New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default New patrons and their pact boons

The new Xanathar’s Guide to Everything introduced us to two new patrons: the Celestial and the Hex-blade.
    I the players handbook, there is a side bar on each patron’s unique pact boons, such as the alternate familiar forms, what weapon you use for pact of the blade, and what your book of ancient secrets might contain.

What do you guys think should be the personalized pacts for the new patrons?

I will put some of my ideas below, please let me know what you think.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: New patrons and their pact boons

My ideas:

Hex-Blade

-Pact of the blade: any weapon is appropriate, but consider your specific patron and their weapon type. For instance, if your patron takes the form of an axe, your weapon might be a great axe.

-Pact of the chain: Velociraptor (size:tiny, CR: 1/4). Flying sword (size is small, but octopus is small and in the spell description. CR: 1/4)

-Pact of the Tome: Your book may be filled of the darkness of the shadowfell, or maybe it contains the thoughts of a master of blades.

Celestial

-Pact of the blade: your weapon might be a polearm of some sorts. This is for the purpose of being able to protect while staying out of reach. Or, if you take the Improved Pact weapon invocation, you might choose a bow or cross-bow.

-Pact of the chain: flumph (size small, same as octopus, CR: 1/8) sprite (already archfey familiar)

-Pact of the tome: your book will most likely contain words of joy and good. It may reflect the Book of Exalted Deeds, containing tips on making the world a better place.

Please let me know what you think! :)