New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Justice League film

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmon_Sama View Post
    No dude, you should watch it. It's not like the comics. Like, I basically disagree with the entire first half of your post, but I don't care when it comes to this. Everyone can/should enjoy Logan. I understand the words "Old Man Logan" make you skeptical and rightly so. Trust me, this has nothing in common with those dumb comics. There's no backstory of all the superheroes getting killed in a highly contrived circumstance. It's in line with the previous X-Men films and follows from those. Everything follows from the previous movies---logically, horribly. It's an enclosed 20th Century Fox Production. If you ever saw an X-Men movie or cared to, this is the one.
    Except that all the other X-Men are dead, are they not?

Because that alone was enough to put me right off.

(And, I should note, Wolverine is my second-favourite X-Man.)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I have to say, reading this thread has firmly extinguished the last fleeting trace of interest I might have had in seeing this movie.

The DC-verse hasn’t impressed me thus far, and the trailer for this movie looked clunky and pompous, almost painfully generic with its vast explosions and CGI alien hordes.

I forced myself to watch Wonder Woman because I was in a movie theater; if I’d been watching at home I probably would have quit halfway through. I did quit trying to watch Man of Steel—in fact I tried watching it five different times, and quit out of boredom each time. Didn’t even bother with BvS.

So I’m not a natural fit for the Justice League movie—which is a sad irony, because back in the day JLI was one of my favorite comics, precisely because it was such a snarkfest. But my instinct tells me I shouldn’t even try to sit through this movie, and I’m not seeing anything here to convince me otherwise.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Well,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the X-Men are referred to as having been killed off in some kind of accident, but Caliban is still around....
    I guess if your problem is less plausibility and more just you don't like darker stuff then maybe you should avoid it v:/v

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Well,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the X-Men are referred to as having been killed off in some kind of accident, but Caliban is still around....
    I guess if your problem is less plausibility and more just you don't like darker stuff then maybe you should avoid it v:/v
    Which is what I did. (I would debate "plausible," but it's not worth either of our time and I'm trying not to derail a second movie thread with things not about that movie....)

If a story - any story - revolves around "all the characters are dead/ going to die because drama" then I am not interested, as I don't find that even distantly entertaining. (I won't touch a singing chair made of ice on fire in any format, for example.)

Especially when said story it involves the characters that got my into superheroes at ALL and after the previous-but-one movie went out of its way to bring them all back to life.

That's just not a story I am remotely interested in being told, be it in Old Man Logan or (even if better executed) in liv-action.

(I could go on for hours on how I think character death has become a vastly over-used tool in modern media to attempt to force emotional engagement that has become painfully transparent and effective only in dragging me out of immerson to get annoyed with the writer and should only be using excruiatingly sparingly (and how Civil War showed exactly the reason why, the scene at the end with Tony and Rhodey was far more emotionally meaningful than a funeral scene ever would have been), but that's a rant for another occasion.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-11-18 at 01:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Well duh, if you like the Marvel movies, they're all the same one.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I have to say, reading this thread has firmly extinguished the last fleeting trace of interest I might have had in seeing this movie.

The DC-verse hasn’t impressed me thus far, and the trailer for this movie looked clunky and pompous, almost painfully generic with its vast explosions and CGI alien hordes.
    Oh you wouldn't like this. It's a hallway film. It exists to setup future films. And while it's lighter and softer, it's still enough of DCEU film that if you didn't enjoy the others elements within will still bother you. While simultaneously managing to piss off people like Piedmon_Sama with the tonal alterations which turn what was admittedly a formerly divergent take on the Superhero tale into something more generic.

It's kind of curious as an ruthless mesh between two directors and crowd pleasing corporate mandate where you observe how the three don't gel, but ultimately while it's not offensive except to Snyder purists it's not good enough to recommend. Maybe as background ambiance to another activity.

It's normally a deal breaker for a lot of people. Here I think it carries less weight because of the dynamic of preceding films being so unattached to its cast anyways. As characters in the film franchise go, most of them didn't have an arc/identity anyways. And those that did have some person get moments of prominence in an installment gets chucked to the side in the sequel anyway.

Basically every X film has been some combination of the Logan, Jennifer Lawrence or Eric and Charles show with supporting bit performances to fill out the fights and a cool guy who gets a cathartic showcase scene. I just don't see offing the cast in this particular continuity to be particularly distinct from being told half the Earth's population died in the setup to a post apocalyptic film. But it's certainly based on the that premise you dislike, I just think the franchise softballs how disheartening it is with it's own established apathy.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    That cartoon is also bad and I have 14 bullet points why.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Legato Endless
    Oh you wouldn't like this. It's a hallway film. It exists to setup future films.

…ultimately while it's not offensive except to Snyder purists it's not good enough to recommend.
    It’s hard to imagine being offended by a film like this. This is partly because I barely know who Snyder is. Comics purism (if that’s what you call it) is just not an overwhelming priority of mine.

No, I would just be wearily annoyed at having to sit through this. Even the glimpses from the trailer seem to confirm that it’s overwhelmingly full of itself, without really having much to be full of.

Last edited by Palanan; 2017-11-18 at 03:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

That cartoon is also bad and I have 14 bullet points why.
    When you taste bad things it reminds you of good things, one of the tricks in life is learning not to gag on the bad things but learn to taste them and savory them in their own way, and these same techniques which you practice allow you to save the good things.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    When you taste bad things it reminds you of good things, one of the tricks in life is learning not to gag on the bad things but learn to taste them and savory them in their own way, and these same techniques which you practice allow you to save the good things.
    You didn't ask to hear my fourteen points. You win... this round.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I enjoyed it.

Aquaman and Cyborg had more significant personalities that I expected (which was good). My only complaint was that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Superman was given too much power. In effect their is no need for any other characters once he shows up.

As for the stuff about the composer or producers or anything else behind the screen, don't care. Never will. I go to see a movie, and really have zero interest in the politics and business decisions that are made to create it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

You didn't ask to hear my fourteen points. You win... this round.
    What are your fourteen points?

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    What are your fourteen points?
    NO! How could you?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Not a R&M Fan myself.

Not seeing this unrelated. Me and My mom walked in to see WW and we left disappointed despite entering with a good mood and in fact a bit of patriotic pride and even still we found the actress waifish.
    After WW I did not feel like seeing any more DC movies.

Im the ultimate contrarian. Tired of The Marvel Movies, Dislike R&M, and don't like the DC movies.
    I mean I don't do it out of contrarianism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Not a R&M Fan myself.

Not seeing this unrelated. Me and My mom walked in to see WW and we left disappointed despite entering with a good mood and in fact a bit of patriotic pride and even still we found the actress waifish.
    After WW I did not feel like seeing any more DC movies.

Im the ultimate contrarian. Tired of The Marvel Movies, Dislike R&M, and don't like the DC movies.
    I mean I don't do it out of contrarianism.
    R&M... Rick and Morty?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    R&M... Rick and Morty?
    I guess it is Rich and Morty with R&M for I posted a Rich and Morty gif about superheroes several posts ago (in response to Marvel superhero movies having mostly the same story.)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I enjoyed it.

Aquaman and Cyborg had more significant personalities that I expected (which was good). My only complaint was that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Superman was given too much power. In effect their is no need for any other characters once he shows up.
    So what you're saying is that it's just like the comics?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

18. - Top - End - #48

Flumph

The distinction is that in Logan it has happened for a reasonably sane reason and in Old Man Logan the reason is cataclysmically stupid and should never have worked because 1. Wolverine is not that good and 2. He is almost the last being on earth Mysterio has any chance of fooling.

Because Mark Millar is in love with the idea of "villains got together and took over" because he is a misanthropic poisonous hack.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    The distinction is that in Logan it has happened for a reasonably sane reason and in Old Man Logan the reason is cataclysmically stupid and should never have worked because 1. Wolverine is not that good and 2. He is almost the last being on earth Mysterio has any chance of fooling.

Because Mark Millar is in love with the idea of "villains got together and took over" because he is a misanthropic poisonous hack.
    But dead Jubilee (et al) is still dead, regardless of the reason. (The movies should have gotten all the of "bad future, everyone dies" out of the system having done the ACTUALLY iconic Days of Future Past.) Let me be clear - I would never have expected the movie (given that people actually like it) to have been anything like as assinine as the conceptual source material (though if OML wasn't the germ of the idea, it's a hell of a coincidence), but to me, it doesn't matter how well an idea is executed if I hate the concept. (See: revised ending to Mass Effect 3.)

To be fair - bringing this back around to approximately JL again - Batman vs Superman as a concept, even had it been executed with something like competance (going from what has been said of it), would have had to try very hard for my attention (though Civil War had to (I went in with very low expectations, and on the strength of Spidey and the previous movies), and succeeded). Leaving aside this being based on the work of someone who is a bit notoriously... putting it politely, is a bit of a Batman fan; thanks to the comics, I am SICK to the back teeth of heroes fighting heroes. (I AM interested in seeing them team up, so a passably-executed World's Finest or something would have had my attention much faster. As JL has sort of done.)

(The only fractional half-notch I can give OML was that they killed Jubilee last. (Loo, if I'm honest, that's probably as far fetched as the rest of it, but it saved it from being physicially burned, because it came at a time the comics mostly forgot Jubes existed, so even a brief, pointless cameo was something.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-11-19 at 08:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Flumph

Yeah, heroes fighting each other is a bit of a pathology in modern comics. I think it's because nobody's managed to make a really good new villain stick for ages, and you can only watch the same old chumps lose so often before it becomes distressingly predictable.

(Also, remember there's a difference between dead and X-Men dead. X-Men dead is even less dead than ordinary comic book dead.
    Just because the X-Men are dead in Logan doesn't mean they won't be alive in other movies.)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

As for the stuff about the composer or producers or anything else behind the screen, don't care. Never will. I go to see a movie, and really have zero interest in the politics and business decisions that are made to create it.
    That is a really good stance.

Im just sorry it will be to late for me to join into this discussion. It will take at least a week for me to see it. But i loved WW. And like the trailers for this one. So im going to give it a chance.

edit.

I also did think Logan were depressingly bad. Like, wished i had stayed home to watch youtube instead. It felt more like some sort of Oscar baiting than an actual movie meant to amuse and uplift.
    That we had repeatedly hammered into our head what a horrible world it was, and how everyone that crosses the path of Logan dies in some messy way left me in a negative way. I would have prefered to watch BvS any day of the week.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2017-11-19 at 10:12 AM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #52

As expected, this movie was awful. I don't get it. It's incredible to me that DC keeps getting this wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show

So between Man of Steel, BvS, and now this installment we're all still dealing with what it means for planet Earth that there is (or isn't now) a Superman. Bleh. Let's move on please. They show a muslim shop owner being attacked by some (presumably) bigoted thugs but it's like... this stuff happens normally. The world is not a perfect place. The existence or absence of Superman doesn't really change that. They didn't go far enough to explain to us why or how his death impacted the world so much, only that it did. Everyone has lost hope because Superman is dead, and now they're all mopey. Speaking of everyone being mopey...

Batman is the brooding guy on the team but... we also have Diana still dealing with Steve's death (a century later), and Cyborg dealing with his issues. And everyone talking about how they shut down and closed everyone off. Batman feels guilty over Superman's death. Out of the three of these, the only one I easily understand while watching this movie is Cyborg. The kid almost died and came back as a nearly complete robot. He's got some stuff to resolve. But the idea that Diana hasn't gotten over Steve Trevor's death, and/or met other people/dated in 100 years is annoying. I hate when grown, adult super heroes can't cope with stuff. It's like... normal people overcome **** all the time for the entirety of their lives. Likewise, Batman might regret having misread Superman and trying to kill him, but he didn't cause Superman's death, and he created the only weapon that could stop Doomsday. So it's strange that he feels responsible for the death of Superman.

Aquaman and Flash have potential but I feel they weren't handled well in this movie. Aquaman was good in the beginning when Bruce went to recruit him. But as part of the League, he just came across as immature. Which was weird. I don't know. Mamoa is such a presence, but he seemed like a child to me alongside the other members. And Flash... this is not an exaggeration when I say that no one in the theater laughed out loud a single time throughout the entire movie. Maybe some people chuckled here or there, I know I chuckled once but I don't remember what the joke was. But Flash's "humor" was not funny. He was obvious and annoying. I did like, however, the development of his courage. The scene where he is afraid to actually help, and Batman tells him just to save one person was great. I think Aquaman and Flash can work well on their own but their characters need to be given better material as part of the group.

I almost walked out of the theater after Superman got resurrected. I am SO. SICK. TO. DEATH. of watching heroes fight each other. My god how tiring and completely uninteresting. So while they're discussing bringing back Superman because "the world needs him" or whatever, Aquaman says "When you die, you don't come back the same. You're different." No explanation given, just letting the audience know that, for whatever reason, we're getting crazy Superman back when he comes back to life. Bruce replies "I have a contingency for that." as if it goes without saying that he might be dangerous, and Diana says "If you're the first person he sees when he wakes up, you better." Uh... why, exactly? The two kissed and made up in the last movie. Bruce saved Clark's mother's life in fact. They teamed up to defeat Doomsday. Why would Superman rage-kill Batman upon being brought back to life?

So they bring him back to life and sure enough... we get grim angry Superman. And he's attacking the team, and we get a fight. They could have handled his resurrection any other way. Why they needed to cram this fight in is beyond me. I totally lost interest.

Ok, so Steppenwolf... wtf? He looked like a cartoon and he had a... kind face? Between that and his constant pleas to "Mother" he wasn't menacing at all. And his power suite consisted of super strength and invulnerability. Which makes him a fine henchman, but a lackluster big bad. As an aside, why do the Amazons guard a mother box with bows and arrows???

Anyways, Steppenwolf looked awful and was uninteresting as a villain. Also... did the League defeat him? Or could the League defeat him? I'm not sure. He seemed to be tanking Superman's punches. So I guess what we really needed was for Superman to freeze his axe? So Wonder Woman can destroy it? Then what? Could Steppenwolf still fight them or was that the source of his power? I don't know, the parademons take him then. Pretty lackluster considering the whole movie is telling us they need Superman to win this fight and he just freezes the axe. Speaking of his return...

The scene where Superman returns... we get a shot of Batman running out of ammo, and he shakes the gun and looks around like he doesn't know what to do. Then he has a look and I'm thinking "Ok, Batman has a plan." Cut to Aquaman and Wonder Woman getting their asses kicked by Steppenwolf. Then cut back to Batman and... he is still shaking the gun and looking bewildered. Without ammo in the gun, Batman has absolutely no idea what to do, and that's being emphasized for us by these two shots. Then Steppenwolf says something like "Why do you deny the truth?" and we hear Superman off screen say "I believe in Truth. And Justice." Cut to Superman arriving. Cut to Batman with this stupid childish grin on his face like a kid seeing his favorite superhero walk right into his classroom. Cut to Superman punching Steppenwolf. Cut to Aquaman saying "Alright" in an uncanny Matthew Mcconaughey impression. It was so corny and goofy.

I didn't go in expecting much, due to the previous installments and the trailers, and pretty much got was I expected. Also, these movies are ugly. With the exception of Wonder Woman, and to a lesser extent Man of Steel, these DC movies are difficult to look at. The colors are dark and awful. The action sequences are dark, with the only light being an ugly darkly colored energy of one kind or another. Brighten it up. Please. (Marvel has a similar issue where their movies are all drab looking, thought the costumes are at least good.)

I'm rambling at this point but I just remembered as well that the plot is basically recycled from Man of Steel, where an alien comes to Earth with a world engine to terraform the planet. Nice. At least there was no weird tentacle made out of metal spheres this time. Just weird purple tentacles made out of... energy, or something?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    As expected, this movie was awful. I don't get it. It's incredible to me that DC keeps getting this wrong.
    The sad thing is that they did both the small form Justice League AND the Justice League Unlimited in the cartoons, and hit on some of the same themes, and did it really, really well for the most part. These people still work for them. Why in the world aren't they TALKING to them about this stuff?

I have some comments in the spoiler block ...

Spoiler
    Show

So between Man of Steel, BvS, and now this installment we're all still dealing with what it means for planet Earth that there is (or isn't now) a Superman. Bleh. Let's move on please. They show a muslim shop owner being attacked by some (presumably) bigoted thugs but it's like... this stuff happens normally. The world is not a perfect place. The existence or absence of Superman doesn't really change that. They didn't go far enough to explain to us why or how his death impacted the world so much, only that it did. Everyone has lost hope because Superman is dead, and now they're all mopey.
    I haven't watched any of the movies, but every time I hear this I'm always shocked by it because if I recall correctly this is the third movie since Superman was rebooted, in the first one Superman causes massive property damage and isn't incredibly heroic in temperament, and in the second one Batman can be tricked into thinking that Superman is a massive threat. How in the world does THAT sort of Superman foster that kind of reaction? At least in the cartoon he was established at that point, and even then the reaction is more that villains who wouldn't move because they were afraid of meeting him started getting more aggressive. The world shouldn't lose hope because a hero who didn't really engender hope died.

Likewise, Batman might regret having misread Superman and trying to kill him, but he didn't cause Superman's death, and he created the only weapon that could stop Doomsday. So it's strange that he feels responsible for the death of Superman.
    Admittedly, this is consistent with the better characterizations of Batman. As Wonder Woman said in the cartoon, he doesn't take loss well.

And Flash... this is not an exaggeration when I say that no one in the theater laughed out loud a single time throughout the entire movie. Maybe some people chuckled here or there, I know I chuckled once but I don't remember what the joke was. But Flash's "humor" was not funny. He was obvious and annoying. I did like, however, the development of his courage. The scene where he is afraid to actually help, and Batman tells him just to save one person was great.
    Which is again strange because in the cartoon they balanced the jokester/hero character pretty well ... and part of that was having the other characters react to the jokes when they were annoying BY noting that they were annoying and his joking was out of place. Which lead to another great scene where Flash admits that he could goof off knowing that Superman had his back, and now that he was gone he'd have to do better. That characterization of Flash was a good one, where he really was the heart of the team, light-hearted and hopeful, the kind of guy who would indeed paint an old lady's fence.

I think I'll watch the cartoon again before watching this movie.
    BSG PBF record on BGG: 16 - 17.

"For a nice guy, you're kind of a jerk" - Ayane, P4: The Animation

"Stop saving the world and get a hobby" - Seto Kaiba

24. - Top - End - #54

Spoiler: Daimbert
    Show

I haven't watched any of the movies, but every time I hear this I'm always shocked by it because if I recall correctly this is the third movie since Superman was rebooted, in the first one Superman causes massive property damage and isn't incredibly heroic in temperament, and in the second one Batman can be tricked into thinking that Superman is a massive threat. How in the world does THAT sort of Superman foster that kind of reaction? At least in the cartoon he was established at that point, and even then the reaction is more that villains who wouldn't move because they were afraid of meeting him started getting more aggressive. The world shouldn't lose hope because a hero who didn't really engender hope died.
    So, Justice League does say that the reason the mother boxes are activating now is because the kryptonian is dead. Which is kind of strange because there has been *a lot* of time between Steppenwolf being defeated the first time on ancient Earth, and Kal-El coming to Earth as a baby. In other words, a much larger window of "no kryptonians on Earth" than the time after BvS. Maybe I missed something in the movie (admittedly there were several times throughout the movie that I couldn't make out what Batman or Cyborg or Steppenwolf or Aquaman were saying).

But you're right as far as the sentiment for Superman. It's tough. He saves the world in Man of Steel, but Metropolis is all but destroyed. I'm not sure how easy it is to convey the events of Man of Steel to the entire world as "Superman saved us" and for it to be impactful. Then in BvS he is seen in a painful montage rescuing people with a pained and tortured look on his face, but he's also being framed for murder in the movie and he does nothing to dissuade anyone of that notion (even literally saying "I don't care what they think"). Then he dies killing Doomsday in Gotham. Again, I'm not sure what the world thinks of him and why those events inspire hope in the entire planet and why his death inspires despair or giving up in the planet. We're just told that the world needs him. *shrugs* I guess, lol.
    Admittedly, this is consistent with the better characterizations of Batman. As Wonder Woman said in the cartoon, he doesn't take loss well.
    This is true. It just seems... illogical to me is all. I suppose Batman doesn't have to be rational to Vulcan levels, so perhaps I'm being too harsh on him here. Perhaps if they had framed it more like he felt bad for assuming the worst in Superman, as opposed to guilt for causing his death I'd have taken it better. No biggy.

Which is again strange because in the cartoon they balanced the jokester/hero character pretty well ... and part of that was having the other characters react to the jokes when they were annoying BY noting that they were annoying and his joking was out of place. Which lead to another great scene where Flash admits that he could goof off knowing that Superman had his back, and now that he was gone he'd have to do better. That characterization of Flash was a good one, where he really was the heart of the team, light-hearted and hopeful, the kind of guy who would indeed paint an old lady's fence.
    In fairness, I've been watching some reviews and people think the Flash was funny. I didn't find him to be funny for the most part, and the rest of the movie-goers in the theater didn't appear to find him funny either. But it's humor, so you may find it funny.

25. - Top - End - #55

I saw the movie....

My first shock is...did no one notice the plot was the plot from the Avengers? Sure the movie is DC's answer to Marvel's Avengers.....but did they need to use the same plot? A bad guy uses a magic cube and has a evil army invade Earth...and a bunch of heroes have to get together to stop all this.

And if they were doing that, why not give each hero their own movie first?

Most of the humor was a bit off...with flash being young...and everyone else being old.

And granted it is the classic problem with Aquaman...but too bad the final fight is not like near water so Aquaman could have talked to the fish and gotten like a whale to help or something....

J. K. Simmons, aka J.Jonah Jameson and Vernon Schillinger is Commissioner Gordan?

Did they say ''metahumans'' in the movie? Did I miss it? Is this a DC word?

Spoiler: The Movie
    Show

I guess they had to bring Superman back....but then, why even kill him off in the first place

Stepingwolf? Really? No one said...hey when they heard that name... And he is totally not like Loki and traveling around on a Rainbow Bridge Beam...

Things that don't make Sense

*The Death of Superman turns on the Mom Boxes how?

*Wonder Woman deflects like 100 bullets with just her two Bracers of Bullet Deflection? Seems like a bit of a stretch....

*The Amazons are just Red shirts sure...but they do seem very weak.

*And why don't the Amazon's have any magic? They just have like 10th century weapons?

*Where is Paradise Island anyway? How do the Amazon's shoot a flaming arrow to a temple in Greece? Was this a magic arrow?

*And why don't the Amazons have some way...any way to contact Diana?

*Sure is amazing Bruce goes looking for the others right at the moment before the invasion starts...

*So Barry catches a Bat-er-rang and is like ''oh your Batman''?

*So Wonder Woman sneaks into the Batcave...somehow? Does she even have sneaky powers?

*Wonder why the humans have no stories about the Boxes of Mom Doom?

*Why do he humans bury their box? But the others guard them?

*Diana is all like ''the Amazon's can't leave Paradise Island''...but, um, why?

*Do the Amazon's even bother to alert the Atlantens? Why not? Sure they had a war or something...but still ''End of the World'' is one of those exceptions where you forget about the past...

*So the Alanteins can only talk in air bubbles? So, how do they even have a society where they can't talk to each other?

*And..well...are the Alanteins also trapped in Atlantis somehow?

*A lot of the Alanteins, like Mera, have on heavy armor...and well, how do they swim in armor?

*So Barry Allen is a young Kid Flash that just got his powers and lives in a warehouse?

*And, um, so, where did Barry Allen get his Super Space Shuttle Suit?

*And the ''Space Shuttle''? The old, retired space ship that NASA used? Why not use something a bit more current? And even if they could not use a real space ship, why not just use something like the Venture from the Supergirl TV show?

*So Cyborg is a bit more 95% robot, with a 5% human face?

*And how did the Ancient Mom Cube of Doom make a Cyborg again? Would the magic cude not make something more like a Golem?

*Cyborg's floating hand displays are nice....but, can't he 'see' all that data inside his head?

*All the Heroes just tell each other their secret identities, but then guess they are all Super Friends, right?

*So Batman has a cool..um..''Night Crawler'' Tank/Zoid/Transformer? And Night-crawler does not seem to fit what it looks like...

*So when Gotham Harbor floods in....how does Aquaman show up right at that second?

*And does Aquaman have Aqua-kenisis?

*So Aquaman sits on the artifact Lasso of Truth? Er, first does Diana just toss this sacred divine artifact around and leave it? And does ''sitting on the rope'' trigger the truth magic? I though you had to be tied up with it?

*How does the Ancient Mom Cube of Doom bring Superman back to life?

*Everyone sure lines up like good little targets and stands there as Superman is all confused.

*And why does Batman keep Lois in hiding? Maybe it would have been a good idea for her to run right over and be all like ''Clark!".....

*And..really...yes...we know Superman is so powerful he can obliterate the universe with his pinky toe...so why have the silly hero fight?

*And do they really just leave the Ancient Mom Cube of Doom unguarded?

*It sure takes a long time for the Triple Mom Cubes of Doom to...um, not destroy the world........It sure would have been nice to hear say...Magic Carpet Ride...as Steppenwolf turned on the cubes (or born to be wild when he killed the amazons...or hippo stomp when he killed the alanteins).

*Guess it was a good thing Batman made a Bat Troop Transport Quinjet?

*And Cyborg reprograms the Bat Quinjet to fly faster?

*Good thing Superman shows up at the end...as he saves the day..sigh.

*And, as the Modern Superman is on the Other Side, he only stands for Truth and Justice...but not the American Way

*And yet again..in yet another movie...the evil bad guy army just goes 'poof'' at the end.....why?

*So the Justice League will be headquartered in Wayne Manor? So no Space Station?

26. - Top - End - #56

I'm just adding some of my own thoughts to your points. I don't disagree with you anywhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
    My first shock is...did no one notice the plot was the plot from the Avengers? Sure the movie is DC's answer to Marvel's Avengers.....but did they need to use the same plot? A bad guy uses a magic cube and has a evil army invade Earth...and a bunch of heroes have to get together to stop all this.
    Yeah, the Mother Box is like the Tesseract, and the para-demons are like the... chitari? And the terra-forming is like the World Engine in Man of Steel.
    And if they were doing that, why not give each hero their own movie first?
    They should have totally done this because this movie was rushed. Like... What's Aquaman's deal? He helps remote fishing villages? Is he a part of Atlantis? Didn't sound like it when he was speaking to Bruce. But then right afterwards, he swims there (just in time to fight Steppenwolf). He doesn't seem to care at all that the mother box is gone, and is about to leave before Mera lectures him and he suddenly decides to don the armor and fight. There just simply isn't enough time in this movie to get Aquaman. Same with Cyborg and Flash.
    I guess they had to bring Superman back....but then, why even kill him off in the first place
    I feel like Snyder was intentionally trying to draw from multiple comic book storylines in each movie. I don't see a reason to kill him off in the first place, except to push this "the world needs Superman narrative". But it's hard to buy with the treatment of Superman in these movies. And with the consequences of his return.
    *The Death of Superman turns on the Mom Boxes how?
    Exactly. They were on Earth for thousands of years. Before a kryptonian lived there. So what exactly triggered them to activate now? They say it was the death of Superman, but why?
    *The Amazons are just Red shirts sure...but they do seem very weak.

*And why don't the Amazon's have any magic? They just have like 10th century weapons?
    Right. Why are they tasked with guarding a mother box if they can't do better than bows and arrows?
    *Where is Paradise Island anyway? How do the Amazon's shoot a flaming arrow to a temple in Greece? Was this a magic arrow?
    I'm guessing it's a one off special item. Because if they have magic arrows... why not use them on Steppenwolf?
    *Why do he humans bury their box? But the others guard them?
    They said it was so that no single tribe of man can use it against the others. But... they know where they buried it so...

*Do the Amazon's even bother to alert the Atlantens? Why not? Sure they had a war or something...but still ''End of the World'' is one of those exceptions where you forget about the past...
    Lol, yeah, they missed that. Can the Amazons communicate with people outside the island?
    *So the Alanteins can only talk in air bubbles? So, how do they even have a society where they can't talk to each other?
    I was wondering about that as well, if they were going to give them telepathy or not. Presumably they don't have telepathy, or Mera would have used it. So... do they always need hydrokinesis to speak? Or do they have rooms and locations with air pockets in them? Or sign language?
    *And..well...are the Alanteins also trapped in Atlantis somehow?
    The movies says the Atlanteans were "forced" underwater. Not sure what that means.
    *And, um, so, where did Barry Allen get his Super Space Shuttle Suit?
    Presumably he can easily steal cast off debris from wherever they store it? I don't know. But his costume looked awful. I was hoping the after credit scene was Batman gifting him a new sleeker suit that looks like his comic suit. Because man... that suit looks horrendous.

*All the Heroes just tell each other their secret identities, but then guess they are all Super Friends, right?
    I thought this was weird too. I guess if they haven't already been super heroes they don't have a superhero name to go by when they all meet each other. That Bruce goes around telling everyone he's Batman though is weird as ****. And Lois shouting Clark when Superman comes back to life in front of those police officers... just sloppy all around lol.
    *And does Aquaman have Aqua-kenisis?
    Not usually. Maybe that was the trident? Man, if this Aquaman *does* have hydrokinesis it would be a travesty that they didn't fight near water at the end.
    *How does the Ancient Mom Cube of Doom bring Superman back to life?
    Batman explains it. It's like... an engine, and stuff. And cellular level things. The world needs Superman...
    *And do they really just leave the Ancient Mom Cube of Doom unguarded?
    I know. This was a bit silly. They're all paling around and Steppenwolf is like "yoink!". I chalk it up to them being totally shocked that Superman has been resurrected, and them getting their asses kicked.
    *And Cyborg reprograms the Bat Quinjet to fly faster?
    I know. That was strange. They're trying to keep it realistic, with Batman being unable to make a plane that can travel to the other side of the world within a few hours, but since Cyborg is alien tech he can... coax more... power, or something?
    *Good thing Superman shows up at the end...as he saves the day..sigh.
    I know. We need to get a team together, so we can get a mother box to bring Superman back to life so he can beat up the bad guy. The Justice League movie was all about bringing Superman back to life to save the day. How awful.

*And yet again..in yet another movie...the evil bad guy army just goes 'poof'' at the end.....why?
    They are attracted to fear and Steppenwolf became afraid after his axe was destroyed. Presumably... his fear was so great it drove the parademons to ignore everyone and everything else and swarm him? And then... I'm guessing it was Cyborg that opened up that boom tube to take them to... I don't know. It was never explained. Yay, the day was saved though...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Deleted scene in BvS reveals Lex Luthor using the scoutship to talk to someone resembling Stepenwolf.
    I assume that's how he found out Earth was unprotected

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai
    *snip*
    Originally Posted by Darth Ultron
    *snip*
    I am so, so, so glad I didn’t see this movie.

What a slobbering pile of reheated awful. I am now permanently warded against the DC movieverse.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I am so, so, so glad I didn’t see this movie.

What a slobbering pile of reheated awful. I am now permanently warded against the DC movieverse.
    I am not.

If they do a movie that critics i respect like, I will try it out.

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Loved it. Had a blast watching it. The only real problems I had with it were Cavill's lip, Amy Adams, and Diane Lane. (And I love Amy Adams in pretty much everything else.)
    Flash was outstanding, Aquaman was great, WW was as great as in her solo film. Cyborg was good. Batman was good. I will watch this again, several more times.