New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1404
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Rocket sigh: " We are very tired so I'll be brief: First, Inspiring Cry disappearance might be linked to the event. From testinomies, the timing of his disappearence is too coincidential. That pony need to be questionned as soon as possible, especially since a suspicious music that could have hide a spell was made on the victim as she was heading home."

" Also, we discovered there is creatures called "Minicores" that can steal one pony cutie mark and voices. They have move the the Mistveil recently. Wat we discovered about them: They are looking normally animalistic in features but they normally have a collar on them... or so we heard. "

" However, here's the scary part: we believe something found a way to enslave them with special collars. We fought one in the Mistveil that was on orders to stay in a specific area and defend it but fled happily when the collar was broken. It clearly didnt want to fight us."

" However, if as we suspected a Minicore did this this to Sole Solo... the only way to make her go back to normal is to find the Minicore who did this or her cutie marka nd her voice will be taken permanently. Once we find that Minicore... we need to either make it agree to give it back. Their traditions about it is to make them submit. I believe this could be done with wits, a game... but most likely throught a fight."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan barked happily being praised. From Rocket it meant a lot, she still blamed herself for losing his puppy sister.

She was quite, busy making necklaces and bracelets.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #993
    Colossus in the Playground

We will do everything in our power to keep the town safe, but...there might be a possibility that the festival will need to be cancelled, or even the town, evacuated. Don't commit to anything, yet, but prepare for the worst. Nessy added.

Has anypony else reported any strange creatures, in the meantime?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Sharp Spectacles shook her head, removed her glasses and wiped her eyes. With a sigh, she put them back on and looked up at you.

"Well, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Night Watch, do you know anything about these... 'Minicore' creatures?"

The sheriff shrugged.

"It sounds pretty similar to the magic-stealing demons in bat pony legends," he said, helping himself to a cup of coffee. "I'll be honest, I never put much stock in them. Haven't really gotten reports about these 'strange creatures' either. Do you know anything about how this creature might endanger the city and the festival? Canceling the show, preparing to evacuate Chordfield, these are big undertakings for such little evidence."

"I too am loath to do something so drastic with so little information. Still, you probably should up your patrols sheriff."

Night Watch threw up his hoof in exasperation.

"We're already stretched thin with the festival on the horizon!" He got a stern look from Sharp Spectacles and sighed.

"We'll do the best we can."

The mayor then turned to the crew.

"As for Inspiring Cry, what exactly is the evidence against him?"

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Inspiring Cry was with the victim the night it lost its voice. Furthermore, he had being letting his work pile up, ignoring his girlfriend and was more and more elusive until the might of the crime where he ghosted out of nowhere. We will try to go to his place tommorow to check if he is home but that's the only thing we left out. There is no strong evidence against him... but in the same time, we cant deny his sudden disappearance and the link between Minicores and music is a vague one and considering his suspicius behavior, finding him might resolve several questions. However, we are exhausted right now and my team and I are in no conditions to find him and question him tonight. I believe if Mister Night Watch could find him, it would help us a lot. We dont know the city as much as him. "

" On the plus side, I understand how important is the festival and I do admit that we shouldnt cancel it with no little evidence myself. We couldnt even gather how much Mnicores are hiding in the Mistveils. Even if we should remain on edge, I propose that might crew and I assist Mister Night Watch for the remaining days before the Festival? I am sure the ponies here would feel more safe with an official Fleet of Harmony overwatching the festivities..."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-11-03 at 08:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod. Making few extra necklaces.
    "Those can absorb spells. I don't have enough for everydoggy, but, maybe they want to target musicians specifcaly. If you can give it back to me, after all of this is over, i'll apreciate it.'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #997

Nessy yawned. We know with certainty they've foalnapped ponies, or more specifically one pony. What ever this creature is, we also know it operates through song, or sound. Sadly, this is the extent of our report. We have very little to go on. Missing pieces. We'll keep digging, of course.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Night Watch furrowed his brow and took a long sip of coffee while listening to Rocket's report.

"Strange stuff, for sure," he finally muttered. "I could try an track Inspiring Cry down for some questions tomorrow but not much more. This is all very circumstantial. As for helping to keep watch, I know right now I would want to you to remain focused on figuring out the details of this "minicore" threatening Chordfield. "

"I agree," the mayor said. "I believe your talents as a crew of the Harmony Fleet are better suited to pursuing your investigation than patrolling the streets. Though I appreciate the gesture." She then turned to Roxan.

"Well, there are a lot of musicians in Chordfield, but I suppose I could have the Conservatory distribute these protective necklaces if you offered them."

At Nessy report there was a foalnapping Night Watch almost spit out his coffee.

"Foalnapping! I haven't gotten any missing pony reports. What, or who, did you find?"

"In this overgrown temple deep in the Mistveils, a bat pony was being kept imprisoned," Mossy explained. "His name is Kazakar and I think he's the sorcerer of Ankhera. A sort of mysterious wise-pony from what I gather and definitely connected to these demon, minicore creatures. He also lost his voice and cutie mark and we got him back to his home."

"That... hmm well that could explain why I didn't get a missing pony report for him," Night Watch said, relaxing a little.

"Kazakar is indeed an important figure for Ankhera," Sharp Spectacles explained. "He does leave on his own business every now and then, so him being gone for awhile isn't too out of the ordinary. We never pry too much into his affairs. In any case, I thank you for returning him safe and sound."

The mayor glanced at a clock on her desk.

"I believe we have a decent plan going forward, and I expect you are all eager to get some sleep. Do you have anything else to add?"

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh: " We will keep those necklaces for our crew for now. We should try to have no information leaked about this investigation if we cant help it aqnd this would rise too many questions. But for our investigation, I would like to find out what pony was to replace Soul Solo if she cannot get her voice back. We should watch closely how they picked this replacement as its the pony who will have benefit the most of this situation. But for now, let's head to bed. "

(ready to continue when you are)

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan nod, ready...to move on

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I agree, that sounds like a worthwhile line of investigtion," the mayor said. "The best of luck to you." With this, the Whinnylight crew and Night Watch filed out of the mayor's office. You made your way back to the roof of the town hall and the welcome hull of your ship. Clever Plan was already asleep and had left a lukewarm dinner on the kitchen table for your all.

"On last thing for today," Mossy said, placing herself beside Nessy and turning to face Rocket. She took a deep breath.

"Captain Rocket, Sir. In the Mistveils, you told us that Nessy is special, that she has these gifts unknown to her due to some kind of amnesia. Is there anything else we should know about ourselves? Anything else the Harmony Fleet has kept hidden from us?! " Her voice rose a little higher than she intended, and she stomped the floor a little harder than ideal. Mossy shook herself and fixed Rocket with a stern stare.

"I want to serve on this ship. I want to protect the Six Kingdoms. But I feel like I deserve to know who I am, what you know I am."

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket is tired and a bit grumpy because of it.

He sigh heavily: " I wish we could have that conversation in the morning. But as for maintaiing mysteries here, this wasn't my idea. I like honesty and keeping nothing in the dark. But, from my understanding, there is a lot of politics behind the scenes. We were not just selected because we were the best. There is a lot of skillful individual in the world after all, all of us included. However, the higher ups believes ponies are the most likely creature to be able to extend the hoof of friendship and work with the others... as well as to prevent treason. We now have ways to find out who are changelings for exemple and a lot of changelings would like to know how. "

He snort an grumble: " I wouldnt be surprised if the ponies who kidnapped my sisters were either changelings or working for them. But that,s beside the point..."

He sigh deeply as his tone had gone icy. His tone is trying to be controlled but you can see how he is struggling. He is tired, irritated, a bit sad but in the same time, you can understand that despise being THIS tired, he must greatly care about his crew to sit down and talk to you like this. Even after his thoughts drifted to his sister, he recomposed himself to continue the conversation:

" As for what I know of each of you... Roxan and I are old friends. As for you Mossy, your past is the most mysterious of all. You went missing for so long, fusing with the nature. But in the same time, the Harmony Fleet were able to figure out you were saying the truth. I know nothing of that time during which you were missing but the Harmony Fleet made a background check about you. I didnt have a peek at those files of theirs but they knew where you lived, who you hanged around with, your scholarship accomplishements, etc. I was given a brief resume of who each of you were before we meet. I dont know a lot more about you, if that answer your question... In fact, they assured me that the only major thing I would have to remember is your link to... flora and mushroom. And after seeing the guest room at my father's place, I could understand why."

He turn his glare to Nessy. His gaze is... complicated.

He sigh... this time, some of his anger seem to be replaced by... pity? kindness? Its one or the other. Nessy can feel some warm feeling from him but its mixed with a bit of pity.

" As for Nessy... She's not ready to hear it, what they told me. It's not just any form of amnesia. It came from a trauma. I wish I could get her to "get over it" as we say but I can't. But Nessy is our ally and I want to trust her... no, even more then that, I wanna believe in her. "

He grumble: " We should really try to have a real vacation together sometime. Let off some steam and have some fun all together. "

His anger drift off to sadness... even grief. Nessy can guess he is thinking about his sister once again. He put a hoof on his eyes to dry them up and cough: " Sorry, had something in my eyes. A-Anyway, I only what what they told me. Only Nessy here has a particular issue that the higher up decided it wouldn't be a burden to our mission and even help her in moving on the ladder of the 5 stages of grief. Nessy, I dont want to treat you differently. You are a valued member of my crew. A crew don't give up on each other. We need to trust each other, have each others back. No. Matter. What. And I'm expecting that from each of you. do you understand me? "

His tone became military at the end, clearly expecting a " Yes sir! " at the end. Rocket cant hide his military background when he is this tired.

13. - Top - End - #1003

Evanescent did not have a military background. This kind of regimentation was alien to her Kindnessian upbringing. So she simply nodded. I understand.

Her mind was still filled with all sorts of questions as to what she possibly could be forgetting. She got all these strange and conflicting emotions from Rocket, having no idea what it was about. A part of her was curious, but her body made her too tired to care.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Mossy frowned, not wholly convinced. But she saw the drooping eyelids of her friends and felt her out exhausted frame. She sighed.

"Yes sir," she said before yawning. "I'm sorry. Let's go to bed."

You all slunk into your cabins, eagerly crawling into bed. Despite how exhausted you were, sleep did not come quickly or easily. The distant sounds of music crept in from the streets of Chordfield. Only after much squirming under the sheets did a light, dreamless sleep take you.

In the morning, a very tired looking Clever Plan met you in the kitchen, presently brewing a carafe of coffee.

"Did you have trouble sleeping too?" she asked, passing out mugs to those who wanted it. "What sort of city lets Ponies play music that late into the night." She shook her head.

There came a banging from the lower decks and Clever frowned.

"This early in the morning? I'll deal with it," she grumbled, dragging herself off. She returned with an older stallion in a tweed jacket in toe. Roxan and Mossy remembered this was the Pony who had met them at the Conservatory.

"You were investigating what became of Soul Solo and why she is indisposed, right?" the stallion asked, wiping his brow. "Well, there's been another. Lively Jive. His sister called me and said he was sick, couldn't come to rehearsal."

15. - Top - End - #1005

I'm sorry to hear that, Mr...i'm sorry, I didn't catch your name. Evanescent said, through tired eyes. She didn't have enough time or coffee to wake up just yet. Did you hear anything else? Anything specifically wrong with her?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Great, just our luck... lead the way."

Rocket realize all attack happened at night though. Maybe it was saying something...

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan woke up in the middle of the night a bit cranky.
    "This doggo doesn't go with a treat for the go!' She groan, and looting the kitchen for valuables.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"Warbling Tune, or Dr. Tune," Dr. Tune said offering his hoof to shake. "She didn't mention anything specific, just that Lively Jive was sick and would be unable to perform. He was going to lead a major act in the festival. I'm not sure what we'll do if he doesn't recover."

You left Clever Plan to her coffee and followed Warbling Tune down to the streets of Chordfield. He took you through the maze of concrete that was downtown and to a towering apartment building. Inside, the building was bare but tidy, an elderly custodian tending to a large potted cactus by the elevator. You took the elevator up and Dr. Tune led you down the hall to a door. He knocked and shortly afterwards the door was opened by a tall mare in a baggy coat.

"Dr. Tune?" she said, looking a little confused. "Who are these other ponies?"

"They are with the Harmony Fleet," Warbling Tune explained. "May we come in and see Lively Jive?" The mare bit her lip, then opened the door and led you in. Squeezing through the narrow entryway you arrived in a tight and cozy kitchen decorated with a number of wire sculptures holding utensils, plates, and the like. A very tired, drained looking stallion with a dark grey coat was slumped over the kitchen table slowly eating a bowl of cereal. He barely glanced up when you entered and you noticed he did not have a Cutie Mark.

"Do you know what happened to my brother?"

19. - Top - End - #1009

Is he mute, as well? Evanescent asked simply, before trotting over to the bedridden pony. Mr. Jive, i'm Evanescent, i'm with the Harmony Fleet. Before you were...like this, do you remember hearing music?

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan starting to sniff the sick pony, to see if she can recongnize any specific smell on him.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh, seeing the same symptom: " Once you finish your cereals, Please describe what happened last night. Can we have something to write it down? "

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"As well? Did this happen to somepony else?" the sister asked, eyes wide.

"Yes, but we think we know what happened," Mossy said, biting her lip. "We'll be able to help your brother."

Lively Jive solemnly nodded to Nessy, put down his spoon, produced a notepad and pen, and began writing away.

"I know my brother was out practicing at the Conservatory before going to cool off at the Batty Pegasus," she offered. "I was out late as well at my studio, but my brother was still out when I got home. And I guess there was some music playing, but Ponies are always playing music late into the night, especially in this part of town."

Lively Jive finished his note and showed it to everyone.

Out late. Drank too much. Night is a blur. Heard music. Beautiful and weird.

Spoiler: Roxan
    Show
    Lively Jive smelled mostly of soap and shampoo with a faint lingering scent of alcohol. He probably was drinking last night and took a shower this morning.

23. - Top - End - #1013

We know of at least two ponies who have been affected like this so far. Evanescent informed the sister calmly and professionally. One of whom was affected after a similar experience, that night. They were out late, drinking, and returned home, having heard 'weird' music as they were coming home that night. They then woke up physically weak, devoid of cutie mark, and other magical abilities. The events of the previous night, a blur. We suspect some creature is using music-based magic to steal, well, magic, from unsuspecting ponies.

Which bar were you at, if I may ask?

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

"And what shampoo did you used? It smell great!"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh, again: " Nessy, he mentionned he went to the Batty Pegasus remember? I think we have a clue right there. And girl, " turning to Roxan, patting her gently on the head " COncentrate girl. "

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Lively Jive blushed a little at Roxan's question.

"Stealing magic... that's possible?" Dr. Tune asked with a slight stutter.

Both he and Lively's sister were wide-eyed and quivering at Nessy's concise description. Mossy opened her mouth, prepared to explain the dangerous monsters and mute bat pony sorcerer they had discovered but then thought better of it.

"Don't worry. This sort of thing is what the Harmony Fleet is for. Saving ponies is what we do," she said with a confident grin.

"Yes, he was at the Batty Pegasus," Lively's sister said, collecting herself. "It's pretty popular with the Conservatory crowd. Lively's crew tends to hang out there."

Lively Jive blushed again at the mention of his "crew" by his sister.

OOC:
    Clever:(4d3)[1][3][3][2](9) - 8 + 1 = 2
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-11-14 at 07:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan https://youtu.be/hw3CE04LGiA laugh at the pony's blush.
    "I guess we are going to the bar then?'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1018

Evanescent thought for a moment, and inspiration struck. However she wanted to do something else, first. I have another idea, but let's discuss it somewhere else.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Evanescent thought for a moment, and inspiration struck. However she wanted to do something else, first. I have another idea, but let's discuss it somewhere else.
    Rocket frown: " Before we go, who is part of mister Live crew? And did he left the Batty Pegasis alone alone and on purpose? Or was he convinced? "

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Lively Jive began scribbling on the note pad again.

"Will you be alright taking care of Lively?" Mossy asked.

"Sure," Lively's sister said. "This isn't the first time he's overindulged at the Batty Pegasus. Good luck with your investigation. Please get my brother's voice back."

Lively finished and showed you the note.

Carefree Melody, Big Blues, Lightshow. Walked home alone. Felt mostly fine till I got to the building.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-11-16 at 01:07 PM.