New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    Spoiler: V5e13
    Show
    Raven calls Cinder a monster, having thrown away her humanity to gain power. Cinder counts with "no you".

Cinder please. Raven is not a good person, and is genuinely awful an individual. But she's done nothing comparable to literally making a chunk of her body into an anti-life demon monster. It's in character for Cinder to be this stupid, but still. Please. Think before you speak.
    Spoiler: v5e13
    Show
    I believe, Cinder meant Raven being modified by Ozpin for bird powers. Because remember, bird powers are EEEEEVIL.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fearan View Post
    Show
    I believe, Cinder meant Raven being modified by Ozpin for bird powers. Because remember, bird powers are EEEEEVIL.
    Spoiler: V5C13
    Show
    I Hate This.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Show
    I Hate This.
    Spoiler: V5E13
    Show
    This amuses me greatly.

Spoiler: V5E13 Reaction from someone who liked it
    Show
    Ruby begins by showing her character growth, she gets disarmed and Mercury is all confident saying “what are you going to do about it.” Ruby headbutts him and it hurts.

Yes, stuff hurts through aura, but my headcanon is that Mercury is so confident Ruby is helpless he didn’t activate his aura and took the full blast.

Juane is healing Weiss fast, but explains its really aura “amplification” or transfer. Also Juane’s aura won’t drain cause he’s basically Naruto with the demon chakra minus the demon. That semblance makes Juane so much more versatile or awesome. I want to see it in action doing something other than healing. And Weiss is awake and she’s also...Weiss. Yay!

Nora takes on Hazel and we get the most hypocritical statement from Hazel about how much of a monster Ozpin in as he slams Nora screaming about how many more people have to die for Ozpin. Dude they wouldn’t have to die if you weren’t killing them, or that witch you work for, who recall is responsible for all the grimm that kill the hunters on the missions.

Nora charges up, spits out cool statements and slams Hazel into the next scene!

This is the scene where Adam gets to be pathetic. Blake gets to talk down to him from his high place, Adam is like “you and what army” and Blake is like “look around you” and all the faunus is there and the police in those Mistral vintage airships.

I’d have liked to see obviously recent Adam’s White Fang defectees among the Faunus that came to stop him but what we get is the point. Adam is pretty much alone and abandoned except for a couple of inconsequential guys and Hazel couldn’t care a bit.

Adam uselesssly swings at Blake in response and gets taken down in one hit. Apparently villains are underestimating the heroes and not engaging aura all night.

After Adam’s mooks put up token resistance cause they were told (seriously that’s a bad excuse). Hazel gets drawn back in by the wasp (he’s job in this episode is scene transitions) and Blake comes in and sees Yang, but the reunion is delayed cause Yang has a mission.

Yang seemed full of uncontrolled anger and anxiety for two seasons, but what she does in a moment seems to get rid of all that. Mercury grabs her arm and instead of belting him she just let’s her arm go and goes right to confront Mom. Proving that Yang can get control and also that her mouth will prove more dangerous than her fists.

Then we finally get our knock down drag out fight between our two maidens. This fight has everything anime, both sides power up and hit each other with big energy blasts swords, lots of back and forth sword play and finally that twist you didn’t see coming to end it. Poor Vernal.

Also Cinder. Cinder totally loses, this shock is almost as big as Raven turning into the maiden, and it happens after a big maiden fight that proves (again) maidens can fly and hurl all sorts of energy on a scale other characters can’t.

I have my doubts Cinder is actually dead but sure, she’s not going to walk away from this one unchanged.

Finally we get out big beautiful relic payoff scene and apparently the vault is a pocket dimension. Raven is now steps away from getting the relic and this is when Yang shows up.

Episode over. My reaction to other’s critiques

Show
    The big room works better this episode than in previous ones. We don’t have so many fights and dead space going on and the conversations occur amid combat rather than instead of combat.

If your categorically opposed to dramatically interrupted fight scenes I can see why you can hate it but this time its far better than what happens in lots of anime fights where everyone politely waits their turn.

Adam’s forces are pathetic and that’s a good thing. It stresses how Adam has basically lost everything even before he appears. He thinks he’s so powerful but that power can evaporate in an instant because he isn’t a true leader but a petty spiteful ex. I would have liked to see more defection amid his White Fang, but the mooks aren’t really important to the scene.

Criticizing stuff about Hazel fighting Nora after Ren or how he was taken out by Weiss’s drone seems like nitpicks, and there’s plenty of reasons for how Hazel’s fights could end up in such a matter.

Finally, I don’t care what anyone says, the fight between Raven and Cinder works. Its not a Monty fight, its very anime-esq in ways Monty fights tended to avoid (how they cut the scene and execute the abilities) but it works. I pity people who see this scene and can only think about how illogical Raven using ice is or think about how fast stuff should fall.

Also, Yang giving up her arm and saving her energy for a controlled confrontation with Raven is a great. It means Yang is no longer just a fighter with her fists, and this could be the great moment she gets over all her anxiety and rage from the stuff that happens in season 3 (and the fact that she’s basically been fueled by anger the whole series).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Cinder is just a horrible character inspired by the goddess Azula. So horrible it hurts.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Show
    This amuses me greatly.

Spoiler: V5E13 Reaction from someone who liked it
    Show
    Ruby begins by showing her character growth, she gets disarmed and Mercury is all confident saying “what are you going to do about it.” Ruby headbutts him and it hurts.

Yes, stuff hurts through aura, but my headcanon is that Mercury is so confident Ruby is helpless he didn’t activate his aura and took the full blast.

Juane is healing Weiss fast, but explains its really aura “amplification” or transfer. Also Juane’s aura won’t drain cause he’s basically Naruto with the demon chakra minus the demon. That semblance makes Juane so much more versatile or awesome. I want to see it in action doing something other than healing. And Weiss is awake and she’s also...Weiss. Yay!

Nora takes on Hazel and we get the most hypocritical statement from Hazel about how much of a monster Ozpin in as he slams Nora screaming about how many more people have to die for Ozpin. Dude they wouldn’t have to die if you weren’t killing them, or that witch you work for, who recall is responsible for all the grimm that kill the hunters on the missions.

Nora charges up, spits out cool statements and slams Hazel into the next scene!

This is the scene where Adam gets to be pathetic. Blake gets to talk down to him from his high place, Adam is like “you and what army” and Blake is like “look around you” and all the faunus is there and the police in those Mistral vintage airships.

I’d have liked to see obviously recent Adam’s White Fang defectees among the Faunus that came to stop him but what we get is the point. Adam is pretty much alone and abandoned except for a couple of inconsequential guys and Hazel couldn’t care a bit.

Adam uselesssly swings at Blake in response and gets taken down in one hit. Apparently villains are underestimating the heroes and not engaging aura all night.

After Adam’s mooks put up token resistance cause they were told (seriously that’s a bad excuse). Hazel gets drawn back in by the wasp (he’s job in this episode is scene transitions) and Blake comes in and sees Yang, but the reunion is delayed cause Yang has a mission.

Yang seemed full of uncontrolled anger and anxiety for two seasons, but what she does in a moment seems to get rid of all that. Mercury grabs her arm and instead of belting him she just let’s her arm go and goes right to confront Mom. Proving that Yang can get control and also that her mouth will prove more dangerous than her fists.

Then we finally get our knock down drag out fight between our two maidens. This fight has everything anime, both sides power up and hit each other with big energy blasts swords, lots of back and forth sword play and finally that twist you didn’t see coming to end it. Poor Vernal.

Also Cinder. Cinder totally loses, this shock is almost as big as Raven turning into the maiden, and it happens after a big maiden fight that proves (again) maidens can fly and hurl all sorts of energy on a scale other characters can’t.

I have my doubts Cinder is actually dead but sure, she’s not going to walk away from this one unchanged.

Finally we get out big beautiful relic payoff scene and apparently the vault is a pocket dimension. Raven is now steps away from getting the relic and this is when Yang shows up.

Episode over. My reaction to other’s critiques

Show
    The big room works better this episode than in previous ones. We don’t have so many fights and dead space going on and the conversations occur amid combat rather than instead of combat.

If your categorically opposed to dramatically interrupted fight scenes I can see why you can hate it but this time its far better than what happens in lots of anime fights where everyone politely waits their turn.

Adam’s forces are pathetic and that’s a good thing. It stresses how Adam has basically lost everything even before he appears. He thinks he’s so powerful but that power can evaporate in an instant because he isn’t a true leader but a petty spiteful ex. I would have liked to see more defection amid his White Fang, but the mooks aren’t really important to the scene.

Criticizing stuff about Hazel fighting Nora after Ren or how he was taken out by Weiss’s drone seems like nitpicks, and there’s plenty of reasons for how Hazel’s fights could end up in such a matter.

Finally, I don’t care what anyone says, the fight between Raven and Cinder works. Its not a Monty fight, its very anime-esq in ways Monty fights tended to avoid (how they cut the scene and execute the abilities) but it works. I pity people who see this scene and can only think about how illogical Raven using ice is or think about how fast stuff should fall.

Also, Yang giving up her arm and saving her energy for a controlled confrontation with Raven is a great. It means Yang is no longer just a fighter with her fists, and this could be the great moment she gets over all her anxiety and rage from the stuff that happens in season 3 (and the fact that she’s basically been fueled by anger the whole series).
    Show
    I should clarify Reddish, that while I didn't enjoy the maiden fight, it WAS good. I'm just going to point out the oddities and animation error because people want me to! But yeah, it's a great fight. I just don't care about it personally.

I fully admit some of what I've said are nitpicks, but I feel like it matters. A lot of nitpicks eventually become a scar because you're picking at it so much, and it's important to ask why so many nits ARE being picked.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    I should clarify Reddish, that while I didn't enjoy the maiden fight, it WAS good. I'm just going to point out the oddities and animation error because people want me to! But yeah, it's a great fight. I just don't care about it personally.

I fully admit some of what I've said are nitpicks, but I feel like it matters. A lot of nitpicks eventually become a scar because you're picking at it so much, and it's important to ask why so many nits ARE being picked.
    Spoiler: Vol 5 Chapter 13
    Show
    Really, was the Maiden Bowl really that good? It felt so fake and meh with "glitter" tossed on top of it.

All this spectacle, like a Michael Bay movie but with no form, and instead using techniques like a non natural continuum of movement. What do I mean by this? (Tries to explain)

Literally the camera "focus" is a 3rd person point of view, like we are the 3rd human inside of the maidenbowl room viewing the 2 other actors. But the camera's focus, its 3rd person point of view does not flow in a way a human's eye sight would work, it is much too shakey. Furthermore there is "visual flairs" like the maidens summoning elemental circles and so on during this conflict to escalate the dramatic tension, while the 3rd person's point of view is getting two different "flows" one of the flows is tracing the movement of the camera focus while the other is tracing the new shiney that was just added to the combat.

By the end of this combat you are either 1) really excited or 2) you are exhausted by this spectacle that does not seem natural for it has now flow. I am sorry but Maidenbowl is one of the worse "big fights" in RWBY it may have been fun for some people but I would not even put it in the top 5 fights of the show and think it belongs roughly at 8 or 9 out of 10. It is just not good.

I should clarify Reddish, that while I didn't enjoy the maiden fight, it WAS good.
    Nope it was simply not good!

Here, I feel this Lindsay Ellis video is relevant to the points I am making.

Seriously the last few episodes of RWBY I been watching I been so disapointed, yet I do not want to talk about them at the end of it. Part of me has this desire but as soon as I start making a list of all the bad stuff in the episode, it becomes "work" for there is so much wrong that is happening and I do not have the energy to rewatch a clip 3 times to remember everything that was wrong for the episode are so not memorable besides the broad strokes.

Aka see the above Lindsay Ellis video for some of the reasons why.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Spoiler: Vol 5 Chapter 13
    Show
    Really, was the Maiden Bowl really that good? It felt so fake and meh with "glitter" tossed on top of it.

All this spectacle, like a Michael Bay movie but with no form, and instead using techniques like a non natural continuum of movement. What do I mean by this? (Tries to explain)

Literally the camera "focus" is a 3rd person point of view, like we are the 3rd human inside of the maidenbowl room viewing the 2 other actors. But the camera's focus, its 3rd person point of view does not flow in a way a human's eye sight would work, it is much too shakey. Furthermore there is "visual flairs" like the maidens summoning elemental circles and so on during this conflict to escalate the dramatic tension, while the 3rd person's point of view is getting two different "flows" one of the flows is tracing the movement of the camera focus while the other is tracing the new shiney that was just added to the combat.

By the end of this combat you are either 1) really excited or 2) you are exhausted by this spectacle that does not seem natural for it has now flow.

Show
    I don’t see how traditional showy magic effects translate to a scene that’s too overwhelming. They are neither avoiding the “shot reshot” reverb or moving like a Michael Bay production.

You critique is of normal richness of animating these sorts of fight scenes and labeling them with extreme forms of cinatography. It’s just not right.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: V5 Ch 13
    Show
    @Zodiac: I don't have as big of a problem with Ren being sent in to fight while Nora guarded Jaime. When it comes to capability to actually STOP an enemy and keep them from getting past, Nora has Ren by a pretty large margin. Ren, if nothing else, can hit and run and feather in damage from afar...nevermind going in as one of the noted martial artists we've seen in RWBY.

Nora on the other hand, and as she shows, can actually send an opponent flying and thus keep them away from her and thus Jaune and Weiss. She's also the more durable of the two from what we've seen.

So I can see sending Nora in to help against Hazel (not Lionheart), but considering Hazel seemingly has ungodly amounts of Aura and doesn't feel pain and Leo has superior long range attacks I can't really see Ren being a better choice to guard Jaune and Weiss.

Also, we've never seen Raven fight before this point, so Maidenbowl has that going in its favor.

@Reddish: Adam still has the loyalty of his men...the only one who's really abandoned him was Illya. He only has the four when Blake shows up because he sent the rest away to keep an eye out for intruders while Hazel did whatever Salem wanted (cause I'll bet anything Adam has no idea what the real stakes are here) so they could blow up the CCT and Haven. The problem being, a little scene of Sun/Blake/Ghira taking out the perimeter was called for and we didn't get it.

Nor do I think Adam is done for. He's still up and fighting by the end of the episode and as Zodiac pointed out, Adam was one of the examples of one of the most powerful fighters in the series for a long time. I doubt Ghira or Sun could take him out or stop him from escaping.

On Blake: ...I'll be honest, I don't think she's rejoining RWBY just yet. Not until the White Fang has been completely purged of Adam's influence and THAT hasn't happened yet.

Hence the anti-climatic of satisfying confrontation with Adam and the lack of a proper reunion with Yang. Cause neither is happening yet. Every other reunion between Team RWBY has been a proper reunion. Weiss and Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Yang..all heartfelt moments given proper time. In the middle of the Battle for Haven? Not the right time and the torn look on Yang's face before she chases after Raven and Cinder was wonderful. She cares enough about Blake that she has more trouble confronting Blake right now then the ACTUAL SOURCE OF HER ABADONMENT ISSUES (RAVEN). Probably cause she had rationalized deep down that Raven couldn't and never did care about her but Blake supposedly/actually did/does but still!

Any way...what I'm getting at is we night get a proper reunion next chapter or next volume, but this wasn't supposed to be a reunion...this was practically a biblical temptation for Yang to see if she'd out what she wanted to do over what needed to be done.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #339

I'm gonna clarify out of spoilers for a second here that "whenever I say something is good or bad it's always relative". If I say a fight is good for what I believe is RWBY's style, that is still RELATIVE TO RWBY'S GENERAL QUALITY. Stop fighting over me like I'm a precious play toy people

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Show
    @Zodiac: I don't have as big of a problem with Ren being sent in to fight while Nora guarded Jaime. When it comes to capability to actually STOP an enemy and keep them from getting past, Nora has Ren by a pretty large margin. Ren, if nothing else, can hit and run and feather in damage from afar...nevermind going in as one of the noted martial artists we've seen in RWBY.

Nora on the other hand, and as she shows, can actually send an opponent flying and thus keep them away from her and thus Jaune and Weiss. She's also the more durable of the two from what we've seen.

So I can see sending Nora in to help against Hazel (not Lionheart), but considering Hazel seemingly has ungodly amounts of Aura and doesn't feel pain and Leo has superior long range attacks I can't really see Ren being a better choice to guard Jaune and Weiss.

Also, we've never seen Raven fight before this point, so Maidenbowl has that going in its favor.

@Reddish: Adam still has the loyalty of his men...the only one who's really abandoned him was Illya. He only has the four when Blake shows up because he sent the rest away to keep an eye out for intruders while Hazel did whatever Salem wanted (cause I'll bet anything Adam has no idea what the real stakes are here) so they could blow up the CCT and Haven. The problem being, a little scene of Sun/Blake/Ghira taking out the perimeter was called for and we didn't get it.

Nor do I think Adam is done for. He's still up and fighting by the end of the episode and as Zodiac pointed out, Adam was one of the examples of one of the most powerful fighters in the series for a long time. I doubt Ghira or Sun could take him out or stop him from escaping.

On Blake: ...I'll be honest, I don't think she's rejoining RWBY just yet. Not until the White Fang has been completely purged of Adam's influence and THAT hasn't happened yet.

Hence the anti-climatic of satisfying confrontation with Adam and the lack of a proper reunion with Yang. Cause neither is happening yet. Every other reunion between Team RWBY has been a proper reunion. Weiss and Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Yang..all heartfelt moments given proper time. In the middle of the Battle for Haven? Not the right time and the torn look on Yang's face before she chases after Raven and Cinder was wonderful. She cares enough about Blake that she has more trouble confronting Blake right now then the ACTUAL SOURCE OF HER ABADONMENT ISSUES (RAVEN). Probably cause she had rationalized deep down that Raven couldn't and never did care about her but Blake supposedly/actually did/does but still!

Any way...what I'm getting at is we night get a proper reunion next chapter or next volume, but this wasn't supposed to be a reunion...this was practically a biblical temptation for Yang to see if she'd out what she wanted to do over what needed to be done.
    Show

That's a fair point. Ren has no actual ability to stop someone, whereas Nora is a brick wall. It just feels that since the only person in their way being Hazel, it makes more sense for Nora to go for him and it feels like something the two of them would do. But I can see it going the other way too. I also actually forgot if we've ever seen Raven fight or not, my bad.

You actually brought up a good justification for why they might of had Blake show up just to have her leave again! Thank you for doing this, because the idea that Blake doesn't immediately join back up with the team at this point has never occurred to me before. It'd be ****ing terrible if they did that, in my opinion, but it is a thing they could do. They shouldn't. But they could. If Blake does join up with them though, I do feel like she shouldn't of come in to be seen by them and should of stayed out. Maybe have Yang hear her, but then face that crisis of "go confront Mom, or go see cat girlfriend" in THAT way, without ruining the big moment of Blake finally back with the girls.

Also yeah no Adam's not DONE, but given how he was regulated to such a pathetic position and got KIRKPUNCHED, I really really doubt he's going to last any longer than he has.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: okay prediction time
    Show
    we all know cinder is not dead by even long shot so she probably broken her spine so salem gonna gave her even newer body and make her a new type of grim. who uses aura and semblence to fight hunters. what do you chimpanzees think about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna clarify out of spoilers for a second here that "whenever I say something is good or bad it's always relative". If I say a fight is good for what I believe is RWBY's style, that is still RELATIVE TO RWBY'S GENERAL QUALITY. Stop fighting over me like I'm a precious play toy people
    No. You'll be fought over and like it dammit!

Show

That's a fair point. Ren has no actual ability to stop someone, whereas Nora is a brick wall. It just feels that since the only person in their way being Hazel, it makes more sense for Nora to go for him and it feels like something the two of them would do. But I can see it going the other way too. I also actually forgot if we've ever seen Raven fight or not, my bad.

You actually brought up a good justification for why they might of had Blake show up just to have her leave again! Thank you for doing this, because the idea that Blake doesn't immediately join back up with the team at this point has never occurred to me before. It'd be ****ing terrible if they did that, in my opinion, but it is a thing they could do. They shouldn't. But they could. If Blake does join up with them though, I do feel like she shouldn't of come in to be seen by them and should of stayed out. Maybe have Yang hear her, but then face that crisis of "go confront Mom, or go see cat girlfriend" in THAT way, without ruining the big moment of Blake finally back with the girls.

Also yeah no Adam's not DONE, but given how he was regulated to such a pathetic position and got KIRKPUNCHED, I really really doubt he's going to last any longer than he has.
    Spoiler: V5 Ch13
    Show
    I can see what you mean as well but the fact Leo is still around, even if he's not doing much, still matters a bit. If they were going to leave someone behind to guard Jaune, Nora feels like the obvious choice to me.

And no worries. I pay much more attention to RWBY than you do, so its no big deal for me to clarify things like this. We've seen Raven chase off Neo, blade-lock and swipe at Qrow, but nothing else really. And people have been wanting to see Raven fight ever since the moment with Neo back in Volume 2, which makes up for the villain vs 'villain' fight we're seeing for plenty of people. Although most will cheer Raven on just because she's 'not-Cinder' after everything Cinder has done.

Yeah...that was my first real thought about that interaction. Not 'wow, that was a lackluster reunion' but 'this is to hold people over because Blake's not coming back yet, isn't it?'. And I don't know if I want to be wrong or not...the bittersweet tragedy geek kind of wants that brief, unsatisfying meeting between Blake and Yang to be all we get because something happens to either Blake or Yang that keeps them apart. Either something between Yang and Birdmom in the Vault or because Blake has business to finish with the White Fang which won't help matters between them either. The other part wabta RWBY back together because I want the team back together and happy once more, playing off one another, and saving the world (plus no more splitting the plot!). The tragedy-geek side is winning out because, like you said, the brief scene of the two seeing each other doesn't make a ton of sense if there is a genuine reunion soon for the very reasons you mention because it steals the thunder from that emotional reunion. It makes a lot more sense if an actual reunion isn't actually coming soon.

Adam might...but on the other hand he's well suited for the role of the villain defeated 'early' on to give a sense of accomplishment without being a serious blow to the mystique of the real villains. A nice feather in the cap for the good guys so to speak. Plus, Adam might actually be MORE hated than Cinder in the RWBY fandom so having him go down like a punk is some great fan catharsis if something bad is about to happen.

Thing is...we already got that with Cinder's literal downfall and in the same chapter nonetheless. Unless RWBY is going all in on its newer villains (Hazel, Watts, Tyrian, Salem), it feels...off to drop two of the biggest villains in RWBY. Especially so unceremoniously in Adam's case when he's been in RWBY longer than ANY of the villains and is so closely intertwined with two of the main heroines.

I don't think Adam will last much longer in the story either but my gut says that we're going to watch him actually self-destruct first before a proper climatic encounter with Blake and/or Yang. Cause honestly, if we don't get that, than that means the big pay off to the whole White Fang storyline (fightwise) would be when the White Fang attacked the Belladonna household and Illya turned on the Fang and that was good...but I will be right pissed if we don't get a proper climatic fight for the whole White Fang storyline.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #342

Show
    Honestly that's kind of the thing. They have an army and all the cops here. Raven has even less reason to help out team baddy than before.

Mercury, Emerald, Leo, and Hazel are all going to go to jail with Adam. That leaves Salem with Watts, who has shown no combat capability or desire, and Tyrion who is crippled (though he's getting a new tail) and proven to be rather pathetic. Salem's side has actually been dealt a relatively heavy blow here, especially if Cinder's actually kicked the bucket.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Spoiler: okay prediction time
    Show
    we all know cinder is not dead by even long shot so she probably broken her spine so salem gonna gave her even newer body and make her a new type of grim. who uses aura and semblence to fight hunters. what do you chimpanzees think about this?
    Spoiler: re: prediction
    Show
    Grimm don't work that way. Their whole shtick is being soulless, so no Aura

Show
    Honestly that's kind of the thing. They have an army and all the cops here. Raven has even less reason to help out team baddy than before.

Mercury, Emerald, Leo, and Hazel are all going to go to jail with Adam. That leaves Salem with Watts, who has shown no combat capability or desire, and Tyrion who is crippled (though he's getting a new tail) and proven to be rather pathetic. Salem's side has actually been dealt a relatively heavy blow here, especially if Cinder's actually kicked the bucket.
    Show

You forgot infinite amount of Grimm. Tyrion was already sent to kill hunters, so he's at least partialy restored - grimm tail or something. And it is possible, that Raven, being survavilist and Remnant's #1 mom will defect to Salem offering her the relic in exchange for, I dunno, help in killing Ozpin and eating her last *cough*masseffect*cough*

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler: Re: Prediction, V5 E13 I guess
    Show
    Well if they are being written that badly as people claim and Roosterteeth take ANY inspiration from Bleach....then Remnant Arrancar might not be too far off,
    who knows?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #345

Show

Show

You forgot infinite amount of Grimm. Tyrion was already sent to kill hunters, so he's at least partialy restored - grimm tail or something. And it is possible, that Raven, being survavilist and Remnant's #1 mom will defect to Salem offering her the relic in exchange for, I dunno, help in killing Ozpin and eating her last *cough*masseffect*cough*

Show
    Right I did forget about the Grimm. Still, all her intelligent actors have been dealt with, it seems like.

Also naw he's getting a robot tail otherwise she wouldn't of asked Watts, the Atlas man, to do it.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Right I did forget about the Grimm. Still, all her intelligent actors have been dealt with, it seems like.

Also naw he's getting a robot tail otherwise she wouldn't of asked Watts, the Atlas man, to do it.
    Show

Yeah, and robots, unlike grimm, somehow can have a soul and conduct aura. That makes me wonder is Tyrian's new robot tale (or Yang's robot arm) made from dead Penny?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think that's the first time I've watched a new episode the day it was released with no lag points. They must have been expecting a slight uptake in traffic today...

Spoiler: V5C14 Summary
    Show
    Not much in the way of combat today. Adam tries to put up a spirited last defense before running, but bolts after Blake destroys him simply by saying she has better things to do. Hazel's still putting up a fight, but everyone else on both sides is exhausted. Ruby changes the battlefield with one shot - at Leo, who runs for his life, leaving the other three to fend for themselves. Salem's seer ball finds him and... well... Leo won't be a problem in the future.

Raven is completely and totally owned by Yang. It's completely verbal, but the sunny little dragon eviscerated her mother, who runs. Yang waltzes in, grabs the relic (a lamp that looks like it was made by the Dwemer of the Elder Scrolls) and falls to her knees crying.

The remnants of Team Evil barely holding on, mainly through Emerald's assurance that Cinder won't let them down. Then Yang comes up the elevator with Relic in hand and Emerald just breaks. As she cries, Salem appears as she does in the opening credits, larger than life and even creepier, and looks to attack. No damage is done, but Team Evil is gone. Ozpin claims it was an illusion, but an accurate depiction of Salem. Ozpin falls back and Oscar takes over, telling Qrow the next mission: get your ass (and the lamp) to Mars Atlas. Meanwhile the two huntsman teams hug it out, reunited at last. (Odds are Oscar or Sun are going to join Jaune's team to fill the missing gap in their roster, I bet on Sun, myself.)

Hazel, with an unconscious Emerald on his shoulder and Mercury at his heels, is running. Adam sees them from a tree.

Finally, Taiyang is watering some flowers when he hears a portal open and sees a black feather fall on the ground.

Fall Maiden powers are not addressed, not going to Ruby, Emerald, or (at least explicitly) Raven, and Salem seems unaware of what's going on. I expected Wattz to save her, but neither her death nor that Atlesian Doctor made any appearance at all. Yang, however, makes it very clear that Raven killed the previous Spring Maiden, and Raven considers it a mercy because she wasn't cut out for the role.

Spoiler: V5C14 My take
    Show
    Pretty good. Not much violence, but a lot of verbal (and well earned) ownage. The girls have grown up a lot. I admit I've never hated Sun, but I think he's pretty good here: he doesn't do anything stupid and he's supportive without being domineering. Emerald continues to walk a fine line between sympathetic villain and redeemable, making her unique in Team Evil.

Next volume seems to be Atlas, at least for Qrow and (probably) Oscar. With Atlas turtling the way it is, it might not be possible for the rest of the crew to get there, leaving them to head to Vacuo and defend that relic instead? Either way, I think the volume ended on a high note, despite the lack of violence.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Show
    Counter-point, I have been given no reason to believe that Mercury,
    Emerald, and Hazel can outrun (or kill) the average citizen of Menagerie and Emerald's Semblance makes airship pursuit very...questionable at best considering they have single pilots from the look of things.

Not including the fact that Leo, a member still in good standing with the Minstral Council right now, is being attacked by a bunch of Huntsmen and Huntresses from Beacon when everyone is worried about an oncoming war. And the only defense Qrow and company have is...they're representing a secret conspiracy hiding the existence of actual magic and gods and defending magical 'maidens' and 'relics' from the so-called leader of the Grimm that no one has ever heard about before or have any evidence about at the behest of an immortal reincarnating wizard from a fairy tale.

Maybe Blake, Sun, and Ghira can help out inside the Big Room, but the police? They have EVERY reason to side with Leo and anyone Leo says is on his side, not the foreign kids wrecking Haven Academy.
    Especially considering there is no proof they can offer that Leo is corrupt.

In other words, they might grab Adam right now, might, but the rest? There is plenty of reasons and explanations for them to escape. Er....except for Cinder.

Show

Yeah, and robots, unlike grimm, somehow can have a soul and conduct aura. That makes me wonder is Tyrian's new robot tale (or Yang's robot arm) made from dead Penny?
    Probably not. Machines and weapons have always been able to act as a conduit for Aura, we've known that since Volume 1. There's no reason why Aura wouldn't protect fake limbs.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-01-20 at 04:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Show

It's probably the same technology.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Penny is perma dead. What's the point of making a robot that's designed to take the place of human beings so humans don't die indestinguishable from a human being unless they can be rebuilt?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Counter-point, I have been given no reason to believe that Mercury,
    Emerald, and Hazel can outrun (or kill) the average citizen of Menagerie and Emerald's Semblance makes airship pursuit very...questionable at best considering they have single pilots from the look of things.

Maybe Blake, Sun, and Ghira can help out inside the Big Room, but the police? They have EVERY reason to side with Leo and anyone Leo says is on his side, not the foreign kids wrecking Haven Academy.
    Especially considering there is no proof they can offer that Leo is corrupt.

In other words, they might grab Adam right now, might, but the rest? There is plenty of reasons and explanations for them to escape. Er....except for Cinder.
    Spoiler: S5E13 Edit it was always 13 not 14
    Show
    I assume you mean that you were given no reason to believe that Mercury and Emerald CAN’T outrun or kill to escape. We’ve been given plenty of reasons to think they can escape (and are willing to kill). Hazel might be able to escape but its less clear he’s willing to kill innocent uninvolved with Ozpin.

Leo isn’t sitting as pretty as you say. For one, Ozpin’s group doesn’t have to go into details about magic, he allied with the KNOWN CRIMINALS (Emerald and Mercury) who work with Adam Taurus to DESTROY HAVEN ACADEMY. That story can be backed up with a cursory check of what Leo’s been up to (such as sending huntsmen to their death, removing security from Haven Academy, and hanging out with Salem’s crowd). Also, Leo is a coward and probably give himself away upon being accused.

The above assumes that Ozpin doesn’t have conspirators in the Mistral government who would just believe Qrow.

Probably not. Machines and weapons have always been able to act as a conduit for Aura, we've known that since Volume 1. There's no reason why Aura wouldn't protect fake limbs.
    Seconded. Machines, weapons, and inanimate objects are explicitly conduits for auras. That’s the explanation for how stuff like swordfish, leaks, and breadsticks were usable as weapons back in S2E1.

The only thing that can’t be a conduit for aura is apparently grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's probably the same technology.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Penny is perma dead. What's the point of making a robot that's designed to take the place of human beings so humans don't die indestinguishable from a human being unless they can be rebuilt?
    1. Its not clear Penny was designed to be reproducible and to take the place of human beings (unless you can quote something to that effect) 2. Regardless of her purpose Penny was clearly built as a one-of-a-kind individual creation. 3. She stated that she “had a soul” and can project aura and its entirely not clear that that sort of thing be “rebuilt” restored and certainly not replaced.

Lastly, even if she was rebuilt, the whole soul thing means that it might not be “Penny” that was rebuilt. Instead, you would get another Penny.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2018-01-20 at 11:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: RWBY Vol 5 Chapter 14
    Show

Yang. Hey mom, long time no see!

Lets have a bitch down with some exposition.

Yang: What do you mean I have two adopted sisters?

Raven: Yes you have two other sisters Yang, adopted when I got my cigarettes, question the truth and everything Ozpin and Qrow told you!

Raven: Also those two sisters of yours are both dead, one of them is dead right over there that is her lifeless body we are standing next to. The other... well I am now the spring maiden for I killed your other sister even though she trusted me and cared for me for she was weak.... I your mother Raven killed your other sister for the maiden power...I did what I need to survive, yet you stand there, shaking! How dare you, my only living daughter!

Yang: You are horrible, stay away from me and Ruby, and leave us the relic.

Raven: Okay.

Raven: Let me fly away like a little birdie, and lets go see Tai-Yang and try to make you another sister Yang, time for some sexy time near the sunflowers.

----

My god Raven is horrible.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: S5E14
    Show
    I assume you mean that you were given no reason to believe that Mercury and Emerald CAN’T outrun or kill to escape. We’ve been given plenty of reasons to think they can escape (and are willing to kill). Hazel might be able to escape but its less clear he’s willing to kill innocent uninvolved with Ozpin.

Leo isn’t sitting as pretty as you say. For one, Ozpin’s group doesn’t have to go into details about magic, he allied with the KNOWN CRIMINALS (Emerald and Mercury) who work with Adam Taurus to DESTROY HAVEN ACADEMY. That story can be backed up with a cursory check of what Leo’s been up to (such as sending huntsmen to their death, removing security from Haven Academy, and hanging out with Salem’s crowd). Also, Leo is a coward and probably give himself away upon being accused.

The above assumes that Ozpin doesn’t have conspirators in the Mistral government who would just believe Qrow.
    Show
    Yeah, all my posts are on my phone right now so...expect some mistakes on my part. I indeed meant that Emerald, Mercury, and Hazel should have no trouble getting away.

On Leo: Are Emerald and Mercury known criminals? I mean Emerald was a thief but that's hardly a smoking gun. CCT went down in Beacon and Emerald and Mercury's involvement in the Fall of Beacon is NOT obvious. In fact only the protagonists and Ozlin's inner circle know they had ANY role in it from what I recall so how can they make Emerald and Mercury wanted without fabricating evidence?

Same thing with the White Fang. There isn't anything linking Leo to the White Fang and everything to suggest that the White Fang just has it out for all the Academies.

And what would a quick check into Leo's affairs reveal? He's sending huntsmen on missions? ...well that's part of his job of being on the Council. He's removed security from Haven? School isn't in, Mistral needs all hands on deck and ready in case of war and without knowledge of the Relic there's no immediate need to protect Haven itself if no one is there. He's been hanging with Salem's crowd? ...so what? So far (this could change) none of them are known criminals or ne're-do-wells and there is no reason that associating with them would implicate Leo.

There is a way more rational explanation for Leo's behavior than he's a traitor to Haven at a quick glance which is all that matters because that's all anyone is going to get before the immediate damage is done. Sure, if they look harder they might find the Seer Grimm, some connection to the White Fang, or that he was selling out Huntsmen. They might find a wealth of information that would incriminate Leo but again...in this battle there is absolutely no reason for the police not to listen to Leo.

Barring that last thing you mentioned, that'd do it. Thing is...it wouldn't surprise me that Ozpin has been up to even more shady crap and has been secretly undermining the headmaster, his chosen confidants, but do we need MORE evidence of that? It'd be overwhelming at this point and more importantly Ozpin seems to trust the headmasters implicitly..even when presented with information that something is wrong with Leo he's wary but not overtly suspicious. Leo would probably incriminate himself though.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Yeah, all my posts are on my phone right now so...expect some mistakes on my part. I indeed meant that Emerald, Mercury, and Hazel should have no trouble getting away.

On Leo: Are Emerald and Mercury known criminals? I mean Emerald was a thief but that's hardly a smoking gun. CCT went down in Beacon and Emerald and Mercury's involvement in the Fall of Beacon is NOT obvious. In fact only the protagonists and Ozlin's inner circle know they had ANY role in it from what I recall so how can they make Emerald and Mercury wanted without fabricating evidence?

Same thing with the White Fang. There isn't anything linking Leo to the White Fang and everything to suggest that the White Fang just has it out for all the Academies.

And what would a quick check into Leo's affairs reveal? He's sending huntsmen on missions? ...well that's part of his job of being on the Council. He's removed security from Haven?
    Spoiler: S5E14 Really 14 this time final episode stuff inside
    Show
    I would have responded speculatively that they you’re reading too much into things. Leo wouldn’t hide his affairs like that and anyway, they would just want to wrap things up at this point of the volume and find an excuse to put Leo away since he has no purpose in the story anymore, maybe even have Salem kill Leo to clean up her mess.

However, before I posted I saw episode 14 and lo and behold...the latter happened.

Also more intesting stuff. They RT chose the route to wrap things up in a neat little Blake bow and Raven basically gets out logicked by Yang like I sort of predicted and then flees cause she doesn’t know what the heck she’s doing anymore. Also Raven totally killed the maiden, and Yang figured it out awhile ago.

Cinder’s apparently gone enough (if she’s not gone gone she’s gone as far as this volume is concerned, Emerald’s semblance powered up, and Adam is still with team Salem. Of the matters resolved the only thing that bothers me what the heck is Adam going to do now that he was just brought down a peg or six by Blake.

I find the choice to wrap the volume up nicely a bit odd here. We have six to get to! The story clearly has much more to it. Yet this feels like the end of a story arc. We’ve mostly tied up a lot of the loose ends as well as plot arcs planned since even Season 2. There’s some left and they are mostly if not all related to Atlas.

Next Volume they’ll be plenty to keep the heroes busy there, between Ironwood, the Schnees, and Watts ability to command robots, RWBY will have a hard time doing whatever it is they need to get done, although I’d like to see a villain like Cinder they can actually get bested by as a combat opponent. Tyrian with an upgrade (along with whatever use Adam Mercury Emerald are) can do something. I’m not sure what they’ll even use Emerald or Adam for.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S5E14 Really 14 this time final episode stuff inside
    Show
    I would have responded speculatively that they you’re reading too much into things. Leo wouldn’t hide his affairs like that and anyway, they would just want to wrap things up at this point of the volume and find an excuse to put Leo away since he has no purpose in the story anymore, maybe even have Salem kill Leo to clean up her mess.

However, before I posted I saw episode 14 and lo and behold...the latter happened.

Also more intesting stuff. They RT chose the route to wrap things up in a neat little Blake bow and Raven basically gets out logicked by Yang like I sort of predicted and then flees cause she doesn’t know what the heck she’s doing anymore. Also Raven totally killed the maiden, and Yang figured it out awhile ago.

Cinder’s apparently gone enough (if she’s not gone gone she’s gone as far as this volume is concerned, Emerald’s semblance powered up, and Adam is still with team Salem. Of the matters resolved the only thing that bothers me what the heck is Adam going to do now that he was just brought down a peg or six by Blake.

I find the choice to wrap the volume up nicely a bit odd here. We have six to get to! The story clearly has much more to it. Yet this feels like the end of a story arc. We’ve mostly tied up a lot of the loose ends as well as plot arcs planned since even Season 2. There’s some left and they are mostly if not all related to Atlas.

Next Volume they’ll be plenty to keep the heroes busy there, between Ironwood, the Schnees, and Watts ability to command robots, RWBY will have a hard time doing whatever it is they need to get done, although I’d like to see a villain like Cinder they can actually get bested by as a combat opponent. Tyrian with an upgrade (along with whatever use Adam Mercury Emerald are) can do something. I’m not sure what they’ll even use Emerald or Adam for.
    Spoiler: v5c14
    Show

It does seem weird to leave Adam around, since without the White Fang he doesn't have any special powers. I think keeping him is mostly an opportunity preservation move. I assume he's just going to fill a named minion role for a while until he either dies or something worthwhile for him to do comes up. In that sense it provides more freedom to have Emerald and Mercury do something other than just play the minion role for a while - such as search for Cinder (if she survived, I believe with the elevator up she would have to go through the relic door to leave the vault and who knows where that would put her) or potentially betray Salem in some way. The fact that Emerald conjured a vision of Salem that was such pure unadulterated horror suggests she's not all that keen on being on Team Salem.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: V5Ch14
    Show
    Adam is still around for a very simple reason...for one, the White Fang as ita wen under Adam isn't finished yet.
    At best, its just been hurt by the decimation of the Mistral branch tjere is still the Vale branch and I'd wager the Atlas and Vacuo branches as well. That's why I'm surprised that Blake is apparently rejoining RWBY now when the White Fang isn't finished yet and restoring/replacing it is still a subject of interest for Blake. So he still holds a ise for Salem and company, but I'd wager Adam is going to be forced to be more diplomatic about matters after he bungled things up like he did.

As for whatever use Emerald and Mercury serve...both are still incredibly dangerous combatants in their own right. They don't get defeated in this battle (in a fight anyway), they retreat because they can't win anymore.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: V5Ch14
    Show
    Adam is still around for a very simple reason...for one, the White Fang as ita wen under Adam isn't finished yet.
    At best, its just been hurt by the decimation of the Mistral branch tjere is still the Vale branch and I'd wager the Atlas and Vacuo branches as well. That's why I'm surprised that Blake is apparently rejoining RWBY now when the White Fang isn't finished yet and restoring/replacing it is still a subject of interest for Blake. So he still holds a ise for Salem and company, but I'd wager Adam is going to be forced to be more diplomatic about matters after he bungled things up like he did.

As for whatever use Emerald and Mercury serve...both are still incredibly dangerous combatants in their own right. They don't get defeated in this battle (in a fight anyway), they retreat because they can't win anymore.
    Show
    I think the idea that Adam's White Fang is still active and Blake needs to take it down smacks a lot like the idea that the Mistral police would side with Leo. Both ideas are overly complicated predictions and take the story off on an unnecessary tangent.

Adam brought the Vale White Fang to Mistral and brought along the Mistral White Fang with him on his operation at Haven (they then fled or joined the Menagerie White Fang when they arrived). To say otherwise might be a reasonable way to imagine how the group politics might work in a vacuum, but is utterly ridiculous in light of the direction of the story.

Adam's leadership was contested this episode, and that contest determined that Ghira would head the new White Fang (they even stated it!). They also stated that no one would follow Adam anymore now that he has abandoned his people by running away. I trust Illia and the rest of Blake's friends and family and their assessment of the situation.

This frees up Blake to rejoin RWBY without getting tied down in a separate plot that's already has been given its conclusion. The story no longer needs White Fang terrorists.

The only problem is, that leaves Adam without followers and diminished. I have a feeling he will work for Salem, as he has enough sunk costs with her that he's likely to see things through. This may put him in a similar situation to Cinder in the last volume, working through his issues while preparing his revenge on RWBY.

Emerald and Mercury, meanwhile, are in much the same position as Adam. They've just lost their purpose. It seems worse in this case because Emerald has explicitly said she couldn't care less about Salem and has several times given signals that she's afraid of Salem and the grimm. I see Emerald as the most likely turncoat going forward but in the meantime I imagine Salem having them work on her next project in Atlas.

Perhaps that project has nothing to do with the maiden this time and they are just going to try to go after RWBY and company and retrieve the relic.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    I think the idea that Adam's White Fang is still active and Blake needs to take it down smacks a lot like the idea that the Mistral police would side with Leo. Both ideas are overly complicated predictions and take the story off on an unnecessary tangent.

Adam brought the Vale White Fang to Mistral and brought along the Mistral White Fang with him on his operation at Haven (they then fled or joined the Menagerie White Fang when they arrived). To say otherwise might be a reasonable way to imagine how the group politics might work in a vacuum, but is utterly ridiculous in light of the direction of the story.

Adam's leadership was contested this episode, and that contest determined that Ghira would head the new White Fang (they even stated it!). They also stated that no one would follow Adam anymore now that he has abandoned his people by running away. I trust Illia and the rest of Blake's friends and family and their assessment of the situation.

This frees up Blake to rejoin RWBY without getting tied down in a separate plot that's already has been given its conclusion. The story no longer needs White Fang terrorists.

The only problem is, that leaves Adam without followers and diminished. I have a feeling he will work for Salem, as he has enough sunk costs with her that he's likely to see things through. This may put him in a similar situation to Cinder in the last volume, working through his issues while preparing his revenge on RWBY.

Emerald and Mercury, meanwhile, are in much the same position as Adam. They've just lost their purpose. It seems worse in this case because Emerald has explicitly said she couldn't care less about Salem and has several times given signals that she's afraid of Salem and the grimm. I see Emerald as the most likely turncoat going forward but in the meantime I imagine Salem having them work on her next project in Atlas.

Perhaps that project has nothing to do with the maiden this time and they are just going to try to go after RWBY and company and retrieve the relic.
    Spoiler: V5 Ch14
    Show
    ...neither the Haven police siding with Leo or the violent White Gang refusing to side with Ghira are overly complicated. I'd go so far as to wager Leo was killed because that was the only way he could get comeuppance for his actions.

More importantly, I don't trust Blake and Illya's read of the White Fang. Blake has been wrong about the White Fang time and time again (they wouldn't work with humans and they wouldn't be at Menagerie being the stand out examples).

Cause in this very Volume they establish Adam as being extremely popular in the White Fang. Not just Vale. So devoted that when the HUMAN allies that Adam put them in bed with get a whole ton of WF killed in the tunnels leading to Vale, they still unquestioningly continued to follow Adam. Why would what happened at Haven change that? Especially since no one from the WF who wasn't arrested can say Adam was perfectly willing to kill them all.

Even without that the WF is composed of angry Faunus that want to lash out at humanity at this point. They aren't going to stop doing that just because Adam is gone and if they do, there needs to be a darn good reason for it. Right now there isn't one.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: V5 Ch14
    Show
    ...neither the Haven police siding with Leo or the violent White Gang refusing to side with Ghira are overly complicated. I'd go so far as to wager Leo was killed because that was the only way he could get comeuppance for his actions.

Even without that the WF is composed of angry Faunus that want to lash out at humanity at this point. They aren't going to stop doing that just because Adam is gone and if they do, there needs to be a darn good reason for it. Right now there isn't one.
    Show

Your prediction that the violent terrorist White Fang will continue is based on, rather reasonable, in-universe characteristics. As is your read on the notion that Mistral’s authorities would side with Leo.

My contention is based on the narrative itself. It serves no purpose to have terrorist WF in the story anymore. What’s more, we certainly don’t want them tying up Blake and keeping her from rejoining RWBY. Is it a strech that sidelining Adam means stopping an entire social movement...maybe, but its the sort of stretch that makes a heroic narrative work without tying the hero up in menial tasks that don’t provide for good drama.

The WF had their arc, new encounters won’t necessarily make for good drama, there are other enemies that can be used. The idea that the White Fang itself was redeemed is a message of this story arc. Basically, it makes the most sense to have the White Fang go good to keep the narrative clean and simple on a secondary plot that is no longer relevant going forward.

Similarly, Leo, regardless of how much power it was implied he possessed politically, was never going to be saved by the Mistral police, because his role in the story was over and the heroes need to be able to shift to their next mission without getting involved in local Mistral politics.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    For some out-of-universe reasoning, I suspect the reason Blake & co. are making a Faunus organization with a new name is precisely because we haven't seen the last of the White Fang. Otherwise they could just get on with the whole 'taking back the White Fang' thing they said they were going to do.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Show
    For some out-of-universe reasoning, I suspect the reason Blake & co. are making a Faunus organization with a new name is precisely because we haven't seen the last of the White Fang. Otherwise they could just get on with the whole 'taking back the White Fang' thing they said they were going to do.
    Spoiler: V5C14
    Show
    Ok I see it in 15:00-15:20. Illia says that no one will follow him after he runs away and the white fang will be left divided. Ghira then says the "its time for a new brotherhood... a new family for faunus truly working towards a better world." So there will be a new organization with a new leader seeking unity. Meanwhile, the suggestion is the White Fang, bereft of Adam, will be left divided.

This is still "in universe" evidence that the White Fang has many terrorist branches left. Its stronger evidence than previously stated (its a statement made in universe rather than an inference from characteristics of the White Fang) but it still comes up short in terms of the narrative purpose.

If the White Fang still has terrorist branches existing and operating is there much reason for them to fight RWBY and work as Salem go to pawns?

Now the table is set if they want to do this. Atlas is isolated and the inter-kingdom communication is down so what's going on with the Atlas branch is anyone's guess. The question is what would be served by using this go to group rather than the mad scientists of Atlas, or the military splinter group (or even the military given how off the rails Ironwood is) or the Schnee Dust Company.

Atlas is full of potential tools and pawns for Salem, to eschew all that and go with the old standards for Season 6 would probably be less interesting.