New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default D&D 3.5 Vehicle Campaign IC

The man, burly and a bit too large for his height is sitting at the desk before you all.
    Greetings, I have called you here to ask for a favor. My name is Jack Timberloof, and I want you to transport me and my... basket of apples to Grebrook without a scratch to neither me or my goods.
    Looking left and right as in the search of spies, he whispers
    I did not summon you here for but a mere bag of apple, because recently, I have acquired... this
    As he opens his clasped hands, he reveals what appears to be a Ring of Three Wishes
    I am to bring it to the King of Grebrook as a gift
    (Knowledge Nobility & Royalty for names )
    He then shouts, making his voice obvious to any onlooker
    AND I EXPECT NO HARM BE DONE TO ANY SUCH APPLE! I WILL CHARGE YOU 100 GP FOR EVERY SCRATCH!
    Resuming his normal voice, he says
    I have no interest in how we get there, all that I ask is that we arrive. As a wealthy exotic-apple trader myself, I can afford you a variety of carts of various sizes, I will go with whichever you choose
    He says as he slides several documents towards you

Spoiler: Document
    Show
    Ok so there are several so you each get a copy :)
    The document has the options of...

-4 Horses and a 2x4 cart
    -2 horses and a 2x6 cart
    -no horses and a 2x8 cart
    -no horses and a 3x6 cart
    -A 5x5 flying carpet and a 2x6 cart.

Jack Timberloof (your employer) will be in the passenger seat with the hired pilot (unless somebody else wants to pilot ) both of which don't count against your squares.
    EDIT: The horses are for riding and ride checks, your cart will move at the same speed regardless of which option you take.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2017-11-12 at 02:54 PM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: D&D 3.5 Vehicle Campaign IC

"I might suggest" the winged warforged starts, "that the four horse cart might be the best fortified and fastest." He flutters his large wings for a moment. "I will remain overhead to watch for bandits and, er... apple thieves."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

When Jacub heard Jack saying Apples he remembers when Fidibur once juggle with 6 apples at once. Jacub was so excited about it.

Jacks shout returned him into the now and then. He took the paper, studied it and then saw the fluttering wings. Hey, I can fly by myself, too!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shara glanced over the documents, absently tugging his fingerless gloves tighter across his palms. "I would never trust myself to a horse's or a carpet's destiny, so my opinion about those options perhaps matters least. That said, surely one of the larger carts would make it easier for us to keep these precious apples-- and yourself-- safe in the center? Perhaps the 2x6 or the 3x6? Mr. Timberloof, it does confuse me why you choose to travel in such an exposed position. Is that part of the wagon better-fortified or some such?"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Untrained K:Nobility: (1d20+1)[19]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I am fairly certain that traveling on a moving castle will attract unwanted attention, and after buying this produce I am left with little coin. Otherwise,
    we are somewhat hidden from outside view due to it being more than a table with wheels.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Travelling in a large thing would attract bigger things blah blah blah Tarrasque blah blah. You get 1/2 cover from the wagon.
    Show

Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Helena look at the contract and options for vehicle, going deep in thoughts.

"I have a mount myself, Ceros, and since we are...", she looks around, "Six? So maybe the two mount might be better for us, although I'll probably stay into the vehicle, not on mount".

Spoiler: Vehicle
    Show
    2 mounts and 2x6 cart seems nice.

Helena, being a healer, will stay with the most people, changing to mounted position if some rider need healing and buff, summoning Ceros as the need rises

"And dont worry, Jack. As long as you're close to me, you and your apples will be in good hands", the healer says, knitting a purple scarf while they talk business.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon revealing the ring, the two pale beings known as Dvati couldn't help but gawk at the fabled object. An inward debate quickly ensued between the two.
    {If we could get our hands on that thing that would solve our debt in a snap!}
    {Yeah but stealing it would probably be more trouble than its worth and its got no moving parts to mess with.}
    {No fun.} They both concluded.
    The twins glanced briefly at Helena as she mentioned the number of people. There had been many debates about whether they should be known as one or separate beings... not that they particularly cared about such trivial matters.
    "Bigger the better," Deus quipped.
    "And we hate riding."
    "But we won't stop you from doing so."
    "Yet if we're going to attract attention by flying, why not go all out with the magic carpet and the 2x6?"
    "Otherwise, two horses with the 2x6 cart," both stated.
    They both gave a mischievous grin at the other twin as they looked longingly at the Warforged. They didn't particularly care who their employer was but they did care how in the world something like that could move about... and they had no qualms about living up to their name as Gremlins.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

The fur-covered Elf steps forward and mutters to the collected group. "Those carpets have weight limits. It would be faster to just send the package there in a straight line, but it would have to fly close enough to the ground for the rest of us to keep up. I can fly, but only for a few minutes each day."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jacub saw the arguing twins and starts to laugh MUHAHAHAHAHA! You two guys are funny.
    Shortly after he was down to business and replied
    Even I can fly by myself, I find it important to stay near as possible at the guarded person. So I will stay at the vehicle, too. The size doesn't matter. He was all reasonable.
    And Jack, how much do you pay for our service?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    And Jack, how much do you pay for our service?
    I will pay you a large sum on gold, but... the situation that I am in demands that I cannot pay you until I get paid.
    10charsofjustice
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Inti perks up somewhat at their employer's words. "While I certainly understand the concept of 'payment upon completion', I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to be a bit more specific on the numbers."

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"So I guess the 10ftx30ft cart along with two mounts might be the best for this journey", Helena says after analyzing the document given to her, "That if everyone is okay with it".

She look at everyone hired by Jack, "I would also like to weave a small tapestry with your... souls", she says piercing her index finger with a silver pin and pulling a silver line, "It will allow me to heal everyone with less effort".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shara nodded at the choice of vehicle. "As long as there is room to sit. Though truthfully it sounds as if not many of us will be sitting during this trip. Who will be depending on the horses?"

Helena's other statement produced a more skeptical reaction. "Tapestry of... souls?" He gave a sound halfway between a grunt and a chuckle. "Assuming you are the one who finds mine, how does this work? Do they tear loose?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Inti perks up somewhat at their employer's words. "While I certainly understand the concept of 'payment upon completion', I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to be a bit more specific on the numbers."
    I am currently unaware of exact numbers, but at least 97,000 gold will be paid to me. The King of Grebrook is known for giving little amounts of payment for large sums of trade goods. Fear not, if he doesn't compensate, I have connections that could make it reasonable.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    You can roll a social skill if you want him to change his mind. DC 20
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2017-11-13 at 08:03 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You wish to weave with my soul.
    I'm afraid I must decline with respect. It is my with my soul that my abilities work at all. I cannot be parted from it,
    then you though."

"Otherwise, I am content to travel on."
    Böse steps outside and stretches his wings.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"A tapestry-," Du'Os began.
    "of souls?" Deus finished. Both quite bewildered.
    {If we were to allow them to do as they wish what would they find?}
    {Not sure but this should definitely be interesting.}
    Du'Os stepped forward.
    "Exactly how many would you be able to 'weave'? While we are curious as to how this is done, our bond is quite delicate and we dare not separate from each other."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think you'll need to expend 2 slots for the both of them. The psicrystal may or may not be involved.

"As for transportation," Deus interrupts, "we have agreed on the two horses so that others may ride. We'll sit in the cart. So far that's... three people who definitely want it."
    She couldn't help but grin, knowing full well that the both of them would provide a good number of votes since there were technically two of them. Though they might seem a bit discordant, the twins were in truth of one mind.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not exactly souls, more like life force. I'm a War Weaver, an arcanist capable of weaving together an eldritch tapestry which conect us so that whenever I cast a benevolent spell it enlarge my reach and allow me target all of us as a single entity", Helena says, "That said, it doesnt grant me any power nor control over any of you".

Turning to Du'os/Deus, "And I can weave up to five others, not counting myself nor Ceros".

Spoiler: Tapestry Explanation
    Show
    Harmless spells cast by me and of level x or lower (where x is my war weaver's class level - 1st) can be cast considering the whole tapestry a single creature (and thus affecting all in it).

That means that at this level, Helena can make everyone receive the benefits of any harmess 1st level spell (like Cure Light Wounds or Protection from Evil). The tapestry doesnt change the range of the spell (until I reach 5th level at least), so whenever she cast a touch spell she'll also affect those adjacents to her for free.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

(Taking ten for a 26 on Knowledge [Arcana] to know what Helena's talking about.)

A look of dawning comprehension appears on Inti's face as she steps toward the Weaver. "Ah, I've actually heard about this kind of thing. Indeed, 'soul' isn't really the right word." She turns to face the assembled group. "You have nothing to worry about from this. It's perfectly harmless."

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I guess it's a good thing being connected. What do I have to do? Jacub was happy to be with others after such a long time.

The big man inspected his new companions. MUHAHAHA! Look at us!
    What a strange bunch we are...
    His laughing was deep and honest.

Okay, friends he clapped his hands together let's deliver some apples

He took a step closer to Jack and said convincingly I would prefer some kind of deposit or a guarantee. Just in case, you know?
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2017-11-14 at 01:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    He took a step closer to Jack and said convincingly I would prefer some kind of deposit or a guarantee. Just in case, you know?
    Alright alright. If you really *need* assurance, here
    Jack says, pulling out a parchment, scribbling some words onto it
    ...this is a letter to Count Cheesemire assuring him to allow you access into Vault C12
    Jack rolls up the parchment, ties it with some string, and hands it to Jacub.

Alright, let's go then?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oops, I forgot, how DO you guys want to go there? I'm trying to railroad as little as possible, and if you don't like this guy, you could boot him off somewhere along the way . Map is pinned in the discord & first post.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2017-11-14 at 07:40 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh, kind of disappointing actually." Deus sighs.
    "Lot's of debate on whether or not we have one or two souls." Du'Os finishes.
    Regardless, they submit themselves to the interesting technique.

Afterwards, they rush outside to be the first to look at the mode of transportation, though it's just as likely they would take it apart as ride it.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Helena look at the map and begin to trace a few routes.

"Well, I see two routes we could use to reach Grebrook", she says drawing two lines, a red and a blue one, in the map.

"We can make this a land-only travel, going north towards Gastow and then Grebrook", she taps the red line, "Or we can travel northeast to Leford and from there hire a boat or caravel and sail the lake up to Grebrook, making stops at Boodale or Leham to restock, etc".

She look to everyone, "I would prefer going through the lake as there will be more cities to to stop, but I'm open to alternative routes as well".

Spoiler: Bard Knowledge
    Show
    Trying to recollect what she might have heard of the following locations and people:

Leford (1d20+4)[20]
    Boodale (1d20+4)[18]
    Leham (1d20+4)[16]
    Gastow (1d20+4)[6]
    Grebrook (1d20+4)[20]

The King of Grebrook (1d20+4)[19]
    The COunt Cheesemire (1d20+4)[7]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Ds nearly run straight into Böse as they dash outside. "Whoa there! With that rush I must assume you've either filtched something and are trying to escape, you got CAUGHT trying to filtch something and are trying to escape, ooor you've all made your choices and you're excited to see the cart we'll be taking."

He looks over the two bodies. "I'm choosing to credit you with that third option. What are we riding out in?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

As they begin to discuss plans, the twins rush back in, almost bowling Bose over once again.
    "Not ANYWHERE near Sirione. That's why we're here in the first place!" Du'Os cries out.
    The other twin is strangely silent, using the distraction provided to prod Bose's wings, even going so far as to pull out a crystal and putting it close to him as if to measure him somehow.
    They were known for curiosity and mischief, not for manners.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-11-14 at 11:05 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jacub took the paper thankfully and putted it in his backpack.

Let's take the blue one.
    There's something I have to do in Boodale.
    he said.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2017-11-15 at 02:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Not souls? Then what -are- you weaving? I must see this new thing." Shara sounded more hopeful than excited, but he did pay close attention during the sewing.

Afterwards, "Water travel has a more coherent set of outcomes, and it is harder to stop a ship in deep water than a cart on dry land. And most of us can fly carrying those who cannot, so the biggest risks are mitigated. And besides, apples float. Let us go that way, yes."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"It's easier to just show", she says and begin to draw silver lines from her hands and sewing them on those who accept it. As she pierce the others with her needle, no pain can be felt and the lines change color to a different one for each differnt character.

The whole process took ten minutes and once they're all entangled in colorful lines, she focus her mind and say something in celestial:

"Et corpus multorum spirituum", and the lines vanish in thin air.

Spoiler: Eldritch Tapestry
    Show
    She can weave herself plus 5 others:
    • Shara;
    • Deus & Du'os;
    • Jacub;
    • Böse;
    • Inti.

Jack will be out of the tapestry as he will benefit mostly form healing only, not buffs.

"So I guess it's settled: let sail the lake!", she says excited, "Just a few words of caution before: during my travels as field healer I've heard many stories and tales of those places. Although Leford is an okay place to do business, Boodale have several troubles with pirates while Leham is pretty much ruled by criminals and overlords. So once we reach the lake we better watch out for black flags and crossed bones".

She turns to Jack, "Also, I've never heard about this Count Cheesemire. Where he's from? And can we go to this Vault C12 before we start our long travel?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Böse swipes his wings back and, with a strong sweep and a leap, powers 20' into the sky. He calls back down to the twins, "I think I'll stay up here if you two don't mind."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    She turns to Jack, "Also, I've never heard about this Count Cheesemire. Where he's from? And can we go to this Vault C12 before we start our long travel?"
    He uhh... travels around like I do, last I heard he was in Heapool. Vault C12 is in Llanfill, but I'm not paying you until we get may part of the deal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you're riding along, you are making sure to keep an eye out for monsters, bandits, anything (I'm going to roll spot checks for everybody, DC 14 (Rolled 1d20-3 ;))
    Helena Bartelby (1d20+5)[15]
    Shara Zair (1d20-1)[4]
    Deus (1d20+9)[12]
    Du'os (1d20+9)[19]
    Jacub Lumber (1d20+7)[22]
    Böse Toten (1d20+17)[32]
    Inti Jervae (1d20-2)[1]

Spoiler: It was DC 14, info here
    Show
    You see a large, golden bird high up in the sky, knowledge Nature if you want. It appears to be getting larger and larger
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2017-11-15 at 07:54 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Inti continues walking along, whistling innocently.

Show