New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Fox in Need

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Fox in Need

"Welcome to the Moxie."

One of the two toughs stubs out his cigar (an expensive import) on a passing Goliath, and leans forward, crinkling his cramped velvet tunic. "Entries free. Leave your weapons by the door and have a nice night." In the hallway you see the Goliath kneeling as a halfling too heavily muscled to wear anymore then a vest pats him down.

Past him you can see...

(Theme tune)
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-17 at 02:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Rhills hand drops to the hilt of her rapier and she looks pleadingly at the tough "Surely you don't even consider this a weapon, it's more of a decorative piece, I mean look at the intricate working on the hilt here..." she waffles on about the how it's more of an accessory than a real weapon

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Don't honestly expect him to let her in with a sword of any type, but just in case (1d20+5)[20] (charisma/persuade, -2 if persuade doesn't apply

Also she might at least give enough distraction for someone else to conceal a weapon, just saying...

3. - Top - End - #33

"Ah, a woman needs to look after herself with this lot." He taps, or rather engulfs, his nose.

4. - Top - End - #34

AssassinGuy

Here you are my good man. Kent hands him his Rapier. Surely my business will not take long, so please keep it handy for me when I return. If you would please, point me in the direction of a man called "The vig". I have a business proposition for him that I think he may be interested in.

Logain looks into the establishment, and plays a few strums of his Lute, and nudges Rhill to do the same.

Surely a fine establishment such as this could always use more entertainment to... distract the cliental.

Spoiler: Dice check
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+6)[10]

5. - Top - End - #35

"Do i look like your househelp, ditzie? The Vig is busy. Now, if we're talking a cut for your performance... you can give that directly to me. Say, 5 silvers by the end of the night? 7 today, just for appearances." He turns to Rhill, dropping the rapier. "No charge."
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-17 at 02:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

ooc

(Hands over stuff, keeps small knife)

"Take care of Mr.Squeekers"

Sleight of hand: (d20+3)[19]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Valerin shrugs, and starts taking his weapons out. A short bow, a short sword, and two daggers. As he hands them to the guard along with his backpack full of gear, he asks, "Can I get some sort of receipt or claim for these? While I trust in your capabilities, what if something were to come up and you were forced to abandon this post? Then some unscrupulous thief could make off with ill-gotten gains. Just a receipt for the weapons and backpack itself; no need to waste everyone's time going through the contents one by one, right?" Valerin looks to both guards and waits expectantly. While he does so, he tries to get a look past them into the main hall.

Spoiler: To See What He Could See
    Show
    [roll]1d20 [/roll] Perception roll...

8. - Top - End - #38

"What?"

The halfling's frisk leaves bruises, but he finds nothing.

Comprehension is beginning to smoulder in the heavy's eye's as he looks the remaining pair over. Squeekers scurries from the ground he was placed on into your pocket.

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

Valerin gazed up at the building, taking in the opulence...

(1d20)[12]

Show
    Dumb phone inserted a space...

10. - Top - End - #40

"One more word."

"I'll be keeping that sword." The rest is unceremoniously chucked into the corner the other gear has been neatly stowed, by it's owners.

"20 ****ing silvers, bard!"

He looks at Edwin threateningly.

Valerin sees dice tables before him, and 4 doorways. To the left you see card players, the right roulette and beyond a bar and - dancers. There's clearly room for more, judging by the size of the manor. The place is packed.
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-17 at 03:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

AssassinGuy

Kent takes out his lute and starts to play music as he enters trying to draw as much attention to himself as he can within reason.. His expierience has always been you get what you are looking for when people are entertained and willing to talk.

[Roll]1d20+6[roll] performanxe check

12. - Top - End - #42

(Fixing your performance check)

[roll]1d20+6[roll]

(Updated previous post with what Valerin perceives)
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-17 at 03:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

(For real this time)

(1d20+6)[7]

A few heads turn, and 2 coppers spin your way.
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-17 at 03:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

BardGuy

Valerin eyes the guard with a fiery look in his eye. "I am sure you will have fun guarding this fine collection. Enjoy your wonderful night. Before either can respond, he quickly strides into the lobby and makes his way to the back. "Let's see if they are willing to cause trouble amongst all the patrons" Valerin thinks to himself. His senses sharpen, listening for burly guards behind him.

Spoiler: Critical Misses
    Show
    So can I assume you don't do them on skill rolls? Because our dear bard just rolled a 1 :)
    Last edited by LnGrrrR; 2017-11-17 at 03:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Oh your such a sweetie." Rhill heads on in. Her voice drops low among the hubbub "So what's the plan, Fox seemed kind of sketchy on the details, I'd take a guess that our friend is either upstairs confined to one of the bedrooms, or maybe they have a dungeon below?"
    She smirks at Kent "Is he playing that way on purpose, I thought he was better than that?"

16. - Top - End - #46

BardGuy

Valerin walks over towards Rhill, saying, "Maybe you should show him how it's done? As for the plan, let's mingle for awhile. It wouldn't be good to rush in here asking all sorts of questions. I'll try to walk the grounds and look for anything suspicious. You mingle and find out what you can find. Let's meet back here in the main hall in... say... 30 minutes?"

17. - Top - End - #47

AssassinGuy

Logain, distracted with the noise, atmosphere and chaos looses focus for a moment and realized in his haste to leave the bar with his party, the strings of his lute are out of tune.

With a grimace, he slings the lute over his shoulder and begins inspecting the area.

Looking over the area for any women in the establishment that seem to work here and would be susceptible to his charms.

(1d20-1)[10]

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    logain will approach no matter what the roll is. His vanity will misread whatever he gets, good or bad, so long as the woman is attractive, and he thinks he can get information on their mission from her.

18. - Top - End - #48

Edwin takes his time and observes how the Goliath acts before interacting with this new being of intimidating stature. Ultimately he decides not to try anything weird. "Here you go." He enters after taking off everything, but his armor, money, and insignia proving his knighthood. After entering he walks around the building looking for some sort of off limits place while keeping an ally in sight at all times.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6]
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

19. - Top - End - #49

Edwin notices the stairs are guarded by two thugs and have no foot traffic.

Logain spots a dwarf woman overseeing the roulette table, and his smiling approach gains a amused nod as she keeps her eye on the table.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

ooc

(Heads off alone to listen and look for clues)

Spoiler: Perception Roll:
    Show
    (d20+1)[20]

21. - Top - End - #51

BardGuy

Valerin nonchalantly walks up to any doors that are unguarded, then subtly checks to see if they lead anywhere. "Surely one of these doors must lead somewhere to the other parts of the house," he thinks to himself. Maybe he will get lucky and overhear some gossip while he is wandering about trying doors...

22. - Top - End - #52

AssassinGuy

Logain smiles, and approaches the Dwarf woman. (If it was not for Fox he would not waste his time with someone with a little elf in ghere blood. It wouldn't be the first time he lowered his standards,for the greater good.)

He approaches, he says, hello there. You are a gem of the deepest mines,
    amongst the coal and rock patrons of this establishment.

(1d20+6)[22] persuasion charm roll.

After watching them play the game for awhile, he leans to her and says, I would be greatly in your debt and winks.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

ooc

(Thinks to self):

"There I some drinks to be had here..."

"...A drink would be nice...."

"I will look much more inconspicuous with a drink in my hand..."

"A stein of ale please!"

24. - Top - End - #54

Edwin stands a ways away to avoid this short woman's suspicion, and waits for a good opportunity to talk to Logain. In the meantime he extrapolates what male dwarves might look like.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

25. - Top - End - #55

Drake and Valerin weave past a huge circular pit where a raucous crowd gathers. 4 long tracks curve around a gnome's statue in the middle of the pit, looking up at the crowd with smug satisfaction. A troll stands by as a large, clinking sack is heaved onto a betting booth, and beside him a man with a fistful of silvers eagerly scatters his wager.

Drake takes the left, finding a shrieking mob urging on terrified pixies through elaborate wooden mazes, while Valerian discovers a second arena, contenders limbering up around a large ring on a raised podium. "PROVE YOUR METTLE! OOONE GOLD PIECE! NO MAGIC, NOOOO WEAPONS, JUST 2 FISTS AND YOUR OWN RAW BRUTALITY!"

Amidst the chaos, Drake is pressed up to the wall and lodges his nose in something. He extracts it from a thumb-sized slit and as he elbows his way free sees more evenly spaced along the walls. Squeezing into the bar, he's handed a frothing mug for 4 coppers.

Valerin escapes the throng, finding relative quiet in a corridor at the back of the manor. Stairs wind up from the bottom of the hallway, menacingly monitored; however just inside is a door which quietly turns out to be locked, well within the 2 guards line of sight. "Off-limits, mate."

"What do you need, handsome?"
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-19 at 10:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Once Valerin is near the two guards he should be within sight of Edwin since he was just there. He proceeds to get Valerin once he is told the area is off limits. Once they are both a fair distance away Edwin leans in to speak softly and not be drowned out by the crowd. "That should be the place, but one of the others should make a distraction."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    While seeing the guarded area for a second time while getting Valerin, what are the guards equipped with and is there anything significant in the area around them? I will roll perception in the OoC thread because I don't think I can roll in a post I'm editing.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2017-11-19 at 11:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ribblle View Post
    ...Drake is pressed up to the wall and lodges his nose in something. He extracts it from a thumb-sized slit and as he elbows his way free sees more evenly spaced along the walls....
    ooc

(Tries to get back to nearest comrade and whisper in their ear)
    "There's a wall with air holes in it. A cell?"

28. - Top - End - #58

Edwin gives the heavies a once over. Maces on their belts, crossbows on their backs... true, they're nothing special, but well equipped. Looks like leather armour's making those tunics bulge, as well as muscle.

Show
    That would be Logain, Drake
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-11-19 at 02:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

Vents you say, Logain whispers back. Interesting indeed. If I make a distraction, will you be able to check it out, or would you like me to join you?

Spoiler: DM Question
    Show
    How am I faring with the Dwarf with my persuasion/charm roll? I am hoping to get information out of her about the layout, and where the Vig would be. I rolled well (see above), so I am hesitant to move off with Drake until I know how it is progressing.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Rhill considers her options carefully. It seems the end goal is to get at least one of their members into the house away from the... festivities.
    She wonders around as she considers her options, despite what is said of elven ears hers never tended to pick up anything out of the ordinary, but she listens in on what she can anyway. She also tries to place anyone who seems to be a power figure at the party... Perhaps she could just charm someone to take her upstairs?

Show

(1d20-2)[3] (+2 if Insight can be involved?)