New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

Spoiler: Volume 6 Chapter 10
    Show
    Okay, I can't be the only one at this point hoping that Maria and Cordovin actually fight each other personally by the end of this season right? Also **** has started hitting the fan. And Ruby FINALLY punches Qrow's ego out to get him to stop blaming himself over everything. And can ATLAS please get some PR commanders around here. Because its starting to be a no brainer why everyone blames them for the fall off beacon. Also well Adam is getting a more climactic battle to wrap up his arc, but as a character he's REALLY reached a dead end. What with now being only a deranged stalker. Also ick, about 1/4-1/3 of the episode is the opening closing sequence.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Show
    Okay, I can't be the only one at this point hoping that Maria and Cordovin actually fight each other personally by the end of this season right?
    They're doing that right now.

Edited to add:
    Show
    Why do they need to take the radar out again? Couldn't they just drive out of range and be picked up there?
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2019-01-12 at 04:03 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Volume 6 Chapter 11
    Show
    So, that's what Adam was hiding behind his mask. The bull faunus got a Schnee Dust Company/SDC 'cattle' brand right into his face... and into his left eye. No wonder he hates humans. Jacques is even worse of a person than we thought.
    You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
    -- John Mason.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    They're doing that right now.

Edited to add:
    Show
    Why do they need to take the radar out again? Couldn't they just drive out of range and be picked up there?
    Spoiler: Volume 6 Ch 10
    Show
    My understanding is that they needed to be out of range of communications so the pilots couldn't call for help. They didn't have the capacity to be out of range of the radar and still be picked up by the airship without causing a lot of suspicion and/or a significant delay that we now know is dangerous thanks to the Lamp.

So drive out of SOS range, knock out the radar in a way similar to how its been malfunctioning anyway so the airship's movements can't be tracked, and pick up the entire gang to fly to Atlas before it gets fixed and they can tell the airship has been somewhere it wasn't supposed to be.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

man Weiss's arc gonna be a blast as her dad was the only remaining obstacle before the ozpins quest ending as team get the second relic and answer few more questions it looks like one more quest objective gonna be solved after Jacque's defeat Weiss can force open dialogs between new whitefang and scnee dust company and that is the unique nail hammered in salems plan by archiving peace between whitefang and scnee dust company its open road for cinder and Jaunes arc for remaining seasons.
    Spoiler: lets be safe for know
    Show
    looks like Jaune might be improving his aura to literally save the queen as this is the second time he saved female teammate by manifesting special aura power to save their life. if it goes like this he might save Pyrrha from her cage and end his personal arc with a high note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    man Weiss's arc gonna be a blast as her dad was the only remaining obstacle before the ozpins quest ending as team get the second relic and answer few more questions it looks like one more quest objective gonna be solved after Jacque's defeat Weiss can force open dialogs between new whitefang and scnee dust company and that is the unique nail hammered in salems plan by archiving peace between whitefang and scnee dust company its open road for cinder and Jaunes arc for remaining seasons.
    Spoiler: lets be safe for know
    Show
    looks like Jaune might be improving his aura to literally save the queen as this is the second time he saved female teammate by manifesting special aura power to save their life. if it goes like this he might save Pyrrha from her cage and end his personal arc with a high note.
    Private Joke that is from a cross series.

Spoiler: Jaune, Vol 6 Episode 10
    Show

Looks like Jaune might be improving his aura to literally save the queen as this is the second time he saved female teammate by manifesting special aura power to save their life. if it goes like this he might save Pyrrha from her cage and end his personal arc with a high note.
    Luminosité Eternellebrightness / great light shining eternalGod [Jaune]is Here With Me:

Tanks the attack with an unstoppable (aka plot, deus ex machina) defense.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-01-16 at 01:05 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Colossus in the Playground

I feel bad for neglecting this series due to life situations kinda...exploding to the forefront. I'll get back to it, promise!

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I feel bad for neglecting this series due to life situations kinda...exploding to the forefront. I'll get back to it, promise!
    Ozpin Lies!

Quote Originally Posted by End of the Beginning
    Cinder: It's unfortunate you were promised a power that was never truly yours. (She kneels down and lifts Pyrrha's chin, staring into her eyes and smiling) But take comfort in knowing that I will use it in ways you could never have imagined.

RWBY FANDOM: (She pulls away, sitting up and matching Cinder's stare) Do you believe in destiny?

Cinder: (Frowns, narrowing her eyes) Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Fable
    The elderly tinkerer then places his cane inside a metal cabinet, closing the door on it. The door opens again showing Ozma’s newest reincarnate, a well-dressed man, picking up the cane where he last left it in his previous life.

Jinn: Armed with my knowledge, he believed he could fulfill his promise to the God of Light.

Ozma is next shown holding the Relic of Knowledge, summoning Jinn for the first time. All of Team RWBY can be seen with him as they walk towards Jinn.

Ozma: Where are the other Relics?

Jinn: He asked me his questions.

Ozma: What powers do they possess?

Jinn: And though I gave him my answers...

Ozma: How do I destroy Salem?

Jinn: ...not all of them were to his liking.

Team RWBY watches as Jinn gives her answer to Ozma.

Jinn: You can’t.

Upon hearing this, Ozma falls to his knees in despair, Ruby, Weiss and Blake all have shocked expressions, and Yang closes her eyes in anger. Ozma remains on his knees as Jinn disappears before him. The camera pans out, transitioning Ozma to his current incarnation of Oscar, who lowers his head in sadness as the snow falls once again.

9. - Top - End - #1179

I am not possessed by an evil parasite wizard! I'm possessed by having to move to full time at my job because the real estate lawyer assistant died over the new years!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not possessed by an evil parasite wizard!
    No you are not the parasite mastermind with his promises, you are the one who is mortal and thus possess a stomach with needs and Ozpin bought you off with the promise of cookies!

I'm possessed by having to move to full time at my job because the real estate lawyer assistant died over the new years!
    See job means money, money means food, you were bought off with the promise of cookies

Links to the Best Day Ever Episode!

Spoiler: It Will Be
    Show

This It will be the day Delicious!

Return whenever you can LaZodiac RWBY really feels like we are between semesters and we are returning from winter break to start the next semester, even though we are still mid season (and it looks like we are getting close to the end of the season.)

11. - Top - End - #1181

I can at least update you with the RWBY Manga.

Spoiler
    Show
    We get better hinting at Blake's ears, for those who don't know them (though I'd argue it's obvious baring the fact that faunus aren't really shown to exist yet in series). We get to see that the bit where, in the middle of a forest, a massive raven chomps up both Weiss and Ruby, and it's still as abrupt and nonsensical as in the show.

However our heroes SMARTLY AND CORRECTLY try to run from the big scorpion. Weiss freezes it, and everyone goes home with their chess piece.

Important: Blake sees Yang kill a bear and is like "I'm having trouble telling who's the blood crazed monster" and Yang says "oh honey flattery will get you everywhere <3"

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

Grruuppp...sorry haven't been doing my reviews lately as well. Honestly still really enjoying this volume and the things happening in it, just been a combination of busy, adjusting to new surroundings, and just not wanting to be on my laptop as much.

Assuming this weekend isn't the volume finale, I'll try to do a review from it there.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I kinda binge-watched this volume over the weekend (I didn't think there'd still be more episodes left).

And while the plot is as dumb as always, I gotta admit... The fights got way better. There could be more of them, though... But it's still a serious improvement over season 5 and specially over the bore-fest that was season 4. Fights against giant monsters/robots are still... ok, I guess, but the human x human fights really improved.

Cinder is still alive... For some reason? Adam is still relevant? Why? I have no idea... Who cares? Their fight scenes were really cool (although the end of Adam vs B&Y was meh, IMO). Hopefully the producers stop pretending they are writers and make RWBY the action-packed show with cute/funny characters it was meant to be.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-01-22 at 09:37 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: lets keep this safe season 6 episode 11
    Show
    well we have first on-screen death in our hand and blake needs new sword all in all good episode. and yang funnily gets the show she learned the lesson after her defeat. that means some doors are still open. plus ruby shows how grown she is in this episode thanks to Oscar's help. all in all, we hit new chapter of plot and its time to talk and develop the story.
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2019-01-24 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

khadgar567, please have your spoiler box show which episodes the things inside are about.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Volume 6 Chapter 12
    Show
    Well okay, Ruby got to be badass and do the thing, Adam, Blake and Yang got to have their collective stories end with a VERY satisfying conclusion and... Cordovin proved exactly where she stands. Good NEWS lady, those children are capable of bailing you out. Bad news; those children are going to bail you out.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: v6c13
    Show
    BATTLE ANGEL ALITA ALERT, WE ARE INBOUND TO TIPHARES

I'm going to miss the adventures of the amazing inertia-disregarding airship.

ETA: *five seconds later* STAR WARS ALERT, WE HAVE EMPIRE MUSIC INBOUND TO EARDRUM
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2019-01-26 at 05:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

🎶 Follow, follow, follow, follow 🎶
    🎶 Follow the yellow brick road 🎶

So Vol 6 is now over.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

Whelp. Qrow is getting a new voice actor. Who do people think can get a close match or do a good replacement?

20. - Top - End - #1190

Finally, a good decision.

I bet they kill off Qrowe, personally.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Whelp. Qrow is getting a new voice actor. Who do people think can get a close match or do a good replacement?
    Maybe they'll just do what everyone else does when they can't get a character's original voice actor back - hire Sam Riegel.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

Well that’s obnoxious, I doubt anyone will really be able to live up the role so far.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Well that’s obnoxious, I doubt anyone will really be able to live up the role so far.
    Gee, Uncle Qrow, you sure sound different sober!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally, a good decision.

I bet they kill off Qrowe, personally.
    This has already been thought about, but RT has said they're recasting Qrow and not killing him off. Not in the short term anyway.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    The Evil Parasite Wizard strike again and soon it will be Aaron Dismuke voicing for Qrow for that is what "brothers" do!

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Troll in the Playground

The real question is what to do with Qrow the character. He is not taking lead or even acting as the responsible adult. The last couple episode had Ruby repeat herself that she’s in charge and Qrow is welcomed to pull his weight. He had a moment with Maria who said they had something to do....and she does at least. The question is what does he have to do?

Sure he can get a scene in a fight and use his bird powers to be useful here and there, but he has to resolve his demons or he’ll just continue to be a drag they don’t need.

Fighting alcoholism and depression takes precious screentime and he’s a tertiary character in a big cast. They need to hurry it up or get him out of picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    The real question is what to do with Qrow the character. He is not taking lead or even acting as the responsible adult. The last couple episode had Ruby repeat herself that she’s in charge and Qrow is welcomed to pull his weight. He had a moment with Maria who said they had something to do....and she does at least. The question is what does he have to do?

Sure he can get a scene in a fight and use his bird powers to be useful here and there, but he has to resolve his demons or he’ll just continue to be a drag they don’t need.

Fighting alcoholism and depression takes precious screentime and he’s a tertiary character in a big cast. They need to hurry it up or get him out of picture.
    Send him back to spying, secret mission, split the party. He has the skill set and he needs a purpose he can believe in. Have him help others by going away.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

They fired one of the very few good VAs on the show over unsubstantiated allegations. With a very suspicious timing too.

I guess "guilty until proven innocent" is the new norm...

Well... Time to stop supporting RT.
    Homebrew Stuff:

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    They fired one of the very few good VAs on the show over unsubstantiated allegations. With a very suspicious timing too.

I guess "guilty until proven innocent" is the new norm...

Well... Time to stop supporting RT.
    I'll be honest, it doesn't sit well with me, either. Granted, I may have missed something, but it looks like his great sin was being overly affectionate to fans at cons, IE hugging and kisses on the cheek or forehead. Okay, yeah, not the best idea, especially without permission*, but is this a career-torching offense now? This isn't the casting couch/abuse of power the whole MeToo movement was created to fight.

* Believe me, I get this point. Nobody in my family likes to be hugged by strangers, it's just how we're wired, though we're more inclined to just object in the moment than hold it against the would-be hugger.

Also, I've written this about seven times since yesterday, because I know I'm going to get flambed for simply asking this. But I'm doing it anyway. Unless there's information I am missing, this strikes me as a perverse corruption of something incredibly important.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

30. - Top - End - #1200

It makes sense if you look at it as RT hedging their bets and trying to protect their brand.

If he didn't do anything, then they can apologize and bring him back later once things settle down.

But if they had stood by him and then it turned out he had done something, then that's a PR hit that RT would never recover from and I don'tthink they're big enough to eat that hit.

That is all.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks