The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket: " Indeed. And the pony in question lost its reason to live since then. We have nothing against you and your kind but you have a rogue individual that target preys that are weak and intoxicated. If you want to live with other races and be given magic willingly, forcefully attacking someone will not work. It will give your kind of bad impression of Minicores if this continue. But so that we are clear, I made dragons submit to me in the past. We are not afraid of you," He say, with confidence.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

After a brief pause, there came a strained laugh.

"Do not pretend to know us," the voice croaked. Something large moved in the misty jungle ahead of you.

"I do not want to harm you," the voice stuttered with measured words. "I want to talk. But I must make you leave this place." A silhouette materialized from the mist and a figure stepped forward.

It's fur was dark orange to umber and it stood on four pony-like legs but that as only its lower half; the top of the creature was a torso with two muscled arms. The beast's face was a long bullish snout framed by a tangled mane and two curled, segmented horns. Clamped tightly around its neck was a silver collar sporting a circular amulet with a waving, concentric design.

"So, will you leave with just talk? Or will I be forced to make you?" the creature asked, flexing its arms and cracking its neck.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-22 at 11:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan gasped, and then... hurried to write down in her notebook.
    "What are you? And what are you hiding?' She has asked, right now, being a lost academic in her thoughts
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket sigh, poked very slightly Roxan so she could focus back: " Looks like you have orders or a compelling that to make you want to make us leave, something that you cant go against. Ok, so as manticore rules say, we need to make you submit and only after we established our dominance, THEN you'll be available for a talk, right? That's what I being told by somecreature like you... "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-23 at 08:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

The creature let out another laugh, neck straining against its collar. Then, it let out a deafening bellow. Mossy winced. You all felt the ground rumbling and saw the creature barreling towards you in a full charge.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Everyone needs to make some effort to get out of the way or otherwise resist the centaur's charge (a Defend action in game terms).

Centaur's attack
    Forceful(4d3)[3][2][2][2](9) - 8 + 3 = 4

So if your defense doesn't roll higher than you will take the difference in damage.

Regardless, you are still free to act on your turn, attacking the enemy, creating some advantage for your team, etc.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-25 at 04:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket felt but he was ready...

With a huge sonic boom, he charged in a flying assault against the creature. He forcefully stop the charge and push the creature back with the impact to its neck

" My name is Rocket Blast you weakling! I'll kick you to the Moon and back if you aren't careful! "

He then take some distance of the creature in a flash, putting himself above the creature and out of reach readying himself for another assault on the beast. He made sure to not face the direction Roxan crystal exploded before turning around.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-27 at 08:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Colossus in the Playground

Nessy yelped, and attempted to jump out of the way, using just enough of her concentration to create an effect. In this case, a wayward golden magic aura can be seen overhead, attempting to pry a branch down, to fall onto the centaur's head.

Dodge - Swift
    (4d3)[3][2][3][1](9) 3

Telekinesis - Clever (disadvantage)
    (4d3)[2][1][2][2](7) 1
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-09-26 at 08:41 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah! A real thrill! Woof!' Roxan barked with excitment, and dived into the ground, digging so quick, it was as if she swam.
    But was she QUICK enough?
    -------
    (4d3-5)[1][3][3][1](8)

----

If she succeed, she appear behind him, tossing a crystal wich is supposed to explode. Of course, she might miss, or use the wrong crystal.
    But she still snicker with amuse. https://youtu.be/hw3CE04LGiA

----
    Forceful(?)1
    Using fate to activate Crystal Geologist aspect to gain advantage. (It's +2?)

(4d3-7)[2][3][2][2](9)

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy dug her hooves into the earth and lowered her head, bracing for the impact of the creature's charge. Then Rocket flashed ahead of her, aiming squarely for the creature's neck. The creature saw the incoming Pegasus and contorted itself, perhaps trying to duck out of the way. But Rocket flew true and slammed into the creature with a hard thud and a sharp crack. You all saw the creature stumble, swerving away, its momentum carrying it crashing into a tree.

Nessy was able to dodge out of the way of the wayward charge and Roxan easily took shelter in the earth. Mossy charged towards the creature as it shook its head and tried to get its bearings. Above its head, a tree branch quivered but did not fall. Roxan emerged from the earth and hurled a small sparkling crystal which impacted on the creature's flank. It detonated with a bang and a white flash. Mossy squinted and hesitated in her charge.

Once everyone cleared their eyes and, they saw the creature clawing at its neck. It looked like the collar it wore was seriously damaged by Rocket's impact. With a snap, the creature tore apart the collar and tossed the two halves into the bush. It turned around, flashed you all a toothy smile, then bounded off into the jungle and vanished.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Nobody takes any damage.

Mossy:
    Forceful:(4d3)[2][2][2][2](8) - 8 + 3 = 3
    Forceful:(4d3)[3][1][2][1](7) - 8 + 3 = 2

Creature:
    Forceful:(4d3)[1][2][2][2](7) - 8 + 3 = 2
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-27 at 10:54 AM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

" As I thought, I was thinking there collars thing were weird... You cant be born with one. Troups, we have to consider the possibility the manticore are an enslaved race. Yous aw how it smiled before going away? "

He turn to his troups: " We should try to examie that collar, if you dont mind. I could go retrieve it but your senses are better then mine. Nessy, you think you can retrieve it with telekenesis? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-27 at 11:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan "I can try to sense if there magic in it.' she raised an empty crystal

12. - Top - End - #912

Creatures of....this kind, for lack of a better term, typically have tokens or items that, to them, hold some significance. Binding them to another, as it were, like reminding them of a promise. Though there's a good chance that we just broke something we weren't supposed to break.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket's nod: " Yeah, we need to not remove there collars from now on... I didn't realize before but it seem more important then what my contact implied. I am not sure if we just made a mistake or not but remember folks, it was all in good faith. We were trying to protect ourselves from its attack and we had no way to know what those collars do. "

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"It looked like the creature tried to pull the collar off itself." Mossy said frowning. "I guess it wanted the collar off, but couldn't break it apart until Rocket loosened it? In any case, that beast is gone and we're free to explore whatever it was guarding."

Roxan poked around in the bushes empty crystal in paw but wasn't able to find the remains of the beast's collar.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-28 at 05:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket sighed: " You are right but let's review something. I will not be soft on you guys: I am a bit disappointed in you guys in this fight... "

he turn to Roxan first: "Roxan girl, digging throught the earth to dodge is a good idea but a blinding Crystal will only work if it hit the head. It need to hit as close as the eyes as possible. "

Turn to Nessy: " I am sure you meant well with that branch but try to pick a something looser next time. Another tactic could be to actually guide Roxan Crystal for maximum effect. You should try to train together more often. "

Turn to Mossy: " Mossy... you froze. That's the worst mistake in this fight. You need to assist your teammates as much as they assist you. But Im sure you'll learn from this, you are a smart mare after all"

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan has folded her ears and whined in shame.
    There were no need to correct Rocket, that it actually wad the boomy kind of crystal...

17. - Top - End - #917

What branch? Evanescent asked. Having attempted to manipulate it with magic, it was plausible she did it unconsciously, though one can't rule out simply playing dumb, though probably to herself.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I appreciate your concern captain, but I as blinded by the explosion. When my vision cleared, the creature was tearing off the collar and fleeing," Mossy said with a shrug, not being a fan of Rocket's slightly patronizing tone. She glanced towards the jungle.

"Shall we continue?"

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket ponder what you all said and sigh: " This is also my fault. I should have overview some battle techniques and more training since I became the captain. We can do that between missions but you are right Mossy, we need to continue. Ill just ask for one last thing before we does however: I just want Nessy to understad something before we do. Raise your front paw or leg if you saw Nessy do some telekenesis in time of crisis before," He say, rising his hoof.

(I believe we all did at some point)

Rocket continue: " Its a rare gift you have Nessy among ponies. I can help you develop your talents only if you want to grow better pony. Every tools we have against those who oppose the Tree of Harmony. That include the changelings you despise so much. You'll be much more stronger if you let us help you. So from now on, let's all try to aim to be what we were hired to be: the best ship among the Harmony Fleet. ONWARD! "

He then goes to what that Minicore was guarding, inviting the rest of the crew to follow him.

20. - Top - End - #920

Evanescent's eyes dart around as she became slightly more uneasy. What are you talking about? Earth ponies can't use telekinesis. As much as i'd like to be able to.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Evanescent's eyes dart around as she became slightly more uneasy. What are you talking about? Earth ponies can't use telekinesis. As much as i'd like to be able to.
    ROcket sigh: " It was said in your medical report that you had a bit of amnesia about what happened in the Kindness Kingdom invasion. It's normal for ponies to devellop traumas in war. But I assure you that you were a special pony back then with hidden talents. It was said that it was one reason the swarm had being interested in you back then. You locked away your potential and some of your memories as a result... but I can help you restaure it. You will have to trust me though but I assure you that if you wanna get back at the Black Swarm, you'll need to unleash that potential once again. If you don't understand what I'm saying, we can talk about it more once the Mission is over. For now, we need to get going."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-01 at 03:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan looked at Rocket, narrowing her eyes, shaking her head violently.
    "It's not a subject you should treat LIGHTLY, Captain' it's rare when she sound so offical and cold.
    And wordlessly, tried to commuicate, that they need to talk in private later.

23. - Top - End - #923

Amnesia? How come nopony told me I had amnesia? Evanescent was more confused than anything, having no knowledge she was in such a condition. Even more special abilities? Was she some kind of hornless unicorn? Was that even possible?

I'll have to take you up on talking about it, later. Let's get going. Nessy agreed, walking towards what the centaur was guarding.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan look at Rocket angerly, gesturing toward Evensacent behind her back, with expriession of "look at what you have done!"

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy said nothing, a contemplative frown on her face. What did Rocket know about Nessy that she did not? Did he know something about herself, like what happened to her in that long span of years that were nothing but fuzzy feelings of happiness and grief? She shook her head. Right now they had a job to do and these questions would have to wait.

In any case, it seemed Nessy was not just an earth pony, much as Mossy was not just an earth pony.

The party delved into the misty jungle in the direction of the structure Rocket had previously seen. Soon, those hard silhouettes came into view and you emerged into a second clearing.

It was definitely the remains of some artificial structure. Stone blocks and squat pillars littered the ground surrounding a large, square, open pit. The walls of this pit were mossy masonry and a gnarled tree grew in this depression. At the bottom of the pit you see three stone door frames set in the walls delving into the earth.

Many of the blocks and pillars surrounding the pit bear inscriptions, though these are all weathered and finding an interesting, readable one would take some effort.

"Nessy, want to try and decipher this stuff?" Mossy asked, indicating the various carvings.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For ease of reference, these passages at the bottom of the pit are the east, south, and west passages.

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    This place reeks of that musky beast smell. It is probably the lair of that centaur creature.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-10-02 at 08:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket let Mossy and Nessy trying to read those runes. Its not his strenght. Instead he stay behind near Roxan and he whisper to her: " It's normal she's confused but dont worry, I have a plan and it,s going well. She needs to first accept there is something different about her. The transition will be smoother later then if we do nothing. Besides, ennemies wont wait for us to be stronger before facing them. We need to be at the top of our game. "

(There is not a lot Rocket can do in this situation. Instead, he will reassure Roxan who seem angry at him)

27. - Top - End - #927

Maybe I have a special ability that would help. Evanescent half-joked as she looked over the runes.

Clever (Invoking Librarian aspect for +2)
    (4d3)[1][2][1][2](6) 3
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-10-02 at 06:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

To Rocket. 'Have you considered, she might have some mojo mind programing for such cases? She must stay ignorant!'
    and end there the discussion hurry to join the others.

"Well, this is the centaur's home.'

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Evanescent wove through the ruins, Mossy doggedly plodding behind her, doing what she could to help but mostly just offering Old Ponish translations. In this exploration of the area surrounding the pit, you weren't able to find any staircases or other clear ways down into the pit proper.

What you were able to find was a number of very intriguing carvings. From what you had read concerning archaeology, you were able to judge that some of these carvings were older than others. These older inscriptions were mostly fragments of Old Ponish and pictograms which Mossy thought might be in reference to ancient constellations like Sabina the Brave and the Masked Healer. She was able to pick out the word 'temple' a few times. The rune representing the Tree of Harmony reappeared and in all cases was similarly weathered or defaced.

The newer inscriptions were less familiar. They were crudely carved, in many cases hacked over preexisting inscriptions. Some appeared to be little more than random graffiti. Others were reinterpretations of the old constellations, drawing new lines between stars and assigning new names like The Blazing Horns and The Great-Bat's Wings. In addition to the Old Ponish, there was also another, unfamiliar script in these newer carvings. It was sharp and spidery, the characters blending into one another. Some of the shapes reminded Nessy of the design on Morakrut's amulet and the centaur's collar.

30. - Top - End - #930

Look here. Evanescent pointed to a weathered script. You'll notice some of these glyphs are still used in our modern alphabet. That's how you know it's Old Ponish, but look over here. She pointed to the more angular script. It's a completely different language, right here you can see it carved in front of some Ponish script. Whoever wrote this clearly moved in after ponies had.

You can see these carvings, or more accurately, dots, here. Arranged like the stars in the night. My best guess is that this was once some kind of old academy. Likely Ancient Unicornian. I couldn't begin to tell you what or why whoever lives here, now, made these marks but I am sensing some pony-hostility, since these carvings do cover Old Unicornian script, and none of these constellations are known to pony astronomy.
    She indicates to the 'new' constellations placed.

Hmm, weird how the labels for these new constellations are written in Ponish, but these glyphs right here are in a script i've never seen before. Indicating to the spidery glyphs. I suspect there's a third party in play. We should be careful, they might not appreciate us trespassing on what they might think is their home.