The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 818
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    I don't do this often, but you've got me under your spell, miss Grace. That or the lemonade is getting to me. Xavouir jokes.

    He then slowly takes off his hood to reveal a horrifying visage. Four eyes stare down at Grace. Each one has a varying color; red, green, purple, and red from left to right, and different makeup; human, snake, cat, and pure red from left to right; that give Xavouir a new feel of alien viscosity to Grace. Instead of a nose, Xavouir has two vertical slits that curve to the left and right at random intervals. His raven black hair seems to part of its own accord away from his face as if it were alive, and wanted to give Grace the best view it could.

    Can't say I didn't warn you.
    "Ooooh." Grace says, very, very obviously not actually horrified at all. "You make it sound like that's a bad thing?" She tilts her head to the side, obviously not understanding.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Ooooh." Grace says, very, very obviously not actually horrified at all. "You make it sound like that's a bad thing?" She tilts her head to the side, obviously not understanding.
    Wait, wha-? Xavouir starts obviously perplexed.

    I've gotten the fire and pitchfork treatment just for the horns, I've had religious zealots hunt me half way across the countryside for their god, and that's your reaction?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Wait, wha-? Xavouir starts obviously perplexed.

    I've gotten the fire and pitchfork treatment just for the horns, I've had religious zealots hunt me half way across the countryside for their god, and that's your reaction?
    Grace blinks several times.
    "Y-yes? I come from a place where . . . well there's basically a lot of everything. Everyone is welcomed and loved all the same.
    Soooo. Yeah. Did you waaant me to be horrified?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace blinks several times.
    "Y-yes? I come from a place where . . . well there's basically a lot of everything. Everyone is welcomed and loved all the same.
    Soooo. Yeah. Did you waaant me to be horrified?"
    Want? Of course not. I just expected you too. Like all the others. Like Je- Like all the others...

    Xavouir takes a sip of his lemonade, and looks away from Grace. His hair shifts to cover his eye, but can't hide the tear that falls from his face.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Want? Of course not. I just expected you too. Like all the others. Like Je- Like all the others...

    Xavouir takes a sip of his lemonade, and looks away from Grace. His hair shifts to cover his eye, but can't hide the tear that falls from his face.
    Grace tilts her head slightly at Xavouir, this time a sad look on her face. Then she just kind of gently pats his shoulder.
    "I am sorry to hear that."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace tilts her head slightly at Xavouir, this time a sad look on her face. Then she just kind of gently pats his shoulder.
    "I am sorry to hear that."
    In untold years, you have been the first person to accept my appearance, and not want to offer me demonic power while doing so. Thank you-

    Xavouir's hair shifts to put his hood back on.

    -but you'll understand if I keep the hood on.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    In untold years, you have been the first person to accept my appearance, and not want to offer me demonic power while doing so. Thank you-

    Xavouir's hair shifts to put his hood back on.

    -but you'll understand if I keep the hood on.
    Grace nods. "Absolutely, I understand. No offense or anything taken. Whatever makes you the most comfortable.

    So. Have you had many people offer you demonic power?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku looks at him, and then blinks several times.
    ". . . what?" She very obviously has no idea what he was saying. "You're fighting dragons? You're prepared to fight dragons?"
    Oliver looks at her with his brow furrowed, then smacks his forehead. "I was going to be subtle, but what I mean is I'll be going to The Black Dragon's Den. Do you want to come, or stay here, or what?"
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace nods. "Absolutely, I understand. No offense or anything taken. Whatever makes you the most comfortable.

    So. Have you had many people offer you demonic power?"
    More than is reasonable. Almost every major undead baddy has something going on in the lower planes in case he gets killed, and every time I'm about to kill them they're like 'Join the dark side, we have evil cookies!'. What they don't realize is that by the point I'm about to kill them, Kitty's calling the shots.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver looks at her with his brow furrowed, then smacks his forehead. "I was going to be subtle, but what I mean is I'll be going to The Black Dragon's Den. Do you want to come, or stay here, or what?"
    "O-oh. Oh I see." Naku says, feeling fairly foolish. "I was never really one for subtleties. I'll go ahead and stay here, unless you want the help. I can be quite quiet when I wish, if that's necessary."

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    More than is reasonable. Almost every major undead baddy has something going on in the lower planes in case he gets killed, and every time I'm about to kill them they're like 'Join the dark side, we have evil cookies!'. What they don't realize is that by the point I'm about to kill them, Kitty's calling the shots.
    "And Kitty really doesn't care?
    Plus, that's always almost confused me. When someone is setting out to kill the bad guy who can probably offer said 'join us we have cookies', how does that ever work? I mean. Of course the person about to do the killing knows that they have cookies and power to offer.
    That's why they're there to kill said person. I just never understood how that particular ploy ever works."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "And Kitty really doesn't care?
    Plus, that's always almost confused me. When someone is setting out to kill the bad guy who can probably offer said 'join us we have cookies', how does that ever work? I mean. Of course the person about to do the killing knows that they have cookies and power to offer.
    That's why they're there to kill said person. I just never understood how that particular ploy ever works."

    Kitty's in kahoots with the god of birth and death, usually after we finish with the undead baddy we hitch a ride to the lower planes to fight their fiendish masters. Oh, and just for the record sections of hell have froze over. Sinful penguins, they needed a habitat. Ugh, now you've got me thinking of penguin demons. They are not as cute as you think they would be. They lure you in with their cute quacking, and then grow fifty beaks and tentacles, and try and peck you to death.

    Xavouir takes a sip of his lemonade while considering Grace's question.

    Evil, by its very definition, is selfish. Evil people want to stay in this world (or more accurately whatever world they're on at the moment) for as long as they can. They're desperate. Desperation won't save them once they're that far gone, though. Guess that's why Kitty's here.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Kitty's in kahoots with the god of birth and death, usually after we finish with the undead baddy we hitch a ride to the lower planes to fight their fiendish masters. Oh, and just for the record sections of hell have froze over. Sinful penguins, they needed a habitat. Ugh, now you've got me thinking of penguin demons. They are not as cute as you think they would be. They lure you in with their cute quacking, and then grow fifty beaks and tentacles, and try and peck you to death.

    Xavouir takes a sip of his lemonade while considering Grace's question.

    Evil, by its very definition, is selfish. Evil people want to stay in this world (or more accurately whatever world they're on at the moment) for as long as they can. They're desperate. Desperation won't save them once they're that far gone, though. Guess that's why Kitty's here.
    "Penguin demons do, I have to admit, sound almost delightful. Thouuuugh the pecking to death not so much.

    I suppose you're right. And if that's just their only option, they take it. It just seems so silly."
    Though Grace hasn't exactly dealt with or fought evil at all before, so she'd be the first to admit she's noooot terribly well versed in any of it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Penguin demons do, I have to admit, sound almost delightful. Thouuuugh the pecking to death not so much.

    I suppose you're right. And if that's just their only option, they take it. It just seems so silly."
    Though Grace hasn't exactly dealt with or fought evil at all before, so she'd be the first to admit she's noooot terribly well versed in any of it.
    That's also why Kitty's wielder isn't a paladin, and probably someone who was once on the not so good side of the alignment scale. I serve as a reminder that it's not to late to repent, and if that fails to serve as a guilt trip showing them that they made the wrong choice. Kitty won't talk about her past wielders, but I bet my life savings they were a lot like me.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    That's also why Kitty's wielder isn't a paladin, and probably someone who was once on the not so good side of the alignment scale. I serve as a reminder that it's not to late to repent, and if that fails to serve as a guilt trip showing them that they made the wrong choice. Kitty won't talk about her past wielders, but I bet my life savings they were a lot like me.
    Grace chuckles a bit. "I'm sorry, that was absolutely not meant to be rude or even aimed at you at all. But that . . . well. That I have heard about about that ventriloquist from earlier. The whole 'never too late', and all.
    But yeah, I'd believe that a lot, that her past wielders were much as you are."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace chuckles a bit. "I'm sorry, that was absolutely not meant to be rude or even aimed at you at all. But that . . . well. That I have heard about about that ventriloquist from earlier. The whole 'never too late', and all.
    But yeah, I'd believe that a lot, that her past wielders were much as you are."
    Xavouir looks at the va- ventriloquist for the first real time and considers an idea.

    Nah, Kitty would despise it.

    On the other hand, Xavouir was getting old. He thought. Maybe. Not quite sure.

    It's alright. I wasn't mad, just wanted to fill you in.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Xavouir looks at the va- ventriloquist for the first real time and considers an idea.

    Nah, Kitty would despise it.

    On the other hand, Xavouir was getting old. He thought. Maybe. Not quite sure.

    It's alright. I wasn't mad, just wanted to fill you in.
    And Naku would never accept that idea. Ever.

    "And I thank you for telling me, and trusting me with that information."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    And Naku would never accept that idea. Ever.

    "And I thank you for telling me, and trusting me with that information."
    Neither would Kitty, just a thought.

    Well, you're welcome. So... what do you want to talk about?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Neither would Kitty, just a thought.

    Well, you're welcome. So... what do you want to talk about?
    "Uhhhhh." Well. Asking about friends is basically out. "Do you play any games?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Uhhhhh." Well. Asking about friends is basically out. "Do you play any games?"
    What like tag? That's a kid's game. Why'd I play those?

    Xavouir clearly has no idea what sort of game Grace is referring to.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    What like tag? That's a kid's game. Why'd I play those?

    Xavouir clearly has no idea what sort of game Grace is referring to.
    "Oh. I. Uh. I meant like. Computer games. Video games. Board or card games, even."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Oh. I. Uh. I meant like. Computer games. Video games. Board or card games, even."
    You've lost me here Grace, what's a computer? Xavouir asks, not joking one bit.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    You've lost me here Grace, what's a computer? Xavouir asks, not joking one bit.
    Grace blinks several times, and just reaches into her bag to pull out a fairly high-end gaming laptop.
    "Well it's time to teach you a few things. Do you like spooky things? Action-y things? Adventures?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Grace blinks several times, and just reaches into her bag to pull out a fairly high-end gaming laptop.
    "Well it's time to teach you a few things. Do you like spooky things? Action-y things? Adventures?"
    Well, I guess. Would be a sucky job I had if I didn't. Hey, what's with the metal bric- OH MY GOD, IT'S A TORCH TOO? It lights up and everything! That's neat, but there are torches for that. Why would you need a metal brick for light? Unless you were to use it as a weapon. So that's a weapon, then?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Well, I guess. Would be a sucky job I had if I didn't. Hey, what's with the metal bric- OH MY GOD, IT'S A TORCH TOO? It lights up and everything! That's neat, but there are torches for that. Why would you need a metal brick for light? Unless you were to use it as a weapon. So that's a weapon, then?
    "I mean depends on where you go on the internet." Grace mumbles in response to it being a weapon. "But no. You can use it to do a ton of things. I, personally, mostly use it for games. Which are just like.
    Fun diversions from real life. You should try Dark Souls. It'll be great."
    Grace says, as she boots the game up for him.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I mean depends on where you go on the internet." Grace mumbles in response to it being a weapon. "But no. You can use it to do a ton of things. I, personally, mostly use it for games. Which are just like.
    Fun diversions from real life. You should try Dark Souls. It'll be great."
    Grace says, as she boots the game up for him.
    Yes, because someone who has never seena computer in his life should start his gaming experience with a casual game like Dark Souls...

    Xavouir tries his hand at Dark Souls. He tries to play as a mage like character, which is the only reason why he made any progress whatsoever.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Yes, because someone who has never seena computer in his life should start his gaming experience with a casual game like Dark Souls...

    Xavouir tries his hand at Dark Souls. He tries to play as a mage like character, which is the only reason why he made any progress whatsoever.
    Well, Grace is there to help, and/or play for him at places if he wants or needs. But she does manage to still make it fun, even in a potentially otherwise frustrating game.

    "That said we couuuuld try something else if you want. There are plenty of other options."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Well, Grace is there to help, and/or play for him at places if he wants or needs. But she does manage to still make it fun, even in a potentially otherwise frustrating game.

    "That said we couuuuld try something else if you want. There are plenty of other options."
    As Xavouir is drinking an estus flask, an arrow out of nowhere kills him. YOU DIED is now displayed across the screen.

    Maybe seeing what other options are on the table would be neat...
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    As Xavouir is drinking an estus flask, an arrow out of nowhere kills him. YOU DIED is now displayed across the screen.

    Maybe seeing what other options are on the table would be neat...
    "How about something nice and simple then. Revengeance. It'll be great." Grace says, even as she boots up the next game. "And with far fewer arrows to worry about."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "O-oh. Oh I see." Naku says, feeling fairly foolish. "I was never really one for subtleties. I'll go ahead and stay here, unless you want the help. I can be quite quiet when I wish, if that's necessary."
    Oliver chuckles, almkst darkly, and says, "At The Black Dragon's Den, quiet is synonymous with vulnerable. Unless you have a large weapon. Then it's synonymous with, 'stay the heck away from me'. You know what, I'll tell it to you straight, no subtleties. If you don't come, there's a fair chance you'll find me drunk and high in a dumpster. So, it's your choice whether you want to put up with me long enough to help me get home.". Oliver seems to be fine with either way. In fact, it almost seems like he's used to waking up in a dumpster with a hangover.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver chuckles, almkst darkly, and says, "At The Black Dragon's Den, quiet is synonymous with vulnerable. Unless you have a large weapon. Then it's synonymous with, 'stay the heck away from me'. You know what, I'll tell it to you straight, no subtleties. If you don't come, there's a fair chance you'll find me drunk and high in a dumpster. So, it's your choice whether you want to put up with me long enough to help me get home.". Oliver seems to be fine with either way. In fact, it almost seems like he's used to waking up in a dumpster with a hangover.
    Naku blinks a few more times. Then kind of half sighs. "Well. When you put it like that." She says, standing, and picking up her parasol once again. "I cannot justifiably stay here while you go off and do that. So yes. I'll be going with you."

    Now, for Lynton, I can either offer to leave a plotclone of Naku here, letting their conversation continue, or Grace is at the front counter as another option.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •