New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default DBZ Warrior (PEACH)

This class is my attempt at porting over the fighters from dragon ball into pathfinder. I figured the best way to do this was to hybridize the monk and the barbarian together. I’d really like to be able to implement his in one of my games so please be brutally honest.

DBZ warrior

D10 Full BAB, good fort, good ref, monk skills, 4+int skill points

Proficient with all simple weapons, martial weapons, Unarmed strikes, and all light armor
    Starting wealth 2d6 x10

Level 1
    Rage (+2 STR, CON, DEX, -2AC -2 will), Improved unarmed strike (1d6), AC bonus=CHA

Level 2
    DBZ power, Flurry of blows

Level 3
    Evasion, Ki pool (CHA), Ki strike

Level 4
    DBZ power, Unarmed strike (1d8)

Level 5
    +10ft movement, Purity of body, Uncanny dodge

Level 6
    Danger sense+1, DBZ power

Level 7
    DR1/-, +20ft movement

Level 8
    DBZ power, Unarmed strike (1d10)

Level 9
    Improved evasion, +30ft movement

Level 10
    DR2/-, Greater rage

Rage: this ability is the exact same as the barbarian ability except it gives the DBZ Warrior +2 to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, as well as a +10 bonus to movement speed. They do however lose the +2 will save bonus.

Improved unarmed strike: you gain improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat, your unarmed strike deals 1d6 damage.

AC bonus: whenever a DBZ Warrior is not wearing any armor they gain their charisma modifier to their Armor Class. If they put on any kind of armor they lose this bonus.

DBZ power: every even numbered level a DBZ Warrior may select either a bonus combat feat or a rage power

Flurry of blows: a DBZ Warrior may utilize a flurry of blows as if they are a monk equal to their class level -1.

Evasion: a DBZ Warrior can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a DBZ Warrior is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless DBZ Warrior does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Ki pool: a DBZ Warrior gains a pool of ki point as a monk. Instead of using wisdom a DBZ Warrior’s Ki pool is calculated by their charisma modifier instead of their wisdom modifier.

Ki strike: a DBZ Warrior can utilize a Ki strike as a monk of their level.

Purity of body: a DBZ Warrior gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Uncanny dodge: a DBZ Warrior gains the ability to react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A DBZ Warrior with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action against her.
    If a DBZ Warrior already has uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Danger sense: gains a +1 bonus on Reflex saves to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks by traps. In addition, she gains a +1 bonus on Perception checks to avoid being surprised by a foe. This ability counts as trap sense for any feat or class prerequisite, and can be replaced by any archetype class feature that replaces trap sense.

Damage reduction: at seventh level a DBZ Warrior gains Damage reduction 1/-

Improved evasion: a DBZ Warrior’s evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless DBZ Warrior does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Greater Rage: a DBZ Warrior’s physical attributes increase by +4 instead of 2 now. Also the DBZ Warrior’s movement speed increases by an additional 20 feet rather than 10.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: DBZ Warrior (PEACH)

It's a pretty straightforwards hybridization of the two classes.

It feels pretty strong for a melee class, but it doesn't have much to do outside of combat.
    It has a whole lot of melee-attack synergy (flurry of blows works well with Power Attack. So does rage), but not much outside that.

For a DBZ class, I'd expect somewhat fewer rage powers (which are often animalistic, tribal, or athletic in nature) and more ki powers.

Also, missing skills list.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

what version of D&D is this? i recently worked out the basic dbz abilities for GURPS or related systems. it's a combination of monk powers (enhance your durability and power and speed with ki; and ability to release pure energy from the spirit body - i.e. ki blasts) and telekinesis (flight and telekinesis; the latter, besides being innately useful, also is used to shape and direct ki blasts). this is a less plot-holey version of the set of dbz powers: ki blasts are still deadly, but maybe less able to destroy planets and such, as the power of the ki blast doesn't scale that well. remember how Master Roshi destroyed the moon in Dragon Ball? not happening here. still a pretty good port though. i haven't worked out all the techniques in this version of DBZ, mainly because i haven't had the motivation as i don't really feel like setting up a campaign for this.

edit: other telekinesis based techniques include teleportation (to imitate the DBZ short distance teleport or even Goku's long distance one) and possibly manipulating the space time continuum for slowing down time so you can be coordinated at faster speeds and catch bullets and such.
    Last edited by Goodkill; 2017-11-18 at 09:31 PM.
    check out my D&D-inspired video game, not done yet but you can listen to the soundtrack if you're bored: https://www.facebook.com/TheCityofScales/

my game's soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-77807407...les-soundtrack

my website with homebrew and stuff on it: http://garm230.wixsite.com/scales

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post
    It's a pretty straightforwards hybridization of the two classes.

It feels pretty strong for a melee class, but it doesn't have much to do outside of combat.
    It has a whole lot of melee-attack synergy (flurry of blows works well with Power Attack. So does rage), but not much outside that.

For a DBZ class, I'd expect somewhat fewer rage powers (which are often animalistic, tribal, or athletic in nature) and more ki powers.

Also, missing skills list.
    I plan on adding some feats to do more with Ki (such as sensing power levels, flight, and of course the famous Ki blast known as the kikoho). Also they use the same skills as the monk class:
    Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Stealth (Dex), and Swim (Str).