New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Okay, let me pitch Dominions 5 to you

I believe I am one of those people from elsewhere, for what that's worth to anyone.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay there were ten minutes left in the clock but neither Pythium nor Vanheim sent their turns so added another 24 hours.

If anybody feels like they can't keep up, we can look for substitutes, or at least you can go AI.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, my last turn seems to have disappeared. I got the email confirmation that it was received but its claiming I stale turned.

If there's no objections I'm going to reset the turn and send in the .2h file again (I still have it from the sent email file), and re-send the turn.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-03-10 at 02:33 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

OK I rolled it back, re-sent in the same .2h file, and hit hosting, so everything should be good, just ignore the first turn file.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Apologies for the rollback, I was pointed out that everybody had sent their turns but had forgot to turn on quickhost again. When I did so the turn didn't seem to be hosting so I thought I had to force the turn but turns out it was just a bit delayed so it ended up resolving the next turn whitout anybody having time to check the files.

So please ignore the turn 34 file you've just received and use the turn 33 file instead.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

Starting tomorrow I'm going to be out of town for a couple days, but I don't think I'll need a turn delay I put in my 4v4 turn already and I'll put in both my turn for the pairs game tonight and should be back before next turn is due.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I've been on vacation for the past few days and I don't think I'll be able to hit the 4v4 deadline this turn. I can the turn done this evening.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

As Thrantar isn't online either, I request a formal extension of 24 hours on behalf of both Ulm and Hinnom.

Spoke too soon. Well, requesting extension for Ulm only then.
    Last edited by Grif; 2018-03-12 at 12:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    As Thrantar isn't online either, I request a formal extension of 24 hours on behalf of both Ulm and Hinnom.

Spoke too soon. Well, requesting extension for Ulm only then.
    Ok no problem I'll put in for 24 hours now let me know if you need more

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Delayed 12 hours for Marignon.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Alright, I’m going to be traveling to India for a spring break vacation. I’ll be leaving next Monday (March 19) and will return on March 31.

It looks like all of my lodgings will have internet available, so I should be able to keep up with the 4v4. That said, I will be taking a couple overnight trains, but not for more than 1 night at a time. If I run into difficulties, I’ll try to let you all know (but no promises).
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Requesting an extension for the 2v2v2v2v2 game. My weekend is looking like I'm not going to get time in to play for Ulm, at least until Monday. Sorry guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sen isSaqqara View Post
    Requesting an extension for the 2v2v2v2v2 game. My weekend is looking like I'm not going to get time in to play for Ulm, at least until Monday. Sorry guys.
    OK I pushed it back 48 hours for now get the turn in as soon as you can and as long as everybody else has posted then it will host as soon as you send in.

EDIT - ok, so you sent in your turn so I assume the 'until Monday' was for the next turn. I went ahead and pushed the next host back to Tuesday let me know if you'll need more time.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-03-17 at 01:40 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

48 hours postpone.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Bugbear in the Playground

Deutorio, your inbox is apparently full

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Cleaned up space.

17. - Top - End - #587

Lizardfolk

I am going to be traveling overnight tomorrow, and so I don't think I'll be able to get my turn in on time for the 4v4. Is it possible to get a 24 hour extension?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by houlio View Post
    I am going to be traveling overnight tomorrow, and so I don't think I'll be able to get my turn in on time for the 4v4. Is it possible to get a 24 hour extension?
    Yeah no problem I'll go ahead and push it back 24 just put turn in as soon as you can and it will auto host.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

OK probably the single funniest moment of the whole pairs game just happened.

Caelum attacked a Marignon force and just barely lost (by literally a couple units).

And then the solo chest-wounded, one-eyed Jotun that I'd forgotten that I'd moved there to poke them and see the army comp came in and beat what was left and took control of the province.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Not exactly "beat" but more "Marignon had two terracota soldiers, one knight, zero commanders, so the knight ran and the terracota soldiers melted."

Still for funniest moment I would call Pangaea's mighty minotaur hero panicking and start chopping down their own mages in the backlines as they attempted to escape.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-03-23 at 02:11 AM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

I try to use just enough force for the job. I undershot a bit. Or I got lucky.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Hate to say it, but this is team Andecembogius throwing in the towel for the 4v4 game. That said, we'd be open for a rematch, different age or something--I thought it felt pretty even, all told.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Halfling in the Playground

Personally, I'm lobbying for the battle of the successor states in MA:
    Ashdod, Man, Phaeacia, and Ulm vs. Jotunheim, Caelum, Atlantis, and Arcoscephale.
    That said, I am certainly open to alternatives.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Hellbug View Post
    Hate to say it, but this is team Andecembogius throwing in the towel for the 4v4 game. That said, we'd be open for a rematch, different age or something--I thought it felt pretty even, all told.
    I for one gracefully accept your surrender.

You certainly put up a great fight to the end. Fomoria and Berytos sailing sneak attacks managed to destroy my first expansion fort before it was completed and even siege my cap (Caelum national PD really sucks, please buff), Hinnom somehow managed to endure their cap siege for like a year or so and Ulm was plain terrifying to face head on.

However I feel like our awakened pretenders gave us the edge to win. Atlantis ghost-king performed much better than I expected, raiding left and right while refusing to die(again) and (un)living to fight another month even when defeated, while Special Snowflake the white dragon was critical in both helping expansion, raiding and tearing down Hinnom and Berytos biggest armies. Definitely worth the points to start awake, even if Jotunheim managed to lose their Orm in like the 3rd turn to a cavemen province.

I would be up for another 4v4.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

We had a couple good chances to turn it--I was knocking on Arco's door before that surprise rout, and that Fomorian king was only a turn away from surviving in that raiding party, but we made some mistakes and the dice didn't go our way. The awake pretenders definitely put us on the back foot, and we had some trouble leveraging Berytos's relative power (as they weren't really fighting at first) into anything real.

Edit: That said, I don't think dormant was the thing that killed us, but not having any strong combatants definitely did hurt us a lot. Also, I hadn't looked at the map too much before we started--the terrain was absolutely brutal, which really helped your fliers.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2018-03-26 at 01:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll go ahead and declare it finished on the server, good game overall.

I dunno about a strict re-match, but I'd definitely be down for another game, pending everybody else's opinions.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-03-26 at 01:22 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

We had a couple good chances to turn it--I was knocking on Arco's door before that surprise rout, and that Fomorian king was only a turn away from surviving in that raiding party, but we made some mistakes and the dice didn't go our way. The awake pretenders definitely put us on the back foot, and we had some trouble leveraging Berytos's relative power (as they weren't really fighting at first) into anything real.
    It goes to show the importance of not pushing one's luck too much.

For example in our side I managed to talk Jotunheim into holding back attacks a couple times in order to avoid certain combats that could've ended really badly for us (that's why they ended turtling and building a fort right next to Hinnom's cap), and said fort proved critical to help fend off Berytos attempt to help later.

Edit: That said, I don't think dormant was the thing that killed us, but not having any strong combatants definitely did hurt us a lot. Also, I hadn't looked at the map too much before we started--the terrain was absolutely brutal, which really helped your fliers.
    Yeah, things like humie-scale wizards and the phoenix are more late-game options and couldn't help you much in stopping angry dragons and ghost kings. Fomoria's giant puppy had more combat potential but seemed to spend too much time in their cap before finally joining battle.

And you don't get to complain much about the terrain since I started with only 3 land provinces in my circle cap and one was a 3rd level throne I had no hope of capturing.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Puppy was a lategame thing too. He's supposed to bootstrap my research, to segue into a combat mage role later.

29. - Top - End - #599

Lizardfolk

Also down for a rematch. I think I had the strangest start I’ve ever seen in that game as Berytos. My cap wasn’t on a coast, and my cap ring included a non-throne province defended by two pretender chassis. I was worried at the start because I think there was one other province bordering me without cataphracts or heavy cav I believe. Turned out not being a huge setback in the grand scheme of things, but it was strange to see.

I’m fine for doing successor states or for choosing new ones if anyone prefers.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Puppy was a lategame thing too. He's supposed to bootstrap my research, to segue into a combat mage role later.
    With an huge pile of HP and a strong Fear aura, puppy may've been a viable SC or at least a pretty scary flanker to help rout armies.

Although hanging back shooting shadow blasts with an huge Death level is pretty scary too, but you only seem to start using puppy for that a bit too late.

Also just me or no actual Fomorian giants besides the kings? They may've been able to take the battle to the sea against Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by houlio View Post
    Also down for a rematch. I think I had the strangest start I’ve ever seen in that game as Berytos. My cap wasn’t on a coast, and my cap ring included a non-throne province defended by two pretender chassis. I was worried at the start because I think there was one other province bordering me without cataphracts or heavy cav I believe. Turned out not being a huge setback in the grand scheme of things, but it was strange to see.
    I remember seeingn pretender chassis in indie province once too. Pretty rare but yeah can happen. I actually dodged a bullet early game since there was an inside province with a bunch of air mages "hidden" in the mid which may've screwed up my dragon but my guts told me to go around it and ended up unconquered.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-03-26 at 03:29 AM.