New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

The door opens a bit and closes a bit after. people might wonder who entered and only those who can look at the ground see a green stuff animal lizard walking away from the door to a near table. He will continue walking even straight up the tables leg or if needed upside down under the table until he reaches the top.

"Hello? Can i have whatever is on the daily menu and wine in a sake-bowl?" His voice is suprisingly loud like a normal human would speak up.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The door opens a bit and closes a bit after. people might wonder who entered and only those who can look at the ground see a green stuff animal lizard walking away from the door to a near table. He will continue walking even straight up the tables leg or if needed upside down under the table until he reaches the top.

"Hello? Can i have whatever is on the daily menu and wine in a sake-bowl?" His voice is suprisingly loud like a normal human would speak up.
    [Little and Littler]

Immediately behind him is a Fuchseele (foxsoul) girl with silver and black fur, her ears, tail and blue slitted eyes being the only vulpine traits on her otherwise human form. She's 11 years old, and has wandered into the inn while following the stuffed animal lizard. Her hair is silver, and she's dressed in a pink top with little red hearts on it, and a pair of black tights below a grey pleated skirt. She has a lute strung behind her, and since it's an inn this is another opportunity to wow the adults with her musical talent. There's more to her than being rowdy, stubborn and prone to beating up boys, you know!

Brunhild Fuchs steps back in surprise when the lizard opens his mouth, for the first time realizing where she is. More importantly, though, the stuffed lizard. "Mein gott!" She says in her lightly German-accented voice, reaching to pick him up and take a closer look, at the same time taking a seat at the table. If he complains too much, she'll let him go, but keep looking at him. "What are you, Herr Lizard?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #543

[Little and Littler]

Mr. C is easily picked up without any problems. His little paws wave in the air.

"Hey." he says as he is stared at. "I'm what you see an animated stuff animal, that doesn't enyoi been picked up at random by people who don't introduce themself first. Especially those who stalk me."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

Once Brun's informed as to her unwanted actions like picking up random animated stuff lizards after following them, she pokes him a bit before putting him down. "I'm sorry, Herr Lizard, I haff never seen anything like you before that moves and talks like humans. You look so süss." Oh, that's right, she's not given her name like he asked. "I am Brunhild Fuchs. You can call me Brun, und your name is?" She introduces herself, then raises up her hand to catch the attention of a server. "I want some waffeln... umm... waffles, und some milch, please."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-02-11 at 09:59 AM.
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Putting the chair back up, Lynx says, "Ah. Yeah, this kind of thing does take quite a while." He grabs his drink and finishes it before putting on his hat and grabbing his cane once more. "I'll just find someone else. It's all good." He produces a small paper from his suit pocket and puts it down on the table. "If you can ever commit, and are ready for fame, fortune, and memories, call the number there."
    (By this he means direct message me if you ever can and want to do an adventure with Lynx)
    He blinks, and his eyes are now red, with slit pupils. "It was nice to meet you Kin. I apologize for Zaphiel's sudden leaving, he gets very excited about this kind of thing. Goodbye." Another blink, and his eyes are back to normal. "Aaaand I suppose Bob just said bye. As will I. Seeya!" He waits for anything that Kin has left to say before he goes off, probably to spraypaint an advertisement on The Wall.
    Kin smiles, and nods a few times.
    "I will get in touch with you, absolutely. You'll be the first one I contact.

Not a problem. I hope you two have a great time!"
    She waves a bit as the two leave.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Little and Littler]

Once Brun's informed as to her unwanted actions
    like picking up random animated stuff lizards
    after following them, she pokes him a bit before
    putting him down. "I'm sorry, Herr Lizard, I haff
    never seen anything like you before that moves
    and talks like humans. You look so süss."
    Oh,
    that's right, she's not given her name like he
    asked. "I am Brunhild Fuchs. You can call me Brun, und your name is?" She introduces herself, then raises up her hand to catch the attention of a server. "I want some waffeln... umm... waffles, und some milch, please."
    [Little and Littler]

"Can't do much about my look I guess." he replies. "I'm Mr. Cameleon So Mr. C will do. How old are you if I may ask?"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

"Can't do much about my look I guess." he replies. "I'm Mr. Cameleon So Mr. C will do. How old are you if I may ask?"
    [Little and Littler]

"Herr C! I'm 11 years old." Brun responds, as they wait for one of the nice staff to take their order. "And how old are you?" She's expecting a number like 2 or 5 or so. "Und can you eat normal food? How'll you digest it? Will you be my freund?"

A 6-tailed foxwoman looking like an older version of Brun but with a different facial structure, blue hair and red fur is their server today! Brun gets her meal, which she begins digging into after thanking and paying with her pocket money, and Mr. C gets handed the bill!
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-02-12 at 06:31 AM.
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #548

[Little and Littler]

Mr C pays the bill like a normal person. he pulls the money out of his colar which migth rise the question wherehe stored it.

"Yes, I'm able to eat normal. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it's magic." Mr. C replies.
    "Age..." hmm Mr. C thinks and pulls with his paw through his beard.... Wait beard? Yes Mr. C has now a very long beared and all over appeares old with rinkles all over his body and his color going more grey. This is his funny thing effect.
    "I stoped counting after 5000 years." He finally says, no sign of a lie here.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

Brun's eyes widen when Mr. C pulls out an entire wallet from his collar, and then a beard appears, and then grey wrinkles and the like appear all over his body, culminating in the lizard revealing that he's up to 5000 years old. "Wow, das ist so cool! Can you turn into a human? Were you always a toy? Can I pull out things from you, too?" She asks, reaching to try and see if she'll be as successful. "Und can you teach me magic?" She asks, placing her palm on the table and making it vibrate for a bit.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #550

[Little and Littler]

Suddendly Mr.C becomes his normal self again colorfull and all. Those funny things are a trick his creator invented for fun reasons.

"No.
    I'm not a Toy. I'm a living beeing.
    No!"
    and he tries to stop her hand with his paws what might end up cuter then it should look.
    "No I don't know magic. There are a bunch of people in the nexus who might be able to teach magic, but I'm not the one to do that."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

"Say 'ja' to something already, killjoy." Brun suddenly withdraws back, frowning as she resumes eating her waffles. When she stops after a few more bites of that deliciousness to sip some milk, she finally resumes speaking. "Okay, tell me about yourself, then. I won't know what to not do if I know nothing about you, ja?" She says, shrugging and then continuing to eat.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

[Looking for the Heart]

Raril slips into the cozy tavern, looking a little out of place. The drow, dressed in greys and blacks, with a bandana tied around his white hair, was less cheerful than the usual patrons of the Dancing Fox. He'd fit in better at the bar he owned, The Black Dragon's Den, down by the waterfront. He tugged nervously at the gold spider symbol around his neck as he stepped in the door and he looked around for the most out of the way corner he could find a seat in. Usually comfortable with being the center of attention, he just wasn't feeling it today. There he would wait for his companions in this quest.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

13. - Top - End - #553

[Little and Littler]

"Say 'ja' to something already, killjoy." Brun suddenly withdraws back, frowning as she resumes eating her waffles. When she stops after a few more bites of that deliciousness to sip some milk, she finally resumes speaking. "Okay, tell me about yourself, then. I won't know what to not do if I know nothing about you, ja?" She says, shrugging and then continuing to eat.
    [Little and Littler]

"I can't say Yes to things I can't do." Mr C replies friendly. "That would first be a lie and next bring me into big trouble. I mean let's assume i teach you magic and something goes wrong. I couldn't do anything since i can't cast magic after all.
    I'm a librarian and most of the time i read books. My 'father' assigned me for this job. Not sure why he picked up my body for such a task, but he arranged everything so I can work as a librarian."
    Mr. c then chews on his steak taking bites nearly as big as himself.
    "A bit ago I ended up here as the place I worked opened a portal to this place. It's a real mess here you know. Not much more to tell about me between bites. How about you?"

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Looking for the Heart]

Raril slips into the cozy tavern, looking a little out of place. The drow, dressed in greys and blacks, with a bandana tied around his white hair, was less cheerful than the usual patrons of the Dancing Fox. He'd fit in better at the bar he owned, The Black Dragon's Den, down by the waterfront. He tugged nervously at the gold spider symbol around his neck as he stepped in the door and he looked around for the most out of the way corner he could find a seat in. Usually comfortable with being the center of attention, he just wasn't feeling it today. There he would wait for his companions in this quest.
    [Looking for the Heart]

It's not long before the vampire Raril was waiting for enters. Today, she wears a slightly different outfit than usual. Hiking shoes, cargo pants, a red long sleeved shirt, and a black jacket over that. The pants and jacket have a lot of pockets, all of which seem to have something in them. She has her usual canvas bag, as well as a thick belt with various pouches. Despite all this stuff, she moves with almost no effort as she enters the Inn and glances around. Her red eyes fall on the drow, and she gives him a wave before approaching. She seems to be a bit more serious than usual.

Hey, Raril. Alysha approaches and takes a seat at the table, setting her bag down at her side. Seeing as Raril chose a nice, shadowy corner, the vampire lets her Keyblade fade away for now.

I brought a friend that can help us. He has a Keyblade, too, so that'll help a lot. She gestures towards the figure that probably came in with her. His name is Sam. Sam, this is Raril.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

[Looking for the Heart]

Sam enters behind Alysha, his usual enormous self, dressed in his usual open jacket and simple pants. The only change is the addition of a bag at his side. His little bauble from the Creations sits around his neck.
    "Nice to meetcha, Raril." rumbles the spigre, finding a seat on the outside, so as to not crowd his companions.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

"I can't say Yes to things I can't do." Mr C replies friendly. "That would first be a lie and next bring me into big trouble. I mean let's assume i teach you magic and something goes wrong. I couldn't do anything since i can't cast magic after all.
    I'm a librarian and most of the time i read books. My 'father' assigned me for this job. Not sure why he picked up my body for such a task, but he arranged everything so I can work as a librarian."
    Mr. c then chews on his steak taking bites nearly as big as himself.
    "A bit ago I ended up here as the place I worked opened a portal to this place. It's a real mess here you know. Not much more to tell about me between bites. How about you?"
    [Little and Littler]

Brun has to admit that Mr C has a point there, and listens attentively as the stuffed creature speaks of his father, noting how big the chameleon's bites are. "Ahh... ja... I see. Was your Vati the one that made you?" She asks, in response to his words.

She's asked about herself, however, and is happy to oblige. "I live in Inside Waisenhaus. I'm an orphan, my own Vati died in an accident." She looks sad about that fact. "But once I learn enough magic, I'll get out und go adventuring with a gang. Will you join my gang, Mr C?"
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Raril extends a hand to Sam. "Well met." He says in greeting. It was a rare gesture from a drow, but fairly common for Raril, who liked to do things just to be contrary to his heritage sometimes. Last summer he had quite the tan from sunbathing. "So these keyblade things? They're good for purifying a heart of a place, from what I understand?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #558

[Little and Littler]

Brun has to admit that Mr C has a point there, and listens attentively as the stuffed creature speaks of his father, noting how big the chameleon's bites are. "Ahh... ja... I see. Was your Vati the one that made you?" She asks, in response to his words.

She's asked about herself, however, and is happy to oblige. "I live in Inside Waisenhaus. I'm an orphan, my own Vati died in an accident." She looks sad about that fact. "But once I learn enough magic, I'll get out und go adventuring with a gang. Will you join my gang, Mr C?"
    [Little and Littler]

"I guess so." He says. "That's what fathers do."

"I'm sorry?" Mr C says as she mentions his death. "What's with your mom?" he asks, already assuming some kind of sad story.
    "I'm not good for adventure. Sure I'm an archiologist, but I can't really fight or be of use otherwise. You might call me when you go for some old ruins, but not for stopping a group of bandits."

19. - Top - End - #559

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Seeking the Heart]

Raril extends a hand to Sam. "Well met." He says in greeting. It was a rare gesture from a drow, but fairly common for Raril, who liked to do things just to be contrary to his heritage sometimes. Last summer he had quite the tan from sunbathing. "So these keyblade things? They're good for purifying a heart of a place, from what I understand?"
    Alysha nods. Yeah. They can release a heart from any outside effects. Any heart, as long as the wielder can find it. Kind of their main purpose.

She thinks something over for a moment.

That's gonna be the tricky part, though. Finding the heart of the Nexus. Even with how long I've been here, I can only guess where it could be. I'm pretty sure you've been here longer than me, though, so you might have a better idea. She looks to Sam. You might, too. No idea how long you've been here.

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a notebook and pencil. So! Let's brainstorm some ideas. Now, I've had an extremely hard time mapping the Nexus, so I think that might be impossible. Which means a checklist of places. My guess is gonna be somewhere in Inside. Possibly near Trog's.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking The Heart]

”Born here.” Sam says simply.
    ”Yeah I was gonna suggest Trog’s. People always end up there when they come in. Well, they do often enough. I’d start there at least. Definitely Inside.”

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

"Trog's is definitely some of the oldest territory in the Nexus. It was there when we still called this place Town. Been here longer than I have. The Den's pretty old too, but not as old as Trog's I suspect." Raril says. Then he frowns. "That notebook mentioned the arena that legend says started this whole thing. I've never seen it, though."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2019-02-24 at 02:48 AM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #562
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

"I guess so." He says. "That's what fathers do."

"I'm sorry?" Mr C says as she mentions his death. "What's with your mom?" he asks, already assuming some kind of sad story.
    "I'm not good for adventure. Sure I'm an archiologist, but I can't really fight or be of use otherwise. You might call me when you go for some old ruins, but not for stopping a group of bandits."
    [Little and Littler]

"My Mutti is dead too. She und my Vati worked together. It's been 2 years, now. They once brought me here, when I was little, und said some Jinkei woman is my great grand mutti." A woman Mr. C has met before. Sure enough, there's some Swedish in the girl's German face. "But asides from that, I'm alone." Until she meets a certain man in a few days, that is.

Wait, archaeologist? That means knowledge. "VAIT! You have books to teach me magic, ja?" She suddenly asks loudly.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #563

[Seeking the Heart]

Alysha tilts her head a bit. An arena, huh? She falls into thought for a moment, tapping the end of her pencil against her lip. Hm...that's probably significant... She makes another note after Trog's. Maybe we could try to find somebody that's been around longer than you, Raril. They might have some thoughts about that.

She glances to her companions.

Any other ideas? Cause all I got right now is wandering in and near Trog's till we stumble across something.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Raril frowns. "Maybe Magtok? or Destro? Haven't seen him around though, since he retired. He doesn't live in the Nexus anymore."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #565

[Little and Littler]

"My Mutti is dead too. She und my Vati worked together. It's been 2 years, now. They once brought me here, when I was little, und said some Jinkei woman is my great grand mutti." A woman Mr. C has met before. Sure enough, there's some Swedish in the girl's German face. "But asides from that, I'm alone." Until she meets a certain man in a few days, that is.

Wait, archaeologist? That means knowledge. "VAIT! You have books to teach me magic, ja?" She suddenly asks loudly.
    [Little and Littler]

"I'm sorry." Mr C says as he hears the story about her mother.
    "I guess I met her." his face turns abit pale at the memories where he went victim to another kidnapping.
    "I don't really know where she might be right now. Maybe you ask at the fox temple. They might help."

"No I don't. I read some in the library I worked in, but as I said. I wouldn't teach you since i couldn't handle if anything went wrong."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

[Little and Littler]

"I'm sorry." Mr C says as he hears the story about her mother.
    "I guess I met her." his face turns abit pale at the memories where he went victim to another kidnapping.
    "I don't really know where she might be right now. Maybe you ask at the fox temple. They might help."

"No I don't. I read some in the library I worked in, but as I said. I wouldn't teach you since i couldn't handle if anything went wrong."
    [Little and Littler]

Brunhilde finishes her waffles, then her milk, and gets up. "Well, Mr C, it was nice meeting you, but it's almost time to go back to the waisenhaus. Bye!"

And then she leaves.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #567

[Little and Littler]

Mr C waves a good bye, but can't hide a confused look on his face. This goodbye was rather sudden and felt strange. He at least awaited a reaction like be sad about no magic or maybe more curiouse about the woman.
    Well then he goes back for his meal. He can't really help her.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking The Heart]

”Well we could try going into the basement of Trog’s. I never see anyone go down there ever but I know it exists.” Sam suggests. He doesn’t really know any particular face so he’s not good to recommend that sort of thing.

29. - Top - End - #569

[Seeking the Heart]

Alysha nods a bit as she jots down Raril and Sam's suggestions.

Basement could work. Maybe there's some kind of hidden passage to an old, abandoned part of the Nexus with the original arena!

Seems a bit of a stretch, but Alysha has heard of weirder, more convenient discoveries.

She looks to Raril again. I've heard of Magtok, at least. Do you know how to contact them? Maybe we could head to Trog's and meet them there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking the Heart]

Rarilgoes a little pale at the mention of Trog's basement. "I don't know about hidden passages, but there used to be a monster that lived down there. Would pop up whenever anyone said it was getting too quiet."

"Destro lives in a city down the coast. Destro Is Great, it's called. He moved a bunch of buildings from Inside out there and set up his own little sanctuary. I've got a condo out there. He's usually on the beach sipping margaritas, for whatever reason. Don't know if he just likes the taste or what. As far as I know undead can't get drunk...Oh Destro's a Lich, by the way. Crazy powerful, but a pretty nice guy. Oddly obsessed with trout.

As for Magtok? I might be able to find a phone number for him or something. Otherwise, we could go to his lair, the Mag Cave. I might remember where it is. Only been there once, and not exactly under my own power. Could always ask a passing Magbot if they know how to get in touch with him."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel