New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Rocket frown: " Next time you think a changeling is among us, warn me ok? In fact, in fact, let's come out with a code just for the two of us. If one of us think the other is a changeling, we can say the code word and the other have to answer accordingly. How about " Kiss the cook " . If we doubt the other is himself, ask " Kiss? " and I'll answer " The cook ". You understand? "
    Roxan sighed. "It wasn't as simple. There were things off about her. Mostly, how she could smell emotions better then me, yet not smelling other stuff that well. I just had feeling that something could be wrong, but I didn't had proves. You know what? I didn't wanted to find proves. How did you discoveted it anyway?'

She tilt her head and snickered. "Fine. Sound funny. Hehe.'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket scratched ROxan behind the ear: " The only reason I was hired as the captain of the crew was because I was fine with each crewmember background. I always knew girl. But I didn't know to to approach Nessy about it. She really hate changelings and she might have a mental breakdown if she realized what she is. Its... very touchy" he sigh.

" But you were looking guilty when we regrouped girl. SOmething on your mind? "

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan streched her neck, and would purr if she were abynsian.
    "We better leave it alone then. Or maybe...' she toyed with a crystal between her fingers. "No.. this will be mean thing to do...' she ranted to herself.
    This was quite the heavy subject, that eve talking about her guilt was better.
    "I have many reasons to feel guilty. But today...' she paused.
    "The pooOoOony we are looking for, reminded me of myself. And Mossy suspect that he betraying his marefriend... I argued against it... but still..."
    Her ears folded.
    "I am not loyal. I can leave my dears behind without looking back. I did it in the past... and might do it again.'

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket chuckle: " Well you seem to have forgotten you didn't betray me yet. And beside, if you were to quit your job without warning now, it would be considered "disertion". That's illegal and you would become a criminal. So if you were to leave, don't forget to warn the crew about it. Ok? "

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Rocket chuckle: " Well you seem to have forgotten you didn't betray me yet. And beside, if you were to quit your job without warning now, it would be considered "disertion". That's illegal and you would become a criminal. So if you were to leave, don't forget to warn the crew about it. Ok? "
    Roxan sigh. "I am terrible at good byss... beside, I want to change'

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Roxan sigh. "I am terrible at good byss... beside, I want to change'
    Rocket smile: " You already changed you know? No longer on the road, enjoying the life on the ship and the adventures given by the Whinnylight. Don't worry too much. Now, we should get back with the rest of the pack don't you think? "

He chuckle at his use of the word "pack" instead of "crew".

(I think we can move on now, unless Igo wanna add something)

7. - Top - End - #847
    Colossus in the Playground

Well we can't always be gallant heroes, charging in to save the day from what evil threat endangers the world, today. Sometimes, we need to actually FIND the threat, first, you know? Evanescent answered. Heck, sometimes, evil wears a friendly face. Hide in plain sight, as well as the shadows. Even then, they may be so entrenched in society, that simply going after them would only work in evils' interests, as it makes the heroes look like the villains.

Personally, I wish we could just have the whole Harmony Fleet go in guns ablazing at the head of a massive army to liberate the Kingdom of Kindness, but...we just have to be patient, you know?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"When the Everfree was expanding, when His chaos was running rampant, it wasn't hard to find the threat," Mossy observed, then sighed. "But times change. And it has been a long, long time since then. Now we fight Changelings that can take the appearance of our loved ones and kidnappers that hide in the shadows and corrupt minds with a purple dust. I am starting to find them scarier than the greatest boil of Plundervines, and I worry that's what our enemies want. Vigilance and patience, that's what I have to strive for. "

Mossy sighed, then got up and grinned at Nessy.

"Thank you for listening to my ramblings this late. I look forward to leading the charge with you into the Kingdom of Kindness."

Everyone returned to their quarters and slept through an uneventful night. The following morning, you had breakfast with Clever Plan in the ship's kitchen, explaining your plan and what you had learned from the previous day.

"Since you'll want to explore this Mistveils jungle as soon as possible, I can pass along your findings to Night Watch and Sharp Spectacles," Clever said once you had finished. "Good luck on your safari."

With that, you wove through the streets of Chordfield to the far north side of town, leaving the colorful downtown alleys for neighborhoods of cozy houses and homely farms. Suburban Chordfield was decidedly quieter than downtown and you got to enjoy the calls of unfamiliar songbirds. In a small shopping center and farmer's market, you found a large building with a sign that read "Mistveils Safari Co.".

Inside the lobby a massive mural depicting a mist-filled jungle covered the wall behind the main desk. Photographs of smiling Ponies in a similar jungle environment, past expeditions you assumed, hung from the walls in droves. There was a poster describing the distances people should keep from the local fauna over a glass case displaying some adventuring gear. An earth pony with a wide grin and a fiery red mane waved to you as you came in.

"Hey there friends! What can I get you?"

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket give a friendly tap on Clever shoulder: " We wouldn't be able to be heroes without you Clever. Thank you for your good work."

Rocket is first to present himself to the Earth Pony. He goes shake his hood: " I am Rocket Blast. We came here because we need to travel in the Mistveil of course. You are Mister... ? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-08-18 at 12:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Blazing Trails, no need for mister," Blazing Trails said, vigorously shaking Rocket's hoof. In doing so he noticed Rocket's Harmony Fleet pin. "The Fleet? You on shore leave in Chordfield? Come for the festival?"

"No, we're here on buisiness," Mossy clarified. "We want to explore the Mistveils because we believe there could be monsters lurking within."

Blazing Trails raised an eyebrow and then chuckled a little.

"Fleet business, I'm honored! Well, there's definitely some pretty dangerous critters in the jungle. Vine panthers and the like. " He thought for a moment. "I get the sense you're in a bit of a hurry friends? If you want to leave now I can get you some gear and give you the crash course on Mistveils. Won't be able to join you myself I'm afraid as it isn't a scheduled trip. Does that work for you, friends?"

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan shrugged.
    "Well, I am always happy to venture with new friends. But as long as we have map or anything we are fine. Though..." she paused.

'Do you know of other poOooonies or doggos who used your services lately?'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #852

Also, a field guide to the kinds of critters found in the Mistveils would be fantastic. She might have to skim through it, but it'd be useful if they have any run-ins.

By all means, any help you can provide would be invaluable.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Blazing Trail took you through the building to a locker room of sorts where he began snatching saddlebags off the wall and rooting through them.

"Plenty of ponies go on our safaris, pretty consistently," he told Roxan as he worked. "Oh, and here."

He passed out a folded map to everyone. It detailed the geography of the Mistveils, including common tour routes, particularly dangerous stretches of the jungle, and various landmarks. The detail of the map grew sparser in the deeper part of the forest. Nessy also received a small, plain green book titled 'The Mistveils: A Survivalist's Guide'.

"First rule of the Mistveils: stick together. Second rule: stay on course. One of you needs to be a dedicated navigator because its easy to get lost and wander in circles. Also, avoid the no-go zones on the map. Unless that's where you're headed, I suppose. You'll also need a strong, sure-hoofed pony to do the trail blazing. Beyond the edges of the jungle we don't have any maintained paths. Everypony else should always be keeping their eyes open."

Blazing Trail gave a hefty pack to each of you and began leading your out the back of the building and down a forested path that came to an imposing wall of tall leafy trees and wild undergrowth. A plain dirt trail led into the jungle.

"Provisions, signalling mirrors, Loyal Army knives, bug spray, rope, first aid kits, and lamps. Don't start any fires. We're trying to conserve this jungle after all. Don't try and fly through the canopy. Look out for sinkholes. Vine Panthers aren't afraid of you. All Shock Ant bites are serious. Don't stay the night if you can help it."

He paused for a moment, before the Mistveils.

"I could go on. But you all seem to be in a hurry."

Spoiler: OOC Translation:
    Show
    One of you needs to trail-blaze (Probably a Forceful roll)
    One of you needs to navigate (Probably a Clever or Careful roll)
    Two of you need to keep an eye open for dangers and clues (Probably Clever, Careful, Quick, or Sneaky depending on how you wanted to do it)

Mossy will take whatever position is given to her, but prefers trail-blazing

If all these tasks will go well, exploring the Mistveils will go smoothly and you'll find clues/ get closer to something interesting without incident. Failing some of these tasks will cause complications for example getting lost, running into some dangerous flora/fauna, etc.

Some of the equipment might come in handy if you run into one of these complications.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket raise a eyebrow at one point: " Why shouldnt we fly throught or above the canopy? And no, I dont think we are THAT much in a hurry... We can spare a few minutes.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-08-21 at 02:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #855

Oh! I read some books on navigating in the woods, you know. Just in case I got lost, or something. I can help navigate. Nessy answered, raising a hoof confidently.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

"Because it will be boOoOoring, Rocket? It's a jungle! Will your spirit rest jn peace, knowing that you could venture the jungle, and has chosen not to?!"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #857

Roxan, I know you're eager, but a few minutes' delay doesn't mean we're not going in the jungle.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"If there is a clearing, go ahead and fly above the canopy," Blazing Trail told Rocket. "Just don't try and force your way through anywhere else. It's easy to get caught in the branches and vines of the Mistveil canopy, and some rather territorial monkeys make their home up there are well."

"I can do the trail blazing," Mossy offered, flexing one of her stout legs. "I've dealt with the Everfree. The Mistveils shouldn't be a problem."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-26 at 11:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Alright, thank you! Ah, one last question Blazing, what would be the most dangerous threat, to your opinion, we would have to look out for in the Mistveils? "

Quick roll (scouting)
    (4d3)[2][3][2][2](9)+ 3

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Getting lost," Blazing Trail said flatly. "Leave the wildlife alone, and they will leave you alone. So, be safe friends, and good luck out there."

With that, you turned to the stand of dense trees before you, and marched in. Quickly, the world changed. The air became wet and earthy, smelling of loam and fungus and carrying distant bird calls. Only a few flecks of sunlight filtered down through the canopy above. Under your hooves the ground was a spongy mess of leaf litter, crawling creepers, and broad-leafed, springy ferns. Branches drooped under the weight of vines. Processions of insects marched up tree trunks.

Fortunately, the map was richly detailed and Nessy was able to plot a course into the deep Mistveils past some of the more visible landmarks. Mossy tore through the underbrush making trails out of only the barest hint of a path once existing.

You made reasonable time. Rocket was able to stop a sleeping Vine Panther before you blundered into it and Roxan steered the group around a suspiciously sagging path of ground. As you got deeper into the jungle however, Nessy began to find it growing harder to orient herself with the map. Sometimes the group would pause in a clearing so Rocket could fly above the Mistveil's green ceiling and spot for Nessy.

In one of these clearings, you stopped to take a short rest. It was now the early afternoon and you were now properly in the deep Mistveils; even from high up Chordfield was a distant glittering blob. The mists were also growing denser becoming thick sheets of grey-white that hung in the air and between the trees.

In the clearing the ground opened up into a tunnel that snaked off into the earth. Moss clung to the rocks and ferns grew in the opening exposed to the sun. One of you also noticed an oddly shaped stone that, upon closer inspection, seemed to be some kind of very old, possible ancient, trail marker. On its weather, pitted surface were some inscriptions, though not in the common tongue.

OOC:
    You have made good progress and are getting closer to something... something important...

21. - Top - End - #861

Unfortunately, using the sun as a navigation aide was not going to work, so Nessy had to rely on the compass to ensure they tread a straight path. She recognized the old trail marker right away, but...it looked very old. Covered in moss, and clearly weatherbeaten. As she moved to examine it, she looked at the inscriptions, not recognizing the language at all. As far as she could tell, this may be Discordian Era, or even Pre-Hearthswarming.

Mossy, can you come here? Do you recognize these symbols? She asked, remembering that Mossy was also quite old.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy perked up and trotted over at Nessy's request. She looked over the trail marker, brow furrowed.

"It's Old Ponish, for sure. I think it says 'temple path', maybe some other stuff."

She peered closer at a particularly damaged and prominent rune, expression darkening.

"That's the symbol for the Tree of Harmony. But its been scratched out."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket chuckle, turn to Roxan: " That's not the first old temple we explored girl but wait for the pack this time ok? "

He turn to the others: " Let's explore. Maybe we are on a lead here. I am sure Blazing Trail would have told us about this if he knew or at least there would have being pictures of them on his walls..."

24. - Top - End - #864

Nessy is taken aback by Mossy's remarks, taking a cautious step away from the cave. We didn't...accidentally stumble on the cave that contained the old Tree of Harmony, making us the first ones to rediscover literally the most significant and important of historical sites in pony history, did we? She deadpanned, trying to restrain her overwhelming joy over such a significant cultural and historical find, with a cautious sense of optimism.

Because a site infused with such magic would surely have residual power that creatures who feed on pure magic, would be attracted to. Like ants to sugar.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy shook her head slowly.

"I don't... think so. If the Tree once stood here, we would feel it. Its roots under our hooves, that comfort, that understanding that all is well, that feeling of love... even if it was all just a memory..." she trailed off and then sighed.

"It wasn't uncommon for Ponies to use the rune for the Tree as a good luck charm. That's probably what this was; a blessing for travelers." Mossy didn't sound thrilled at this explanation. She felt crestfallen, having to undermine Nessy's excitement.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-29 at 10:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866

Hmm, yeah, okay, that makes sense. Nessy nodded. Slightly disappointed, but comfortable with the knowledge that stumbling on such a find was, at best, unlikely. It's also unlikely we'll figure out why it's so scratched out.

I can't smell that amount of love, anyway. Let's explore this cave, nontheless.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-08-29 at 11:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Rocket chuckle, turn to Roxan: " That's not the first old temple we explored girl but wait for the pack this time ok? "

He turn to the others: " Let's explore. Maybe we are on a lead here. I am sure Blazing Trail would have told us about this if he knew or at least there would have being pictures of them on his walls..."
    "I guess, I am rediscovering the joy of being part of a pack. So yeah. What our move?'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm with Nessy, lets take a peek into this cave," Mossy said.

You pulled some rope out from your packs and with Rocket's help easily dropped down into the moist cradle of earth. It was a quite small and shallow cave, just a tunnel really with a collapsed ceiling. Roots crawled along the walls and slick moss coated the floor where sun fell down. Indeed, the whole tunnel was quite slick. The air was cool, wet, and suffused with the smell of dirt and decay.

"A fine home for a fungus," Mossy said, prodding the floor. "Not as comfortable for a pony. I wonder what lives down here?"

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    Your sensitive nose catches the faint, earthy aroma of mushrooms from one end of the tunnel. Given the geology of the area you wouldn't be surprised if this tunnel connected back to the underground farms outside Ankhera.

You couldn't make out any familiar, distinct scent coming from the other end of the tunnel.

29. - Top - End - #869

Could be anything. Evanescent remarks. Hopefully nothing dangerous, though.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I think I can find here a shortcut to the farms outside of Ankhera.' Roxan say. Scratching some fungus with an empty crystal, wondering if there any magic in it

------
    My previouse Avater