New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Where Madness Dwells

Upon seeing the others enter one by one, the middle-aged Fire Elf gives up on "dressing for the occasion". After all, it wouldn't do to make the people he would apparently be working with think he was one of these blathering fools. He pockets the gems and wills his Vestments back into plain but well-made clothes; a dark blue jerkin and black pants. "None of that 'trappings of a mage' nonsense", as he's occasionally known to say it.

"Debatra Fallin, Arcanist of the Mind."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Astra would return to the room and stand against the wall he was not that comfortable in these type of situations it just was not for him. He would watch as other talk and speak and shook his head as he would prefer just getting a deal done and then start work that his contract details they want from them. He would look around smirk the group seemed different that was for sure.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The elderly noble smiles, "Good, now, we can get on with what's really going on. The local asylum, has fallen from it's once lofty position and while most don't openly speak of it one of our sons who was a tad loud about it has disappeared. I offer you 6,000 gold pieces, payment in jewels for his safe return, payment upon completion. Do note that secrecy is of the utmost importance, and as such don't be found out. Now, you can discuss between yourselves how you'll split this money, but that is between you. Please, feel free to discuss the job." He leans back in his chair, waiting.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

I look around "that's it? A mercenary job. Well I should probably arrest the this kidnappers and extra found wouldn't hurt. Still the letter made it out to be something a lot more worrisome"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Clarence looks down at his armor, Subtly is unfortunately not one of my strong suits.... I believe it would be better for those of us that are capable of such feats should begin the investigation and should it prove necessary the rest of us will arrive soon after. Simply having a large group of well armed outsiders arrive at the asylums front gate will lead to problems.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

Nina raises her hands.

Subtly is my one of my many, many strong suits. She replies with a grin on her face.

How was he loud with the asylum. She asks the old noble. Did he want it torn down? Did he want it to be expanded? How precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Kynlee frowns, this venture would not give her a stronger point to negotiate from after all. Still it was the right thing to do. 6,000 gold is miserly amount for a group our size. I feel payment for a mission dangerous enough to warrant people of our caliber to be at least 1000 each. Her objection spoken she focuses back onto important questions.

If we need a subtle group we may as well have our less subtle members go else where. Where was this person last seen, and how capable are they in a skirmish? Did they have guards? Who was it that was abducted and how well known are they in town? If we rescued them, could they make a donation to a charity of my choice? Kynlee considered what local charity would be worth helping.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

While your questions about the details of the disappearance are warranted my dear, turning to Kynlee, the pay for this service is unimportant considering the grave implications of the crime. Clarence turns to the rest of the group, Are there any other questions concerning the disappearance that anybody here feels needs to be asked?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

while others talk Astra would just sigh and look to the others "if ready let's go then before the preying escapes" he would say before once again leaning against the wall once more eger to start hunting down the prey that gives them some gold and maybe give them another task to do.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

"No, I'm afraid I'll have to agree with... What was your name again? Kynlee? At any rate, we should probably get the answers to what we already asked before piling on more questions."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

"definitely, answers to them are rather variable and will increase our chances"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The noble smiles at Clarence, "You won't necessarily have to sneak in right away, you'll have the chance to go there as a visitor, seeing one of the current inmates. A renown cleric such as yourself should be a nice addition, and reassure them that you are there for honest reasons, as long as you don't mind lying." He shifts towards Nina, "He was opposed to the take over by an assistant as he called it. He felt that the old one should be restored, and that there should be a full investigative team sent in." He looks to Kynlee as she objects at the price, "Fine, 1000 gold a piece, which seems more then fair. The lad is little more then a pretty face honestly, but he can heal fairly well. We do not think he had any guards with him at the time, and he is fairly well known." He pauses at the word charity, "It depends on who you'd fund with this charity of yours." He sets back, watching the party discuss.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

That is a much more reasonable price, you have hired my services. I thank you for the good that will flow from the coin. Kynlee pauses for a moment. I do have some one in the asylum I would like to see, but I am afraid he has been denied visitors supposedly at his request. We will need to find some one else to check on. Preferably some one who has been there a while and is not overly... insane. Any suggestions? She asks of the crowd at hand.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

14. - Top - End - #74

Perhaps the so called assistant had family or something that called for an assassination team? Darth Nina mused out loud.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The noble nods to Kynlee, "I can produce an order for you to see someone within." He flips through some papers, and nods again. "You will visit Alexia Draken, who is in for..." he smiles at the paper, shaking his head, "Paranoid fantasies, Good luck."

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"perhaps we should move up, a sooner we move out be better chance of catching up we have"

17. - Top - End - #77

Yes. Are we all ready to go? Darth Nina asks surveying the group.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Clarence ponders the proposition put forth. Lying is something i prefer to avoid whenever possible, but i can see where this is a situation where such things are warranted.

Turning to Nina but giving a scowl at Kynlee as he does so, I am ready to depart as soon as we have a battle plan so to speak as we will need a plan to avoid this turning into unnecessary battle.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The noble lifts an eyebrow as he looks at Clarence. "Well, don't do the talking if you don't want to lie." He gives a dry chuckle, "A battle plan? The idea was to avoid an all out brawl in the streets. Look on the bright side, it can't be too hard can it?" The noble's obviously not offering much more aide, although he watches them all with a small grin.

((Didn't realize you all were waiting on me, seemed you were talking in your group, my bad!))

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #80

So one group goes to the aslyum, and another tries to track down the man. Can anyone actually track? Nina asks starting to move out.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

sadly I cannot,
    maybe I could prepare a spell but not today

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Not I, as Clarence shakes his head, And if avoiding fighting was that easy i would probably be a baker instead of a wandering cleric.