New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

HALO is hosting Thanksmas this year, and the party will begin soon

But first, it’s decorating time!

Felandria and Reinholdt have assigned Nurse to decorate the place for the holiday, and by assigned, of course, we mean “let do because it makes her happy!”

Meanwhile, anyone else who is a member and wants to help set up is free to do so.

Once everything is fully decorated, the festivities will begin in earnest.

HALO’s multiple kitchens will be busy preparing various nummy treats and hot cocoas for everyone while Fel casts some spells inside some of the larger areas of the facility to ensure that there is plenty of room for all the Thanksmas activities, including, of course, the brand new retrofitted Pin The Knife On The Duck VR 4D experience.

And in addition to all the usual gift giving between friends and the gifts the various Santa’s will be doling out, there will be a Secret Santa gift exchange this year if anyone wants to participate.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2019-12-02 at 05:27 AM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

Holly the Half-ElfTM, who is a member, is around and decides to help. As usual, she has a floral-themed skirt (not! Thanksmas-themed! Unless there's lots of flowers for Thanksmas.), flowering vines braided into her black hair, and pretty-looking make-up.

She had some time off, apparently, and was around so she decided to help set up.

She's carrying some of the treats out from the kitchen to the area. "So this is the table for these, right?" she asks whoever seems to be in charge and nearby, as she starts placing them on the table.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post

Felandria and Reinholdt have assigned Nurse to decorate the place for the holiday, and by assigned, of course, we mean “let do because it makes her happy!”
    And from one of the hallways is the sound of happy, happy, happy humming!
    Also quiet singing! It sounds something like 'lali hooooooo, lali hooome~
    Bum bum bum ba da da, bumba da da da da BUMBA DA DAAA
    ' as her collective mass of tails swish behind her, actually dragging her to either side from their mass as they swish back and forth.

Nurse, the everfloof, seems to be stringing up lights! All over the base!
    They're, um, mostly pink.
    A lot of pink.
    Like.
    She may not know any other color of lights exist.

Either way! The decoration theme seems to be that she got in touch with Civvy. There are pine trees at just about every corner or intersection of the halls in HALO. They're piney, and in various shades of pink. From pastel to electric, to more almost lavender. Just about every hue is represented in the trees, as long as that hue is pink.
    There are lights on all the trees, and along all the walls, also in pink. Though they do alternate strategically between regular lights, and the more drape-y icicle sort of lights.
    There's also a lot of tinsel on both the trees and the walls. Entwined with the lights, making little hearts on the walls, and just anywhere she could make it fit. Though the tinsel, at least, offers some variation. Silvers, golds, purple, and the ever present pink.
    There is also just about every other holiday themed style of ornament from the nexus she could find; candles, a few festive holiday god holy symbols, and just about everything else she could get ahold of!
    Though, admittedly, all of it in some form of pink. Rose Gold, pink tinted silver, just . . . .

. . .

The festivities are very pink.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Coming up behind Nurse is a very large reindeer-taur, dressed in an almost identical dress. She makes quite a pair with Nurse, with the same dress, sleigh bells all over her lower half, and a very large, poofy tail and ears. She seems much broader though, capable of carrying the large boxes of lights she has under her arms.
    "So I got more lights, Ma'am. Where do you want me to set these?" she asks.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-11-17 at 11:22 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Coming up behind Nurse is a very large reindeer-taur, dressed in an almost identical dress. She makes quite a pair with Nurse, with the same dress, sleigh bells all over her lower half, and a very large, poofy tail and ears. She seems much broader though, capable of carrying the large boxes of lights she has under her arms.
    "So I got more lights, Ma'am. Where do you want me to set these?" she asks.
    "Iiii want you, my dear assistant," Nurse says, turning around, and offering a joyful smile. "To go decorate! Follow your heart! You have all the lights and tinsel and we can get more! Whatever your heart desires! We gotta make this place great!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

And so, eventually, HALO has been fully decorated for Thanksmas.

The Pikachus that usually help power the base have been given some time off, as Fel has conjure a few friendly lightning elementals, so the Pikachus run around merrily wearing little Santa hats and nom cookies.

There is plenty of food for everyone, as having two kitchens pays off, all the Thanksmas treats are on offer, as well as Nigel’s chicken fried rice and nachos.

Hot cocoa dispensers can be found all over, as well as miscellaneous fruit juices.

Of course there is a huge area for ice skating and snowball fights, and many winter carnival games, not to mention the brand new Pin the Knife on the Untitled Duck Game.

And, of course, there is the area where people can get presents from Santa!

Felandria Claus takes the first shift and prepares to greet her first celebrant.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet arrives, looking somewhat nervous. She can't help it. The last time she went to a party, someone tried to murder her. The young devil is dressed heavily in a long grey winter coat designed with a large hole in the back to accommodate her wings, several colorful scarves, warm trousers, snow boots, and a festive hat perched behind her horns. She does not like the cold at all, and her high body temperature means she feels it much more acutely than most people. Sekhmet uncomfortably wanders the halls alone. It looks like she's here early? Is it always so pink?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #8

[Arrivals]

Okay.

So.

As soon as Sekhmet teleports in?

She'll find a rather interesting sight in addition to all the pink decorations everywhere.

A small, floating, pink cat-like creature! Or... really not THAT cat-like. And strictly speaking she isn't pink, either. Her fur is a creamy shade of white with a pink iridescence to it that gets caught in the light when it hits her just right. Her head is certainly feline with wide, blue eyes and little triangular ears. She has tiny little paws on equally tiny little arms, contrasting sharply with her large feet and incredibly long tail. Perhaps most amusingly, she's wearing a tiny bombardier jacket over a VaulTek uniform fitted for her, with a tiny wrist computer on her left forearm. Around her neck is a pair of flight goggles.

And on her head?

A santa hat hanging off one of her ears at a jaunty angle.

She appears to be fiddling with that wrist computer of hers while poking at one of the gates. She Sekhmet appears to darts back with an adorable little "Mew!" of surprise.

After settling, a telepathic voice will prod at Sekhmet's mind. Clearly female, and clearly not Sekhmet's own. Bright, clear, curious, and frightfully intelligent.

~How would you describe the process of teleporting over? Did you experience any discomfort?~
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet seems oddly comfortable with having someone poke around in her head, and her own telepathic voice is very clear. "I, uh, think I'm alright." She looks herself over to be sure. It wouldn't be the first time she's suddenly realized her body was altered, but she seems to be normal right now. "Hi, uh, I'm Sekhmet."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #10

[Arrivals]

~Geneva Richards,~ comes the reply, along with a very feline smile. That basically consists of her closing her eyes slightly in a very particular way. Her mouth isn't really mobile, after all. ~I didn't know they used teleport pads here. I've been trying to procure some designs to study and now I'm hoping HALO could spare the schematics.~

The floating creature prods at one of the rings.

~Well... teleport HALOS, actually. Which is thematic.~

A beat.

~Because of the organization's name.~

Haha.

It's a pun? Get it? Geneva is trying to forge personal connections through humor!

~This is the first time I've been to one of these. I've been in the Nexus for a few years, but I've never been to one of these big Thanksmas parties. Have you been to one before? What was it like?~ Geneva asks, floating a little closer to Sekhmet.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet shakes her head. This is my first time too. I haven't been here long. She seems fully comfortable conversing telepathically. She isn't just thinking the answers in her head, she's actively broadcasting them, if Geneva can tell the difference.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #12

[Arrivals]

Geneva's ears fold back slightly when Sekhmet replies, but they perk back up again pretty quickly.

~Well, we get to experience it together then!~ she replies. Then glances back and forth conspiratorially. ~I decided to come here to examine the technology and because of the party. Technically I'm here because Nick said I should take a break from work, so if you see him don't tell him that I'm working on my day off.~

Geneva is very naughty like that.

Bad manic nerd! Bad!

~Umm... you know you've been shoutcasting everything you're saying, right?~ Geneva mentions. ~Everyone within your telepathy range is hearing what you're saying to me in their head.~

Oh.

Hmm...

Whoops?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

"I'm what!?" Sekhmet's still doing it. It's probably worse, now that she's flustered. She didn't even know she could use telepathy on things outside the hive. "How do I stop?" It's hard to stop when you don't know what you're doing in the first place. Sekhmet seems a little panicky. Does this mean everyone can hear her think? She's embarrassedly glancing about at the other people nearby. It's a good thing no one can see her blush through her red skin tone.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #14

[Arrivals]

~Hey, shh, it's okay. Don't sub-vocalize. Just quiet your mind and focus on breathing for a little while,~ Geneva responds gently.

Also?

She sends a wash of calm, peaceful, quiet emotion rolling toward Sekhmet.

The little floating cat-thing puts a paw over her chest as she slooooooowly inhales.

Then gradually pushes her paw away from her chest as she gradually exhales.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath in.

Breath out.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet breathes in and out, as recommended. She doesn't have any noteworthy psychic defenses, so she can't avoid the calming influence, which helps, although she could honestly have calmed down on her own. She shakes off her nervousness as best she can, until she can keep her eyes fixed on Geneva again, not darting about the room.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-11-24 at 10:37 PM.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #16

[Arrivals]

And once everyone is nice and calm, Geneva begins speaking again.

~Imagine you're in your room. Your window is open and you've been shouting out of it. I want you to slowly, gentility close that window. I'm sitting on a chair over by your bed. Go sit on your bed. Think about the words you want to say. Don't speak them in your mind. Imagine what they look like. Write them on a little note inside your mind's eye.~

Sekhmet might feel the slightest bit of sadness leaking through Geneva's words. An old heartache that never really healed.

A scar being brought back to mind.

See, Geneva was once in a position not terribly unlike the one Sekhmet is in right now.

And it was Geneva's mother who sat her down, held her hand, and walked her through the same mental exercises.

~And once you've written your words, pass the note to me.~

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet's not sure what to make of the instructions. She does as best as she can, imagining herself in her room back at GLoG. She closes the window and sits down. She mentally scribes a note, not really knowing what to say, or how this is supposed to work. "Is this right?" Then she passes the note over to where she imagines Geneva is. She's really not sure how this mental image is supposed to help at all.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shuttle Bay?]

The airlock to one of the arriving shuttles open, disgorging its passengers. Two of them are Landon and Sszinyon, both dressed warmly for the season, with the two-tone wolf head of their family on their breasts. Both blink at the surroundings when they exit the shuttle.

"Wow! It's so Pink!" Landon exclaims.

"Yes." Sszinyon agrees, somehow grumpy about this revelation.

"And look at all the pikachus!" Landon is delighted and leads the way deeper into the base, petting pikachus along the way, and grabbing a decorated sugar cookie from a nearby tray to eat as he walks. Sszinyon follows at a distance, keeping an eye on his son, and looking for anyone he may know. Or maybe somewhere less pink.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

19. - Top - End - #19

[Arrivals]

~That's exactly right. Good job,~ comes Geneva's mental voice. Relief, gladness, a tinge of pride that it actually worked, all underscored by old melancholy. ~Remember how that feels, the difference between this and shouting the words in your mind. If you find yourself shoutcasting accidentally, just do the mental exercise again.~

There's that cute cat eye-smile again.

~And don't worry, you weren't broadcasting all your thoughts to everyone around you,~ Geneva says. And then quickly adds. ~That wasn't because I was reading your mind. I'm just guessing you had some of the same fears and anxieties I did when my telepathy first started manifesting.~

She waves a little paw down the hall and begins drifting toward where she thinks the party might be.

~You don't actually have to respond to me telepathically if you don't want. I can understand speech just fine. I just don't have a humanoid voicebox.~

And then she adds a cute little, "Mew!" to emphasis.

~I can only vocalize animal noises when I'm not disguised.~

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Sekhmet walks along with Geneva, thinking carefully back, "I think I see now, a little." She seems somewhat relieved too, that she's not letting everyone know her secret shames. "If, uh, it's all the same to you, I think I'll keep practicing." There's always room for improvement, and she clearly has a long way to go with all this psychic stuff. She didn't even realize she could do all this until now, she thought her powers were much more limited.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #21

[Arrivals]

~I'm more than happy to help someone learn! Education is the gift that keeps on giving! And there's no better way to hone your own abilities than to teach someone else,~ Geneva replies, full of funcational vigor. ~Have you ever manifested an other classes of psychic abilities? Or just telepathy? Does your family have a history of psychic manifestations?~

Boy this floating cat sure is nosy, isn't she?

Probably because she's pretty passionate about education.

On... well.

Pretty much any subject, really.

But especially subjects she's well versed in.

Geneva pauses in her questionnaire to finally take note of her surroundings.

~It sure is pink in here. I thought Thanksmas colors were red, white, green, and orange? Maybe with a little gold and silver thrown in?~

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

"I, uh, don't know. I suppose, uh, on one side." That side would be the alien hive that assimilated Sekhmet. They all had some level of psychic powers. She doesn't know about her original biological family though. "You mean it's not, uh, supposed to be pink?" She didn't think so, but this decor had made her think she should have worn at least some pink. "Why would they make it pink then?" She snatches a pink cookie from a tray with her claws and takes a bite.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #23

[Arrivals]

~My family had psychic abilities on both sides, but that was mostly because our ancestors had been tricked into taking part in an unethical eugenics experiment,~ Geneva replies a little glumly. ~I guess it was that or die of radiation poisoning on the outside.~

Well!

It sounds like the cute little floating pink cat comes from a REALLY cheerful world.

She snags one of cookies telekinetically and hovers it over to herself to take a dainty little bite.

nom!

~It isn't traditional that everything is pink,~ Geneva confirms. ~You can see decorations all over the Nexus this time of year. Garlands, trees, fall leaves, big golden candle sticks, silver stars, holly berries. None of those things are traditionally pink, though.~

She ponders this mystery for a few moments.

~Maybe the people hosting the event this year just really like the color pink?~ Geneva suggests before looking down at herself. ~I'm unintentionally color-coordinated.~

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

Telekinesis is one power Sekhmet most definitely doesn't have. She's kinda jealous, it would make life a lot easier. "Oh, that sounds awful." It does. Even though Sekhmet doesn't know what radiation is, she does know what eugenics are. "I don't think it's disagreeable. The pink, I mean." She isn't about to waste magical power to make herself color-coordinated with the place as well. She wouldn't look good in pink.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #25

[Arrivals]

~There was a big war between regions. Civilization was basically going to end. There was this company called VaulTek that built fallout shelters that were supposed to keep people alive until the outside world wasn't poisoned anymore. My ancestors were 'randomly selected' to live in one of them,~ Geneva recounts. ~But most of the vaults were just... sick experiments. Some worse than others. Ours was meant to concentrate psychic powers in humans through selective breeding. But one of my maternal ancestors wasn't human.~

There suddenly comes a strange, almost digital sound as Geneva's form blurs out into a cloud of increasingly large colored squares. Squares that then rearrange and change color before shrinking into resolution again-

-revealing a human woman in an identical outfit to Geneva's, just scaled up and fit for... well. A human. Unsurprisingly.

She has very pink hair. And is now holding the cookie she was eating.

"One of my ancestors was a mew, a psychic pokemon that can Transform. That trait was passed down mother to eldest daughter. And now here I am in the Nexus, free from the desolation back home," Geneva concludes a bit melodramatically.

As for pink?

"Maybe not disagreeable. Just surprising?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Finishing setting up]

Holly takes out one last plate of pink-frosting cookies and pink-sprinkle brigadeiros.

Okay, good. Done.

She looks over the decorations, to see if there's any more last-minute touch-ups to do.

Meanwhile
    [Arriving by way of not teleporting]

A certain purple-haired catgirl arrives through exiting the shuttle. Her name is, of course, Marin.
    She's got a blue ribbon, an ugly christmas sweater that happens to be a turtleneck, and a skirt. And shoes, of course. And socks.

When she gets into the room, she first looks around to see who's here, and then...waits.
    She should visit Santa later, but first she's got to decide what she would ask for. New tools? A new first-aid kit? A holster for the replacement gun she got? A ball of yarn?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-11-25 at 01:18 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Arrivals

"You can shapeshift? That's incredible!" Sekhmet is quite intrigued. That's the sort of power totally inaccessible to mortals where she comes from. Of course, she's also avoiding the question of her own origins, both because she doesn't know enough, and because what she does know contains some things she'd rather not talk about, especially where her powers are concerned. Unfortunately, she expects that question to still be coming.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #28

[Arrivals]

Geneva laughs at the reaction. Not a mean sort of laugh, more of a delighted one. Having someone react that way to her is pretty novel.

"It isn't shapeshifting, really. It's- gosh, hard to explain. Transform is more about information and data than it is about changing shapes. Maybe-"

And then the process happens again, the same de-resolution process as before.

But this time?

There's an awful lot of reds in those squares...

The reason why becomes apparent when Sekhmet is suddenly staring at her mirror image, outfit and all.

"Oof, that's a lot of weight behind me," Not!Sekhmet says as she takes a tottering step. The sudden addition of wings and tail to a bipedal form is NOT something she is used to.

Considering that Transform copies moves and abilities hopefully this doesn't result in trouble...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt comes out in his overly sexy fey form, chosen largely because he is juggling three packages of various sizes in his arms. Each is carefully labeled so he doesn't lose track of which is which. One for Blanche, one for Annie, and one for Newborn Triplets of which he either hasn't learned their names or they wouldn't fit on the tag.

Not that Rein knows if he'll even see any of them this Thanksmas, but he can remain hopeful as he wanders around aimlessly looking at all the pink. Not his color of choice, but it's alright. Certainly picked a theme and stuck to it. Can't ask for more.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-11-25 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Arrivals]

The hive appreciates you coming to the Thanksmas party, Sekhmet.
    They can keep watch on all the interesting people through your eyes.
    You get a holiday celebration with fewer attempted murders.
    Everyone wins!

This other Sekhmet, though...they aren't so sure about her.

Controller-strain Angel 'Pink as the Dawn' sends a message to original!Sekhmet. Are you well, safe? We sense another of you. That's a surprise. It doesn't think in words as much as Spike did, thinking Common Nexus Language at her, but the ideas should come across pretty well.
    Someone else, far away, soul blinding-bright, thinks to Transformed!Sekhmet. Her mental voice is almost identical to Geneva's. ~Well hello there. Welcome, child. Who are you? How did you come to join us?~ The voice is friendly and wishes Geneva well. In the background, a hundred already-familiar voices whisper encouragement. Geneva belongs here. Everyone is so glad that she's here. She certainly wouldn't want to stop talking to them or Transform away, right? That would disappoint everyone.

Not all information is good to have.

[Arriving]

Honeysuckle, the black-furred foxgirl, who is actually a member, has left all the decorating to other people.
    Did you think she got off work just because it was Thanksmastime? No. So there's no time to make everything pink.
    Especially not with all the other things to do for Thanksmas, which she had to start preparing way in advance.
    Holidays are great but they're so much work!

But she did find time to make it down to the party, teleporting in with a bagful of presents and a platter of non-pink Thanksmas cookies. She's not wearing anything festive, just normal lab coat and visor.
    "Merry Thanksmas!" she says, foisting a cookie off on Marin. They're delicious, you know. Baked to perfection with mad science, and frosted with normal frosting.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine