New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

As Rocket and Roxan reached out to relieve Kazakar of his jewelry, the bat pony waved them away. It seemed clear that he did not want to let go of these amulets and that they were not some curse to bear.

"Wait, so do we think that little scorpion-tailed cat is responsible for this?" Mossy asked as she slung Kazakar over her back. "Because if these... demons get bigger as they get more powerful it shouldn't be a problem." Kazakar protested and Mossy let him down briefly. The sorcerer spent some time scrawling in the ground to produce the words:

"NOT MORAKRUT"

After this, Kazakar pawed around for Mossy who lifted him up. Carefully, you climbed your way out of the pit and made the short trek through the jungle back to the clearing with the open tunnel. It was clear that encumbered with Kazakar, trekking through the Mistveils would have been a monumental task. Dropping back into the cooler, slightly slimy tunnel, you set off south through the earth, trusting Roxan's nose to lead you back to the caverns outside Ankhera.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan sigh.
    "Well, I guess it at least mean, our super star weren't cheating on her marefriend. Doesn't it?' She force a smile.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #963
    Colossus in the Playground

We'll get you home. Nessy said, trying to reassure the batpony.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Let's stay silent until we have the sky again above our head. I want us to stay full alert in case the creatures who build those tunnels arrive. But one last question: would removing this collar of yours allow you to talk? "

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Wait, so you think Inspiring Cry is behind it?" Mossy asked Roxan.

Morakrut gave Nessy a smile and nod, then turned to Rocket and shook his head.

As per Rocket's orders, you spent the rest of the journey in relative quiet. Fortunately, the trip was uneventful. You marched down what seemed like endless tunnels rife with cold, clammy air. Periodically the ceiling opened up, confirming you were still under the Mistveils. Through her sense of smell or some Diamond Dog spelunking intuition, Roxan was able to confirm that you were getting gradually closer to the caves outside Ankhera.

Eventually, the holes in the ceiling stopped appearing and shortly after the tunnel connected into a natural cave. In the distance you could see a dim, bluish glow began carefully picking your way towards that. Soon enough, you were passing by fields of mushroom farms and entering Ankehra proper, the twilight town as bustling as you remembered it.

Nessy began leading you to where she remembered Kazakar's cave was. As you passed through, some ponies seemed to take notice of the drained bat pony slumped across Mossy's back. Some of them hurried off and others caught their breath but none stopped you. The business of the sorcerer was his own. You left the soft blue glow of town and began wearily delving into the shadowed natural caves and finally, finally, arrived at Kazakar's cave.

Rocket banged on the portal. There came a crash and hissing noise from behind the door, then it cracked open.

"Hmph. Back so soon?" Morakrut said with a grin. This melted away when she saw Kazakar. Hurriedly, the minicore bounded over to the sorcerer, muttering something in a language you weren't familiar with. Kazakar nodded and then Morakrut turned to you.

"What happened?"

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" That's what we would like to know but your sorcerer friend here lost its voice. We found it captive in the Mistveil in a underground prison. And it seem he want to keep that collar of his... Humm, we fought another Minicore and damaged ist collar in a fight. The creature removed the collar and run away, letting us accessing the entrance of such prison. That's mostly it, unless I forgot something..."

7. - Top - End - #967

Except there was nothing 'mini' about this one. At least we think it was a minicore. Large. Four legs, with a...second torso that extended upwards, with two muscular arms that ended with hands. Two horns on what looked like a goat head.

Sound like anyone you know?

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

"...It was much darker then I expected." Roxan has added.
    'There is a still a looooot of mystery. But we couldn't leave the poooor poooony. There.'

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

At the mention of the centaur, Morakrut frowned and Kazakar's ears drooped. Morakrut muttered something under her breath, then turned to Rocket with a half smile.

"Well, I thank you from the bottom of my cold little heart for bringing my friend back in one piece. As for his jewelry well..." She trailed off and playfully batted at the amulets around Kazakar's neck.

"I did tell you we wear our promises and deals did I not? One of these is the promise Kazakar and I made to each other. A symbol of our, to use the pony term, friendship." Morakrut gave you all a toothy grin and Kazakar actually let on a bit of a smile himself.

"What about the beast we encountered in the jungle?" Mossy pressed.

"Yes yes, that was probably one of my kin, though don't go comparing me to that mongrel," Morakrut hissed. "And from the sound of it, they were probably some other demons' thrall. A collar or locked cuff; those denote subservience. You set them free. But, there is definitely some other demon lurking around. One powerful enough to overpower the one you faced in the jungle."

Kazakar began pawing the ground, feeling his way towards the open door. Kazakar asked the sorcerer a few things in that foreign tongue, getting a variety of nods and shakes of the head.

The little demon nodded and turned back to you, tail flicking back and forth.

"He's going to get something," Morakrut related, punctuated by a few bangs and crashes coming from inside the cave.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-10-19 at 07:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #970

He's wearing two amulets, though. Evanescent pointed out. One of them is the promise, the other...was unknown.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh: " Well a part of our mission was a success... but then again, does that mean we have to prepare for a huge conflict? I am not hiding Kazakar's kidnapping to the mayor. "

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan thought.
    "Wait, Rocket. Maybe we can solve it, without causing panic'

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Roxan thought.
    "Wait, Rocket. Maybe we can solve it, without causing panic'
    Rocket turn to her: " You have a idea? "

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

"... Well, we need to figure what exactly they want, and set a trap. Beside, we have almost no intel to give the mayor. I think them knowing wll only get in the way.. but..'
    She pause.
    "Maybe just in case, we need to ask for some forced to prepared for evactation. Because.. this city doesn't strike me the warrior type, if this doggo may be honest."

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"And that other amulet is another promise to another friend," Morakrut told Nessy, pacing around in a circle.

"Warriors of the Kingdom of Laughter rarely seem like warriors," Mossy observed. "I think just knowing that... something is threatening Chordfield could be useful to the mayor. I am also not sure about attempting to set a trap for an enemy we know so little about."

Another crash issued from inside the cave and Morakrut stood up.

"I better go help him before he hurts himself," she muttered, dashing inside. Shortly afterward, Kazakar emerged with Morakrut in tow. The sorcerer was holding a lather large hand bell which seemed to be missing a clapper.

"A... bell?" Mossy asked, a little confused. Kazakar pointed at the bell, then struck it sharply with a hoof.

Abruptly, everything went silent. Your hearts beat deafening in your ear. A rushing whine filled your veins. If you opened your mouth no sound left your lips. After a short while, you started to hear a soft metallic hum and then everything was back to normal.

Kazakar offered the bell to you, seeming insistent.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-10-21 at 08:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan take the bell. 'What to do with it?' She ask

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Knowing... that something is threateneing... COuld it be all a trap against the manticore I wonder..." Rocket think outloud.

He seem deep in thoughts. He look a bit confusely at the bell...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-24 at 05:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Nessy, didn't you hypothesize that some kind of magic music was responsible for draining Soul Solo?" Mossy asked. At this, Kazakar began nodding vigorously, miming striking the bell and then placing his hooves over his ears.

"A bell of silence to guard against some demon's song? We'll, you've found stranger weapons old friend," Morakrut said to Kazakar, rubbing herself against the sorcerer's leg.

OOC: Sorry for the cryptic nature of my last post

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

"Soooo... when the time come.. just.. to ring it?' Roxan has asked puzzled.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" That's interesting but how do we give you back your own voice, Sir Kazakar? "

Rocket wondered how they would track Soul Solo now...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-24 at 09:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981

The two are connected, I think. Assuming that it's the same race as Morakrut here, simply besting them in some way will be enough to get them to return the magic, and presumably, the voice that was stolen. The pale white 'earth pony' looks over at the minicore for confirmation. Am I on the right track?

Of course the next step would be to track them down.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"That is likely the case," Morakrut told Nessy, to which Kazakar also nodded.

"Alright, so we have a demon to defeat and a magic charm to fight it," Mossy said, sounding perhaps just a little too excited. "Seems nice and simple."

"Do not think it will be easy," Morakrut muttered. "My kin are loath to give up any magic they have taken. You will be in for a bitter fight."

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan's eye glinted.
    "Ha! I was worried my enchanted crystals are about to be over. This is actually amazing! I can get us protection AND it will help refill my crystals.' She hummed, took a seat and started to tie empty crystals i to bracelets and necklaces.
    "You see, each of them absorb spell, unless they shatter from the force. So, it will provide you, a defence and hopefully new exotic spells for me. Maybe it will even give me doctorate!'

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #984

Well, hopefully we won't need to fight. We need only to "best" them. Nessy pointed out, trying to be optimistic about avoiding a physical confrontation. Like in a competition, or a game.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, ability to absorb their spells won't hurt. Now would it?"

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #986

Quite the contrary. It could be crucial. Evanescent replied.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Some of my kin do enjoy games and competitions," Morakrut told Nessy. "But not all will stay their claws for a 'civil' contest. And those that do have had a very long time to become masters of their chosen form of competition."

Kazakar meanwhile mimed the striking of the bell with his hoof again.

"Well, I believe it might be time for us to head inside," Morakrut said, once again running herself between Kazakar's legs. "You ponies will be growing weary and you have an important confrontation in your future. I will keep Kazakar safe and do my best to deliver to you any messages he writes out."

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

"I... guess we should tell the mayor to prepare a quick evaction plan?' Roxan say quitly.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Fighting is what I do best. We just have to ask it a duel instead of a full-on fight if needed. "

At Roxan idea, he pat her head: " Good idea girl! "

To the mayor topic: " I guess it would be farfetch to think the mayor is on this thing or on the side of the Minocores. Let's brieftly tell her about new creatures and what we know about them. And about Inspiring Cry disparition."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-28 at 10:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Exhausted and bleary eyed, you made your way out of the caverns and back into the bluish glow of Ankhera. The streets were only a little less lively than when you first passed through with Kazakar. You climbed up the stairwell to the surface, night sky alight with myriad stars, distant music echoing down the streets. You trudged back to the town hall and, after waiting for the secretary to pass some messages along, were shown to the mayor's office.

Sharp Spectacles was sipping some coffee, looking over papers. A record player was filling the room with a laid back piano piece. The mayor straightened herself as you came in.

"You are back soon," she said, going over to stop the record. "What have you found? Has Soul Solo been restored?"

The door opened once again and the sheriff barged in.

"Secretary told me you have bad news. What do we have to worry about?"