New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

Anchor always thinks that she's gotten over things. And then she catches a glimpse of something like pink eyes and-no, she really is over things this time.
    After ordering a glass of apple juice, she gives the new arrival a wave, a delighted smile on her face. While the cybernetic arm really is quite eye-catching, and the drifting pendant isn't something you see too often, Anchor's attention is on the girl's eyes (though her own are concealed behind dark sunglasses).

Compared to the other girl she's fairly small, only 4'10" high, though solidly built, and has the slightly odd look of someone who's been twenty-some years old for the past hundred years. Her clothes are a tight-fitting white riding outfit, a frilly pink tunic, sunset-red cloak, and steel-toed boots. Black hair is worn in a neat short bob cut. As for gear, there's a pair of handguns and a large weathered tome on her several (unnecessary) belts.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Anchor always thinks that she's gotten over things. And then she catches a glimpse of something like pink eyes and-no, she really is over things this time.
    After ordering a glass of apple juice, she gives the new arrival a wave, a delighted smile on her face. While the cybernetic arm really is quite eye-catching, and the drifting pendant isn't something you see too often, Anchor's attention is on the girl's eyes (though her own are concealed behind dark sunglasses).

Compared to the other girl she's fairly small, only 4'10" high, though solidly built, and has the slightly odd look of someone who's been twenty-some years old for the past hundred years. Her clothes are a tight-fitting white riding outfit, a frilly pink tunic, sunset-red cloak, and steel-toed boots. Black hair is worn in a neat short bob cut. As for gear, there's a pair of handguns and a large weathered tome on her several (unnecessary) belts.
    The new arrival waves back, not a hint of shyness. Her eyes change colour; ever so slightly yellower, but still pinkish overall. She approaches the bar to order a drink, but strides over to Anchor. 'Hi, I'm Comet.
    It's my first time in here.
    ' she says, stretching out her cybernetic arm for a handshake - but not before switching its digits to rounded, more approachable finger-replicas. Comet won't be offended if Anchor refuses the handshake - most people do. It's a shame its customary to shake the right hand, anyway, seeing as that is the side which is made of chrome. Comet smiles reassuringly; although it looks like she could crush any handshake, her cybernetic arm can also be quite gentle.

3. - Top - End - #123

"Anchor; I was born here. Pleased to meet you."
    She accepts the handshake without comment (although the swapping of fingers was a little unsettling). Her best friend has a plastic right hand, and this isn't so different.

"Can I get you a drink?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Anchor; I was born here. Pleased to meet you."
    She accepts the handshake without comment (although the swapping of fingers was a little unsettling). Her best friend has a plastic right hand, and this isn't so different.

"Can I get you a drink?"
    'Yes, please. Um, lime and soda please.'

Comet is pleased her handshake was accepted; as she feels more relaxed, her eyes become more yellow and less baby pink. As her glasses are quite strong, her eyes seem huge - it is possibly very distracting for her new company that they have changed colour. Comet brushes a stray strand (or rather, tangle) of hair out of her face absentmindedly, and it may also become apparent to Anchor that Comet has a few orangey freckles dotted about her otherwise clear skin. It is clear to see that she is not wearing any makeup; her youthful appearance is truthful.

5. - Top - End - #125

Anchor arranges for Comet's drink, amused at the phrasing of her acceptance, and takes a sip of her juice.
    "Why do your eyes do that?" she asks. If it's on purpose, how cool would that be, to change them around from moment to moment?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Anchor arranges for Comet's drink, amused at the phrasing of her acceptance, and takes a sip of her juice.
    "Why do your eyes do that?" she asks. If it's on purpose, how cool would that be, to change them around from moment to moment?
    'Huh? My eyes - oh wait, of course. I forget they do that. It's kinda annoying, it tells people how I'm perceiving people around me, if they can work out which colour means what. And, because you seem nice, I'll tell you: whatever colour my eyes are now... it means....' Comet blushes. 'It means I'm...
    feeling curious, I guess? Like, you seem interesting or uh yeah, so there's that. What are you in town for anyways? I'm looking to make some new friends to hang out with or whatever.
    '

Comet looks away quickly, suddenly nervous that she has said too much, and feeling slightly shy.

7. - Top - End - #127

Pink at first, yellow now, and that means curiosity, or perhaps not exactly curiosity. 'Like a chameleon' Anchor thinks, but doesn't say, because everyone must say that.
    "Well, it's pretty. Not like my dreary ones." One might expect Anchor to flick down her glasses and reveal her own grey-blue eyes, but she does not. She never takes off her shades in public.
    "As for why I'm here-" she considers possible answers, and picks a truth, if not a whole truth. "I am out celebrating being recovered enough to walk and ride again. The King of Vultures broke both my legs a while back, and I've been cooped up mending far too long."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pink at first, yellow now, and that means curiosity, or perhaps not exactly curiosity. 'Like a chameleon' Anchor thinks, but doesn't say, because everyone must say that.
    "Well, it's pretty. Not like my dreary ones." One might expect Anchor to flick down her glasses and reveal her own grey-blue eyes, but she does not. She never takes off her shades in public.
    "As for why I'm here-" she considers possible answers, and picks a truth, if not a whole truth. "I am out celebrating being recovered enough to walk and ride again. The King of Vultures broke both my legs a while back, and I've been cooped up mending far too long."
    'Thanks. I'd do almost anything to have my eyes stay just one colour, though.' Comet thinks for a while, before her curiousity gets the better of her and she opens her mouth in a stream-of-consciousness response. 'So, uh, a King of the Vultures? Doesn't sound very nice to me... I bet he was nasty. Was he nasty? Bet he was ugly too. Proper ugly. Do you need a hand breaking his legs in retaliation? I'd break his legs in retaliation. Definitely. Both legs? At once? Sounds painful. Ouch. And uh, you ride? That's cool.'

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "I see," Devero responds in an obscure manner making it hard to determine whether he did so with a mournful sigh, or a slightly amused chuckle, but in actual fact it was a mixture of both.

Devero's eyes look to Cherie with the slightest fascination of her home city, "do you return often?" he smiles, "it sounds like a lively place to have grown up."
    "I take every opportunity I can to return home. Of the city-states in Eorzea, it is Limsa Lominsa that continues to hold my heart." Cherie grins. "If you find the means, do come and visit. You might find new friends there."

10. - Top - End - #130

"I do know a guy who takes all the color out of eyes. I mean, it's definitely gonna be possible somehow."
    Anchor grins and nods.
    "Real nasty, real ugly. Wings were like, as big as this inn, but with claws all over the ends of them, and he had long teeth sticking out of his mouth pointing every which way. The real issue was the smell- but I stabbed him...a couple of times, so I don't think I need help with revenge. We can call it even." The hesitation: if you get in two good stabbing motions with a trident, is that stabbing someone twice, or six times?
    "Thanks. I'm not really very good at it. How about you? I mean, what sort of things do you get up to?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I do know a guy who takes all the color out of eyes. I mean, it's definitely gonna be possible somehow."
    Anchor grins and nods.
    "Real nasty, real ugly. Wings were like, as big as this inn, but with claws all over the ends of them, and he had long teeth sticking out of his mouth pointing every which way. The real issue was the smell- but I stabbed him...a couple of times, so I don't think I need help with revenge. We can call it even." The hesitation: if you get in two good stabbing motions with a trident, is that stabbing someone twice, or six times?
    "Thanks. I'm not really very good at it. How about you? I mean, what sort of things do you get up to?"
    Comet shrugs, 'Well, I suppose I don't mind them enough for such drastic measures.'

At the description, Comet merely nods; she's heard of similarly gross, scary monsters. (As for the stabbing, I reckon if there's six puncture wounds, its six times. Depends if all the points of the trident pierced the skin?)

Comet ponders the question, before launching into her answer: 'Well, I'm mostly studying at the moment. I - uh - have a little project I'm working on. See, I like making things. Like, I really like making things. I'm making something at the moment - and I am researching the best technique to use. It's very boring and technical I assure you. But I have, uh, some light reading in my bag here.'

Comet reaches for her backpack, and pulls out a surprisingly weighty tome, entitled Techniques for the Advanced Crafter. It seems really bland on first glance, but as Comet flicks through the pages, it is apparent that not only does it contain many intricate illustrations, it also has lots of notes scrawled round the margins in spidery black writing.

12. - Top - End - #132

Six times then.
    "Well, go on. What sort of thing are you making? I mean, everyone makes something from time to time, but I feel like you're focused on something pretty particular."
    Anchor leans over to get a better look at the book.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton smiles at Oliver.
    “That’s certainly the hope!”
    He turns to Naku.
    “Tea sounds lovely.”
    "Then I will try to get you some seeds when I can. I'm afraid I don't have any currently on me, and will have to go make a trip to get some. For right now though is just drinks and some relaxing though."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Six times then.
    "Well, go on. What sort of thing are you making? I mean, everyone makes something from time to time, but I feel like you're focused on something pretty particular."
    Anchor leans over to get a better look at the book.
    'I say something, well, it's actually a collection of things. Y'see, there's a foul creature called the Bowelpaw, like a great bear with claws. You can guess from the name, it's quite unpleasant. And to successfully defeat this beast, there is a theory... that there will be four challenges. So, I've been working on this for some time.... I need to craft four particular objects, one to help with each challenge. Well, with what my research suggests the four challenges will be.'

Comet pauses, unsure whether she is boring her companion already. She doesn't want to get too technical, but the objects she crafts are magic of sorts, a magic forged by the intricacy of the object; each facet in its surface would add to the power of the object. So it's very painstaking work. Comet in fact uses a particular set of 'fingers' on her cybernetic arm to make fine details in the objects she creates.

The first object she ever made was the relatively smooth seeming stone on a chain that she wears as her gravity-ignoring necklace. She's fond of it, although it seems relatively useless. The objects she is aiming to create now are much more technically demanding, although if one were to look closely at the side of the necklace against Comet's chest, they would see that it is much less smooth, with intricate swirls and diamond shapes cut into it.

15. - Top - End - #135

Anchor nods, a little lost by the fact that normal bears also have claws (don't they? Or is that just an invention of pastry chefs?), but it's certainly an ugly name.
    "So they're tools, I mean, each object does something for the challenge? Or are they more like keys? Although I guess what I'm really wondering is how you got involved in that? Overcoming these challenges."
    Her gaze goes to the cybernetic arm; that's an item useful for overcoming challenges, certainly.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Anchor nods, a little lost by the fact that normal bears also have claws (don't they? Or is that just an invention of pastry chefs?), but it's certainly an ugly name.
    "So they're tools, I mean, each object does something for the challenge? Or are they more like keys? Although I guess what I'm really wondering is how you got involved in that? Overcoming these challenges."
    Her gaze goes to the cybernetic arm; that's an item useful for overcoming challenges, certainly.
    The Bowelpaw has bigger than average claws, and has the additional attribute of smelling of faecal matter. (So there's that, I guess?)

Comet smiles, but her eyes turn back to unsure baby pink; she is unsure whether she can trust Anchor with all the details, and fears she may have said too much already. So, she is rather more guarded with her answer.

'Well, they are tools, of sorts. And it's an inherited challenge; see, the Bowelpaw has...... something valuable, that my father was searching for. Before he, uh, died. The writing in my textbook is mostly my father's; although my handwriting is very similar.'

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lynton smiles at Oliver.
    “That’s certainly the hope!”
    He turns to Naku.
    “Tea sounds lovely.”
    Oliver suddenly anounces, "Nope, never seen it!" He takes a sip of his drink and says, with mischief in his eyes, "If somebody less moral than you happens to own it, well, let's just say that I can fix that." While he says this, he raises his eyebrows, showing that he is hinting at what you think he's hinting at.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

18. - Top - End - #138

Anchor smiles, but only slightly. Pink eyes, not 'curious' anymore. She starts to realize how annoying it could be to wear your feelings on your skin like that. She doesn't get into making people think your eye color reflected your emotional state when actually you controlled it.
    "Ah, okay. I wish you luck with that. I mean, if you've been working on it all that time."
    Trying to find this monster, cheat the challenges, and scoop the valuable something that will probably just turn out to be a worthless family heirloom? No thanks. She could offer help, but Comet doesn't seem to want any.
    "The things I craft, heh, nothing like what you've got in that book." She pinches the air in front of her, grasping a bit of light from the fireplace. A little bit of folding and twisting, and there's a monarch butterfly standing in her open palm, fluttering its wings. Or something that looks very like one, at least.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Then I will try to get you some seeds when I can. I'm afraid I don't have any currently on me, and will have to go make a trip to get some. For right now though is just drinks and some relaxing though."
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver suddenly anounces, "Nope, never seen it!" He takes a sip of his drink and says, with mischief in his eyes, "If somebody less moral than you happens to own it, well, let's just say that I can fix that." While he says this, he raises his eyebrows, showing that he is hinting at what you think he's hinting at.
    Lynton grins at both of them as he rolls up the parchment.
    "Well I'll have to keep looking then, but we can save that for another time. You both have been so kind to me and here I am rambling about myself. I would like to hear more of your stories as well."

20. - Top - End - #140

Ashley is at the bar again. She's leaning down on the counter, staring at the bottom of a mug of beer, and not doing much else. She blinks a few times, and lets out the occasional sigh, so at least she's definitely alive.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

A centauress arrives at the bar, having hauled some goods to Mist on behalf of the Fort. Centaurs say they don’t like being used for things like that but Willa needs to have people owe her favors if she wants to have more than one fur coat. At the moment the simple one she has is it.

She’s a fit young, curvaceous woman with long black hair attached to the body of a large white horse. She pauses a moment to look at Ashely after Mist thanks her for the delivery.
    ”Hey you all right? You look like someone ditched you or something.” she asks with some pity in her voice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #142

Ashley briefly lifts her face up to look at Willa, then she chuckles and lets herself down again.

"Ditched? Yeah, I guess you could say that." She lifts her head up to take a pull of beer. "What about it?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa tries to sidle up to Ashley.
    "I can't let a girl sit around miserable on a day like today! C'mon, let me help ya out. I won't even make you pay for my drink." she insists with a smile.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lynton grins at both of them as he rolls up the parchment.
    "Well I'll have to keep looking then, but we can save that for another time. You both have been so kind to me and here I am rambling about myself. I would like to hear more of your stories as well."
    "Well," Oliver says slightly hesitantly. "I used to be a thief, not caring who I stole from. I was known as The Obese Offender, or something along those lines. Then, I stole from the wrong person. They caught me, but rather than throw me in jail, they redeemed me. Now, I'm like Robin Hood, but instead of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, I steal from the villains and give to the kind people of the world."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

25. - Top - End - #145

Ashley doesn't stop Willa from moving next to her. She's not sure she could even muster up the energy to try.

"Not like I have enough money to buy other people's drinks anyway. All the magic in the world at my fingertips and I still can't get a job."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa smiles, loosening her fur coat and pulling it off to lay it down over her lower back. Under it she's wearing a midriff-exposing top. She's not sure why but she's always seemed oddly resistant to cold as a centaur. She only needs the one thick coat for when she's outside.
    "What? I doubt that. Even someone hopeless as me has a job, even if my qualifications are questionable and it took me a few years. If you ever saw me dance for a spirit, you'd probably agree." she says. She's sort of getting used to the skill. Sort of.

27. - Top - End - #147

Willa mentioning spirits gets Ashley to at least move her eyes at her, paying almost no attention to her top. "Dancing for spirits? Never heard of that. I just take a trip to the spirit world if I want to talk to one." The spirits she's referring to are almost certainly different from Willa's.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ooh, astral projection? Sounds all mystical-like. I've never been able to do anything besides goading something to show up and help out for a fee. You're some kind of magic big-shot then?" she asks, trying to flatter some confidence into this woman.

29. - Top - End - #149

"Not astral projection - I physically go there. Can't stay for very long without serious protection, though." Ashley sighs. "Maybe back home. Here I'm just one of hundreds of wizards. Except I live in a big metal box while everyone else gets to have a tower, or a fancy room in one of the orgs, or at least a house."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Willa gives an awkward look to the side.
    "I mean...I live in a stall, my face about three feet and a piece of wood from Nova's rump. You have a place to yourself." she grumbles. Now, Corvus is trying to build them a place, but that'll probably take ages.