New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default AMEN XLIX: Is there anyone?

Important Current Events as of Nov 17th, 2017:

NOTHING! (Searching Members)
    OOC: Rework of this Post.

Ask in the OoC thread if you need any assistance or simply have a question.

By Gulaghar

A BRIEF HISTORY by the esteemed Lord Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the darkest pits of despair there lived a fearsome being, one made of pure malevolence, hatred, and madness. He had an equally dark and loathsome plan for our world, the formation of an organization to be known as Evil Incorporated, destined to spread his unhallowed name throughout the world, so that all might come to know and fear the one named Psyke_D.

Fortunately for the rest of us, there's already a webcomic called Evil Inc. When this was pointed out by yours truly, the members of this fledgling new organization went into a frenzy. What good could an evil organization be without a suitably original, stylish, and menacing name? All sorts of suggestions were produced, everything from Vilecom (painfully bland) to Fullbladder's Fabulous Funky Foursome (Totally incorrect, as there was at least six of us by then).

Finally, someone (and by someone I mean me) offered a suggestion even better than Evil Inc, the "Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious". Everyone immediately realized that this was by far the best name they'd ever heard of, and after a chorus of "AMEN, brother"s and nibbling on some pixies, the Association had officially begun.

Years went by after that. In-jokes were formed, members came and went, and dictators were ousted and replaced with new dictators more swiftly than Central America during the Cold War on steroids. It was a glorious time, full of wars with EVIL, The Town, France, and HALO. (All ending in AMEN victories, aside from the last one, which was more of a cease-fire stalemate thingy)

Lives were lost, promptly restored, and then lost again. Love blossomed between various Associates, dark feuds between others, and every manner of nonsense imaginable, but that chaotic energy, that "Burn it all and let the gods sort it out" attitude always came before anything else.

Sadly, these days were destined to end eventually. AMEN just couldn't keep up with HALO, GLoG, and the rest of the world, and xenophobically shut its doors upon the rest of the world. A Dark Age ensued, full of newbs posting inane nonsense and old members complaining about the newbs instead of trying to better their situation, until eventually, not even the newbs were posting anymore.

Then came hope. Most called him crazy (and they were right), others called him ridiculously optimistic, and some say he's a big smelly dragon who doesn't bathe anywhere near as much as he should (Or maybe only I say that), but everyone else called him Gordon, the new leader of AMEN. Realizing that this xenophobic age had to end, he led AMEN out of the darkness, and brought about a new age of darkness, gave us a world where AMEN is once again a serious threat. For that, we owe him our thanks. I'm still gonna stab him in the back the first chance I get, though.

Or well, we owed him our thanks. He's sorta dead now, I think. Me and Ilpholin recently usurped the hell out of him with an awesome arena deathmatch thing, and now his smelly corpse has been exiled and stuff. She's in charge and I'm second-in-command, because responsibility smells. Weee, change!

(written Mar 5, 2012)
    Spoiler: Prev Threads
    Show

THE BUILDING (Will be reworked)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don’t want to know. The greatest minds of our time have studied AMEN’s base, only to be driven MAD by the labyrinthine, ever shifting corridors and reality-defying chambers. The base itself is sentient, and doesn’t really take kindly to smartasses trying to map it. That being said, as long as you don’t try too hard to make sense of the base, it’s not difficult to find, say, an empty bunk, the common room, the can, the lab, et cetera. Of course, there’s much more to the base than that, but I can’t tell you about it. 1) Because it would crush your little mind, and 2) because I don’t wanna.

AMEN's main base is on the valcano. It also has a separate (but unused, due to overgrowth by man-eating plants!) Atlantis Base. I'm sure they have separate bases all over the universes, as well, but...it's hard to count them all. More than three, that's for sure.

Security Room
    Access here is limited by handprint scanner and numerical keypad. It is very much wrecked and being rebuilt by henchmen as we speak. No, it wasn't destroyed by any outside groups.

Front Lawn
    Mister Squiggles (who has since betrayed AMEN) planted various mechanical devices here, buried underground.

MEMBERSHIP FORM (Will be reworked)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Reason for joining AMEN:
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:
    References (Victims preferred):
    Past Experience:
    Other Information:

(last updated May 20, 2014)

LIST OF MEMBERS (Will be reworked)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you notice something incorrect, tell me so I can fix it. If you want me to add someone to this list, tell me so I can add them. I can't update this unless you tell me.

Character Player IC Status
    Zefir Zefir Leader

o = new member in the process of filling out forms, background checks, etc
    missing = seen elsewhere in the Nexus, but not in AMEN, since the revolution, or otherwise known IC to be missing
    blank = character in deadtime

Characters who left AMEN
    Character Reason
    Becky Personal Reasons
    Captain Clegg Kicked Out
    Lord Magtok Reasons that are beyond your Pay Grade
    Ilpholin Betraying Reasons
    Cin Revoked Reasons
    Darcy Revoked Reasons
    Enshadu Denied Reasons
    Gordon MIA
    Lady Isabelle Hunt Revoked Reasons
    Shayan Vermoss Revoked Reasons
    Harley Zorzo Failure in leadership
    The Candypire Aurel Adal Gregori Former leader
    - -
    Seven Sins All Denied
    Algian Andrellux Baronux Damian Einjelstein Julianette Zediniah

(Last complete update June 6, 2012
    Partial update May 20, 2014)

ASSOCIATES (Restricted Access)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character Player
    Huevo Portero D_Lord

OoC NOTES & RULES
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of variety, these rules will be listed in the form of Russian reversals. Wanna know why? Because I WAS BORED.

In Soviet Russia, AMEN base doesn’t destroy YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, godmodding aren’t allowed to YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, spam doesn’t post YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, t3h s3cks drop curtains on YOU!!

HOW TO JOIN (Will be reworked)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "One of the first things that are to change is a revamping of the membership process. No longer are they to be blood pacts. The forms will be standard and require a fair bit more than just a name."

"Furthermore, just signing them does not guarantee a place in AMEN. After that there will be a background check, followed by an interview with me. Then, if it feels like their goals and such line up with AMEN's, that's when they get in." It's a process designed to know your co-workers better!

"That said, old members will have to go through a similar process to retain their membership. A form filled out and an interview. However, unlike incoming members, acceptance is not contingent upon a decision, but rather simple completion. So former members are in no real jeopardy of losing their place here." So long as they actually do turn in the form and talk to Ilph. No more strangers and non-members loitering around. That's just outright silly in so many ways!

Link (updated Mar 5, 2012)

(Note: Once leadership is decided again, this may change.)

ABOUT HENCHMEN
    Spoiler
    Show
    NPC Henchmen for the most part can be godmodded, however, the named henchmen are reserved for ThePhantom to control.

Standard henchmen attack uniform. by MethosH, from the Nexus webcomic.

NPC Henchmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are 147 npc henchman, each with a css color designation such as DarkRed, LimeGreen, and Cyan. Pink is the only henchwoman and seems to be the supervisor over the rest, though she still ranks below the named henchmen. Nobody but Gordon really knows what made them take the job at AMEN, but it must have been good.

The following henchman have died in a more or less permanent way, leaving 125 henchmen remaining. RIP loyal soldiers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pink, Yellow, Mauve, Lime, Azure, Beige, Bisque, BlanchedAlmond, Cornsilk, FloralWhite, GhostWhite, HoneyDew, Ivory, LavenderBlush, LemonChiffon, LightCyan, LightGoldenRodYellow, LightYellow, Wheat, LemonChiffon, PaleGreen, PaleTurquoise, DarkSlateGray

Named Henchmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rogar: Head Henchman, manages the henchmen. Fights with electrostaff. Kicked out
    Sweetums: Head Ogre Usher, most powerful fighter of henchmen. Makes the very nice fudge. Trainer
    Pete: Henchman of Naval business. Insane, thinks he's a pirate, always talks like one. Kicked out
    Mr E: Spymaster of henchmen. No telling what he looks like.

(updated Mar 8, 2012)
    Last edited by Zefir; 2017-11-20 at 06:34 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: AMEN XLIX: Is there anyone?

[Main Room]

Zefir comes out of his office and steps into the mainroom. Other then most times he got near no weapons on him and wears a suit instead of the normal Jeans and shirt combination.
    He looks around, right now only the normal henchman walk up and down the room, doing preparations and whatever daily work they got. He shakes his head since near non of the members had been around. El Curvo migth be drawing in another room now, but he got no clue who else is around. He then steps over to the Sofa, watching te closed doors of the entrance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Entrance]

Omiko, formerly Dread Pirate captain of the Vasa and the Wind of Teeth before her, before that Elder of the Selyn, before that Archaeologist-at-Arms 3rd Class of the SPS Architect Sparrow, recently seen in Trog's Tavern and derided by Zefir as a 'zoo person', is making her way up the slopes of the volcano towards AMEN's base.

Also Dot is there. Dot is imaginary, don't pay it any attention.

Is there a door? There's probably a door. The spirit-infested cyborg catgirl pirate lifts her mechanical claw-arm and knocks. "Hello! Open up! I'm gonna join your organization."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4

[Entrance]

She got 12 different races in her if you see it like that.^^

There is a door, a big doubledoor that opens right away as she knocks. behind, in a small distance away, is Zefir.
    "Then do you know who I am?"

5. - Top - End - #5

Default [Entrance]

"You're the mysterious newest leader of AMEN." Omiko says, strolling in through the ominous double-door.
    "I didn't expect you'd be coming to answer the door yourself."
    "So, what's a girl gotta do to join these days?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6

[Entrance]

"Coincidence." he just replies. "I was here and the screens told me only you were outside."
    He then smiles. "The same as a boy. Here, fill that out"
    He hands her over a membership form.

7. - Top - End - #7

"A lucky coincidence, then."
    Omiko takes the form in both normal hands, leaving the robot arm to scratch out the answers (generally an abridged version of that on her character sheet).

Quote Originally Posted by Membership Application
    Name: Omiko
    Sex: Female, although with all the aliens in the Nexus I imagine this field is kinda useless?
    Species: Selyn (lynx-people)
    Profession: Entrepeneur, formerly Pirate, Summoner, Archaeologist.
    Reason for joining AMEN: It should be fun. Never been a supervillain before.
    Skills/resources to contribute to AMEN: Skills in healing, basic codesmithing, thaumaturgical engineering, extortion, naval combat. Production of crystals and living armor.
    Noah (Minion)
    Clara (Kidnapped)
    Dian Line (Fellow pirate)
    Belvedere Sa Omiko (Killed)
    The Archdevil of the Sparrow (Killed)
    Doorway Ship O'er Radiant Kestrel and crew thereof (Destroyed)
    Guardians of Vasa (Killed)
    A whole list of less important NPCs harassed during her stints as a pirate follow.
    Past Experience:
    1 half-gigasecond term of service as an Archaeologist, reactivating dangerous ancient technology. That's how I lost my first eye!
    Several hundred megaseconds of experience as a Space Pirate.
    Over 12 gigaseconds of fighting demons, building societies, etc. when our ship ended up literally in hell.
    Various antics in the Nexus too varied and bizarre to list here.
    Other Information:
    "What sort of 'Other Information' are you looking for? Otherwise, it's done."
    And she'll hand the form back to Zefir.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

[To the office]

"That is something to rework." Zefir says.
    "Add in additional informations like any allies you have, or goals you aim for or anythign you assume could be usefull for AMEN if you become a member."

9. - Top - End - #9

Following along to the office, Omiko shakes her head.
    "I think it's best to consider me to have no goals and no allies."
    "As for the first, I'm still figuring them out. Got all the time in the world, right?"
    "As for allies, maybe the other Elders would help me out, but I wouldn't count on it. And there might be parts of my Line I could call up, but, uh, we're not on great terms."
    It's lonely being independent, sometimes. "Anyway, that's what you guys in AMEN are for."
    And who knows what's happened to Noah and the rest of the pirate crew.

"Just the form? No tests or anything?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10

[Office]

Zefir takes a seat behind the desk and others Omiko the other one in front.

"It's a give and take." Zefir says. "And what tests? Testing if you are Evil? Or testing your skills? If you want to join here, you must be sure that people hate you. If you can't stand that you should rethink it.

The only thing we do is talking. Tell me are there any enemies around in the Nexus?"

11. - Top - End - #11

Default [Office]

Omiko does a little spin as she sits down in the chair.
    "Exactly. I mean, I know that I can do whatever it takes, and that my skills are up-and-up, but you only have my word for it. Good to hear though. Magnanimous. Equal opportunity evil."
    "Being hated? Sure thing. I mean, I was a rebel hated by two thirds-a the universe, dropped my family like a hot potato, and kill people to take their stuff. Public opinion is not on my sensors."

Her tail swishes around, examining the room. Hopefully it's an open-backed chair to allow such things, or she'll have to be sitting sideways, half-laying down.
    "Enemies? Sure. We know Doorway Folk have been to the Nexus before, although we juiced the most recent ship pretty well. There's definitely parts of my family sore about my cutting them loose. Even though the higher-ups and me have an understanding, I think there's gonna be a good twenty years I still have to worry about relatives showing up looking for me with chips on their shoulders. Most of all, I expect Hell is kinda upset about that stunt we pulled. Kill a devil, they're only banished from realspace for thirty-one point six-two megs. Maybe E2 that if you do it right. But it's been way longer than that, so the odds of the forces of darkness showing up looking to get even are pretty good."
    "I know, right? We're supposed to be the forces of darkness, but there's evil and then there's Evil. Nothing says they have to get along."
    She makes the capital letter easy to hear.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12

Default Re: [Office]

"To be clear. As a mamber of AMEN the chances are high you need to fight and since we can't be anywhere you need to defend yourself until we can do something." Zefir says.

"Sure, I have experienced it myself. Evil people don#t get alsong to well if you don't throw in some good to be mad at. What kind of thing are those forces of darkness?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Default [Office]

"Oh, believe me, I have no problem fighting. I can show you, if you like." Omiko offers with a grin.

As for the last question, she shrugs her mechanical arm. "You know, spirits. Living energy patterns. Spooks, demons. All sorts of types, from humans with horns and spade tails to murderous circus tents to the feeling that you've lost something important but can't remember what to shapechanging asteroids that eat ships. I'm not sure I believe half the things I hear about them, but a few I've seen with my own eyes."

"Now let's turn it around. What can AMEN do for me?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14

[Office]
    ((Sorry, thougth I did send it))
    Zefir holds up the hand.
    "I'm not testing you for that. There aren't any options to test things out anyway." Henchman are loyal but less then usefull against PC. And Zefir is a human, most other Nexus chars have overhuman abilities he can't compare in a nonleathel fight.

He obviously ignores Omiko's question as he goes on.

"What is your primary goal here? Wealth, fame or men? For Example."

15. - Top - End - #15

Default [Office]

Quite right. Maybe one he collects more members he can have them fight each other.
    "Primary goal, hmm. Can I pick 'all of the above'? Seriously though, not really. Rapacious pursuit of wealth is wearing a little thin already, that's why I'm here. I wanna have fun, and I guess, make my name. An Elder was quite something, but even that was too much company."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16

[Office]

Thought having them fight mostly results in hating each other one way or another. Villians shouldn't fight against each other in any case.

"It's fine, but phrase them in your words." Zefir says. "What Elder do you mean?" ((maybe i just don't get it.))
    "And how do you feel about taking orders? Currently we got less member, but I plan a command structure. For example someone will make these talkings for me or when I'm not available."

17. - Top - End - #17

Default [Office]

Villains gotta fight! How else would you prove who's the most evil and powerful?

"Elder? It's what I am. A sort of unusual cultivar of our...species.? Sub-species."
    "In my own words? That's no good. Other people have taken all the best words already."
    "I want to become stronger."

For just a moment there, she seems completely serious. Then, in response to Zefir's last question, Omiko rolls her eye.
    "Yeah, I can take orders. I wasn't always a pirate captain, you know. Although if there aren't many members right now, I expect to be highly placed in the organization. I can't slack off just because I'm not in charge."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-12-01 at 10:42 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18

[Office]

"Ranks are decided by efficiency."
    Zefir says.
    "Do you have any questions so far?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Default [Office]

"So I will end up highly placed. Perfect." Efficiency. Hah. These primitives in the Nexus barely understand the concept.
    Omiko grins.
    "Questions: what's next for AMEN? What are you guys aiming for? And what does it do for its members?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20

[Office]

Zefir sights. "We will see." he says. Efficiency is something only a hand full of people can manage and he is not sure she understood what he meant. Loyality will be part of it, too.

"We got many steps ahead. Ruling the Nexus would be the end, but right now we aim for getting part of things again. AMEN needs to be in the mouth of people again and not in the 'do they still exist'-way."
    Zefir says, shouting out the current plans can wait.
    "This base in Gernal. Even without members this base prooves to be a save heaven. Henchman can assist you with equipment and manpower, thanks to some events the cloning tanks work again."

21. - Top - End - #21

Default [Office]

"Yes, time will tell."
    Omiko leans back in the chair, looking perfectly at ease.
    Who can say about Loyalty? If we look at the history of AMEN, what would it be without people constantly backstabbing each other and usurping leadership?
    "Manpower, minions? You know, it's true what they say; if you want something done right, you should just do it yourself. Still, I guess I could do with a place to work from bigger than the sub. Alright, I'm sold. What's first on the path to world domination? Who are our most important enemies?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22

[Office]

I would like to have AMEN be build again befor brawling for lead.

"Then Welcome." Zefir says.
    "There are a few things to do. First of we need more resourcces. Sure we got some, but we need more for big events comming. So robbing banks or something like that would be a way.
    I will try contect our Ally in Skyside. maybe they got Work to do as well."

23. - Top - End - #23

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

He's been here before. The volcano is familiar, though he didn't get to see it last time, instead choosing to pass through, but the life force he followed here and watched go inside is too interesting to pass up this time. The armored humanoid known as Zenon knocks on the door this time, curious to see what he missed the last time he was here.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

24. - Top - End - #24

Default [Office]

Omiko scowls and rolls her eye.
    You think you're graduating from a career of theft to a life of organized crime, and then you find yourself getting in on the ground floor...as a thief."
    "Bank robbery's kinda slick, though. Old-timey. I am kinda rich, you know. But I guess you can never have too much money and guns. I'll settle in here and then get to it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25

[Office]

Zefir replies with a seriouse look.

"So you want to start high? You never had to start from scratches? I don't care what you do, just do it.
    And be ready for a fight. It will be short term."

With that he let's Omiko go.

[Entrance]

Instead of opening the door, a speaker rises up.
    "Hello, please state your business."
    Since I have no idea about your char, please consider AMEN made a little background check to be sure there is no connection to 'the good guys'.

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

The "man" in the armor smiles in a friendly manner, tilting his head, slightly, a gesture made more obvious by the v-crested helmet on his head. His voice has a tinge of a British accent to it.

"Good day, sir. I've heard a bit about your organization, and I'm interested in seeing your facilities, and what we might be able to do for one another. Might we discuss this face-to-face?"

AMEN's background check after Zenon's first abortive visit revealed no connections to any good organization within the Nexus, or really, any organization at all. He's mostly been wandering around the various wildernesses of Outside, occasionally stopping at the various outlying small villages to pick up gossip and the odd tidbit of info about the various Nexus factions, though he's shown no inclination to join any of them until now. He did visit the ruins of the Magcave at one point, and seems to have come out of it in the same condition he went in, if a little more chipper than he went in, which might be a bit suspicious, but he seems to have not done anything with whatever he might have acquired there, so perhaps he was just sightseeing.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

27. - Top - End - #27

[Entrance]

"You are aware we don't make tours, right?" the voice replies. "What exactly do you suggest an alliance? I don't even know your name. Or do you want to be a member?"

28. - Top - End - #28

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

"Membership, yes, that's what I meant. As for introductions, I am called Zenon the Devourer." He bows slightly, sure there's a camera watching him somewhere. After all, a group with AMEN's reputation undoubtedly has them as part of their security protocols.

29. - Top - End - #29

[Entrance]

A sight can be heared . Wha do people have to be calles something like the devourer? Sure most do it for reasons, but can't they think of something else?
    The doors will open and someone will stand behind, holding a sheet of paper and a pen in hand.
    "Please fill this [Membership Form] out and follow me" Form can be found in the first Post.

30. - Top - End - #30

NinjaGuy

[Entrance]

Zenon takes the paper and pen and follows the minion(?), taking a moment to glance around before quickly looking over the form. An amused smile plasters itself onto his face as he fills it out, not looking up until he's finished, but follows his guide easily nonetheless.

Name: Zenon the Devourer, Zenon for short, if you're inclined.
    Sex: Male
    Species: Extradimensional replicated android symbiote are the closest technical terms
    Profession: Devourer of Worlds, former special forces assassin
    Reason for joining AMEN: Access to resources that would take months to gather on my own; Should alleviate some of my boredom for awhile.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Extensive knowledge of advanced robotics construction and manufacturing techniques, along with data to create advanced personal armaments and weapons. Extensive combat history, extreme durability.
    Arachnoid dimension X-1922A (Eaten)
    Multos Dimension 18-B2984 (Eaten)
    Numeros Dimension 1011010 (Eaten)
    Krytos IV, Krytonian Dimension (Eaten)
    Gelbad 9, Krytonian Dimension (Destroyed/Partially Eaten)
    Xar Elemental Masters (19 in all) (Eaten/Killed)
    Xar Master Kendra (Traumatized)
    Xar Master Toji (Maimed/Traumatized)
    A rather long, hastily jotted down list of less important NPCs and worlds, continents and cities follows in the remaining allotted space, most of them followed by either the (Eaten), (Killed), or (Destroyed) descriptors.
    Past Experience:
    Plotted and nearly succeeded in bringing about the downfall of two world governments millennia apart before merging with the symbiote responsible for a number of my references.
    Decimated an entire race while in a weakened state
    Various and sundry more mundane things after arriving in the Nexus, notably visiting the ruins of the Magcave.
    Other Information:
    Once he's finished with the application, he'll hold it out to the guide.

"There you are. Perhaps more than a bit abridged, but then, I'm sure you're more interested in what I can do for you than every excruciating detail of what I've done in the past."