The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 815
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Cleverland nods.

    Honestly, she can dismiss his table manners, a little. Some people are bad at table manners, it's a matter-of-fact. In fact, some of her uncles are like this man.

    Since she's already here and sitting, she decides to order some food. As she waits for her food to be made and arrive, she continues the conversation with the well-dressed man: "Just talking?" she says, treating her question as if it's more of a statement of fact than a question, essentially confirming that "eating" is something she personally doesn't consider to be nearly as important as talking, but also that talking is so natural that it's not something to bother mentioning.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    ". . . y-well yes." Kin blinks several more times in surprise. "Of course I did.
    . . .
    Did you not?"
    She asks, apparently honestly befuddled.
    Alysha shakes her head a bit. Nope. That's not how mammals work. Totally different.

    And unless stopped, she will launch into a brief and informative description of where human babies come from.

    Then she takes a long drink from her Ichor Liquor.

    So, yeah. No eggs.

    Then, way later in life, I got bit by a vampire and became one. Less steps involved there.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha shakes her head a bit. Nope. That's not how mammals work. Totally different.

    And unless stopped, she will launch into a brief and informative description of where human babies come from.

    Then she takes a long drink from her Ichor Liquor.

    So, yeah. No eggs.

    Then, way later in life, I got bit by a vampire and became one. Less steps involved there.
    "Oh!
    Then I do beg pardon on my ignorance."
    Kin mumbles, covering it up with a bit of a swig of her own mango juice.
    At some point she ordered mango juice. Yup.
    "Oh no! That doesn't sound pleasant at all! Being bitten isn't a good thing. Are you . . . all right? I've never been sure what to ask of vampires. So I apologize if that's a sensitive subject."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Alysha smiles and waves her hand a bit.

    No, you're fine. Not your fault you didn't know how mammals reproduce. Why would you know?

    At the vampire question, Alysha shrugs a bit. Eh, most of the time, there isn't much of a difference. I mean, I have to take precautions to be out during the day. And I can't use my own healing magic on myself anymore. And I have to carry around bottles of Ichor Liquor so I don't have to drink blood from other people. But other than that? No big deal.

    Always the optimist.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha smiles and waves her hand a bit.

    No, you're fine. Not your fault you didn't know how mammals reproduce. Why would you know?

    At the vampire question, Alysha shrugs a bit. Eh, most of the time, there isn't much of a difference. I mean, I have to take precautions to be out during the day. And I can't use my own healing magic on myself anymore. And I have to carry around bottles of Ichor Liquor so I don't have to drink blood from other people. But other than that? No big deal.

    Always the optimist.
    Kin just shrugs, her cheeks flushing slightly. Though her cheeks turn a shade of light blue, rather than pink when she does.

    "Oh. Well. I suppose that isn't . . ." Kin struggles for a word. "Well. When you put it like that, it doesn't sound that terrible."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Alysha smiles and nods.

    Yep. As long as I'm careful, I'm fine.

    She takes a sip from her bottle through a pink curly straw.

    So, tell me about yourself a bit. I've met talking snakes before, but not a snake person.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Devixer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I go places

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    "Don't worry about that," Ash says. "I can keep a portal open as long as I want nowadays. Used to be you needed a stable power source - it's a lot easier when you are the stable power source.
    King Dedede avatar by Recaiden


  8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Lynx Thornheart walks into the inn. He immediately starts walking toward the bar, and sits down a little bit away from everyone. Not enough to forbid contact with him, just far enough away to make it clear he isn't currently talking to anyone.

    He's traded in his normal biker style for a suit, though the button-up shirt and tie have been switched out for a green t-shirt, and the suit's sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. It gives him a voodoo doctor look, only helped by his cane, which has a top fashioned to look like a skull.

    As he sits down, he leans his cane up against the bar and hangs his top hat on it. He quickly orders a wine. Normally he'd order an ale, but this suit is making him feel fancy.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-10-25 at 08:38 PM.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha smiles and nods.

    Yep. As long as I'm careful, I'm fine.

    She takes a sip from her bottle through a pink curly straw.

    So, tell me about yourself a bit. I've met talking snakes before, but not a snake person.
    "Oh, well. There's not too much to tell, really.
    I sleep a lot,"
    Kin starts ticking stuff off on her fingers. "I like warm places. I eat a lot. Uhhh." Kin's really bad at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "Don't worry about that," Ash says. "I can keep a portal open as long as I want nowadays. Used to be you needed a stable power source - it's a lot easier when you are the stable power source.
    "Yeah, that absolutely makes sense. It's always nice when you can just rely on yourself to do the thing, rather than external sources.

    Magic's crazy."
    Kin mumbles, not judging or harsh or anything, just kind of in awe. Magic is neat. It can do a lot. She just couldn't ever get it to work for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx Thornheart walks into the inn. He immediately starts walking toward the bar, and sits down a little bit away from everyone. Not enough to forbid contact with him, just far enough away to make it clear he isn't currently talking to anyone.

    He's traded in his normal biker style for a suit, though the button-up shirt and tie have been switched out for a green t-shirt, and the suit's sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. It gives him a voodoo doctor look, only helped by his cane, which has a top fashioned to look like a skull.

    As he sits down, he leans his cane up against the bar and hangs his top hat on it. He quickly orders a wine. Normally he'd order an ale, but this suit is making him feel fancy.
    Kin waves to him too!
    She's a bright blue and red snake-lady!
    And more descriptions next post when I'm not feeling sick.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Kin waves to him too!
    She's a bright blue and red snake-lady!
    And more descriptions next post when I'm not feeling sick.
    Lynx waves and gets up, picking up his cane and putting his hat on, even though he's only walking to another place at the bar. He sits down next to Kin and sets up his cane and hat the way he had it before. Hopefully the bartender realizes he's moved.

    "Hi! I'm Lynx." He holds out his hand in a gesture which is half handshake, half high-five. He's not usually good at introducing himself. In fact, he can only remember one time recently where an introduction went off without a hitch. Wait, no. That had a hitch too.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx waves and gets up, picking up his cane and putting his hat on, even though he's only walking to another place at the bar. He sits down next to Kin and sets up his cane and hat the way he had it before. Hopefully the bartender realizes he's moved.

    "Hi! I'm Lynx." He holds out his hand in a gesture which is half handshake, half high-five. He's not usually good at introducing himself. In fact, he can only remember one time recently where an introduction went off without a hitch. Wait, no. That had a hitch too.
    "And I'm Kin, pleased to meet you!" Kin says, pronouncing it more like the sharpness 'keen', and shaking his high five hand oh no what is this uh hi five wait no aaa
    "I don't think I've seen you around here." she comments, trying to give him an opening to talk.

    Kin is a lamia! So from the hips down, she's a snek! All bright blue and red and a little itty bitty bit of purple, and just covered in small scales that shimmer and reflect the light in an eye pleasing way.
    Her human half is fairly tanned, and quite pretty. She's very well muscled, in more of an athletic sort of muscle than the bodybuilder bulk. She has a fairly plain eye patch over her right eye, and her hair, while also the same bright blue as her scales, also has red highlights accenting the tips of her hair.

    And I apologize for the lateness of this post, life had been bulli. T,.,T
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-11-05 at 07:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Lynx laughs. "Yeah, I usually drink at Trog's. When I go out, I'm not usually looking for a quiet night, so a place like Trog's is perfect for me. Tonight, however, I decided I'd rather not get into a bar fight while dressed like this." He's sort of resolved to work on forgetting the awkward high-handshake-five, so he hasn't mentioned it.

    I think the only thing I forgot to say about Lynx is that he's a catperson, looking very similar to a Lynx. Hence, his name. For more information on exactly how he looks, you can find his bio in my signature!
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-11-06 at 07:01 PM.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Alysha hears Kin mention magic and looks around. Oh hey! There's another woman here! Silly Alysha, not noticing that Kin is talking to somebody else, too.

    Alysha gives Ash a wide smile and very energetic wave. Hi! Sorry I didn't notice you earlier. My name's Alysha. Nice to meet ya! It would be very easy to notice that this pale woman has a prominent pair of fangs.

    And then another person joins them! Wow! This sure is a popular group, huh?

    Lynx also gets a wide smile and energetic wave. Hi! Nice to meet you, too! I'm Alysha.

    Alysha is a young woman of average height and build. Her brown hair hangs straight, reaching well past her shoulders. She's dressed in sneakers, jeans, and a black hoodie. Her skin is fairly pale, her eyes are green, and she has a pair of fangs in her smile. At her side is a canvas bag. In front of her is a bottle of Ichor Liquor with a pink curly straw.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Alysha gets a nod and what is probably a slightly smaller smile, if only because he isn't as energetic when meeting new people. "I'm Lynx. Nice to meet you as well!"

    Here's a description of the catperson that's been yoinked from a bit ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    He's traded in his normal biker style for a suit, though the button-up shirt and tie have been switched out for a green t-shirt, and the suit's sleeves are rolled up to his elbows. It gives him a voodoo doctor look, only helped by his cane, which has a top fashioned to look like a skull.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx laughs. "Yeah, I usually drink at Trog's. When I go out, I'm not usually looking for a quiet night, so a place like Trog's is perfect for me. Tonight, however, I decided I'd rather not get into a bar fight while dressed like this." He's sort of resolved to work on forgetting the awkward high-handshake-five, so he hasn't mentioned it.

    I think the only thing I forgot to say about Lynx is that he's a catperson, looking very similar to a Lynx. Hence, his name. For more information on exactly how he looks, you can find his bio in my signature!
    "Yeah, I don't blame you! I'd hate to ruin an outfit like that myself." Kin nods a few times in agreement, but also doesn't bring up the high five thing either.
    "I tend to prefer my quiet, so I came here to check it out. So far, it's pretty all right. Though the more, always the merrier."

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha hears Kin mention magic and looks around. Oh hey! There's another woman here! Silly Alysha, not noticing that Kin is talking to somebody else, too.

    Alysha gives Ash a wide smile and very energetic wave. Hi! Sorry I didn't notice you earlier. My name's Alysha. Nice to meet ya! It would be very easy to notice that this pale woman has a prominent pair of fangs.

    And then another person joins them! Wow! This sure is a popular group, huh?

    Lynx also gets a wide smile and energetic wave. Hi! Nice to meet you, too! I'm Alysha.

    Alysha is a young woman of average height and build. Her brown hair hangs straight, reaching well past her shoulders. She's dressed in sneakers, jeans, and a black hoodie. Her skin is fairly pale, her eyes are green, and she has a pair of fangs in her smile. At her side is a canvas bag. In front of her is a bottle of Ichor Liquor with a pink curly straw.
    Kin doesn't have muuuch of a response to this, in large part because her player has been very slow, so instead simply orders herself another drink!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Alysha grins a bit. Heh. Your name's Lynx, and you have lynx ears. Nice.

    Her tone suggest absolutely nothing negative there. She just thinks it's a funny coincidence.

    I've been traveling for a while, so when I came back to Nexus, I came here because I missed this place.

    So what's with the fancy clothes. Dressy occasion?

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yeah, I don't blame you! I'd hate to ruin an outfit like that myself." Kin nods a few times in agreement, but also doesn't bring up the high five thing either.
    "I tend to prefer my quiet, so I came here to check it out. So far, it's pretty all right. Though the more, always the merrier."
    Lynx nods. "Absolutely. More people is always better." He acts like he's about to go on, but then thinks for a moment. "Well, unless we're talking 10 people in a closet. That happened to me once, and it was enough to make even a guy who worked in small tunnels all day claustrophobic."

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha grins a bit. Heh. Your name's Lynx, and you have lynx ears. Nice.

    Her tone suggest absolutely nothing negative there. She just thinks it's a funny coincidence.

    I've been traveling for a while, so when I came back to Nexus, I came here because I missed this place.

    So what's with the fancy clothes. Dressy occasion?
    Lynx laughs. "My parents were super imaginative with my name, weren't they?"

    In regards to the clothes he points at his cane and says, "Because of this thing, I was constantly asked if I was a voodoo man or something. My normal clothes had a bit of a spill into a tub of paint-don't ask-so I decided to embrace what people thought for a night or two. Plus I think I look good in this type of semi-fancy getup."
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    A Young couple enters the inn, both looking quite exhausted
    The young man is somewhat scruffy looking, with light brown hair and shifty green eyes. He seems rather tense, scanning the area for potential threats.
    The girl has long brown hair tied in a ponytail and somewhat asiatic facial features. She walks with an air of...restraint.

    Their names are Muun and Anatya, they have both come from a realm similar to classic swords and sorcery settings, though they were recently in a more modern setting.

    “Is this the place?” Anatya asks Muun.
    “Looks like it,” he responds. “Go get a table, I’ll ask if we can rent a room.”
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx nods. "Absolutely. More people is always better." He acts like he's about to go on, but then thinks for a moment. "Well, unless we're talking 10 people in a closet. That happened to me once, and it was enough to make even a guy who worked in small tunnels all day claustrophobic."
    "Yeah that does not sound very fun at all." Kin agrees with a bit of a shake of her head. "Fortunately for me, at least, I take up a lot of space, so the odds of fitting anyone in a close with me are . . . fairly small." She laughs a bit at this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    A Young couple enters the inn, both looking quite exhausted
    The young man is somewhat scruffy looking, with light brown hair and shifty green eyes. He seems rather tense, scanning the area for potential threats.
    The girl has long brown hair tied in a ponytail and somewhat asiatic facial features. She walks with an air of...restraint.

    Their names are Muun and Anatya, they have both come from a realm similar to classic swords and sorcery settings, though they were recently in a more modern setting.

    “Is this the place?” Anatya asks Muun.
    “Looks like it,” he responds. “Go get a table, I’ll ask if we can rent a room.”
    Kin waves at them from the customer side of the bar!
    She's a bright blue and red snake lady! Bright shiny snake from the hips down, and human from the hips up. She waves at the two, soon as she notices they came in.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx nods. "Absolutely. More people is always better." He acts like he's about to go on, but then thinks for a moment. "Well, unless we're talking 10 people in a closet. That happened to me once, and it was enough to make even a guy who worked in small tunnels all day claustrophobic."

    Lynx laughs. "My parents were super imaginative with my name, weren't they?"

    In regards to the clothes he points at his cane and says, "Because of this thing, I was constantly asked if I was a voodoo man or something. My normal clothes had a bit of a spill into a tub of paint-don't ask-so I decided to embrace what people thought for a night or two. Plus I think I look good in this type of semi-fancy getup."
    Alysha nods a bit. Yeah. I agree. It does look pretty good on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yeah that does not sound very fun at all." Kin agrees with a bit of a shake of her head. "Fortunately for me, at least, I take up a lot of space, so the odds of fitting anyone in a close with me are . . . fairly small." She laughs a bit at this.

    Kin waves at them from the customer side of the bar!
    She's a bright blue and red snake lady! Bright shiny snake from the hips down, and human from the hips up. She waves at the two, soon as she notices they came in.
    Sitting next to Kin is a young woman with long, brown hair, sneakers, jeans, and a black hoodie. She has a bottle full of what looks like blood in front of her. In the bottle is a pink curly straw.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

    CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    CosmicHobbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Yes
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yeah that does not sound very fun at all." Kin agrees with a bit of a shake of her head. "Fortunately for me, at least, I take up a lot of space, so the odds of fitting anyone in a close with me are . . . fairly small." She laughs a bit at this.
    Lynx laughs too. "I suppose that's one of the perks of being bigger than your average human! Though anything can be done if you put your mind to it. Take me for example. I always wanted to adventure, so I put my mind to learning some spells, and bam! Now I adventure all the time! Whether it's fitting people in a closet with you or learning magic, it just takes some brainpower."

    ((As I typed that, the song "Brain Power" entered my head. That'll take days to get out again.))

    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha nods a bit. Yeah. I agree. It does look pretty good on you.
    Lynx's eyes go wide and he leans back arms out, gesturing to Alysha. "Finally! Somebody agrees! I've been wearing this for something like 4 days-washing it each night, I'm not a slob-and everybody I've met has said at one point or another that I look silly. Thank you!" Okay Lynx, calm down. It's just a compliment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Kin waves at them from the customer side of the bar!
    She's a bright blue and red snake lady! Bright shiny snake from the hips down, and human from the hips up. She waves at the two, soon as she notices they came in.
    Also sitting next to Kin is a cat person which looks similar to a Lynx. He is wearing a suit with the sleeves rolled up and the white undershirt replaced with a green t-shirt. Next to him is a black cane with a skull topper and a hat, which is resting on the top of the cane. More info can be found in my signature under the name Lynx Thornheart!
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-11-18 at 06:49 PM.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Anatya waves friendlily at Kin, Muun just gives Kin a disgruntled look. After which he approaches whoever is tending bar, "Do you have any rooms available for rent, I've got good money. Also, could we have some..." (he looks at the menu) "Roast pheasant, my wife and I haven't eaten in days."

    Meanwhile, Anatya approaches the strangers at the table. "I do not want to bother you, but is this the Dancing Fox Inn? This wouldn't be the first time we ended up somewhere else."
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    Anatya waves friendlily at Kin, Muun just gives Kin a disgruntled look. After which he approaches whoever is tending bar, "Do you have any rooms available for rent, I've got good money. Also, could we have some..." (he looks at the menu) "Roast pheasant, my wife and I haven't eaten in days."

    Meanwhile, Anatya approaches the strangers at the table. "I do not want to bother you, but is this the Dancing Fox Inn? This wouldn't be the first time we ended up somewhere else."
    Whomever is tending the bar assures them that there are, in fact, rooms for rent. Also some food will be brought out as soon as it is cooked.


    "That it is." Kin says, closing her one eye for the duration of a few nods. "And welcome. I'm Kin." though pronounced 'keen', like the edge of a blade.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    "Do you mind if we sit next to you people?" Anatya asks. "It's been awhile since we've had any company."
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    "Do you mind if we sit next to you people?" Anatya asks. "It's been awhile since we've had any company."
    Kin indicates the barstool near where she's coiled up sitting on herself. "Absolutely, feel free. What brings you this way?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    "Circumstances, that quite frankly, are none of your business," Muun says forcefully.
    "Forgive my husband," Anatya explains. "We both had a...troubled past." They both take seats at the bar.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-18 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    "Circumstances, that quite frankly, are none of your business," Muun says forcefully.
    "Forgive my husband," Anatya explains. "We both had a...troubled past." They both take seats at the bar.
    Kin raises an eyebrow at that. "Fair enough." She says, raising a hand in apology. "I won't pry.
    Wellllll,"
    Kin tries to reach a subject they'd be more willing to discuss. "what do you two do? For jobs or just hobbies, I should clarify."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    "I used to be a game hunter, though I don't imagine there being a market for that here." Muun says bitterly. "Before that I did odd jobs like bringing in criminals."
    "I was once a priestess in training," says Anatya. "Though I quit when I met Muun."
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    Quote Originally Posted by Leostales View Post
    "I used to be a game hunter, though I don't imagine there being a market for that here." Muun says bitterly. "Before that I did odd jobs like bringing in criminals."
    "I was once a priestess in training," says Anatya. "Though I quit when I met Muun."
    Kin nods a few times, then figures that they were open enough to share, so she may as well.
    "I used to be special forces. Though there was no need to keep me around after a while. I had gotten back some nuclear weapons, stopped a large robotic suit designed to be the ultimate weapon, aaaaand I was getting tired of hiding in cardboard boxes.
    So now I just kinda float around, hang out, and try whatever drink suits my fancy of the day."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

    "Excuse me, but what are 'nuclear weapons', 'robotic suits', and 'cardboard boxes'? I feel like I have heard those phrases before, but I do not know what those mean." asks Anatya.

    At this point, the pheasant has arrived, and the two start eating. Muun eats with little table manners, while Anatya clearly takes more care with her meal.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-18 at 09:54 PM.
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •