New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: WoL is now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Who's everyone's main / favorite commander? Mine is probably Nova, but I also enjoy Abathur and Stukov quite a lot. For Protoss it used to be Alarak, but Fenix has been growing on me steadily.
    Stukov by a long shot. He can legitimately solo 3/4 of the maps with ease, has 2 major calldowns that can easily clear any Brutal wave and still have time to clear terrain, he is one of the best choices in most (but DEFINITELY not all) mutations. His only real weakness is detection because Overseers tend to die really fast, but even then standard Stukov strategy means you have a massive bank so you can just suicide in Overseers to clean up any actual stealth.

If I don't play Stukov then I'm probably playing Karax or Vorazun. Between those 3 you can beat 99% of any Brutal mutation with just a semi-competent partner.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-11-29 at 07:17 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Spamalot in the Playground

Yeah, Stukov is OP. You pretty much never need to make anything other than his hordes of infested.

I'm not nearly as good with Karax and Vora as I should be. Playing with a good Karax though is so relaxing, like taking an herbal bath.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

I like Tychus too but isn't he dead? He's not a commander in any event, unless I'm missing something big.

I mean, he would be a really cool commander (there's an empty Odin lying around the Dominion somewhere - just saying!) but if we are due another terran commander I'd rather have Tosh, nobody is using spectres yet.
    In story he is dead, yes, but he's already a Heroes of the Storm champion so that's not really a bar to his inclusion as a commander. Frankly I'd be pretty surprised if he WASN'T made a commander at some point, I feel like he would definitely be in the next 2 or 3 commanders made.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #34

I mean, HotS is different though, The Nexus explicitly includes champions living and dead. The co-op isn't canon or anything, but it does seem to mostly take place at a specific point in the story - Kerrigan is both free-willed and zerged up, Artanis and co. have the Spear of Adun, Amon is alive and has control of all three factions etc.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Stukov is OP. You pretty much never need to make anything other than his hordes of infested.

I'm not nearly as good with Karax and Vora as I should be. Playing with a good Karax though is so relaxing, like taking an herbal bath.
    Heh. Have you seen this about Karax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAM2AD0g1s

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Heh. Have you seen this about Karax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAM2AD0g1s
    I didn't! Thank you, I only saw his Overwatch stuff
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I like Tychus too but isn't he dead? He's not a commander in any event, unless I'm missing something big.

I mean, he would be a really cool commander (there's an empty Odin lying around the Dominion somewhere - just saying!) but if we are due another terran commander I'd rather have Tosh, nobody is using spectres yet.
    Oh, you said commander. I read that as character. Oops.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I like to play star 1 rather than star 2
    Everyone watch any movies, TV Show and anime with multiple subtitles at http://moviesonline.ac

9. - Top - End - #39

Maxed out all commanders and I'm now at 80 Mastery - 10 levels away from having all the "paragon points." Then I'll be diving into other games more fully.

...Until they release the next commander anyway...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy