New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket sigh: " Well I dont know which side of that tunnel to go. Mossy, you think you can defend us of any potential ill-inducing mushroom if we go that way? Cause I would rather go on the other side then... Shame none of us have a gas mask ready."

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxna found her crystal didn't react to any magic and only came away with a light coating of some clear mucus or slime. Looking closer, you saw that small amounts of this residue lingered elsewhere in the tunnel. It reminded you of the slimy coating on a frog, or other amphibian.

"I don't have any kind of special ability to control mushrooms," Mossy told Rocket. "But if we want to explore this tunnel, I'd vote for the path that leads away from Ankehra. It seems more likely something lurks down that way."
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-04 at 05:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Colossus in the Playground

Evanescent had the idea to check the field manual, opening it up and trying to find any entries related to known caves, or what to expect when traversing.

Books!
    (4d3)[3][3][1][3](10) 7
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-09-06 at 05:43 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket nods: " Away from the mushrooms, good! "

Rocket try to put the group in a effective line of action. He is in the middle, able to fly above his crewmembers and get in teh front or backline if needed in a flash. He put Nessy in teh front with a flashlight, since she can detect emtion as well. Mossy is right behind her.

(is there some winds or draft in this tunnel? ROxan position in this tunnel will depend of the direction of the draft)

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

After fishing out your flashlights, you began cautiously marching down the tunnel. It proceeded in more or less a straight line and from the map and compass, Nessy figured the tunnel was taking you deeper into the Mistveils. The atmosphere of the passage didn't change dramatically as you went, remaining moist, dank and slightly slimy. Roots hanging from the ceiling had to be pushed through and you had to splash through pools of frigid, stagnant water. Something skittered away as your light turned a corner. One or two times, you passed by a breach in the ceiling, similar to the one which you entered.

After a long, mildly exhausting trek, you came to another hole in the ceiling, pausing to soak in the the sun's warmth. This spot was also a junction: the tunnel continued in much the same direction you had already been going but also branched off in another.

"Maybe you should check topside Rocket," Mossy suggested, peering off into the gloom. "And Roxan, maybe you could give these two tunnels a sniff?"

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    The field manual for the Mistveils detailed that while it was known that there were a number of caves, sinkholes, and blue holes in the Mistveils, only the ones close to Ankhera had been explored. Most of the manual covered caving basics: never go spelunking alone, take steps against getting lost, be wary of uneven footing or deep pits, etc. Parts of the book also discussed some of the flora and fauna native to the Ankhera cave system. Most of it was various kinds of insects and fungi, all of which were not hazardous.

There were also warnings about methane gas in deep, poorly ventilated cave systems with the recommendation to immediately evacuate the cave if anyone experiences dizziness.

However, there was no mention in the book of slightly slimy tunnels, nor any large, subterranean amphibian which might conceivably explain the one you were currently exploring.

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    Being not unframiliar with tunnels and digging, the more time you spent in the passage, the more you became convinced this tunnel was more likely dug than natural, perhaps the burrow of some large creature.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan wrote in her notebook, doing this happy whine dog sound while writing.
    "You know I think something big dug those tunnels. Maybe it's still alive!" She said with an excitment, and with that went to sniff the tunnels she was requested to sniff
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" True I wonder where this lead... Stay put, I'll be right back! "

Rocket fly in the tunnel leading upward.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Rocket flew out of the hole in the tunnel's ceiling and found himself in a small sunny clearing overgrown with ferns and flowers. The rotten remains of a colossal tree, a giant of the Mistveils, lay across the glade. Thin curtains of mist hung between the surrounding tree trunks, making it hard to see very far. Flying above the canopy, Rocket could confirm they were very deep into the jungle at this point and pick out a few distant clearings as landmarks for Nessy. Returning to the glade, he noticed something through the trees and mists; another clearing not far off, filled with sharp, angular silhouettes. Perhaps more of those trial markers, or some other artificial structure.

"Well, where to?" Mossy asked, glancing between Rocket and Roxan.

Show
    After giving both tunnels a good sniff, you couldn't pick out any new scents down the path that branched off. However, the tunnel that continued the way you were already going had another distinct smell. Something warm and dirty and musky, unfamiliar but reminiscent of a large wild animal like a bear or great beast of the Everfree.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-09-12 at 08:53 AM.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket come back and explain what he saw; " I could go check it out if you guys are willing to wait patiently. Shouldn't be too long."

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if we want to struggle some big hairy beast we can go THAT way." Roxan offered.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Well, if we want to struggle some big hairy beast we can go THAT way." Roxan offered.
    Rocket sigh: " That... doesnt help. Look, Im going to go look at that clearing real quick. I'll be fast. You guy stays here. "

He fly up again.

12. - Top - End - #882

What about those- Nessy raised a foreleg to inquire more about what Rocket saw, but he already took off, again.

Okay. Let's...not trying going after anything big and hairy.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Wait, lets not split up!" Mossy called after Rocket, then sighed as the pegasus shot into the sky.

She glanced at the tunnel that Roxan indicated and then at Nessy. "You're no fun," she said with an impish grin before glancing upward.

"More trail markers could mean we're getting close to the temple of the temple path," Mossy suggested to Nessy as she waited for Rocket to return.

Rocket zipped up and identified those sharp, angular silhouettes again. Wings pumping, he shot into the jungle, eyes on the clearing ahead. A branch materialized from the mist and smacked Rocket in the face. He tumbled over the tree limb, wings flailing, catching more vines and branches along the way. Soon enough, Rocket found himself tangled in the low hanging, vine choked branches of a tree.

He could make out the second clearing ahead and definite stone blocks rising out of the ground, as well as some kind of large pit.

OOC: Rocket will have to make a very good Forceful or Carefull roll to get free, though with help it would be trivial.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket roll his eyes and try to get free first, annoyed by this whole ordeal:

Forceful (To cut everything out of my way)
    (4d3)[2][3][3][3](11) + 3

EDIT: WOW! PLUS ULTRA!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-13 at 01:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885

I wish he wouldn't do that. Now we have to stay put, so Rocket can find us, again. Evanescent pointed out. Sticking together is absolutely essential. It's actually unfortunate he's the only one of us that can fly. Because Nessy definitely can't fly. Not at all. If something happened to Rocket, he'd be stranded.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-09-14 at 12:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

"So we have to look for him! I have to! I already lost his puppy sister!" Roxan barked, fell on four and ran after Rocket's yell and smell

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Rocket thrash and bucked at the surrounding vegetation and with a series of sharp cracks and wet snaps he soon freed himself and shook off the remains of the ensnaring foliage. Wings free, he turned his back on the second clearing with the large pit and stone structures to return to his crew. As Rocket flew away, he thought he heard something large crunching through the underbrush behind him but a quick glance saw only mist.

Back in the tunnel, Roxan tried to scamper up the tunnels sides to reach the hole in the roof. Mossy glanced at Roxan and then the hole above, flexing her fore legs.

"How do you feel about getting tossed?" Mossy asked.

Before Roxan could reply, Rocket's head appear over the lip of the hole and shortly after a rope was tossed down. Climbing out now would be trivial.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Climb up guys! "

Rocket had anchor the rope on something solid. Once they are up , he oppoint in a direction behind him: " There is another clearing over there. There is a another pit like this one and some angular structure. That mist is really annoying thouh and there seem to be some large creature I think, hidden in the folliage by this thick mist. Are your sense better then mine? "

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

"You are ok!' Roxan barked happily and wagged her tail as she startet to climb.
    Before answering she perked her ears and sniffed.

Clever(?)- 0
    (4d3)[1][2][3][2](8)-8

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #890

Angular structure? Like ruins? Nessy hypothesized as she climbed up.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"A large beast? Roxan smelled one down in the tunnels," Mossy commented as she pulled herself up. "But ruins sound like a promising place to investigate. Monsters love lurking in ruins, for whatever reason."

As if on queue, a low rumbling growl rose up from mist-cloaked jungle in the direction of the second clearing Rocket had found. A flock of anxiously chirping birds evacuated the canopy.

"Definitely a large beast. I'm itching for a tussle, what's our plan?"

Show
    It's faint, but you think you can detect that same dirty beast smell which you sniffed in the tunnels.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

"I can locate the beast. If that is what we want.' Roxan has offered.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Guys, remember our mission! We shouldn't try the violent solution first! We should make sure if its sentinent first and foremost. Even animals can be tamed and reasonned with so we should ask first if it want to talk. Maybe it will approach us on its own and talk if it realized we arent here to start up fight!"

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Of course," Mossy replied to Rocket, nodding her head. "This isn't the Everfree. And yes Roxan, I think finding this creature's position would be useful. Then..."

Mossy was cut off by a another bellow, this one louder than before, tearing through the jungle.

25. - Top - End - #895

Guess we don't have to look very hard for that. Evanescent remarked, feeling apprehensive about being anywhere near what ever made THAT sound. Do you really think we can reason with it? Even if it IS one of those...creatures that can absorb magic, to get that big, it has to have eaten a lot of magic.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket blink when the thing roar louder. He whisper to the group: " Nessy, check its feeling. Roxan, prepare a crystal to allow us to blind it if needed."

Then He speak loudly for the creature to hear: " Can you understand us? We mean no harm. We are looking for those who call themself Minicore or Demons in this forest... We are on a pacifist mission but we are strong enough to defend ourselves if we have to. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-19 at 10:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #897

Er, is it even intelligent? She asked, but nontheless attempting to sense its emotions.

(4d3)[2][2][1][2](7) 2
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-09-20 at 11:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

A strained, bellowing voice returned from the misty jungle.

"Leave this place little ponies. You are not welcome here."

"We don't mean you any harm," Mossy shouted back. "We are only exploring."

"Leave, or I will be forced to send you packing," the voice replied, speaking a little slower as if choosing its words carefully.

Spoiler: Nessy
    Show
    You are far enough away from this creature that it is hard to get a clear read on its emotions. You can get a general blend of anger, frustration, anxiety, and hunger. Whoever this is, they do not want to be here.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan prepared a light crystal, to activate when the time is right.
    "I am not a poooony. Sadly. We are friendly. We really are!"

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #900

Um, we mean you no harm. But we think somepony got hurt by someone who lives here, we just want to talk.