New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Talid

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Talid

Does a talid enchanted as a weapon take any slot at all (meaning the off-hand slot really, barring two-handed weapons, because it explicitly won't be taking the gloves slot)?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Talid

You're right as far as I've been able to figure it. The only practical RAW limit for talid enchantment is your bank balance.

The gauntlet axe shares some of that odd quality. Less likely to be used, since it's Superior and the talid is Simple.

Isn't it ironic that the monk doesn't get talid or spiked gauntlet proficiency?
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yea unlike the spiked gauntlet the talid does not require an additional item slot to use with a magical version. It is really nice to use for an extra passive enchantment as there are a few that you could want and are cheap eventually using a +1 bonus.
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

From reading the description: "A talid can be enchanted as either a hands slot item or as a magic weapon. When enchanted as a magic weapon, it does not occupy a character's hands slot.", doesn't a Talid either take up a Hands slot OR a Weapon slot, but not both?

To my understanding, if you're enchanting a Talid as a Magic Weapon, it won't take up your Hands slot, allowing you to use Gauntlets of Blood or something else, but disallowing you to wield a Radiant Longsword, for example.
    My current homebrews

The gods play with dice and parchment!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pramxnim View Post
    From reading the description: "A talid can be enchanted as either a hands slot item or as a magic weapon. When enchanted as a magic weapon, it does not occupy a character's hands slot.", doesn't a Talid either take up a Hands slot OR a Weapon slot, but not both?

To my understanding, if you're enchanting a Talid as a Magic Weapon, it won't take up your Hands slot, allowing you to use Gauntlets of Blood or something else, but disallowing you to wield a Radiant Longsword, for example.
    That's inaccurate only because there is no weapon slot. You can simultaneously have a wrist razor, a shoulder bow, two separate handheld weapons, and more. Even considering only weapons held in your hands, there's no RAW limitation on number of things enchanted.

Heck, there's no RAW limitation I'm aware of on number of things held in hands*, though I've never met a GM who'd buy that line of nonsense

*Excepting shields. They have limiting language.
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

hello all,

nice place to be here, i see nice comments and nice people as well, i will make it a point to come here more often to read and post comments so people and myself benefit.

Cheers!!!

toy blast free download pc
    toy blast pc game