New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default [Question] Bloodline levels & Bloodline feats.

The bloodline feats presented in the dragon compendium specifically states that taking a bloodline feat gives you that bloodline and a specific set of extra arcane spells, the quote below is what I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Compendium
    Each of the base feats in this category (the ones with the word "bloodline" in their names) grants a character the bloodline of a particular kind of magical creature, plus a specific set of extra arcane spells known.
    To me it seems that the bloodline levels and bloodline feats are rules that really don't have anything to do with each other.
    So my question is, am I correct or do they really have something to do with each other game mechanic-wise?

So for instance you could take the Celestial Bloodline feat and take the bloodline(major): devil, without any rules conflicting with each other?
    Last edited by Incarnate; 2017-11-12 at 06:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Question] Bloodline levels & Bloodline feats.

They're not related to each other, so yeah, you can do that. Heck, even if they were related, having both celestials and fiends in your ancestry is somewhat plausible.
    Last edited by ATHATH; 2017-11-12 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [Question] Bloodline levels & Bloodline feats.

Quote Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
    They're not related to each other, so yeah, you can do that. Heck, even if they were related, having both celestials and fiends in your ancestry is somewhat plausible.
    It would make sense if they were, because Dragon Compendium basically states you do, could be the bloodline level rules just weren't updated, or that I had missed that part.
    Good to know, although I would say that by RAW it actually states you do get the bloodline, but because there isn't any rules that reference the bloodline levels, and that bloodline level rules don't have anything about the bloodline feats, then by RAW they are and yet they are not.

I agree, its completely plausible. ;)