The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Celestia's Finest: Love in the Machine

Rose has been in Love's home. It's a mansion consuming this skyscraper's floor. The elevator leads to a foyer which leads "inside." Her house is bright and white. It's open. Functional furniture is arranged with little decorative objects. The walls hold up some simple looking, yet structurally complex artwork. Most of the living room & dinning room are walled in closed windows (hard to notice at first, but not too hard) with large screens that display the outside weather - a beautiful day. The kitchen is to the right. Off to the left and away from the open 'arrival hall' is all the many rooms. Twelve Loves & sometimes Star live here so the size is almost a necessity.

Love checks her last message from Rose. She'll be over soon, any minute. It could be called luck that Rose arrives when Love is on her phone, but she is on her phone a lot. Alerted, Love yells, "Come in! I'm in the kitchen." Love is sitting on a stool, half visible, obscured by the half wall where she sits. It smells nice. A variety of meals have been made. Love does tend to want to eat a different meal every few Loves. There is only one Love here, though. She knows Rose isn't too comfortable with multiple loves around. And, Scope is sitting across from her.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-21 at 04:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Love in the Machine

Rose walks in, all smiles. She wearing a sleeveless black shirt and carries a large duffel bag around her shoulder. "Hey everyone. Sorry I'm a few minutes late, had to shower. Mmm, but it seems like I'm on time for meal service. So what's happening?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper, who had yet to dye his pelt its customary black, wore his traditional black jacket. He looked up at Rose's entrance and found a smile for her.

"Hello, Beautiful.

"I just got back from the Crystal Empire. (Diamond Hope's says 'hi'.) Love was kind enough to give me a ride and invite me to stay. That's about it on my end. How about for you?"

4. - Top - End - #4

Rose walks over to Sniper. "Hello to you too, my dark knight. I missed you," she says with a big grin. "Glad to hear Diamond is doing well. Not much happened on my end recently. Been decorating my place, working out. Chilling with Love. That sort of stuff. Love and I were going to tweak my cybernetics a bit before the next mission. Gotta be at my best for the team, you know?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Love watches with wide eyes. Did two aliens replace her friends without her knowing? This was too strange.

She sips at her coffee not sure what is going on.

6. - Top - End - #6

"So, Love, are we still up for the tweaks?" Rose asks her. She leans on the table. "Sniper can probably help out. Might be nice if the team has at least passing familiarity with my cybernetics in case I find myself in trouble and need someone to work the gauze on me."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Rose walks over to Sniper. "Hello to you too, my dark knight. I missed you," she says with a big grin.
    Buh-liiink.

Dark knight? That sounded like he was some tall, dark and handsome stallion or a crazy vigilante bat pony. Either way, what?

"Glad to hear Diamond is doing well. Not much happened on my end recently. Been decorating my place, working out. Chilling with Love. That sort of stuff. Love and I were going to tweak my cybernetics a bit before the next mission. Gotta be at my best for the team, you know?"
    "R-right." Sniper nodded slowly. He was so far off-kilter that he didn't know how to orient himself. "We all have to be at our best."

"So, Love, are we still up for the tweaks?" Rose asks her. She leans on the table. "Sniper can probably help out. Might be nice if the team has at least passing familiarity with my cybernetics in case I find myself in trouble and need someone to work the gauze on me."
    Sniper took advantage of Rose's motion to fire a half-second is this really happening? look at Love. This was not Rose. This was very not Rose. He tried to act natural.

"I don't know how much help I'd be. I'm not well versed at electronics. I could watch, but I wouldn't even know what I'm looking at."

She was really going with this, wasn't she? Did Rose really think he wouldn't find out?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

What was Love supposed to do? Act normal? Acting shouldn't be too hard.

At Scope's look Love gives more of a small head jerk toward down instead of a full nod, like a neck muscle tick.

"The lab is prepped. Are either of you hungry? The food is ready, but if you'd rather skip to working that's something we could do. As long as you promise not to get antsy while on the table Rose. We could do that. "

"You're welcome to come inside the lab Scope. I can get you a guest pass."

"We have been chilling. This vacation has been a blast so far. I think Crimson visited me in my dream last night." She smirks. To Rose, "That was the pony with the shimmering dress."

The living "room" is in between the dinning "room". It's all one big room, only separated by some well placed furniture. It'd be easy for a pony to carry a conversation on between the two areas.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Feel free to add things to the scene! It might be Love's house, but she can do some interior decorating/remodeling if the need arises

Food! Love has four different types of meals prepared. They can be almost anything. And, she probably prepared Rose's favorite since she knew she was coming over!
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-22 at 11:14 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Rose takes a long look at the food and hesitates. "Well, I'd love a bite, but maybe I should wait until after we tweak my cybernetics. I don't want to risk throwing up if we make a mistake and it causes me nausea. Once we're done, then I will totally take you up on that food."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Feel free to transition us if you want D.KnightSpider!

Getting into the lab is a pain. It takes minutes to process each pony (not because the process aren't streamlined, but because there are so many manual inputs as well!). Even Love's turn doesn't go any faster.

Hooveprints. Retinalprints. Voiceprints. DNAprints. X-ray. T-ray (Chemical tests). Explosives Scan. Weighing. A thorough “skin search” (Lose the clothes!) preformed by a mounted TechBot. Decontamination. Digital Security. Analog security. Magical Security. Unnamed Magic Scans. Unnamed Technology Scans. Every possible thing about a pony and what they bring with them is logged and processed. There is no such thing as privacy here. The good news! You probably don't need a medical check up now!

Love's lab is secured similarly to her home. There are no windows. Everything is a a wall.

The lab itself is pretty much what is expected. There is a lot of counter top space. A nanofactory sits in the middle of the room turning out goods, little clumps of matter growing as invisible forces assemble groom spray. A normal lab except more sci fi. Again, there is no privacy. There are rooms for offices or a lounge, but everything is transparent. Nothing hides here!

There are no LoveBots here either. Only ChromeBots. Except, they are Loves. They sound like Love, but they look like shiny "cheap" androids.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-22 at 12:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    At Scope's look Love gives more of a small head jerk toward down instead of a full nod, like a neck muscle tick.
    Okay. So he wasn't hallucinating. That was good, right? Although maybe he'd feel better if this were a hallucination-- then it would end and things would return to normal. Sniper swallowed nervously.

Rose takes a long look at the food and hesitates. "Well, I'd love a bite, but maybe I should wait until after we tweak my cybernetics. I don't want to risk throwing up if we make a mistake and it causes me nausea. Once we're done, then I will totally take you up on that food."
    "That makes sense. I'm not overly hungry, so I can wait as well." Sniper looked at Love. "Sorry. I promise we'll make good on your hard work as soon as we're able."

The trip through to Love's lab was enough, in and of itself, for Sniper to concede the title of 'World's Most Paranoid Pony'. For a pony who valued privacy, this was tantamount to torture and a direct violation of the Geneighva Convention. Sniper managed to suffer in silence and go with the flow. By the time everything was said and done, he felt less like a pony and more like a cheap car that had been given a rough thirty-eight point inspection.

Still, he had to give Love credit for her security measures. They were thorough to an abominable level.

"This is... a nice place." Sniper said after looking around the lab. He paused, uncertain of just what was transpiring. "Um. What sort of tweaks are you doing, exactly?"

12. - Top - End - #12

"Airport security has nothing on this place," Rose quips as she goes through what feels about as violating to equine rights as one could imagine short of having... well no, this was the worst violation period. Why did Rose put up with this again? Oh, right. Cybernetic tweaks.

Once inside, Rose sets her bag down and unzips it. "Alright, so, when I had these legs installed, they did a really inefficient job of wiring the motors together to my torso. See, I actually have wiring throughout my entire body, because the doctors weren't sure if I was going to be a crippled potato. Thankfully I was not, but the wiring in there remained. It's just inactive. This causes a problem because the leg motors are providing more strength than what my back can handle. This limits my ability to carry crap. What we're doing is wiring the hardware in my back to the leg actuators, so that the strength I exert is uniform throughout my body. This means I'll be able to carry more, and use my full cybernetic strength when I throw a punch or kick."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Love seems a little embarrassed by her friend's reservations. She has been blushing since she set up Scope's pass. His scan was much longer than every pony else while she forged him an ID in the system.

"Oh. That would be super illegal for airport security without a ton of paperwork by each pony. You waived your rights and all by volunteering."

Love nods at Rose's explanation. "A bit of wiring work shouldn't be too difficult. Here, let's get you on the table."

Past the counter tops there are more "rooms." One of them is for surgery, but it'll do for cyberware work

Love pats the operating table. To Rose, "Would you like the curtain drawn? Are you allowing Scope to be in the 'room' with us?"

14. - Top - End - #14

Rose is already getting undressed. "Scope? Uh, yeah. Already said he can help or watch if he wants. I don't have any bits he hasn't already seen before on a mare." Once she undresses, Rose hops onto the surgical table and-OH WOW THATS COLD THATS COLD!!

"eep!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The buck?

Nothing was right here. Rose's medical explanation was simple, but... off somehow. Then that mare bits talk. Sniper blinked again in surprise.

He didn't have time to comment. When Rose yelped. Sniper days forward, in spite of himself, and reached to steady her.

"Are you alright?"

16. - Top - End - #16

Rose blushes just a smidgen. "Yeah. The... table is cold. Wasn't thinking it would be so when my tush hit it. Heh, yeah." >.>

She seems to find this a little funny, even if at her own expense.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Act normal. Act like this isn't scope and rose. DoctorLove is just with a group of random patients. Love is checking out! Goodbye Rose and Scope!

"I've never seen so much fuss over a cold table. You ponies a new couple?" Love walks around prepping for work.

"I'll turn the warming elements on a little earlier next time."

She'll (ahem) Scope away so she can finish the prep on Rose, but she'll let him come back after Rose is ready to be worked on.

Love pulls her workshop closer to the table, and she starts opening Rose's legs up.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-22 at 04:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Rose will help, being that doctors are terrible patients and Rose wants to be helpful on this project until she gets forcefully told no and to lie down.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Love smacks her hoof. "Don't you dare, Rose. Are you trying to preform this work yourself? Didn't you come to me? Stop being a mechanic and be a good patient for me." She smirks. "That or I'll tie you down."

20. - Top - End - #20

She smirks. "That or I'll tie you down."
    Rose smirks in return. "Threat or promise?"

She giggles, but behaves and lies down. "Fine, fine. I brought all the cybernetic schematics for you, so you really don't need my help." She flicks her tail once left, then right. "If you're wondering, Scope, they aren't EMP resistant. Only waterproof. A surge can shut down the higher functions, but they will still move. It'll be like... walking with power armor on a low battery."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rose smirks in return. "Threat or promise?"
    Sniper's brain stopped. He started for a long moment and then managed to close his jaw and get his train of thought moving again.

This was almost too much.

"I'm-- what?" Sniper looked from Love to Rose. He summoned a reservoir of courage and tried to take advantage of a spontaneous plan. "You're... into that?"

He turned back to Love. His eyes flicked back to Rose and he nodded ever so slightly. Come on, Love. Pick up the signal.

His wings hadn't moved in the slightest. If anything, they were clamped even tighter than before.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "You're... into that?"
    "I... haven't actually experienced it," Rose admits with a sheepish look. "I don't know if I'd be into that kind of stuff. I'm just teasing Love. ...why, am I making you uncomfortable, Scope?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

"Promise!" She chuckles.

"It's been a while since I've seen the schematics. Pass them over. I'll give them a look. The job you requested shouldn't be that hard, but this will make it even easier."

Love takes the data file and hides behind her phone while she figures this out.

Joining the conversation again, she quite happily says, "I'm always about learning! Let's start with the basics."

Love pulls one of the restraining cuffs out from underneath the table. A gentleness to the motion the binding goes down Rose's leg until Love smiles in satisfaction. Her two forelegs join the cuff in holding her still. No other choice in the matter, she watches Rose while she lowers her mouth onto the tightening strap, puts her lips around it, and starts pulling away from her. Her eyes filled with an intensity, a primitive motivation. The cuff slowly tightening around her limb, Love doesn't stop until there is a slight tightness to the restraint. Hesitation in the release, Love teasingly smiles at her handy work.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-22 at 09:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Rose, now bound, just lies there. Her tail occasionally flicks, but otherwise she behaves and remains still. "Not as exciting as TV makes it out to be."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

A spark of anger widens her eyes before she stares daggers at her. "I'll make you feel it." A poison in her words.

She raises up off the floor, pushes Rose onto her back, and climbs onto the table. With some force, she sits on Roses stomach, knocking the air out of her. Another strap for another hoof. She leans over onto Rose as she reaches for a foreleg strap. Her motion creating friction between the two as she hassles the cuff near her other hoof. Love looks to the side at her. "Every hoof feels better than the last." The second cuff starts tightening around her foreleg, truly binding her to the table.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-22 at 09:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Rose blushes and coughs with the air knocked out of her. She looks over to Sniper, then back to Love. "Reminds me of a dream I once had... though he was the one sitting on me. Uh..."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sweet Celestia. This was far faster and further than he'd ever expected. Then again, he'd never seen Love work a seduction either.

Sniper darted forward and put a cautioning hoof on Love's shoulder.

"Whoa, slow down, Love. It's okay." Sniper repeated the words, this time with a double meaning. "It's okay."

He'd unintentionally caused this. He didn't want Love to think he was setting her up as the bad mare. There were a lot of surprises to be had about his Squadmates today.

His gaze found Rose's eyes. He studied them.

"Rose, are you alright?"

Show
    Oookay. That's the last time I ever expect Love to take it slow.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Someone hasn't read Love's encounter with Crimson yet?

A hoof on the shoulder gets her to turn up toward Scope. Her ear near Rose's cheek as she doesn't rise to his notice. She keeps the spicy, sultry voice. "You're her boyfriend," her tone somewhat disappointed, submissive to indicate that she'll listen to him.

Back to Rose, she whispers in her ear, "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. Did I take your breath away? Well, I've caught you now. A leg on bottom and a foreleg. You're not going anywhere."

Love moves on top of her proper with her forelegs on either side of Rose's head. Love is looking straight down at her, six inches apart. No more whispering, "There. We're okay with this? Now, Rose. Tell me. Are you feeling alright? Tell me about your dream with Scope. What happened? He is right here. You can tell him. I could show him DreamScope. What would your beautiful cyberlegs do to him?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-11-23 at 02:20 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "Rose, are you alright?"
    "Yeah, just winded," Rose replies. She clears her throat, "But with you here I don't really feel nervous at all." She looks back into his eyes and starts to get lost in them; something she finds fascinating. It's always the eyes. The window to the soul.

Back to Rose, she whispers in her ear, "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. Did I take your breath away? Well, I've caught you now. A leg on bottom and a foreleg. You're not going anywhere."

Love moves on top of her proper with her forelegs on either side of Rose's head. Love is looking straight down at her, six inches apart. No more whispering, "There. We're okay with this? Now, Rose. Tell me. Are you feeling alright? Tell me about your dream with Scope. What happened? He is right here. You can tell him. I could show him DreamScope. What would your beautiful cyberlegs do to him?"
    Rose looks back at Love, trying to keep cool under pressure (the pressure of a mare over her). "Well, didn't expect this procedure to be quite this personal. Just be careful when you start poking inside m--wait. Phrasing." She shakes her head at herself. Silly Rose, this isn't the time for double entendre.

"Right, so about my dream. It was Sniper and I sitting on the front porch swing of a little cabin. We were snuggled together, watching two foals play in the yard. I presume maybe adopted children. One was a pegasus and the other a changeling." She glances over to Sniper to check his reaction. She doesn't want him to feel uncomfortable with just a dream.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

He wasn't comfortable, but not because of any dream. Love's proximity to Rose and the obvious tension between them was unsettling. Sniper tried to bury his unease. They had to get to the bot-- had to figure out what was going on with Rose.

"That's a nice dream." Aside from the Changeling. That was worrying and another data point in their theory. "A dream that I like, actually, since family is important to me.

"This is... very awkward timing. But since the door is open, I might as well pursue it. I've never directly asked but, Rose, that's what our relationship is about, right? Exploring things to see if we can build that sort of future?"

Hopefully, Love would be patient a few more minutes. He had to have these answers. There wouldn't be any peace otherwise.

"Are you content with our arrangement or do you want to see other ponies while we're exploring?"

Here he was asking about Rose's faithfulness while she was being straddled by another mare. It was as though the universe enjoyed using him as a chew toy.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-11-23 at 12:43 PM.