New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 5

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 5

[Pursuing KABAL]

Well, Kirk could hardly have put it better himself. He really has nothing to add to that. Hopefully that would satisfy Anika.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-31 at 08:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Oh, fine, fine. I'll give in to the power of friendship and all that." Or mutual lust in Kirk's case. "She's at the VIGIL base. I can let you inside there, but first we have to get out of this hellhole of a city. I could just fly out but I don't think I can give you a lift and those KABAL goons are gonna give you a hard time now."

3. - Top - End - #153

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra eyes Kirk, raising an eyebrow. She can probably give these KABAL idiots the slip, even on foot, thanks to her EAS and other movement systems, but she can't just abandon him, and she can't exactly carry him while using them, since the acceleration would probably injure him. If she'd had some time for her auto-repair system to fix her teleporter, she could just teleport them both there, but as it stands, that system's still broken. Plus, there's the little matter of the car they stole.

"It might get messy, but we can probably fight our way out of the city, if need be. Unless you happen to have some magic I'm unaware of, Kirk."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Noble Estate

The Sky Wail might be hard to find; there's several enchantments to make it easier for the vessel to creep up on sky-whales; notably, it absorbs most frequencies of sound and the crew are practised at being as silent as possible. It's not invisible, however, even if sonar and radar find it harder to pin the vessel down. It's also not particularly agile, suspended underneath a vast balloon of sky-whale oil and propelled by a pair of vast turbines. It is fairly heavily armed, with harpoon-cannon at the vessel's prow to hook a whale, and several old flak batteries to defend against pirates, dragons and environmentalists. The hull won't withstand many blows from the plasma cannons, and the balloon will prove easily flammable, and full of lighter-than-air liquid. If the balloon is ruptured, the whaling ship will plummet to the earth as the crew try to evacuate with a mix of hot-air balloons, gliders, parachutes, and microlights. The evacuees will continue to return fire, though now they're using a vast array of pistols, muskets, crossbows and the odd assault rifle, depending on individual preference.

Awakening the sentience of objects was mentioned in the store, I believe. And animating them isn't possible; talking to them, and using them as spies and informants, is. "Rahilda never knew me. Not as a person. She doubts our relationship because my relationship with her mother was strained. She didn't understand the Deal, and wanted her sister back. My daughter never liked to talk of me, so all Rahilda knows about me, is what I've shared. Not all of it." And grandmother died before Rahilda was born, meaning she was not available to meet... Until Rahilda was fourteen, when her magic started to manifest and she first noticed the old lady-ghost hanging around her house and following people around. "Ah, the Deal. I made it with a witch. Well, with the unicorn powering the witch. It granted me fertility, three names I could call upon, and the ability to see in the dark. I gave it my second daughter when she reached puberty, and promised to protect my family for seven generations. I'm not expecting more grandchildren, but the daughter I sacrificed lives. She is bound to the unicorn." Which they probably want more information on.

Guards are obvious, and Stormwing knows about guns. "Cannot plan what do not know. You Grounded Ones are cunning, smart. What I do if I escape is not important until I have. If I do." Stormwing doesn't note the doors. The only doors she's seen close up are the caged bars of a slaver's ship and the flimsy wooden hinged barricades aboard the fishing boat that caught her. And these ones. She's also doubting she will escape, fully aware she doesn't know enough to avoid defences and contingencies. Even the mind-control enchantment on her collar would stop her, and she's not aware of that.
    It will take them quite a while to find The Sky Wail. With no radar reflections, they have to blunder around until they actually see the thing. More than once they wonder if the information was accurate and it's actually out hunting here at all. Flak bursts (for the most part) glimmer ineffectively off the energy shields around the warplanes, but one of the attackers takes a direct hit and, critically damaged, vanishes from the sky in a flash. A cannon-harpoon would probably go right through their defenses and hook a plane's wing, but they're confident their aircraft are nimble enough to avoid it, mounted at the very prow as it is. And they seem to be correct. The whaler's balloon will be the target, ruptured (and probably ignited by the high-energy shots) in the first pass. The two remaining warplanes split off in opposite directions and circle around to try to pick off the evacuees, feeling (if not necessarily correctly) that small arms fire won't do them any harm. They target the smaller balloons first, thinking that those are the most likely platforms to mount some unconventional resistance.

"You made a deal to get fertility, but you didn't expect to have many descendants?" Nai shakes her head. "You'll have to explain that to me in more detail."
    'A witch did it' is a pretty good explanation, honestly, but that just seems counter-intuitive.

"I'm only suggesting that you might want to have a plan for getting from the city back to your home, before you try anything."
    With that advice, Stormwing will be led to and left in her cell, with an instruction to "get some rest".
    They ought to be properly recovered from any mistreatment by their former captors before the experiments start.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"I'm not particularly afraid of Kabal, to be entirely frank. They're a pain in our ass, on a large scale, but I wouldn't call them personally threatening." Kirk not any he's encountered yet, that is. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise him. "I intend to drive to a lift station and simply leave."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

GIRLS

"We bought them from their father. He had debts he had to pay. Their mother was a slave of his, but these two were the last valuables he had left to sell. That wasn't local, though; he lives in a world we have trading links to. It's an odd world; the life-worshipping drow there were driven underground by the surface elves, who worship death. These two were raised on the surface." Jasper explains, eager to explain how well-connected they are.

The two girls shudder at the hungry look, cowering at the back of their cages.

EXOTIC

EXOTIC's sale-floor is divided into two halves, the front part devoted to human-sized and smaller individuals, whilst the rear chamber is where the larger slaves are stored, in addition to any with semi-aquatic individuals. In the front room right now, there's a lanky, grey-skinned shapeshifter wearing a collar that traps it in its natural form, a tiny leprechaun, an androgynous half-demon elf, a hagraven, a pair of black-scaled kobolds and five faeries trapped in small cages upon the counter by the till. There may also be a normal-looking human woman.

In the rear part of the store, there's a pair of ogres, three female centaur and a male, a lanky, green-skinned troll and a blue-skinned cloud giant with a large beard. There's also a young dryad kept in a large enclosure including a potted tree.

Noble House

One of the balloonists packed a Panzerfaust anti-tank weapon, but the rest were concentrating mostly on escaping, and all the things they are using were intended as emergency escape vehicles, not gun-platforms, and most of the available space is taken up by the surviving crew. The evacuees can be mopped up quite easily, and pose far less threat now. A few lucky individuals may survive the long fall to the ground, but they'd have to be very lucky to survive all five kilometres down (height determined by looking up Zeppelins on Wikipedia).

"Rahilda's mother is dead, and my other daughter is a witch. She's sworn to a black unicorn. I was barred from witnessing the exact ritual, but one of the oaths is celibacy. If she has a child, she'll lose her magic and probably her life. Unicorns take that sort of thing very seriously, especially black ones. I can have more descendants, but not more grandchildren." Grandmother could have had more children, probably. That'd increase the chance of descendants, but then again, more descendants means more to do.

Stormwing won't respond, and doesn't resist being led to her cell. She'll try to fight to prevent going in, though. She's claustrophobic, and doesn't like the look of spending time in such an enclosed space. The other two harpies don't mind so much, one being used to swooping through a forest at night, the other to flying through wadis and ravines.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #157

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Okay, but... I guess I could tag along." She glances at the car. "If I could fit into the car, that is. Looks like it only have two seats and I can't really fly after it at full speed."

8. - Top - End - #158

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Do you have any smaller forms? If you had something small, like a cat, or a rabbit or something, you could ride on my lap," Electra offers. She hasn't met that many shapeshifters, so she's not sure that's possible for Anika, but it's more feasible than trying to cram all three of them into the car.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #159

[Pursuing KABAL]

"I can't just assume the form of anything. But my smallest form would probably be a, uh, snake, or perhaps the falcon if I hold in my wings." She suggests. "I might end up being in the way though. All these cursed vehicles seem to be made with humans or goblins in mind."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Pick the smallest one and we should be fine if you want to tag along. That or track us overhead if you want to be in a better position if things get rocky." Kirk says. "We better get moving in any case. We've been sitting here too long already."

11. - Top - End - #161

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra nods at Kirk and turns back towards the car.

"Yeah, let's get going. Just use your snake form; you'll be easier to fight around then."

12. - Top - End - #162

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Okay, one second then..." Anika remarks and shapeshifts into a purple cobra-like snake with a teal colored hood that is anything but small. It will likely take up most of Electra's lap and still be in her face.

Nonetheless, the cobra starts crawling towards the car, better give it a lift. Looks dangerous...

"So now I'm carrying animals too. Hobo animals. You are all a disgrace to intelligent beings everywhere." The car remarks.

13. - Top - End - #163

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

"Oh, quiet you," Electra remarks irritatedly to the car as she wedges herself into the passenger seat and helps shift Anika's body around herself so that the shape shifter doesn't accidentally get pinched in her armor's joints in case she needs to move around. Finally, she manages to get the door closed. It's...snug, if not comfortable, but she's been in worse positions, before. She waits patiently for Kirk to get in and get them rolling again.

14. - Top - End - #164

Noble House

One of the balloonists packed a Panzerfaust anti-tank weapon, but the rest were concentrating mostly on escaping, and all the things they are using were intended as emergency escape vehicles, not gun-platforms, and most of the available space is taken up by the surviving crew. The evacuees can be mopped up quite easily, and pose far less threat now. A few lucky individuals may survive the long fall to the ground, but they'd have to be very lucky to survive all five kilometres down (height determined by looking up Zeppelins on Wikipedia).

"Rahilda's mother is dead, and my other daughter is a witch. She's sworn to a black unicorn. I was barred from witnessing the exact ritual, but one of the oaths is celibacy. If she has a child, she'll lose her magic and probably her life. Unicorns take that sort of thing very seriously, especially black ones. I can have more descendants, but not more grandchildren." Grandmother could have had more children, probably. That'd increase the chance of descendants, but then again, more descendants means more to do.

Stormwing won't respond, and doesn't resist being led to her cell. She'll try to fight to prevent going in, though. She's claustrophobic, and doesn't like the look of spending time in such an enclosed space. The other two harpies don't mind so much, one being used to swooping through a forest at night, the other to flying through wadis and ravines.
    (And now we know something about which altitudes sky whales can be found swimming in).
    The attacking planes peel off and head toward's the desert's southern edge, their work done. Anyone who survives a multikilometer fall and makes it back to Skyside to do something about it deserves respect. Besides, the odds are terrible. Shooting them as they fall is just...unnecessary.
    They leave the wreck and the bodies for someone else to find.

Nai wonders if a clone of one's granddaughter counts as a descendant for purposes of magical oaths. But no point mentioning that, and she just nods. Unicorns, very magical, very dangerous, yes.
    "What happens to you if Rahilda never has children?" Seems like it could be an easy way out, or a way to be trapped.

Stormwing likely breaks out of her captor's grip and gets a few steps or wingbeats away before her collar stops her. At which point she should feel distant, half-asleep, watching herself from somewhere else as she walks back into the cell. The next time she would think and move clearly is half a minute after the door's been locked behind her.
    But just ever-so-possibly, she'll throw off the magical domination (which sets off an insistent beeping alarm on the collar), and race out of the cell block having only that tall guarded wall between her and freedom. Or has a chance to really fight her jailer and make sure he can't give chase. Or try to free other slaves. You know, options.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Noble House

I'd say it does. "In that case, when my last blood descendent dies, I'll have broken my magically-binding oath and my soul- the bit you're talking to now- will be dragged kicking and screaming into Hell. I did not foresee her mother's early passing, and hoped for more grandchildren." Or possibly the ghost is lying to try and protect her granddaughter's life, as necessitated by the terms of her Deal.

Stormwing doesn't manage to fight the magical domination, her desperation meaning she was focused on her body, not her mind. When she has control of her body back, she'll try desperately to get out- forcing the door, flapping at the window, anything that she can think of. If that doesn't work, she'll scream and plead, begging to be released and promising to behave- if only she's let out of the cage before the walls crush her.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pursuing KABAL]

"I can't wait to introduce you to my colleague." Is Kirk's only response for the car. Was that some kind of threat> He said it like it was.

In any case, time to go. Kirk pulls out of the alley and starts driving int he direction of the nearest lift station.

17. - Top - End - #167

[Pursuing KABAL]

"More middle-class yolks. Great. Death seems preferable at this point." The car replies shortly before they start driving.

At first there is no obvious KABAL presence. Anyone in Skyside could technically be a goon considering that most citizens are armed in some way or the other. However, eventually they reach what seems to be some disturbance along the road to the lift station. There appear to be a huge argument between several car owners and people that are clearly a part of KABAL considering the clothes they're wearing.

It appears that they have started to make a blockade with the help of a truck that they simple have driven into the middle of the road and hit the breaks with. There are a couple of armed humans walking about, making sure that the other drivers aren't getting any ideas.
    One could technically drive in-between the buildings and the truck, but it would be a really tight fit, and there are armed people about, carrying a lot of heat.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-01-03 at 08:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra knows a trap when she sees one. But with Anika in the car with them, it's going to be difficult for her to bring the heat she herself packs to bear. She could, perhaps, send Kirk and Anika on ahead and catch up with them. Hmmm. There's an idea, one to act on before they get too close to the checkpoint.

"Pull over, act like you're parking to drop your passenger off," she says to Kirk, unwinding Anika from herself, before looking to the snake. "Once I'm out, stay low. If you have any ranged weapons, now's the time to get them ready."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

GIRLS

"We bought them from their father. He had debts he had to pay. Their mother was a slave of his, but these two were the last valuables he had left to sell. That wasn't local, though; he lives in a world we have trading links to. It's an odd world; the life-worshipping drow there were driven underground by the surface elves, who worship death. These two were raised on the surface." Jasper explains, eager to explain how well-connected they are.

The two girls shudder at the hungry look, cowering at the back of their cages.

EXOTIC

EXOTIC's sale-floor is divided into two halves, the front part devoted to human-sized and smaller individuals, whilst the rear chamber is where the larger slaves are stored, in addition to any with semi-aquatic individuals. In the front room right now, there's a lanky, grey-skinned shapeshifter wearing a collar that traps it in its natural form, a tiny leprechaun, an androgynous half-demon elf, a hagraven, a pair of black-scaled kobolds and five faeries trapped in small cages upon the counter by the till. There may also be a normal-looking human woman.

In the rear part of the store, there's a pair of ogres, three female centaur and a male, a lanky, green-skinned troll and a blue-skinned cloud giant with a large beard. There's also a young dryad kept in a large enclosure including a potted tree.
    [GIRLS]

"How much for the two of them?"

[EXOTIC]

Geneviève wanders around the store for a short spell, looking over the 'merchandise'. Specifically, she's looking for any captives who might seem extra spirited or restless. The androgynous half-demon elf does capture her attention, however, but it's the human woman she asks about first. "This one seems out of place." She comments, to whoever seems to be working customer service at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

GIRLS

"Ordinarily, they would be [expensive]. As it's the New Year, everything is half-price, so that would be [half the prior amount]." It's a pretty serious amount of money; if it weren't for Lucretia, they'd probably be sticking around for a while. Nexus is always the best market for the really unusual.

EXOTIC

The storemaster is just as exotic as his wares, or possibly more so. A grey-skinned drow/orc hybrid, he has a mix of an elf's wiry lean physique and an orc's muscular bulk, with receding white hair. His eyes are orange, and two slender tusks jut from his lower jaw. "She's moon-touched. A lycanthrope. She'd fit in GIRLS, right enough, until the full moon's power enabled her to escape. Can't get out of that cage, though. Silver coated bars, they burn her if she touches them in her beast-shape."

The half-demon smirks when Genevieve looks at them, trying to look sexy so they get out of this shop. One of the female centaurs, the youngest at approximately sixteen, spends her time pacing her small enclosure. The troll snarls if Genevieve gets too close and slaps the bars to try and scare her. One of the faeries is buzzing around their bottle so fast they appear as little more than a metallic green blur, though rests every five minutes to reveal a slender, feminine form with six limbs and a beetle's elytra folded upon her back. The larger kobold will insult Genevieve in rapid, staccato Draconic if she glances in at them, but otherwise stays still and silent.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[GIRLS]

"Oh, for these two darlings? I'll pay, oh yes." Says Lucretia, a lascivious grin spreading across her face. To have such unique, such exotic specimens in her collection satisfied her gluttonous whims to no end. The added pleasure of breaking them would just be icing on the cake.

[EXOTIC]

((earl pls, stop giving me fun elf hybrids))

Geneviève nods at the explanation, seeming to instantly lose interest as she hears the true tale of the seemingly ordinary human woman. At some point she'd have liked to have studied one, see if she could trigger the transformation without needing a full moon, but at the moment the werewolf didn't serve her needs. The spirit of most of the other caged individuals is encouraging, though, and she gives the storemaster himself an appraising look, but she circles back to the cage with the half-demon in it, giving them an encouraging smile, while giving them a much closer look. Truth be told, she had little interest herself in such indulgences, but such canniness could be commended, and a pretty face would be a valuable asset.

<You have a name, sweet thing?> she asks, switching to her native Elven tongue. She prided herself on mastering the crude tongue of the humans, of course, finding the music in it that so many of its native speakers seemed to be unaware, but ultimately it was still like forcing a prima ballerina into a square dance. No, it would not do to restrict one's self forever into inadequacy. Not now.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-01-03 at 11:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

GIRLS

"Excellent, glad to hear it. Do you want collars or shackles to go with them?" As it's still winter (despite what Lucretia's boys are wearing), both girls will be draped in sufficient furs to keep them warm, at least until they reach home or Lucretia decides to have a closer look. Jasper lets them out of their cages one at a time. Once released, they reach out and clasp each other's hands, holding as tight as they can to their sister. They'd run, but they don't know anywhere to run to. They'd fight, but they have no training, and one has already felt Jasper's shock-prod; the scream was enough for both to learn. The only comfort they have is each other.

EXOTIC

((Recaiden went looking for unusual slaves, and as it's the same sale the ones not bought are still hanging around.))

"<Elithazelle, although I also like 'sweet thing'.>" The half-demon's voice is soft and slightly sibilant, with a trace of a demonic accent, making it somehow more exotic. It's also just as androgynous as her form, though the 'elle' ending is usually indicative of a female elf. They'll look Genevieve up and down, before winking.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[GIRLS]

Lucretia shakes her head at the offer, looking over the pair again as they're draped in furs. "I don't believe that will be necessary," she says, giving them another, predatory smile. "Will it?"

A fearful light starts to grow in her eyes as she leans towards them, a reflection of a slavering inferno that seemed to burn just behind skin that seemed now paper-thin, her face a waxy mask that seemed suddenly insufficient, stretched to tearing over... something... that lay just beyond sight, just behind. The greater part of her longed to reach out and touch them already, to have a taste of their flesh. The smaller part urged for patience. There will be time enough to indulge later, she promised. The gluttonous fire subsided. Instead she snaps her fingers, sending her male slave out while beckoning her bodyguard inside. "Pay this good man the amount he desires. We must go before I am late for Lord Han's brunch."

[EXOTIC]

<In this land and others I am known as Geneviève, but you may also call me Glaurel,> says Geneviève, smiling beneficently, though she doesn't respond to the wink yet. Promises given from cages are false promises. <I have an offer I wish to make of you, Elithazelle, though this dismal menagerie is hardly the setting for it. Will you walk with me a while?>

If anything in the store is capable of detecting magic, they'll certainly be sensing a reasonable amount of it now, as Geneviève similar feels out for the store's defenses, trying to see how well the cages are protected.

((if you could describe Elithazelle a bit more, it would be appreciated - hair, features, do they have horns?))

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

GIRLS

As Lucretia's face changes, the two girls whimper and cower back, and Jasper takes a few steps back, too, even though the performance isn't intended for him. Both girls desperately shake their heads, absolutely terrified of the monstrous lady standing before them.

Jasper breathes deeply to calm his own heartbeat, before turning to the bodyguard and repeating the price for the benefit of the lady holding the money.

EXOTIC

Elithazelle has dark red skin, small horns peeking from black hair and bright yellow eyes, with slit pupils. They're slender, even for an elf, and flat-chested. They wear a single strip of thin white cloth over their shoulders, one flap hangs in front and another behind. It reaches halfway down their thighs, prevented from flapping too much by delicate silver chains holding it closed at their sides, level with hips, lowest rib and armpit. Beneath, they wear a baggy loincloth.

<Release me from this cage, and I shall. Until then, however, I am prevented from moving far.> The cages have enough space in them for a simple bed for the inhabitant to sleep on, but they as small as they can be to fit as many cages into the building. There's a magical force-field that can snap into place over most of the obvious ways in and out, plus many less obvious ones, and there's a blanket enchantment preventing teleportation out of the building. The floor can be electrified, as well; the drorc wears boots with thick rubber soles to protect himself from that particular defence. The drorc himself is cloaked in a slight force field, and carries two magical wands; one of paralysis and one of pain.

25. - Top - End - #175

Default [Noble Estate]

I'd say it does. "In that case, when my last blood descendent dies, I'll have broken my magically-binding oath and my soul- the bit you're talking to now- will be dragged kicking and screaming into Hell. I did not foresee her mother's early passing, and hoped for more grandchildren." Or possibly the ghost is lying to try and protect her granddaughter's life, as necessitated by the terms of her Deal.

Stormwing doesn't manage to fight the magical domination, her desperation meaning she was focused on her body, not her mind. When she has control of her body back, she'll try desperately to get out- forcing the door, flapping at the window, anything that she can think of. If that doesn't work, she'll scream and plead, begging to be released and promising to behave- if only she's let out of the cage before the walls crush her.
    Which would mean she estimates Rahilda's captors care about not having the ghost banished to hell. Which is probably true, but still quite a risk to take if she is telling lies.
    "Merely curious. I wouldn't worry about that; her abilities are too useful to just kill off. I trust you'll help us in understanding them."

The door and barred window hold solid against Stormwing's attempts to batter and break them.
    After that she's left to shout and cry for several minutes before her jailer comes back and the door is unlatched.
    "We approve of your fury. You may be chained up outdoors instead, though it was perfectly safe here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Noble Estate

"I'll help her learn and grow, and if that helps you, we're all happy. She is my priority. Not you. Although I will admit it's nice to chat with somebody who isn't either family or dead." Grandmother hasn't even had those to talk to since Rahilda was captured by slavers.

"Not safe! Not safe! No sky, no wind! Not safe, not safe!" Is Stormwing's response, as she lets herself get led away and chained up outside, without fighting or resisting in anyway- except by shaking as the adrenaline wears off. She's outright eager to get outside, in fact. When she's chained up, however that occurs, she'll shift until she's comfortable and soon fall asleep. She knows now that as hateful as her captivity is, it could be worse.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Pursuing KABAL]

"More middle-class yolks. Great. Death seems preferable at this point." The car replies shortly before they start driving.

At first there is no obvious KABAL presence. Anyone in Skyside could technically be a goon considering that most citizens are armed in some way or the other. However, eventually they reach what seems to be some disturbance along the road to the lift station. There appear to be a huge argument between several car owners and people that are clearly a part of KABAL considering the clothes they're wearing.

It appears that they have started to make a blockade with the help of a truck that they simple have driven into the middle of the road and hit the breaks with. There are a couple of armed humans walking about, making sure that the other drivers aren't getting any ideas.
    One could technically drive in-between the buildings and the truck, but it would be a really tight fit, and there are armed people about, carrying a lot of heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Pursuing KABAL]

Electra knows a trap when she sees one. But with Anika in the car with them, it's going to be difficult for her to bring the heat she herself packs to bear. She could, perhaps, send Kirk and Anika on ahead and catch up with them. Hmmm. There's an idea, one to act on before they get too close to the checkpoint.

"Pull over, act like you're parking to drop your passenger off," she says to Kirk, unwinding Anika from herself, before looking to the snake. "Once I'm out, stay low. If you have any ranged weapons, now's the time to get them ready."
    [Pursuing KABAL]

"I take it you know what you're doing." Kirk says, though he doesn't really expect a reply. He'll give her the benefit of the doubt and pull over to let her out. "Try not to have too much fun without me."

28. - Top - End - #178

NinjaGuy

[Pursuing KABAL]

Electra smiles sweetly at him, a picture of innocence he knows isn't true, before getting out of the car.

"Too much is never enough," she says. "I'll try and get them out of here; try to stay clear until I've taken care of them if you can, this might get messy. I'll catch up with you later."

With that, she closes the door, leaving him alone with Anika. She takes a few steps towards an alley, and once she's out of street view, double jumps her way up onto the roof of a nearby building, using her EAS to help her climb. She needs to get a better idea of where the forces are so she can clear them without endangering the unarmed civilians, and this is the quickest way she can think of.

29. - Top - End - #179

[Fighting KABAL]

The snake quickly slithers out of the car as Electra opens the door and starts moving. Once it is outside, it suddenly turns back into Anika again, ducking underneath the car. "I can handle that." She says confidentially before getting into the car with Kirk, bit small for her at her nearly seven feet in height, but she doesn't seem to mind.
    "So... we're just waiting around, huh? Sure beats getting shot at." The druid remarks as she leans back in her seat with her hands behind her head. "But... you're an elf, right? Like me." She gestures at her ear, which at least is vaguely the same shape as Kirk's.

Electra can see that there are nearly a dozen people wearing KABAL colors at the stop, and they're all armed with heavy weaponry and are wearing light protective gear that modern police might. There are some that have a more peculiar details about them, such as strange tattoos and odd eye color, but there is nothing that really stands out as dangerous to her.

There is however what appears to be a goblin sniper hiding at a rooftop on the other side of the street. He hasn't noticed her as he is a floor below her, but all he would need to do is look up...

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

[Getting Out of Dodge]

Kirk raises an eyebrow at Anika and then chuckles. "Trust me, elves where you come from and elves where I come from are very different things." He doesn't clarify, though. Of course, now probably isn't a great time for a history lesson.