New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

"I am very all right, fellow human! I am a human, as you can see, and totally fine!" Something about that statement doesn't ring true. "You are holding up these fingers. Except they are your fingers and not mine." He holds up the same three fingers as Nigel to show him, but doesn't actually count them. "Are you having difficulty in feeling your hand, fellow human person? Is this a common thing, should I expect to experience it too? As I am and always have been a human person like you." He's quite bright and cheerful, despite his apparent concern that maybe humans lose track of their hands.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Sitting down, Nox says, "Once, a very long time ago, I was a holy knight. I would hunt down abominations for my god, and would slay those abominations. Eventually I was killed by a lich, but that only served to strengthen my will to continue my mission. I entered the cane, which I admit is not the best choice of aesthetic for what I do." He looks down at the cane for a moment. "The force of me entering the cane made it warp through dimensions. It crashed into the ground near Riverside, where Zaphiel found it, and by extension, me." He waits for any comments, questions, etc.
    "Oooooh, okay. That makes sense, then." Kin pauses, and thinks about it for a moment. "Well. Have you thought about maybe is it that you're tied to a cane specifically? Or what if, say, the cane were to be cut down and turned into a sword grip?
    Maybe turned into a sword cane. Those are fun too."
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #483

...yeah, I can see that. Nigel says, giving him a long hard look. His left eye lights up with some blue lights, scanning over the person and attempting to check them for any medical issues they might have - it will also tell him their species, if it's one he knows. He only really knows human and lizardman though. Get him a whiskey sour. He tells the bartender as he scans.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Oooooh, okay. That makes sense, then." Kin pauses, and thinks about it for a moment. "Well. Have you thought about maybe is it that you're tied to a cane specifically? Or what if, say, the cane were to be cut down and turned into a sword grip?
    Maybe turned into a sword cane. Those are fun too."
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Nox shakes his head. "I can't remember any time where I had something to do with a cane." He smiles slightly at her suggestion of turning the cane into a sword. He says, "While it's not a sword, I can do this, thanks to my soul inhabiting the cane," before hitting the bottom of the cane on the ground and saying, in a deep voice, "Messor animarum."

As he says this, the cane begins to extend, becoming as tall as Lynx when he's standing up. Once this is done, the skull, instead of facing forward, turns to the side and grows another skull-front on the back of the skull. It then falls backwards so it is perpendicular to the cane's shaft. Out of the bottom of the skull comes a long scythe blade, which is a darker grey than your average steel. This transformation all happens in only 2 seconds.

When the transformation is complete, Nox looks at Kin expectantly, waiting for her to say something.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

This guy is not a human. Nor is he a lizardman. He's something else. His anatomy is really weird, he's got all the right organs, but they're a little jumbled up as though he didn't know where they went. They all function, however; nothing is positioned so it can't work. He's not actually a he; he has no reproductive organs at all, and his clothing is actually not clothing; it's an outer layer of skin, fused to his body in places it's not immediately obvious. He does have some spheres embedded inside his body, reasonably large ones; they're not part of his body, but... It seems as though he's storing them there.

"Thank you, my new, fellow human friend! I shall endeavour to enjoy this whiskey sour." He nods vigorously, before picking up the whiskey and slugging it back. "Oh, my. That is... That is something. Thank you, fruman hend! This issss quite a drink." Pretty sure that's not how whiskey is supposed to be drunk.

6. - Top - End - #486

Oh you really... should... savour it. Nigel says too late. So, what's uh...
    What's with your weird flesh clothes? What's with the sphere's embedded in you? What's with the clownish way your organs are arranged? What's your name. Nigel eventually settles on, lamely. Start there.

Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

"My name?" The man is startled, as though he's not been asked the question before. "My name is Di-. Um, David. David. Yes, that is my totally normal human name, human friend. What is yours? Hopefully not David. That would be awkward, haha." He actually says 'haha', and there's not much humour evident in his voice. It's still bright and cheerful, but it hasn't actually changed from that tone at all.

8. - Top - End - #488

You sure about that pal? Nigel asks to confirm. I'm Nigel, good to meet you. He reaches a hand out to shake "David's" hand. Are you uh... are you new in town?

Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, I am sure my name is David. It is a totally normal human name for a totally normal human person." David looks down puzzled by the hand gesture, and copies it... With the wrong hand; mirroring Nigel's movements rather than copying them. That might make shaking a little tricky. "Yes, I suppose I am. I've been in the Nexus a while, but this is the first time I have strayed far from PokéPark. How about you, my new friend who is human like myself and named Nigel? Have you been here a long time?"

10. - Top - End - #490

You don't have to... say you're human every time. Y'know, I get it. Nigel says, holding up his hand. I've been here for a little while now. I haven't heard of Pokeypark though. He slaughters the pronunciation. Like your aunt trying to get interested in the game you're playing.

Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm still getting used to it, friend Nigel. I mean, um, well, never mind. I misspoke. PokéPark? It's a park of long grass, with some rocks and ponds and a small cave. It is near the Pokémon Centre and the Gym, where all the Trainers hang out. It is a safe place. Well, mostly. Safe for humans, like us. Because we are humans." So... It's not safe for other people? And maybe that's why David is pretending to be human?

12. - Top - End - #492

Nox shakes his head. "I can't remember any time where I had something to do with a cane." He smiles slightly at her suggestion of turning the cane into a sword. He says, "While it's not a sword, I can do this, thanks to my soul inhabiting the cane," before hitting the bottom of the cane on the ground and saying, in a deep voice, "Messor animarum."

As he says this, the cane begins to extend, becoming as tall as Lynx when he's standing up. Once this is done, the skull, instead of facing forward, turns to the side and grows another skull-front on the back of the skull. It then falls backwards so it is perpendicular to the cane's shaft. Out of the bottom of the skull comes a long scythe blade, which is a darker grey than your average steel. This transformation all happens in only 2 seconds.

When the transformation is complete, Nox looks at Kin expectantly, waiting for her to say something.
    "Oooooh." Kin says, watching excitedly, the tip of her tail twitching slightly.
    "That is pretty darn cool!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

13. - Top - End - #493

...do you like... do you need a place to crash for the night or something? Nigel asks David, suddenly concerned. Is there someone looking after you or... This weird alien is clearly whatever the equivalent of a mad hobo is in this weird universe. Are there like... homeless shelters here? Might have been one a couple streets away but with how the city changes...

Well, in any case, can't let him stay in this park, no matter how safe it is.

Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

"Do not worry, friend Nigel the human. I have a safe and cosy place set out where I shall sleep away the night and await the sun's return. I simply wished to come to this establishment and converse with my fellow human people. There is nothing strange about that. Um, is there? My, this is a fine drink I had nearly forgotten about." David smiles wider, bordering on impossibly wide, and takes another swig of the whiskey.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Oooooh." Kin says, watching excitedly, the tip of her tail twitching slightly.
    "That is pretty darn cool!"
    Nox's smile grows wider, but only slightly. "The cane can do multiple other things as well, but I'm not about to give away all of it's secrets." He chants, in that same low voice, "Fecit enim ambulantes." He smacks his lips. "Well, if that was a false alarm and there are no abominations about, I shall give control back to Zaphiel."

Nox's eyes go back to Lynx's blue, and his pupils expand to be round once more. Lynx drops the cane against the bar and looks around. "So I guess ol' Bob didn't find any 'abominations'."

16. - Top - End - #496

No, no that's fine. As long as you're ok. He says, still looking a bit concerned. So there's no... no bars near Pokeypark then? How come this is the first time you're exploring the city? Seriously guy what is your deal.

Show

17. - Top - End - #497

Nox's smile grows wider, but only slightly. "The cane can do multiple other things as well, but I'm not about to give away all of it's secrets." He chants, in that same low voice, "Fecit enim ambulantes." He smacks his lips. "Well, if that was a false alarm and there are no abominations about, I shall give control back to Zaphiel."

Nox's eyes go back to Lynx's blue, and his pupils expand to be round once more. Lynx drops the cane against the bar and looks around. "So I guess ol' Bob didn't find any 'abominations'."
    "That's true enough. Giving too many things away is never wise.
    Okeedoke, baaaaaai have a great rest of the day!"
    Kin waves once as Lynx's eyes go back to being blue.

"Yeah, apparently not. I guess I'm just not special." Kin half mumbles, jokingly, while quietly laughing into her drink.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"That's true enough. Giving too many things away is never wise.
    Okeedoke, baaaaaai have a great rest of the day!"
    Kin waves once as Lynx's eyes go back to being blue.

"Yeah, apparently not. I guess I'm just not special." Kin half mumbles, jokingly, while quietly laughing into her drink.
    Lynx's eyes go wide and he shakes his head quickly. "You don't want to be what he considers and abomination. He slaughters all fey, undead, and demons. Even if they're good." Oliver takes a gulp of his drink, which he ordered and which I am just now remembering. "He even kills those who have at least an eight of their blood quote unquote 'tainted' by those three groups. He claims they're unnatural and killing them all will purify the world. Whatever that means."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Orc in the Playground

"Now that, friend Nigel, is a tricky one. I have long been able to explore and investigate the city. It is simply that it was only recently that I have... Been able to do so safely. Nothing that would trouble you, friend Nigel. Just... Something that very specifically targeted myself. And one that is no longer an issue worth worrying about, as it is solved and no longer an issue." David sounds quite firm about it not being an issue any more, though he's still quite bright and cheerful and his expression is still a wide, bemused smile.

20. - Top - End - #500

...What? Nigel is confused. Were you being like... stalked or something? Maybe they caught the guy? The... alien hunting guy, sure, why not. He talks a long drink of his drink. C'mon, David, you gotta tell me what happened. Nigel implores.

Show

21. - Top - End - #501

Lynx's eyes go wide and he shakes his head quickly. "You don't want to be what he considers and abomination. He slaughters all fey, undead, and demons. Even if they're good." Oliver takes a gulp of his drink, which he ordered and which I am just now remembering. "He even kills those who have at least an eight of their blood quote unquote 'tainted' by those three groups. He claims they're unnatural and killing them all will purify the world. Whatever that means."
    Kin raises an eyebrow again.
    "Youuuu might want to keep that on a short leash then, my friend. There are many, many people around here that fit that category, and most of them are decent folk. You seem like a decent enough guy, and I would really really hate to see something bad happen because of it."
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-12-23 at 02:42 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Kin raises an eyebrow again.
    "Youuuu might want to keep that on a short leash then, my friend. There are many, many people around here that fit that category, and most of them are decent folk. You seem like a decent enough guy, and I would really really hate to see something bad happen because of it."
    Lynx nods. "I know that. That's why, as many good things as Bob can do and has done, we will never agree on that." Suddenly frustrated, Lynx says, "The only problem is that I'm powerless without him, and whenever I'm in contact with him he can take over my body. Thankfully, he's been doing it less, but the second he suspects something's going on which involves one or more of those groups, bam! I'm gone, Bob is in control. Either that, or I sacrifice all power."

23. - Top - End - #503

Lynx nods. "I know that. That's why, as many good things as Bob can do and has done, we will never agree on that." Suddenly frustrated, Lynx says, "The only problem is that I'm powerless without him, and whenever I'm in contact with him he can take over my body. Thankfully, he's been doing it less, but the second he suspects something's going on which involves one or more of those groups, bam! I'm gone, Bob is in control. Either that, or I sacrifice all power."
    "Well, sounds like you've got it in hand, at least. As long as you're aware, and it sounds like you are." Kin nods a few times, not entirely sure what else to say at all.
    "Well, you're welcome to hang out here for a while with me. Should be pretty safe from the groups he doesn't like."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

"It is solved and no longer an issue, friend Nigel. Do not worry about it, for it is no longer a thing worth worrying about." David takes another swig of his whiskey, and then coughs and splutters a little. He's... Still not entirely good at the whole 'drinking' thing. "If you must know, I was... Inconvenienced by a children's hobby. But the problem is solved and the children will no longer bother me."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Well, sounds like you've got it in hand, at least. As long as you're aware, and it sounds like you are." Kin nods a few times, not entirely sure what else to say at all.
    "Well, you're welcome to hang out here for a while with me. Should be pretty safe from the groups he doesn't like."
    Lynx nods. "Or, at the very least, you can attempt to convince him there are none here. Though, it seems like you've already done that."

26. - Top - End - #506

...and the kids are still ok, right? Nigel asks worriedly. They just got bored of uh... What hobby endangered other people? Lawn darts? I guess! ...in front of your house? Which... which is a park... Ok ok this makes more sense now. A theory is coming together. The children do not have to be dead.

Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

David looks confused, and asks, with the same bright and cheerful voice he's used throughout, "Where do baby Gogoat come into it? And how would they lift a lawn dart?" Um, kids is an old slang for children, isn't it? How does David not know of that usage of the word?

It does not, however, answer the question.

28. - Top - End - #508

No, not goats, kids. Like... human ones. Or uh... dwarves or whatever species they are. Nigel isn't used to this sort of diversity. Still, the idea that this guy could intentionally hurt someone else doesn't... doesn't really make any sense to him. Accidentally causing a shipwreck or something, sure, but engaging in violence? They're... they're probably fine. These... theoretical children. Hey, uh... speaking of. He says, taking a drink to mask his discomfort. So, like... human, right. Of course. You keep saying. You uh... sticking with that? He asks lamely. Man up and confront him Nigel he has all sorts of weird anatomy going on in there.

Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, I see. Yes, the children are fine. Totally fine, completely unharmed. But their hobby is no longer an issue I need worry about." Were it somebody better at pretending humanity, that many denials would be suspicious. As it is, well... Maybe a little suspicious, but David's probably being honest. David tilts his head to one side when asked the question about his humanity. "Of course I am a human. What else could I be? I look like a human, do I not?" To normal senses, sure. But Nigel has hit David with an unusual one, and David doesn't know that yet.

30. - Top - End - #510

Yeah, like... mostly. The clothes are a little weird, but whatever. Nigel pauses to lift his empty glass before realising, setting it back down. No more fancy drink for him.

But um... I've got this med scanner implant in my eye, and you uh... you are definitely not human. Nigel says as he taps the side of his head a couple times for emphasis. So what's up.

Show