New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

A burly orc wearing white and purple power armor enters the inn. The number 56 is stenciled on his left shoulderplate, over a stylized skull. He carries a helmet under one arm, and a wooden box under the other. He sets both down on a table, then approaches the counter. Krur, asks a waitress for a drink, "Seaweed grog please!" Krur then sits at the table where he put his stuff, and waits for his drink. He opens the box and removes a chess set from within, setting it on the table and fiddling with the pieces.

After finishing his drink, Krur packs up and leaves, heading for the Seaside
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-05 at 09:26 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku shrugs slightly. She's definitely not offended by Oliver's point, and even smiles slightly.
    "Recently, a goddess offered me a plot of land in her realm in exchange for my services, so it's my first job for her that I'm here celebrating." Naku replies very calmly, sipping at her cup of tea.
    Oliver had been drinking his drink when Naku said this, but upon hearing it he spits it out, eyes wide.
    "A GOD!?" Oliver says extremely loudly, possibly attracting the attention of other people at the Inn.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Anastasia only barely misses a step when Oliver shouts, and quickly recovers, but she does keep an eye on him now. Shouting humans were never good.

Kit, still eating, nervously watches the room, wondering if the shout was a bad thing or just normal tavern banter.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver had been drinking his drink when Naku said this, but upon hearing it he spits it out, eyes wide.
    "A GOD!?" Oliver says extremely loudly, possibly attracting the attention of other people at the Inn.
    "Goddess." Naku corrects gently, sipping at her tea. "And she's quite nice. A bit . . . clutzy. But nice enough.
    I could probably introduce you, if you'd ever like to meet her."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Ashley rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I know that. I just meant right near here. That was it'll be easier for me to anchor myself in the spirit world if you decide you really want to go." With some effort, Ashley manages to slump herself off of the barstool.
    Willa puts her hand on Ashley’s shoulder.
    ”Do you want a ride? Seriously? You’re looking a little green.” she says, worried.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #186

Ashley shrugs Willa's hand off. "'M fine. I'm depressed, not sick." She sighs, as if to illustrate her point.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Goddess." Naku corrects gently, sipping at her tea. "And she's quite nice. A bit . . . clutzy. But nice enough.
    I could probably introduce you, if you'd ever like to meet her."
    "I-I don't even..." Oliver is obviously impressed. "You've met a ************* goddess?! And you consider her CLUMSY!?" Oliver is genuinely freaking out now. (I'll let you guess how he swore.)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Naku shrugs slightly. She's definitely not offended by Oliver's point, and even smiles slightly.
    "I suppose in a way I'm not being fully straightforward. I haven't lied to you, though. I do want to just settle down, and in several senses of the term, I am a no one. My race is dead, other than just me.
    I lived most of my life fighting for the right to survive, and a lot of it is very painful memories. I've kind of avoiding it because I'm just here to drink some drinks and relax a bit. However, if you want to know, then sure.

Recently, a goddess offered me a plot of land in her realm in exchange for my services, so it's my first job for her that I'm here celebrating."
    Naku replies very calmly, sipping at her cup of tea.
    Lynton frowns. Saddened by her story, unsure of what to say next. He is a bit surprised at Oliver’s outburst, but doesn’t seem particularu shocked at the news of gods and goddesses being involved.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton frowns. Saddened by her story, unsure of what to say next. He is a bit surprised at Oliver’s outburst, but doesn’t seem particularu shocked at the news of gods and goddesses being involved.
    "Heyyyy. Cheer up though." Naku says with a smile. Her history isn't the nicest, but it's in the past, and she obviously seems fine about it now. "It really is fine. I do apologize if I was a bit harsh explaining, though."

"I-I don't even..." Oliver is obviously impressed. "You've met a ************* goddess?! And you consider her CLUMSY!?" Oliver is genuinely freaking out now. (I'll let you guess how he swore.)
    "Y-yes? She tripped on a flat surface. There was just some grass. Level ground, no rocks even. And she just tripped.
    Twice."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Candace seems unperturbed by the clamor, keeping on playing and wrapping the song up to a close. As she wraps up, she carefully places a cloak on the floor, obviously meant to be a receptacle for anyone who wishes to contribute a few coins.

You dance very well. It looks like you could use some new clothes though - I should show you where to get them around here, when we're done.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Anastasia smiles at the compliment. "Thank you." She frowns a little though and looks down at her clothes. "I have had these since the night we ran away. Perhaps it is time for some new ones. Yes."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #192

Another Scene

Grace arrives!
    This is her first time here, and while she doesn't normally frequent places like this. Not because the place was bad or anything, but she just tends to avoid places that make any sort of reputation on serving liquids.
    For a human, she's of about average height, though with incredibly bronzenly tanned skin, and vibrantly red hair. Her eyes are about the same level of vibrant color, though green rather than red. The weather might be kind of warm outside, but she's wearing a fairly thick sweater, and just some simple jeans.
    "Could I have. Iunno. Do you have mango juice?" She asks of whomever is working the counter. Probably Mist.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Ashley shrugs Willa's hand off. "'M fine. I'm depressed, not sick." She sighs, as if to illustrate her point.
    "Well...okay, I guess." Willa certainly seems concerned, but isn't going to help Ashley leave if she's really insistent.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Candace seems unperturbed by the clamor, keeping on playing and wrapping the song up to a close. As she wraps up, she carefully places a cloak on the floor, obviously meant to be a receptacle for anyone who wishes to contribute a few coins.

You dance very well. It looks like you could use some new clothes though - I should show you where to get them around here, when we're done.
    An unattached shadow walks along and passes over the cloak, leaving a few coins behind. Well, more than a few coins. A lot of coins. Hundreds of coins, and not small ones.
    People who toss the performers a little bit of money find they have a lot to give. The cloak soon becomes laden with a veritable heap of treasure, so much that one would have trouble picking it up again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Another Fiasco Scene

Sitting at the bar is Xavouir Markard, a humanoid with a green robe and cowl that shrouds his face, but not the six horns which protrude every which-way. He wears a glistening chain shirt over the robes, and a sword belt at his hip. Protruding from the scabbard, a yellow cat's eye, with a diameter of about half a foot, with a black pupil glances this way and that, not paying attention to a single detail for more than a second. From the eye a black hilt and cross guard spout from each side.

Xavouir notices Grace order. He himself appears to be drinking lemonade out of a sippy cup (Kitty said that he'd drop it again, so might as well prepare), and after Grace orders, he says: Heya. First time here?

His voice is a not so soft tenure, and as he says the words, the eye on the sword hilt stares daggers (no pun intended) at the six foot tall man.

Oh relax. No one that cute could be plotting my demise. Unless she's a succubus. You aren't a succubus are you? Kitty doesn't seem to trust you, and just wants to make sure.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Another Fiasco Scene

Sitting at the bar is Xavouir Markard, a humanoid with a green robe and cowl that shrouds his face, but not the six horns which protrude every which-way. He wears a glistening chain shirt over the robes, and a sword belt at his hip. Protruding from the scabbard, a yellow cat's eye, with a diameter of about half a foot, with a black pupil glances this way and that, not paying attention to a single detail for more than a second. From the eye a black hilt and cross guard spout from each side.

Xavouir notices Grace order. He himself appears to be drinking lemonade out of a sippy cup (Kitty said that he'd drop it again, so might as well prepare), and after Grace orders, he says: Heya. First time here?

His voice is a not so soft tenure, and as he says the words, the eye on the sword hilt stares daggers (no pun intended) at the six foot tall man.

Oh relax. No one that cute could be plotting my demise. Unless she's a succubus. You aren't a succubus are you? Kitty doesn't seem to trust you, and just wants to make sure.
    Another Scene

"Um. Y-yes, actually. How did you know?" Grace asks, frowning slightly at the question.
    "Oh. N-no! Not at all. I am not, have never been, and have no desire to be a succubus either.

Kitty?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Another Scene

"Um. Y-yes, actually. How did you know?" Grace asks, frowning slightly at the question.
    "Oh. N-no! Not at all. I am not, have never been, and have no desire to be a succubus either.

Kitty?"
    All in body language. I'm a good reader of people.

Well that's relief. Huh? Oh shut up Kitty, I know she's telling the truth! Kitty says 'that's exactly what a succubus would say', but I think you are who you say you are.

Oh! My, I never even bothered to introduce myself. I'm Xavouir
    (He says it like "Zav-wah") Markard, and this here's my sword Kitty. She's shy, but she claims that it's vigilance. I claim that she's a scaredy cat. Heh, pun not intended.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Y-yes? She tripped on a flat surface. There was just some grass. Level ground, no rocks even. And she just tripped. Twice."
    Oliver just shakes his head and finishes his drink. He starts working on his ribs, saying, "One time I thought I met a god. Turned out it was just a super-powerful dictator. I believed him for a while though."

19. - Top - End - #199

All in body language. I'm a good reader of people.

Well that's relief. Huh? Oh shut up Kitty, I know she's telling the truth! Kitty says 'that's exactly what a succubus would say', but I think you are who you say you are.

Oh! My, I never even bothered to introduce myself. I'm Xavouir
    (He says it like "Zav-wah") Markard, and this here's my sword Kitty. She's shy, but she claims that it's vigilance. I claim that she's a scaredy cat. Heh, pun not intended.
    "Oh, I, I see. I suppose that makes sense." Then she has to blink at him again. "I- I do suppose that's what a succubus would say. But I believe a succubus would also be trying to seduce people, rather than just ordering a drink.
    Though I suppose one could lead to the other, and it's unfair of me to make assumptions based on race. Though that means I'm really not helping my case."

"Oh, a sentient sword. Um. Hello?"
    Grace leans over a bit, and kind of does an unsure wave over at Xavouir's sword.

Oliver just shakes his head and finishes his drink. He starts working on his ribs, saying, "One time I thought I met a god. Turned out it was just a super-powerful dictator. I believed him for a while though."
    "Hmmm. Like, super powerful to the point he was able to confirm and show off with miracles? Or what would appear to be, of course. Or if not, what was he doing?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-02-13 at 07:24 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I, I see. I suppose that makes sense." Then she has to blink at him again. "I- I do suppose that's what a succubus would say. But I believe a succubus would also be trying to seduce people, rather than just ordering a drink.
    Though I suppose one could lead to the other, and it's unfair of me to make assumptions based on race. Though that means I'm really not helping my case."

"Oh, a sentient sword. Um. Hello?"
    Grace leans over a bit, and kind of does an unsure wave over at Xavouir's sword.
    Kitty's black pupil dilates, and keeps dilating until Xavouir slaps the eye.

Shut up, missy! Be nice to the definitely not a succubus cute / attractive redhead! Wait, did I say all of those adjectives loud? I meant to say Grace. Definitely meant to say Grace.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

"Heyyyy. Cheer up though." Naku says with a smile. Her history isn't the nicest, but it's in the past, and she obviously seems fine about it now. "It really is fine. I do apologize if I was a bit harsh explaining, though."

"Y-yes? She tripped on a flat surface. There was just some grass. Level ground, no rocks even. And she just tripped.
    Twice."
    Lynton smiles back at her. She was very kind for someone he just met. Then he turns to Oliver.
    "I met a god once. I had to make a deal with him, but what do you give a god?"

22. - Top - End - #202

Kitty's black pupil dilates, and keeps dilating until Xavouir slaps the eye.

Shut up, missy! Be nice to the definitely not a succubus cute / attractive redhead! Wait, did I say all of those adjectives loud? I meant to say Grace. Definitely meant to say Grace.
    Grace blushes slightly at Xavouir's comments, and drop stop waving once he smacks the eye.
    "Y-yes. Definitely.

So. Um. What. What brings you here?"
    She asks, somewhat flustered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton smiles back at her. She was very kind for someone he just met. Then he turns to Oliver.
    "I met a god once. I had to make a deal with him, but what do you give a god?"
    Naku remains quiet, and just listens. The question wasn't addressed at her, and the god she had found would have . . . well. A potentially wildly different answer to the question.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Hmmm. Like, super powerful to the point he was able to confirm and show off with miracles? Or what would appear to be, of course. Or if not, what was he doing?"
    "I started believing him when he healed a persons leg with a touch of his hand." Oliver chuckles, saying, "I was younger, and more foolish. Not to say I'm not still foolish!" Suddenly, Oliver takes on a serious tone, saying, "However, if it was advanced enough, couldn't technology replicate miracles? I suppose that's what the dictator used." He ends his sentence by clearing his plate of his ribs, burping quietly, then apologizing.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Well...okay, I guess." Willa certainly seems concerned, but isn't going to help Ashley leave if she's really insistent.
    Ashley cricks her neck after standing, and lets out a breath. She brushes off her slacks. "Alright, I'll follow you, then."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Grace blushes slightly at Xavouir's comments, and drop stop waving once he smacks the eye.
    "Y-yes. Definitely.

So. Um. What. What brings you here?"
    She asks, somewhat flustered.
    I was thirsty from do-gooding, and so I came here. What brings a vision such as yourself here?

Kitty remains content, for now

26. - Top - End - #206

"I started believing him when he healed a persons leg with a touch of his hand." Oliver chuckles, saying, "I was younger, and more foolish. Not to say I'm not still foolish!" Suddenly, Oliver takes on a serious tone, saying, "However, if it was advanced enough, couldn't technology replicate miracles? I suppose that's what the dictator used." He ends his sentence by clearing his plate of his ribs, burping quietly, then apologizing.
    "Replicate, sure. Enough to be convincing, at least.
    I guess that kind of action has always eluded me. I just. I just don't see the appeal in lying to people in order to gain followers. Eventually, the secrets will come to light, and it'll only be bad news. Not, admittedly, that I see the appeal in being in charge of people either."

I was thirsty from do-gooding, and so I came here. What brings a vision such as yourself here?

Kitty remains content, for now
    "I've heard good places about here, and I happened to be kind of h-" Grace coughs slightly. "Sorry. I happened to be kind of thirsty, so I thought I'd check it out.
    What. Uh. What sort of do-gooding?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've heard good places about here, and I happened to be kind of h-" Grace coughs slightly. "Sorry. I happened to be kind of thirsty, so I thought I'd check it out.
    What. Uh. What sort of do-gooding?"
    Kitty and I herald of a death goddess. She doesn't appreciate undead, what with them skipping over the whole dying part, so she made Kitty. Kitty's been around for a few thousand (million? iunno, time's fuzzy) years, with the sole purpose of finding a worthy wielder, and using them as a conduit for divine justice. I'm the current wielder, doing this as penance for my demonyness. I'm trying to rise, be a good person. This seemed like a good cause.

What was with that cough? Are you sick?

28. - Top - End - #208

Kitty and I herald of a death goddess. She doesn't appreciate undead, what with them skipping over the whole dying part, so she made Kitty. Kitty's been around for a few thousand (million? iunno, time's fuzzy) years, with the sole purpose of finding a worthy wielder, and using them as a conduit for divine justice. I'm the current wielder, doing this as penance for my demonyness. I'm trying to rise, be a good person. This seemed like a good cause.

What was with that cough? Are you sick?
    "Oh. I see. Well I, I kind of . . . I don't really have a job title, not gonna lie. But I follow the goddess of hope, and kind of try to just help out with that when I can. That does sound like a good cause. Good for you!

Nah, sorry. Not sick, just something caught in my throat. My apologies."
    Grace says, before sipping at her drink slightly. She did have to admit, it might only be a simple fruit juice, but it is quite good.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Replicate, sure. Enough to be convincing, at least.
    I guess that kind of action has always eluded me. I just. I just don't see the appeal in lying to people in order to gain followers. Eventually, the secrets will come to light, and it'll only be bad news. Not, admittedly, that I see the appeal in being in charge of people either."
    "Fair points." Oliver stands up. "I've never been fond of being a leader either. But, I am off to less...shall we say, respectable places. You're welcome to join me, but I doubt you'll want to." He waits for any answer before he leaves.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-02-16 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Formatting is hard.

30. - Top - End - #210

"Fair points." Oliver stands up. "I've never been fond of being a leader either. But, I am off to less...shall we say, respectable places. You're welcome to join me, but I doubt you'll want to." He waits for any answer before he leaves.
    "Do you expect trouble?" Naku asks, one eyebrow raising out of curiosity.
    Show