The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Stone Skillet nodded, shook Rocket's hand, then hurried back to the kitchen.

Mossy bit her lip, realizing she hadn't really contribute to the investigation. Still, supporting Nessy was important as well.

"I think Roxan found somepony of interest. She's been chatting with this Unicorn for a while."

Spoiler: OOC: Nessy
    Show
    The air is humming with bright, sweet notes of enjoyment. There are other feelings swimming under this, but no strong nervousness or guilt.

"None creepier than I," Shadow Show said with a grin.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Nessy smiled to Rocket. You look like you could use it.

Also, I can't smell any nervous or guilty ponies.
    She points out. Which means either our perp is a sadist, and feels good about what they did, or they aren't here.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan laughed. "Why would you call yourself creepy?"
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I'm wondering if we should visit Soul Solo. I know the constable already got a report from her but... I kind of want to just let her know somepony is actually investigating what happened to her," Mossy suggested. "That, or maybe track down those Ponies who were with Soul Solo last night, figure out if they saw anything."

She shrugged.

"I meant that Soul Solo's fans are perfectly pleasant, not that I was particularly creepy," Shadow Show explained. "Why do you ask?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "I'm wondering if we should visit Soul Solo. I know the constable already got a report from her but... I kind of want to just let her know somepony is actually investigating what happened to her," Mossy suggested. "That, or maybe track down those Ponies who were with Soul Solo last night, figure out if they saw anything."

She shrugged.

"I meant that Soul Solo's fans are perfectly pleasant, not that I was particularly creepy," Shadow Show explained. "Why do you ask?"
    Roxan:"Creepy ponies are intresting. But I like you the way you are.' she smiled.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket nods: " True. We can just come back if needed. I didnt find any lead so we might as well try to question Solo about what she remember."

he look over at Roxan, he sigh: " I'll go get Roxan."

He walks toward Roxan. He ask with half a smile: " You made a new friend girl? Sorry but we are leaving soon..."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

"That fine. I kind of want to check Solo's place. Maybe there we will find something." Roxan said in friendly manner

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Well thank you, I quite enjoy you as well," Shadow Show said with a smile.

"If you appreciate the stranger sorts of Ponies, I suggest you look for Kazakar. He's the sorcerer of Ankhera, a bat pony that does magic to protect the community. A lot of visitors find him... well creepy, but he really is a kind pony and I think you would get on quite well with him." She thinks for a moment.

"Though, come to think of it, I haven't seen Kazakar around for a while. You might have to ask around to find him. Well, until we meet again Roxan, it was a pleasure."

You left the soft purple lights of the Batty Pegasus and climbed back into the sunlight. It was now later into the afternoon as you passed by downtown and entered the Soul Solo's neighborhood. It was a tight hive of houses and apartments built around forested green parks. Above the neighborhood loomed the domes of the Chordfield's auditoriums, glowing golden in the afternoon light. Following the given address, you came to a modest two story house. Curtains were drawn over all the windows, but there was light coming from within. You knocked on the door, making sure your Harmony Fleet pins were prominently displayed.

There was a shuffling and squeaking from inside, then a lock got turned and the door opened. Standing there was an older pegasus filly, her mane in a short ponytail, a firm, confident expression on her face.

"Hi. I'm Cave Diver. Mom said you might be coming over. Do you want to talk to her?"

Further back in the house, a much younger bat pony was peering at you from behind a couch.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket is in the front, introduce himself with a warm smile: " I am Rocket Blast, captain of the Whinylight. Yes, we would appreciate if you could introduce us to Miss Solo. We are investigating what happened to her. "

By the time he end his sentence, his tone become empatic and a tad worried.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Alright, follow me," Cave Diver said, stepping away from the door and ushering you inside. She beckoned to the bat pony behind the couch who vanished and then sprinted out to join her sister, glancing nervously at the strange visitors in her home. Cave Diver took you up the stairs past pictures of her, Soul Solo, and Mystery. She opened the door to one of the bedrooms and led you in.

A Unicorn, Soul Solo, sat hunched over a desk, scribbling away on a notepad with a pencil in her mouth. Beside her was a trashcan overflowing with broken pencils and crumpled sheets of paper. She looked weary and drained, like a pony that had all their energy sapped by a disease. Her coat was dull, its colors unusually muted and her flank was bare of any mark. Over her ears were a pair of chunky headphones connected to a old tape player. On a bedside table was a picture of her two fillies and beside it was an expensive looking violin and bow.

When the party entered the room, Soul Solo looked up from her work, pulled off her headphones and then showed the note she had been working on to Cave Diver and Mystery. The two fillies hugged their mother, then Cave Diver left the room for the stairs while Mystery hopped onto the bed, watching you all expectently.

Soul Solo quickly scribbled out another note and showed it to you all.

"Welcome. Who? Questions?"

Cave Diver came back up and handed out orange juice to anypony who wanted a glass.

"And ask me or Mystery anything you want. We might be able to answer, and Mom can only write so fast."

11. - Top - End - #761

Mystery, why did that name sound familiar...

Well, we hope you're doing well, considering the circumstances. Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this. First, well, the, uh, what's the term? Ponies who enforce government law? She looked to the rest of the group, forgetting what police were. Anyways, they said as you were getting home, you heard music. I want to know if music was unusual to hear, at that time of night, and if it wasn't, if there was anything strange about it. An unusual genre, off-key notes could indicate magic conveyed through a musical medium. Or at least that's what she read in a book once.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Soul Solo began scribbling away on a fresh piece of paper.

"Cave Diver, were you awake when your mom got home last night? Did you notice anything out of the ordinary or hear any music?" Mossy asked, sipping from her orange juice.

"Yeah, mom coming home woke me and Mystery up. We really didn't sleep well that night to begin with. But mom was really out of it."

"She was all grey, like in the story of the Brother Beasts! It was scary!" Mystery chimed in to which Cave Diver nodded.

"I don't remember her saying anything. I just helped her into bed and the next morning we figure out she couldn't talk. As for music, I dunno. That night was a bit of a blur. There might have been some music playing outside but I don't know for sure, I was really tired."

Soul Solo finished and showed her note to everypony.

Music beautiful strange. Unlike anything else.

OOC: If you want to try and recall anything related to the story of the Brother Beasts, make a Clever roll.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-07-08 at 10:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Clever
    (4d3)[1][1][2][1](5) + ?? (Not at home, will edit once home) EDIT: Nevermind, thats a fail lol!

Rocket ponder: " So she was looking normal at the bar and arrived in this state... We should propably ask the neighboors about that music. But their is two questions that come into my mind. First, I wanna know if you remember any of the food or drink tasted weird or unusual at the bar. Secondly, I would like to know what you remember from the way back home from the bar you were last night. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-07-08 at 07:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Soul Solo flipped her paper to the other side, pausing occasionally to furrow her brow in the midst of writing.

"Who were these Brother Beasts?" Mossy asked.

"Its a bat pony story!" Mystery chirped excitedly. "These two monsters, who'r brothers, once came to Equestria. Ponies couldn't beat them because the brothers could take a Pony's magic and get stronger... and the Ponies would lose their color and mark like mom..." Mystery got perhaps a little too excited and tumbled off the bed abruptly. She climbed back up, nursing a bumped elbow.

"Kazakar could tell it better," Mystery admitted.

"Its just some old monster story told to fillies," Cave Diver added, to which Mystery frowned.

Soul Solo finished and showed her note to everypony.

Food/drink was fine. Some Ponies on streets, usual night. Saw Inspiring Cry galloping to Conservatory. Neighborhood blurry in memory. Don't think anypony else was out.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan felt some connection to the small excited bat pony. Mystery reminded her much of her younger self.
    "Hmm. I guess we better split up, and investigate our both leads."
    She knelt to the eye level fillies. "You know, there no such thing "it's just some story"- every story is real in someway and somewhere." She pull an old tattered book, with a lot of "ears" at the pages, and glued notes.
    A wonderful mess of early research.
    "This is one of my very first researches about Urban Legends of the Pragunicorn." She smile.
    "Don't give up. We will help your mommy, and you should follow your dreams." And rubbed Mystery's mane

16. - Top - End - #766

Perhaps. Me and Rocket can see if we can find out more about the Brother Beasts. More importantly, who else might know about them. It's likely somepony tried to replicate their power, and they left a trail. Books checked out, including legends about them, magical treatises and research into their abilities and replicating them, the possibilities were endless! More importantly, she would be more comfortable in her element: Researching stuff.

You guys can see what the big hurry was, at the Conservatory.

Clever roll 2
    (4d3)[1][1][2][3](7)
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-07-14 at 06:59 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket sigh: " Not a lot to work with I see... Do you think you could recreate a music sheet from the music you heard that night? Maybe you could come to the Conservatory with us, if you think you could recreate or maybe even find that music sheet, if you think its a existing melody? "

He look at Mystery and Roxan with a warm wornout smile. His smile become more warm as they both notice him looking in their direction.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-07-14 at 07:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Soul Solo turned back to her desk and began searching through the many papers.

Mystery didn't say anything but just beamed at Roxan, looking like the happiest filly in the world. She leaned forward and hugged one of Roxan's legs.

"I... don't think mom would want to come with you to the Conservatory," Cave Diver told Rocket hesitantly, to which Soul Solo nodded.

Soul Solo finally found what she was looking for and gave a a few crumpled sheets of paper to Rocket. On them were scattered lines of transposed music and notes explaining how she recalled the measures linked together. You got the sense that this was very unusual music and that Soul Solo had struggled to put it to paper.

"Nessy's plan sounds reasonable," Mossy said.

"I'm sorry we couldn't be more help," Cave Diver grumbled.

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    While the story Mystery described isn't familiar to you, it reminded you about a legend from the early days of the Six Kingdoms. The legend concerned two monsters that ravaged the Kingdoms until they began fighting one another over some dispute and Ponies were able to best them. Perhaps those monsters were brothers?
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-07-14 at 09:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket's put the paper away: " Thank you. You did enough already. Please take care of your mother and your little sister. Right now, it's the best thing to do. Leave the rest to us! "

Rocket goes to Mystery, hugs her: " You are gosh-darn adorabe you know that? Listen to your big sister while your mom is sick alright? And let me give you a piece of advice: adventure is fine and all but don't forget your roots. Your family, your pack... It's a blessing one should not take for granted."

He get her down between Roxan and him. His smile is tired but sincere as he nods toward the family. He stop before reacing the door: " Ah right, what is the direction to go to see Kazakar or the library from here? "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-07-16 at 12:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan knealed and hugged the lil bat pony, as well.
    This filly filled her with hope.
    "Alright! Let's find some answers, my poooony friends!'

21. - Top - End - #771

You were very helpful, girls. Evanescent said to them, with a smile. Oh, and before we're off, what can you tell me about Kazakar?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Our neighborhood is basically right next to the Conservatory," Cave Diver said. "Go that a way and you'll get there." She pointed her hoof in the general direction.

"The library is over in downtown. Its one of those buildings that goes down into Ankhera. And yah, I'll take care of my sis and mom."

"Kazakar is like... a dad for Ankhera," Mystery told Nessy. "He teaches young bats, keeps the town safe, and does magic and stuff!"

"Is he the leader of Ankhera, like a town elder?" Mossy asked to which Mystery shook her head.

"Less a leader. More a protector," Mystery explained.

"And he's a bat pony? That does magic?" Mystery excitedly nodded as she turned to Rocket.

"He's just kind of around, though I haven't seen him recently. He's got a cave south of town, but its kind of private."

Soul Solo scribbled on some paper and showed everypony one last note.

Thank you

You filed out of Soul Solo's house and into the early evening of Chordfield.

Roxan and Mossy followed the neighborhood streets towards the gleaming domes of the Chordfield conservatory. Paths wound around the performance halls and through green parks decorated with curvy modern sculptures. Even at this time of day you could hear muffled music drifting around the campus. Following the signs, you made your way to the shortest, oldest building on campus which was labeled "administration".

Inside was an office with dark wood panel walls and green upholstery. An older stallion in a tweed jacket was working behind the front desk but looked up as you entered.

"Hmm, welcome to the Conservatory. What is your business with us?"

As for Rocket and Nessy, you realized you didn't have a specific destination picked out. Surely even Chordfield must have a library, but perhaps Ankhera would have more information about this bat pony legend. What did you want to do?
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-07-16 at 01:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773

As Evanescent exited with Rocket, thoughts came up in her mind. This seemed to be a batpony legend, so it's more likely they'd find more research on the Brother Beasts there. Certainly any sorcerer who wanted to replicate their magic would start there, as well.

Hey, change of plans: Let's go to Ankhera. She suggested. I don't know how far it is, but anyone who knows how their magic works, or wanted to know, would start there.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket shrug: " I would go to that private cave and ask around. Maybe we can find where this Ankhera is as we go along... The fact he is missing and had not be seeing recently could show that something is wrong. "

(What aspect should be rolled to get ponies to help you with direction? Or should you just let us go there without getting lost?)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Hello there. This is Roxan, and I'm Mossy. We're with the Harmony Fleet," Mossy explained, displaying her pin.

"We're conducting an investigation and have some questions. Namely, we've been led to believe there was some kind of commotion going on here last night. The sort of hubbub that would mean Inspiring Cry had to cut his time at the Batty Pegasus short and rush back here."

"Investigation?" The Pony behind the desk frowned and scrunched his eyebrows.

"I don't recall anything of that sort happening last night," he said at last. "It was a relatively quiet night, considering what we're preparing for. And I definitely didn't see Inspiring Cry around here at the admin building. Tree knows we need him here."

You returned to the part and descended into Ankhera. This late in the day, the bat pony town was livelier than the city above with locals and Chordfield residents alike bustling under the light blue globes strung across the ceiling. In passing you saw the Batty Pegasus, now overflowing with patrons, chatter, and boisterous jazz.

Finally, you reached the southern edge of Ankhera and its pervasive lighting. Ahead, the natural cave continued winding off into all kinds of tunnels and shadowed crannies. A few scattered blue bulbs dotted the ceiling: enough that you could barely make out walls and silhouettes but little more. Cautiously inching through this twilight, you delved deeper into the cave, following the general direction of the light bulbs. The air grew crisp and the sounds of Ankhera distant.

Then you arrived at the door. It was a simple wooden door with a mail slot built at the end of a dead end. A solitary blue bulb hung above the door.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket knock on the door not too loud but speak enough loud to be hear inside: " Master Kazakar? Im sorry if we are disturbing you but we would need your expertise..."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you know everypony who came here?'

28. - Top - End - #778

Nessy stood along side Roxan, wanting to try and sense emotions through the door, but reluctant to do so, for fear of it being an invasion of privacy.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Everypony?" the desk Pony said. "No, not everypony. But I've worked at the Conservatory for a long time and I know most of the administrative staff and teachers. But I definitely would remember if Inspiring Cry came here as there's a lot I have to discuss with him."

"Why do you need to talk with him?" Mossy asked.

"The paperwork for all the third parties we're hiring for the festival is piling up," the Pony behind the desk said. "As the Conservatory's event coordinator, Inspiring Cry has to sign off on all this stuff. Usually he's on top of this sort of thing, but I guess he's just been busy with other work."

Silence hung for a moment after your knocks finished reverberating around the cave. Then a sharp, almost hissing voice came from behind the door.

"Who are you Ponies that seek Kazakar? What do you want with him?"

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rocket made sign to sense the talker emotion behind the door by pointing to his heart. He say loud enough: " I am the captain of the Whinylight, from the Magic realm. My name is Rocket Blast and I have one of my crewmember with me. We came here for very important and urgent matter. "