone still living crawls out of there nice and slow." Kirk looks at Electra and cocks his head at the bear. Keep an eye on that.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-20 at 07:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

As soon as the car stops, Electra's out of it and striding towards the van, drawing her other pistol. Her armor changes color in a flash, from black with gold and blue highlights, to yellow and light grey, still with the gold and blue interspersed here and there. She keeps one weapon trained on the bear, and the other on whatever exits might still be viable from the van.

"All right Mr. Shapeshifter Bear, the jig is up. Step away from the van, slowly, unless you want a few hundred thousand volts as a blanket!"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #98

[Pursuing KABAL]

While the passengers in the car are taking their sweet time getting out of the car, the bear has already climbed down from the hood. It turns to Electra and changes form yet again, turning into a rather tall purple elf in a red patched up garb. "You want me to step away? I was the one that took out the van! You guys are MERC, right? Well, I'm from VIGIL and I watched this place for days. So I got as much right to question these guys as you do."

From the van they can just hear groans...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-20 at 01:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Last I checked it's not your people that are being targeted by these maniacs." Alright, so the bear is a person. That makes far more sense than the alternative. "There's no reason we can't cooperate, but try not to stand directly in the crossfire."

10. - Top - End - #100

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra eyes the elf, her calm expression not changing. Her aim doesn't waver, but she does start an image match search of the elf's face against publicly known VIGIL members. After all, this could be a security ruse on KABAL's part, meant to throw them off the trail while the elf rescues the crew inside the van and their cargo.

"We both had a hand in bringing the van down. As my colleague says, there's no reason we can't work together, if you're really from VIGIL." She can hear the moans coming from inside the van, and pauses, before calling out once again, this time towards the van. "Come out of the vehicle slowly, with your hands up!"

11. - Top - End - #101

[Pursuing KABAL]

The check up seems to match, Electra even gets a name, "Anika Sunfletcher - druid".

"They have attacked us too. Don't think you have some kind of exclusivity on crazy people." She knocks her knuckle against the KABAL van. "But yeah, we can work together, as long as I get to hear what these goons have to say."
    Meanwhile, a beaten up gnoll slowly gets out of the van with his hands raised. "Don't hurt!" He insists, arms raised above his head.

Kirk and Electra might remember that he was the one carrying that delivery bag while the KABAL crew was entering the car. The bag is no where to be seen now though.
    They can see more figures moving in the back of the van.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-20 at 04:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Step the hell away from the van or I'll hurt alright." Kirk stays, gesturing to the side with his gun. He calls to the rest still inside. "Get out of the van now. We only need one of you, so move it if you don't want a few new breathing holes."

13. - Top - End - #103

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra shifts the weapon covering Anika once her search reveals that the elven druid actually is a member of VIGIL. One weapon now covers the surrendering gnoll, while the other covers the van's back doors. She takes a few steps towards the back of the van.

"This is your final warning. Exit the van with your hands up now, or we will open fire!"

14. - Top - End - #104

[Pursuing KABAL]

The gnolls shuffles away as finally, the other occupants of the car, the two goblins come out with their hands in the air. They are both badly bruised from the crash, not quite as lucky as the gnoll, but can still move about. "KABAL is gonna be here soon, so you better run. I called them." One of the goblins claims.

Meanwhile, Anika is looking through the driver-seats side window. "Looks like the driver is unconscious." She remarks as she grabs her, pulling her out. "Let's make sure she doesn't die..." And with a touch green energy envelopes the driver, causing her bruises and other injuries to heal before their eyes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-21 at 06:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Do I look like I care? Where's the package you were carrying? And where were you going?" Kirk points his gun between them, a reminder of the threat he poses. He's not feeling particularly accommodating to idiots today.

16. - Top - End - #106

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra feels about as accommodating as Kirk seems to be. She's tempted to shoot the boastful idiot, but for now, settles for simply covering the prisoners with both weapons, looking to Anika.

"Check the van for a bag, if you would, please. I'm curious to know what they were carrying."

17. - Top - End - #107

[Pursuing KABAL]

The goblin whom stayed silent until now suddenly opens his mouth. “Alright, alright, it’s just a simple drug run. We’re delivering echo to our dealers in Skyside, that’s all there is to it. You can check the bag if you don’t believe me.”

Coincidentally. Anika is opening the other door of the van at the same moment and fishes out the delivery bag the gnoll had been carrying. “And this powder is supposed to be echo?” She pulls out a plastic bag filled with black powder from the delivery bag.

The goblin nods. “Yeah, uh, they’re really protective about it, the bosses I mean.”
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-22 at 05:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

Kirk smirks. "Even better. So do you have a particular drop off point. Or a list perhaps?" Kirk glances back the way they came. "Hurry now. I promise you want your friends to show up with us still here even less than we do."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-22 at 05:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra raises an eyebrow at Anika in a curious manner, but says nothing since Kirk's interrogation seems to be yielding results. She wonders to herself if the drugs were the reason why KABAL started attacking VIGIL. There'll be time to ask that later, though, assuming Anika sticks with them for the moment. They have the firepower, after all.

20. - Top - End - #110

[Pursuing KABAL]

Anika simply throws the bag aside once that is confirmed, she does not seem to want to have much to do with it. "So that's it, drugs? What's in this stuff anyway?" She demands, gesturing at the goblins.

"If you let me reach into my pocket, I got a list of the dealers we're supposed to deliver the drugs too..." The goblin claims, his hands slowly moving towards his pockets. "And lady, I got no clue what's in it. I just deliver the stuff." He glances around, seeming more nervous now.

His companions also seem more nervous, but don't utter a sound. If they really did call KABAL, then they will be here very soon.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Don't move." Kirk approaches the goblin, gun still leveled, and makes to take the list out of the pocket himself. "One of you two grab that bag. We're getting out of here." Kirk says as he backs toward the car again. "Assuming of course that you're joining us?" He says, looking at Anika.

22. - Top - End - #112

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra moves quickly to the bag, keeping her weapons trained on the group and kneels down, holstering one pistol before picking up the bag and straightening up. If the gang tries anything, they're going to be in for a world of hurt. She nods at Kirk, then starts for the car, continuing to cover the group with her other weapon.

"Got it. Let's go."

23. - Top - End - #113

[Pursuing KABAL]

As Kirk approaches, the KABAL crew looks uneasy, but the goblin stands perfectly still and lets him take the list, along with what appears to be old gum. Ew.
    Anika reaches down to grab the bag, but before she can reply, several bullets pass them by and they can hear shouting behind them.
    Another KABAL vehicle is driving right towards them, that housecar that Kirk didn't steal. It might look a tad silly, but the gnoll hanging out of it with a sub-machine gun shooting at them is look far more dangerous.

The KABAL goons they captured quickly scatter in every direction, fleeing the scene on foot. Anika simply ducking down to avoid getting hit before she turns into a falcon again, leaving Kirk alone.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

Kirk curses and rushes back to the car. Alright then, that's their queue. He slides over the hood of the car and jerks the door open. The second Electra join him inside, the pedal hits the floor and the tires squeal. Time to go.

25. - Top - End - #115

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra is a blur of movement, her armor reverting to its standard colors in a flash as she makes her way up to the car, firing her weapon at the driver of the KABAL vehicle to try and give Kirk some cover, since she moves so much faster than he does. Even if it doesn't hit the driver, the exploding plasma bolts are going to cause a lot of damage to the vehicle and its occupants. As soon as Kirk's getting in, she's in the car with the bag she picked up. Whatever else they just lost, at least they got the list and some sort of sample of this "echo" stuff. For now, she focuses on other pursuers, since that might not have been the only set of KABAL reinforcements.

26. - Top - End - #116

[Pursuing KABAL]

The house car is surprisingly durable but is still forced to stop dead in its tracks as Electra barrages it with plasma bolts, smoking coming from its hood. The gnoll still manages to fire off a few more rounds though, more to force Electra and Kirk to retreat than actually intending to hurt them.

As they then drive away, they might find a certain falcon attempting to keep up with them. They might also note that there isn't anyone perusing them, for now at least. Electra's blasts seems to have put that old wreck out for good.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

Kirk looks in the rear view mirror. "That was easier than I'd have hoped." The drow doesn't slow down, however. Who knows who else may show up? "So what do we have on that list? I'm not sure what we can do with that info, but who knows. Might be interesting."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-23 at 11:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Hmmm, let's see," Electra says, taking the list from him and looking it over quickly, noting anything interesting, before looking back up, and catching a glimpse of the falcon in one of the mirrors. Good, she was hoping they'd have a chance to talk to Anika at length. Hopefully this list and the bag of drugs was worth blowing their cover. Meeting up with other MERC members is probably going to be a bad idea for a while, since the KABAL members all got a look at her and Kirk. Dipsnig may be less than pleased if this was all a wild goose chase.

29. - Top - End - #119

[Pursuing KABAL]

There are all sorts of dealers, and curiously there aren't just numbered by names, but also by races. There seem to be one dealer of each race curiously enough.

A goblin
    A gnoll
    A gnome
    A human
    A cathar
    A zeltron
    A chiss
    A duros
    A jawa.

There is a lack of any ethereal drug dealer, but they are both rare and probably unable to take drugs anyway being made of energy and all.
    There are also some notes on the paper, with small comments on each dealer like "'Snitch', '*******', 'hot piece of ass', etc.

There is also a small note at the bottom of the paper mentioning "****ing demons". Whatever that means.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-12-23 at 06:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

Presumably Electra relays most of that info to Kirk. "Seems useful. If we wanted to kick Kabal in the balls we could use that to disrupt their drug operation somewhat." Kirk's certainly not opposed to that plan, though it's hardly a foolproof plan.