New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Thread Necromancy - Worldbuilding

Hey there, just checking:

I'd like to resurrect my thread (Far Reaches) in Worldbuilding section. It's past the 45 days (if I count correctly), but if the same rules as for Homebrew apply, it shouldn't be an issue.

Sooooo... may I?
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Thread Necromancy - Worldbuilding

Generally you'll want to PM one of the moderators for that section (listed along the bottom of the subforum.)

Speaking personally, I see little difference functionally between worldbuilding and homebrew, but it's not my call.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Sorted. Go to town.

As Psyren said, though, PM one of the area mods for things like this, and we'll push it up. And, so far as I'm concerned, World-Building is a sub-forum of Homebrew, so the same rule applies.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2017-11-16 at 01:21 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.