New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Character idea - Kobold Rogue (Thief)

So, I had the idea for a character.
    A Kobold Thief, probably with the Urchin background.
    Haven't statted him out, purely thought exercise for the moment. I just love the idea, and wanted to share it with you Playgrounders.

Name: Little Rat, but also listens to 'Rat' or 'LR'.
    Race: Kobold.
    Height: 2'4".
    Weight: Not a whole lot.
    Expertise at 1st: Sleight of Hand and Perception.

The idea I had for this little guy, named 'Little Rat' because of people shouting "Get back here, you little rat!" after he'd nicked something.

Anyway. Small Kobold with delusions of grandeur.
    He's the basic Rogue, though the Expertise in Investigation would have to be something he's taught by the party to do. He just likes shinies he can see laying about, and will usually try to sequester them away.

As they grow closer to the rest of the party, this childlike critter will, out of respect and admiration for his friends, try and emulate something from each of them, as his way of saying that he likes them.

A Barbarian might get him to try and get a Greatsword, which is actually a Shortsword, but he's tiny. A Beastmaster Ranger will have him getting a dog for a mount/pet to try and be a ranger too. Or maybe trying to ride the party Druid into battle.

Beyond that, he's supposed to be a lovable little scamp that will have the party seriously consider getting him a kiddy leash for when they're in town, to keep an eye on him.

Oh, and when he fights, he likes to clamber up onto enemies, picking their pockets or grabbing one of the knives/Daggers on their person.. and then stab said person in the neck with it. Basically do his Rogue thing.

I just love the mental image of a tiny, hyper-excitable little Kobold being adorable one moment, and a Gods-damned nightmare made scaly flesh the next.

Let me know what you think. I also grant permission to any DMs reading this to put this guy in as an NPC to guide the party through a town. Or as a lackey to your BBEG.

I just ask that you share how your players liked the character with the rest of us.
    Call it playtesting, since I have too many character ideas to test them all at a table in person.
    Last edited by DarkKnightJin; 2017-11-23 at 01:01 AM.