New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Off in a Corner]

Kit thinks for a moment and stares down at his bowl, looking ashamed. "Not a real job, no. I...I take things when people aren't watching."
    Candace pauses for a minute. Ah well,
    you're still young. Can you read at all?
    She also flags down a waitress and inquires after a fresh loaf of bread.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Off in a Corner]

Kit shakes his head. "No."

"I cannot read, either." Anastasia admits as well.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku does shake the offered hand. It was a custom she never knew of until she got here, but she's since decided she kind of likes it. Her grip is fairly gentle, and her fingers are, while not entirely cold, are definitely cooler than regular human body temperature.
    "A bit of a treat after a job well done is always in order, I feel. What sort of work do you do?"
    Oliver runs his hand through his hair and says, ”Well, My work is rather delicate. It requires dexterity and intelligence. Basically, I’m a thief. But, I’m still a good person!” He looks like he’s saying this to convince himself, as well as Naku. “You see, I only steal from those who would just as soon do the same thing or worse to an innocent person.”. Although he was trying to convince himself he’s a decent person, he does seem proud of how he’s giving villains their own medicine. “How about you? What do you do for a job?”
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver runs his hand through his hair and says, ”Well, My work is rather delicate. It requires dexterity and intelligence. Basically, I’m a thief. But, I’m still a good person!” He looks like he’s saying this to convince himself, as well as Naku. “You see, I only steal from those who would just as soon do the same thing or worse to an innocent person.”. Although he was trying to convince himself he’s a decent person, he does seem proud of how he’s giving villains their own medicine. “How about you? What do you do for a job?”
    Naku nods a few times, entirely non-judgmental as to Oliver's job choices. "I see! And do you keep what you've stolen? Or try to ensure it gets back to people that need it?

As for me, um,"
    She blushes ever so slightly. Her job is actually kind of silly, and she feels dumb sometimes for it. But it was a good job, that she enjoys. But you know what they say. Own it, and no one can use it against you. "Iiii go and help bring hope to places that might otherwise not have it." That's probably the best way Naku feels she can describe her current job.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Lynton enters the inn with arms full of veggies. He can barely see over the top as he tries to find his way over to a place he can set everything down.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Naku nods a few times, entirely non-judgmental as to Oliver's job choices. "I see! And do you keep what you've stolen? Or try to ensure it gets back to people that need it?

As for me, um,"
    She blushes ever so slightly. Her job is actually kind of silly, and she feels dumb sometimes for it. But it was a good job, that she enjoys. But you know what they say. Own it, and no one can use it against you. "Iiii go and help bring hope to places that might otherwise not have it." That's probably the best way Naku feels she can describe her current job.
    Oliver smirks and says, ”That’s a hard question, considering people can make the rebuttal of, ‘he’ll always say he needs it!’ However, I generally make sure that the items get to people who need it, unless it might help me do my job more efficiently.”

He smiles and says, ”That sounds like a very good job. I’m sure you must be so proud to do that work. I know that I simply could not manage it. I’m rather, shall we say, uninspiring.” As he says this last word, he vaguely gestures to his entire body.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "All the same, I'll come and let you know if I find anyone that would be interested." Ashley glances at the money and grins at Rein. "Thanks. It was good to meet you, Reinholdt. Let's drown our sorrows again sometime."
    "Absolutely," Reinholdt affirms with a smile. He gives Ashley a two fingered salute before the fey thief turns and heads out of the inn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton enters the inn with arms full of veggies. He can barely see over the top as he tries to find his way over to a place he can set everything down.
    Naku waves over at Lynton as well! If he'd like, he could come say hi too.

Oliver smirks and says, ”That’s a hard question, considering people can make the rebuttal of, ‘he’ll always say he needs it!’ However, I generally make sure that the items get to people who need it, unless it might help me do my job more efficiently.”

He smiles and says, ”That sounds like a very good job. I’m sure you must be so proud to do that work. I know that I simply could not manage it. I’m rather, shall we say, uninspiring.” As he says this last word, he vaguely gestures to his entire body.
    "It's true. That argument is all too easy to make.
    That's good of you though. I'm glad to hear it.

It's-. Yeah. It is a good job. Definitely one of the best I've had so far. It's just unfortunate, I only ever get called in for . . . shall we say 'extreme' circumstances. Something evil preying on townsfolk, say. There are definitely days I'd like to just go, I dunno. Help plant flowers."
    Naku admits with a bit of a wry chuckle. "Ohhh, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Think of it this way. Every person you do distribute your liberated goods to? You bring a bit more hope into their lives. You are doing good work, and should be happy at what you accomplish."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"It's true. That argument is all too easy to make.
    That's good of you though. I'm glad to hear it.

It's-. Yeah. It is a good job. Definitely one of the best I've had so far. It's just unfortunate, I only ever get called in for . . . shall we say 'extreme' circumstances. Something evil preying on townsfolk, say. There are definitely days I'd like to just go, I dunno. Help plant flowers."
    Naku admits with a bit of a wry chuckle. "Ohhh, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Think of it this way. Every person you do distribute your liberated goods to? You bring a bit more hope into their lives. You are doing good work, and should be happy at what you accomplish."
    Oliver laughs. ”That’s the nature of those types of jobs. You have no mission to go on and nobody to inspire, then you get called in because of a disaster! That must be hard, to know that your job profits from disasters, even if it’s really profiting from helping survivors of disasters.”

Oliver appears to be contemplating what Naku has just said. ”Hm. I never thought of it that way. I supposed you’re right. I just don’t think of it that way because in the past, before I took up this job, I was a thief who didn’t care who he stole from. That still...haunt wouldn’t be the right word, but it does follow me. Thanks for helping me to start thinking of my job this way.”

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Naku waves over at Lynton as well! If he'd like, he could come say hi too.
    Lynton makes his way over dumping his pile of assorted vegetables on a nearby table. He comically has to scramble to keep them from falling off. After he manages to keep them all from falling, he straightens up and smiles, waiting for a moment when he won’t be interrupting the conversation.
    “Well, howdy!”
    He says when such a moment arises.

11. - Top - End - #101

Oliver laughs. ”That’s the nature of those types of jobs. You have no mission to go on and nobody to inspire, then you get called in because of a disaster! That must be hard, to know that your job profits from disasters, even if it’s really profiting from helping survivors of disasters.”

Oliver appears to be contemplating what Naku has just said. ”Hm. I never thought of it that way. I supposed you’re right. I just don’t think of it that way because in the past, before I took up this job, I was a thief who didn’t care who he stole from. That still...haunt wouldn’t be the right word, but it does follow me. Thanks for helping me to start thinking of my job this way.”
    Naku shrugs slightly at that. "It's . . . I suppose it's somewhat hard. But it's far worse leaving those systems in place, you know?"

"You're very welcome." She says with a pleasant smile. "I'm happy to help."

Lynton makes his way over dumping his pile of assorted vegetables on a nearby table. He comically has to scramble to keep them from falling off. After he manages to keep them all from falling, he straightens up and smiles, waiting for a moment when he won’t be interrupting the conversation.
    “Well, howdy!”
    "Hello hello!" Naku says, looking up at the newcomer. "That's quite the haul."

Her description, as stolen from a few posts back:
    Naku is, by human standards, fairly tall, clocking in at just over six feet in height. Her dark purple hair is currently loose, but gathered in the back, and falls to about her mid-back, and her facial features tell a story of some sort of asian ancestry, not too far back her family line. She's currently wearing a fairly lightweight, pale purple sun dress, and has a matching, lacy parasol closed and gripped about the middle in her left hand. Seeming at odd with the rest of the outfit though, is the katana she has belted on. Even just the handle show signs of heavy use, but a lot of care being tended the blade.
    Though a few features definitely stick out, as she gets closer. Those being the bright red nature of her irises, and the very, very vampiric nature of her fangs.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Naku shrugs slightly at that. "It's . . . I suppose it's somewhat hard. But it's far worse leaving those systems in place, you know?"
    Oliver says, "My thoughts exactly!" He then notices Lynton.

“Well, howdy!”
    "Hello to you too!" Oliver smiles as he says this.

I'm also going to steal a description from a few posts ago:
    Oliver is only 5'3", rather average for his heritage. His jet black hair is combed neatly and his skin color suggest Scandinavian ancestry. His grey eyes are observing, but have a playful light dancing behind them. In fact, he would be handsome, were it not for his, as he puts it, "fluffiness". He is currently wearing a green button-up t-shirt and jeans that are slightly ripped around the pockets.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Lynton grins at Naku's words.
    "It certainly is. I don't suppose either of y'all need-"
    He cuts himself off, looking around and remembering he's in an inn.
    "Nah, I suppose not."
    He tips his hat to both of them.
    "The name's Lynton, I apologize for interrupting your talk."

14. - Top - End - #104

Oliver says, "My thoughts exactly!" He then notices Lynton.
    "Nah, I suppose not."
    "Afraid I don't need any. You might want to talk to Mist though, he runs the place, and might be interested.
    And I'm Naku. It's nice to meet you."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Nah, I suppose not."
    Oliver holds out his hand for a handshake, saying, "I'm Oliver, nice to meet you! You weren't interrupting any conversation, it was kind of winding down." He then considers the vegetables.
    "I'm the same as Naku on the vegetables. I don't need any right now, but I'll contact you if I ever do! What I do need though, is a drink and some non-vegetable food..." He then attempts to flag down a waiter or waitress.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

"Afraid I don't need any. You might want to talk to Mist though, he runs the place, and might be interested.
    And I'm Naku. It's nice to meet you."
    Oliver holds out his hand for a handshake, saying, "I'm Oliver, nice to meet you! You weren't interrupting any conversation, it was kind of winding down." He then considers the vegetables.
    "I'm the same as Naku on the vegetables. I don't need any right now, but I'll contact you if I ever do! What I do need though, is a drink and some non-vegetable food..." He then attempts to flag down a waiter or waitress.
    "Ah well. I shoulda known as much. Still, if you don't hunt for something everywhere, you'll miss it anywhere. That's what my ma used to tell me."
    He sneaks a quick glance over at Naku's more vampiric features before remembering his manners.
    "So what are y'all doing around these parts."

17. - Top - End - #107

It's probably safe to assume that, whatever Oliver ends up ordering, is brought out fairly quickly by the staff.

"Ah well. I shoulda known as much. Still, if you don't hunt for something everywhere, you'll miss it anywhere. That's what my ma used to tell me."
    He sneaks a quick glance over at Naku's more vampiric features before remembering his manners.
    "I grew up with a very similar saying." Naku replies to that with a bit of a smile. "That you miss all the shots you don't take."

As for Naku's more vampiric features, well, those are actually fairly unique. Her skin is pale as freshly fallen snow, and her red irises have a sort of angular, crystalline patterning to them, much like a snowflake. Her fangs are also slightly abnormal, in that they're a tad thicker than the usual vampire fangs, and almost minorly serrated along their edges.
    If Naku notices the quick glance, she makes no comment.
    "I'm fairly all right. Just relaxing a bit before I go back to working on a bit of a personal project. And yourself?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It's probably safe to assume that, whatever Oliver ends up ordering, is brought out fairly quickly by the staff.
    Alright. He’ll be ordering barbecued ribs and, say, a non-alcoholic Fender Bender Mender. I’ll say it’s brought to him next time I post.

”It’s been a hard week at work,” Oliver says. ”So, I decided to treat myself!”

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

"I grew up with a very similar saying." Naku replies to that with a bit of a smile. "That you miss all the shots you don't take."

As for Naku's more vampiric features, well, those are actually fairly unique. Her skin is pale as freshly fallen snow, and her red irises have a sort of angular, crystalline patterning to them, much like a snowflake. Her fangs are also slightly abnormal, in that they're a tad thicker than the usual vampire fangs, and almost minorly serrated along their edges.
    If Naku notices the quick glance, she makes no comment.
    "I'm fairly all right. Just relaxing a bit before I go back to working on a bit of a personal project. And yourself?"
    ”It’s been a hard week at work,” Oliver says. ”So, I decided to treat myself!”
    "I can't say there's a break from my work. Just a few stops along the trail."
    Lynton fingers the pendant around his neck.
    "Sometimes it starts to feel like my whole life is just a personal project at this point."
    He sighs.
    "I haven't quite figured out where my next stop is going to be yet."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Sometimes it starts to feel like my whole life is just a personal project at this point."
    He sighs.
    "Well," Oliver says as he receives a non-alcoholic Fender Bender Mender and barbecued ribs. "What is this personal project? I may be able to help."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-01-19 at 05:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

He sighs.
    "Well, you're welcome to take one of your steps here with us, feel free, take a seat. Chat for a while."

"Well," Oliver says as he receives a non-alcoholic Fender Bender Mender and barbecued ribs. "What is this personal project? I may be able to help."
    Then Naku falls silent, letting Oliver ask the questions.
    Unless this was aimed at her. Then she'll be fairly horribly embarrassed, as she misunderstood.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Off in a Corner]

Kit shakes his head. "No."

"I cannot read, either." Anastasia admits as well.
    Candace frowns for a moment. That's not as uncommon as you might think. She looks up at Anastasia. Shall we get started, though?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Off in a Corner]

"Mhm, yes." Anastasia agrees, swallowing down the last of her food. She slides out of her chair and leaves her coat hanging from the back of it.

"Stay here, Kit." She says to the younger fox. "Eat, keep an eye on our things." Kit nods, tearing into the loaf of fresh bread.

Anastasia steps out into the center of the floor, each step jangling with the little gold bells at her ankles.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, you're welcome to take one of your steps here with us, feel free, take a seat. Chat for a while."

Then Naku falls silent, letting Oliver ask the questions.
    Unless this was aimed at her. Then she'll be fairly horribly embarrassed, as she misunderstood.
    Lynton nods to them and slides out a chair. Sitting down, he scratches his chin for a moment. Unsure where to begin.
    “I’m on the hunt for any and all mythical, mysterious, rare, unheard-of, (and many similar adjectives of) plants.”
    He unfurls a roll of parchment. Painted in beautiful shades of purple is a flower with 7 petals in a tall bloom.
    ”This is the one I have currently been investigating. I believe it to be the true identity of a number of plants of lore. “Violet Goddess’, ‘Nature’s Joy’, ‘The Gift of Elisan’ to name a few.”
    Last edited by Cute Earth; 2018-01-21 at 12:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lynton nods to them and slides out a chair. Sitting down, he scratches his chin for a moment. Unsure where to begin.
    “I’m on the hunt for any and all mythical, mysterious, rare, unheard-of, (and many similar adjectives of) plants.”
    He unfurls a roll of parchment. Painted in beautiful shades of purple is a flower with 7 petals in a tall bloom.
    ”This is the one I have currently been investigating. I believe it to be the true identity of a number of plants of lore. “Violet Goddess’, ‘Nature’s Joy’, ‘The Gift of Elisan’ to name a few.”
    Oliver's eyes widen at the range of names it goes by. "Geez. That's...that's gotta be interesting!" He takes a sip of his drink and thinks deeply, searching his mind for any place he's seen that flower.

26. - Top - End - #116

Naku tilts her head slightly.
    "Will admit, I've never seen any of those, but I have some plants that can be turned into a fairly lovely tea, if you would like."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

Cherie listens to Devero's story, and takes a few moments to think about it. "I'm afraid I have nothing to say. Although I have met with heretics and outsiders in my adventures, I've not met any quite like you." She sips at her wine once more. "I have always been welcome amongst my fellow Lominsans - though we are a city of pirates and adventurers, so it should hardly seem a surprise. I have a hard time imagine my home not welcoming those who are different or foreign."
    "I see," Devero responds in an obscure manner making it hard to determine whether he did so with a mournful sigh, or a slightly amused chuckle, but in actual fact it was a mixture of both.

Devero's eyes look to Cherie with the slightest fascination of her home city, "do you return often?" he smiles, "it sounds like a lively place to have grown up."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2018-01-22 at 08:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anchor slips in the door and looks around the inn. So many new faces, and a couple of old ones.
    You have every right to come here. The wizard tells herself, heading for the bar.
    The shadows she casts detach from her feet, pool together, slink around the walls, keeping to corners.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Into the Inn walks a girl. It's hard to tell how old she is, at a guess one might say anywhere between 15 and 25. She is five foot seven in height. The most striking thing about her appearance is that she has a cybernetic right arm. Shiny chrome metal, it's hard not to notice it.

She wears a band tee (Dust-Town Rats: what appears to be actual rats playing heavy metal) and a well worn grey cardigan on top, grey skinny jeans and doc marten boots with loose yellow laces finishing off her ensemble. Her long brown hair was once braided; it is tangled and very knotty, sticking out at odd angles.

Tucked into her cardigan strangely is rock strung onto a long necklace chain; it appears to not be obeying gravity correctly and floats to the left. A small backpack is slung over one shoulder.

The girl wears black plastic glasses and has a few freckles, on her otherwise healthy pink skin.

She walks through the door with confidence; her irises are a baby pink colour, magnified by the strong glasses she wears.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Oliver's eyes widen at the range of names it goes by. "Geez. That's...that's gotta be interesting!" He takes a sip of his drink and thinks deeply, searching his mind for any place he's seen that flower.
    Naku tilts her head slightly.
    "Will admit, I've never seen any of those, but I have some plants that can be turned into a fairly lovely tea, if you would like."
    Lynton smiles at Oliver.
    “That’s certainly the hope!”
    He turns to Naku.
    “Tea sounds lovely.”