Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,249 of 1249
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super II: Orange Hillbilly Dooms World... Again.

I will admit I was disappointed by the lack of being able to fuse SSJB Goku with SSJ4 Goku in Fusions.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I will admit I was disappointed by the lack of being able to fuse SSJB Goku with SSJ4 Goku in Fusions.
    That's not an option? Why even bother making the game, if they weren't gonna let you make a Super Saiyan 4 Blue fusion? It's like these people don't even want our money.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thinking back to GT, I can say I was never a fan of SSJ4 design... But you know... At least it was more creative than "Goku with a new hair color". I really wish Toriyama were a little more creative with his transformation design...
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Thinking back to GT, I can say I was never a fan of SSJ4 design... But you know... At least it was more creative than "Goku with a new hair color". I really wish Toriyama were a little more creative with his transformation design...
    Dragonball Super isn't exactly about going in a new direction for the series. GT tried that and failed.

Super is clearly taking the heart of Z's joy of fighting with increasingly greater power and stakes while removing a lot of Z's obsession with moving on and dynamically evolving each of the character. Goku is no longer looking to pass the torch, Vegeta is no longer conflicted about who he is, even the kids aren't growing up, evolving, and displaying shifting personalities.

Super everyone knows who they are, what they are about, and what they would like to do. They are happy to tell stories about how the great Goku keeps getting stronger and increasing the stakes even if they have to introduce new orders of gods and universes to make that credible.

They do it beautifully, but don't expect this series to be anything but that. Goku with blue hair is perfect for a series that is all about celebrating both nostalgia (pretty explicitly if you hear the opening music) and repeating the core formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

5. - Top - End - #1235

SwashbucklerGuy

I never said DBS isn't a lazy cash-in on nostalgia... I just mentioned I wished transformations were more interesting.

Then again, if I really had to make a change to the DB franchise, it'd be making the supporting cast far more relevant than they are. Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Tien... Even Yamcha!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-01-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Incidentally, while I can't confirm, I've read that the super Anime's coming back: First new arc will be an adaption of Broly movie(On one hand, I hope they take the critisism of the BoG and RF adaptions to heart. on the other... The possibility of SSGSSEKKx10 Gogeta) and the Arc after that will be the arc that the Super Manga is doing currently.

While I have no exact confirmation, the fact that theManga is continuing past the Tournament of power tells me that the anime will be back eventually soeven if the thing I read is wrong.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Incidentally, while I can't confirm, I've read that the super Anime's coming back: First new arc will be an adaption of Broly movie(On one hand, I hope they take the critisism of the BoG and RF adaptions to heart. on the other... The possibility of SSGSSEKKx10 Gogeta) and the Arc after that will be the arc that the Super Manga is doing currently.

While I have no exact confirmation, the fact that theManga is continuing past the Tournament of power tells me that the anime will be back eventually soeven if the thing I read is wrong.
    I wasn't even aware that the manga was still going on, that's pretty awesome to see, thanks for the heads-up on that one, consuming all post ToP material right now ^^.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

Sooo, DBS can be super inconsistent at times. How in the hell does Goku and Vegeta get taken out by a stun gun of all things? I mean..seriously, they take galaxy destroying attacks head-on, but a simple stun gun knocks them out? Seriously? Rawr. And if I'm not mistaken, I seem to recall an incident with Goku after the future trunks arc where Goku gets nicked by a bullet. One of the few things that has really irritated me with DBS. You can't have your characters regularly tanking planet to galaxy destroying attacks, and then turn around and an arc later have them hurt or even entirely incapacitated by something so mundane as a bullet or stun gun.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

It's not as inconsistent as you'd think.

Remember: Ki users are not superhumanly tough(except the aliens and Artificial Humans, and even then not that much. Shrugging off a low calibur handgunbulletis the most we've ever seen from somoene who wasn't activly using Ki orit's equivelent.) They're using their Ki to reinforcetheir bodies.

It's the same reason why Goku could get taken out by a Laser Gun--if he isn't properly on guard, he's not using his ki to defend himself.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the same reason why Goku could get taken out by a Laser Gun--if he isn't properly on guard, he's not using his ki to defend himself.
    Taken out by a laser gun from a civilization that mass-produces FTL ships that are the same size as the pilot and seemingly never need to refuel meaning they can compress insane amounts of energy in pretty small spaces.

Also Goku always needs to dodge simple swords even when on guard, I can't really recall any instance when somebody swings a blade at him and the weapon just bounces off/breaks.

So more like bullets in DBverse get the nerfbat like usual in most shonen series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

11. - Top - End - #1241

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Also Goku always needs to dodge simple swords even when on guard, I can't really recall any instance when somebody swings a blade at him and the weapon just bounces off/breaks.
    Ahem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Bp0Ca9iBc

BTW, it's not so much that they have to be on guard, as much as ki users are seemingly capable of choosing how strong/fast/durable they are in their "off time". There are scenes of sleeping characters blocking powerful attacks... And nonsensical **** like Goku getting pierced by a laser or Krillin being hurt by a bullet.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-01-11 at 11:04 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Goku's hands are strong enough from training to rip through steel, of course they can block a sword, but the rest of his body's not nearly as tough, case in point...

BTW, it's not so much that they have to be on guard, as much as ki users are seemingly capable of choosing how strong/fast/durable they are in their "off time". There are scenes of sleeping characters blocking powerful attacks... And nonsensical **** like Goku getting pierced by a laser or Krillin being hurt by a bullet.
    ...Krillin makes super sayan Goku cry with the true ultimate human weapon, thrown rocks to the face!

Shame Krillin decided to seal this forbidden technique and never ever use it again. I would totally pay to see a DB reboot where Krillin makes all the big villains cry by throwing rocks at them.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-01-11 at 11:33 PM.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

13. - Top - End - #1243

SwashbucklerGuy

...Krillin makes super sayan Goku cry with the true ultimate human weapon, thrown rocks to the face!

Shame Krillin decided to seal this forbidden technique and never ever use it again. I would totally pay to see a DB reboot where Krillin makes all the big villains cry by throwing rocks at them.
    Krillin is OP! He killed Cell with a single attack!

And remember that back in original DB, Bulma and Launch used to wake up Goku and the gang with bullets! And they were startled and annoyed, but otherwise completely fine.
    Homebrew Stuff:

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

And remember that back in original DB, Bulma and Launch used to wake up Goku and the gang with bullets! And they were startled and annoyed, but otherwise completely fine.
    Toryamma changed the rules all the time. Maybe he thought that them being bullett proof all the time was boring, it seems now that the krillin rock and resserrction f laser is how it works now. And thats more exciting to me for s series that says its about martial arts

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Again, the simplest explanation is that bullets are nerfed to hell in DBverse like in most action media. Luffy shruggs off bullets just fine but swords and plain punches are a threat to him. Swordmasters of all kinds deflect/cut bullets during their sleep but struggle against other people with swords and unarmed warriors. In Final Fantasy VII guns are literally the weakest weapons by damage numbers. In Super Smash Brothers Snake doesn't even bother bringing bullet based guns, he goes straight from unarmed combat to rockets, mortars and grenades! In Xenoblade Chronicles gun damage was so nerfed that it suffered an underflow error and your party's gunner bullets are better at healing others than actually hurting them!
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-01-12 at 06:01 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

well making truffle race cannon means basically kinda nothing but the new truffle twins gave me a funny idea where one little mad scientist kidnaped wrong twins and turned them to android then release them to the public. as for brolly getting tamed by decent fight the real question I like to know is is freza knows his most berserk warrior still under his payroll or the resent coming back from dead make him decide to wash his hand from anything happening with Saiyans. ow know I get it we are kinda gonna have small baby saga in side anime then thanks to the second season of super legitimizing the prison planet and brolly arcs we have a unique situation as super saiyan 4 and god forms gonna be increasing at the long run. as for old frenemies returning thanks to fu we have third reason to get our big bads to return and for all in all pilaf gang kinda defuse them selfs thanks to mai leaving them on the long run thus GT or NXT we are sailing to new horizons on the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

17. - Top - End - #1247

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Toryamma changed the rules all the time. Maybe he thought that them being bullett proof all the time was boring, it seems now that the krillin rock and resserrction f laser is how it works now. And thats more exciting to me for s series that says its about martial arts
    DBZ has always been susceptible to Rule of Funny... I guess Rule of Drama also applies now.
    Homebrew Stuff:

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

Goku's hands are strong enough from training to rip through steel, of course they can block a sword, but the rest of his body's not nearly as tough, case in point...

Its repeated plenty of times that Goku can be hurt by ordinary stuff (including bullets in one DBS episode) when he's not on guard. The explanation for why a bullet stung him was that he "was slacking off in training." A similar thing happened to Krillin in filler.

I'm not sure if its about Ki control or also about posture, readiness, and trained body toughness. Its been pointed out Satan, a non-Ki user, is superhumanly strong.

Also this talk about Ki as if its separate from physical training is misleading. If you really are about eastern martial arts philosophy, everything is Ki, so everyone is using Ki all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

19. - Top - End - #1249

That one seems to be a bit of a change from at least the pre-Saiyan stories, probably before. In the early days, when Dragon Ball was more of a retelling of Journey to the West, Goku and others were just naturally tough. Once the story was more focused on the martial arts, especially once ki powers became the norm, their physical resistance became directly tied to how much energy they were employing (that's how Goku's Kaioken x20 Kamehameha hurt Freeza when he was only using half his power), and being caught off-guard had a huge impact on it (that's why cyborg Tao Pai Pai's sneak attack with his hidden blade actually hurt Tien, when Goku was able to parry Trunks' sword with a finger; or why Piccolo could kick Freeza dozens of meters away when he was already in his final form).

Off the top of my head, the only post-Saiyan instance of characters displaying natural super-hardiness was in a comedic scene where Bulma fires at Krillin and Roshi for sleeping while she spent the night slaving away.

ETA: Plus, let's be honest, Toriyama is inconsistent as heck. For better or worse, he cares about telling a story, not continuity.
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2019-01-14 at 07:04 AM.