New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Well, I dunno about free stuff they plan to give out (if any), but the fest banners have been detailed.

3 LD banners, Healer (23rd), BSB+(24th), and 6* (25th)

5 Fest Banner which I'll just copy/paste the MVP email:

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy Holidays from FFRK!

■ The game’s startup screen and BGM music will be changed to a special holiday theme from 5:00 PM 12/15 PST (1:00 AM 12/16 UTC). We hope you enjoy these festive features!

■ Festival of Wonder Relic Draw - 5 Phases

The Festival of Wonder Relic Draw will have bonus drop rates for equipment with Burst Soul Breaks and equipment with Legend Materia for a limited time. There are new pieces of equipment with elemental aspects of every type included in the lineup, and four or more new pieces of equipment will appear in the phases. You could also get new 6★ relics!

・Phase 1: 5:00 PM 12/25 PST to 4:59 PM 12/27 PST
    Locke and Krile’s new Chain Soul Breaks will make their debut in this Relic Draw.

Locke’s Atomic Dive activates a fire chain to raise the fire damage of all allies a small amount, deals eleven physical fire attacks to one target, and temporarily lowers its Defense and Resistance a large amount.

Krile’s Unbroken Chain also activates a fire chain to raise the fire damage of all allies a small amount, deals eleven magic fire attacks to one target, and reduces delay of all allies' actions for two turns.

Either would likely be a welcome addition to any fire team.

・Phase 2: 5:00 PM 12/27 PST to 4:59 PM 12/29 PST
    Galuf’s Ultra Soul Break and Tifa’s new Burst Soul Break will make their debut in this Relic Draw! Ingus’s Chain Soul Break and Bartz’s Ultra Soul Break will also appear, along with other powerful Soul Breaks.

・Phase 3: 5:00 PM 12/29 PST to 4:59 PM 12/31 PST
    Tidus and Zack’s Chain Soul Breaks, and Cloud’s Ultra Soul Break will appear in this Relic Draw along with four new pieces of equipment (including Kimahri’s Ultra Soul Break).

・Phase 4: 5:00 PM 12/31 PST to 4:59 PM 1/2 PST
    Kain and Snow’s new Chain Soul Breaks will make their debut in this Relic Draw.

Kain’s Impulse Drive activates a lightning chain, raising the lightning damage of all allies a small amount, and deals twenty-two jump lightning attacks to one target.

Snow’s Frost Geyser activates an ice chain, raises the ice damage of all allies a small amount, deals eleven physical ice attacks to one target, and automatically restores HP to allies when they take damage (up to 2000 HP total).

・Phase 5: 5:00 PM 1/2 PST to 4:59 PM 1/4 PST
    Seymour’s Chain Soul Break and Garland’s Overstrike Soul Break will make their debut in this Relic Draw.

Seymour’s Oblivion activates a dark chain, raising the dark damage of all allies a small amount, dealing eleven magic dark attacks to one target, and reducing the delay of all allies' actions for two turns.

Edit: In addition, we'll be getting 6 mithril tomorrow from the daily dungeon update, and another 5 mithril from a log in campaign starting the 20th (5 day login, so the mithril will be collected on the 25th).
    Thanks. Looks like I'll not be getting any real game changers for a while then. Mmmmaybe banner 5 but... eh. I'm *really* not looking forward to this Crystal Tower or the Magicite 4 fights.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Sitting at 150 mythril with at least 2 LDs ready to eat myth as well (don't really need more healer items unless they are fancy USBs... unsure on that LD...

Spoiler: Copy from Reddit of Banner Breakdown plus PandaThoughts
    Show

Banner 1:
    Locke Zwill Crossblade [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11xST Fire physical dmg, DEF/RES -50%, activate Fire Chain
    Krille Red Scorpion [LCSSB, +10 MAG] - 11 single-target Fire magic attacks, activates Fire Limit Chain, Quick Cast 2 to party
    Refia Metal Knuckles [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Quick Cast 1, En-Fire, High Critical & "Flaming Love" to user
    Locke Gladius [OSSB, +10 ATK] - 1xST Overflow Fire/Holy physical dmg, short cast time
    Papalymo Lilith Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
    Yda Kaiser Knuckles [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Full Breakdown, Burst Mode
    Refia Shura Gloves [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Critical = 50% to user, En-Fire, Burst Mode
    Krille Asura's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
    Vivi Gravity Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Fire/Lightning/Ice magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% to party, Burst Mode
    Braska High Summoner's Longstaff [BSSB, +10 MAG] 8xST random Fire/Lightning/Non-ele summon magic dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
    Scott Wild Rose [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
    Ace Summer Uniform [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, Physical Blink 1 to party, Burst Mode
    Locke's Armguard [LMR, +10 ATK] - Start battle with EnFire
    Krile's Dress [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at start of battle

Its very fire focused and I've a very happy fire team. The BSBs do not excite. The Chains look great, as does Reifa's USB, and the LMR look meh. Overall this is a pretty easy skip.

Banner 2
    Ingus Rune Axe [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Earth physical attacks, activates Earth Limit Chain, Guts to party
    Galuf Platinum Hammer [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, En-Earth to user
    Bartz Chicken Knife [USSB, +5 SPD & +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth physical attacks, Quick Cast, ATK +30% & EX "Spellblade Barrage" to user
    Tifa God's Hand [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Earth/NE Overflow physical attack
    Tifa Kaiser Knuckle [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
    Guy Gigantaxe [BSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
    Bartz Great Sword [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
    Maria Rune-Graven Bow [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
    Rydia Slepnir's Tail [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Earth/NE summon magic attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
    Gladiolus War Sword [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
    Ursula Master Fist [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst mode
    Ingus Aegis Shield [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to user, En-Earth, Burst Mode
    Tifa Tifa's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - Start battle with EnEarth
    Galuf Kenpo Gi [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities

Tempting, but not good for me. I have a pretty scary Earth team already (Bartz with BSB3 and full Legend Dive, Maria with BSB) and Ursula with BSB. On the other hand, Galuf's USB and LMR look nice while Bartz's USB looks awesome and Rydia actually has something.... Then again, Ursula and Rydia on the same banner... I do not want any more claws while hunting for whips. Uneasy skip - nothing I need, a few things I want, and a lot of duds.

Banner 3
    Tidus Double Edge [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11xST Water physical dmg, activate Water Limit Chain, party Quickcast 2
    Zack Enhance Sword [LCCSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Wind Limit Chain, ATK +50% & High Critical to party
    Kimahri Bright Armlet [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK/MAG/RES +30% & 75% Water Radiant Shield to party
    Cloud Force Stealer [USSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target Wind/Dark physical attacks, Critical = 100% & EX Mode "Soldier" to user
    Yuffie Spiral Shuriken [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
    Cloud Ultima Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
    Alphinaud Veil of Wiyu [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Wind/NE summon magic attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
    Bartz Grand Helm [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
    Fujin Fujin's Shin-Chakram [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Wind/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, MAG & RES -40%, Burst Mode
    Edge Mutsunokami [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
    Tidus Twilight Steel [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF +30% and Instant Cast 1 to user, Burst Mode
    Zack Rune Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Wind/Earth ranged physical attacks, Imperil Wind, Burst Mode
    Yuffie Yuffie's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance of granting user Physical Blink 1
    Zack Shinra Beta+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Celerity abilities, 50% of also casting single-target Wind physical attack

Water and Dark are my weak elements now, this has a lot of strong water tech mixed in with a lot of Wind dupes. There are things I want in here and I might pull. Nothing really excites yet though.

Banner 4
    Kain's Lance [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 22 single-target Lightning jump attacks, activates Lightning Limit Chain
    Snow Unsetting Sun [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Ice physical attacks, activates Ice Limit Chain, 2000 HP Stock to party
    Rinoa Conformer [LCSSB, +10 MAG] - 11 single-target Ice summon magic attacks, activates Ice Limit Chain, Quick Cast 2 to party
    Lightning Razor Carbine [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Lightning/NE physical attacks, Quick Cast 1 & EX: Flash to user
    Lenna Rune Staff [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & minor Bar-Ice to party, Burst Mode
    Squall Axis Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
    Edea Edea Valkyrie [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Ice/Dark magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
    Desch Avenger [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Lightning/NE magic attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
    Shelke Spear [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Hyper Break, Burst Mode
    Lightning Enkindler [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Lightning/NE physical attacks, Imperil Lightning, Burst Mode
    Rinoa Crystal Cross [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 AOE Ice/NE magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
    Kain Abel's Lance [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Lightning/NE jump attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
    Squall Lion Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
    Shantotto Wizard's Coat [LMR, +10 MAG] - 10% chance to Triplecast Witch abilities

Lightning - my default "Kill them all" team and Ice, a pretty strong "kill them all" team - both very mage heavy with viable, but less strong, physical backups. Both LMR are very desireable - especially Shantoto's (queen of thunder). For two strong teams I actually have few dupes here (only Lightning USB and Edea BSB). Very likely to pull.

Banner 5
    Seymour's Staff [LCSSB, +10 MAG] - 11 single-target Dark magic attacks, activates Dark Limit Chain, Quick Cast 2 to party
    WoL Ragnarok [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Holy physical attacks, activates Holy Limit Chain, 2000 HP Stock to party
    Marche Burglar Sword (TA) [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy and EX "Speed Combo" to user
    Garland Earthbreaker [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Dark/NE Overflow physical attack, higher damage if exploiting weakness
    Seymour Guado Ceremonial Wedding Attire [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
    Ramza Kiyomori [BSSB, +10 ATK] - En-Holy to user, ATK +50% & Haste to party, Burst Mode
    Raines Metamorphosis Claws [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, higher multiplier if user is Doomed, MAG & DEF +30% to party, Burst Mode
    WoL Lustrous Shield [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy, Burst Mode
    Golbez Zeromus Shard [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 7 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & Sentinel to user, Burst Mode
    Marche Marche's Cuirass (TA) [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, ATK & MND +30% to party, Burst Mode
    Shadow Koga Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 0CT 7xAoE Dark/Non-ele physical dmg, EnDark, Burst Mode
    Orlandeau's Cloak [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Holy/Dark physical attacks, 3.75s CT, 100% Instant Death, ATK +30% & DEF +50% to self, Burst Mode
    Seymour Moonflow Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities
    WoL Crystal Helm [LMR, +10 ATK] - ATK +3% for each hit received, up to 35%

LMR are duds for me here, three BSB dupes (Raines, Ramza, and TGCid) - overall looks decently strong with a solid chance of boosting my Dark game. Not much excites me but I might pull anyway.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Thoughts on Festival of Wonders (*groan*)
    Spoiler: Banners
    Show
    Banner 1- Fire: 2 dupes, but it has both chains. Locke could support Fire team even more with his Chain, as he can get SB gauge pretty fast. That said, not exactly excited.
    Wins: Locke's Zwill Crossblade, Krile's Asura's Rod, Refia's Metal Knuckles
    Verdict: 3-pull at most.

Banner 2 - Earth: No dupes, and my Earth synergy is pathetic. My plan against Hydra consisted of beating Golem, then using Rinoa and maybe a good Monk for Meteor Crash/Gaia Rush. So, this banner is pretty important to create a proper Earth team. It has Ingus' chain, which while many people claim it sucks, it's actually another source of Guts/Last Stand for the party, on a character who can withstand more hits (and can use Gaia Cross to tank), plus his Burst, which I've been looking for quite some while. Pretty excited.
    Wins: Pretty much anything, but Ingus' in particular.
    Losses: LMRs? Don't use Tifa, and Galuf doesn't have relics of his own.
    Verdict: 11-pull, definitely.

Banner 3 - Wind and Water: 2 dupes, and a pretty decent selection. Not exactly aiming for anything, but more Water synergy is nice...that said, I have tons of Wind synergy. No Stragus!Burst, though, which saddens me a bit. Both chains are great, as Tidus and Zack are particularly solid members of their respective teams. Nice catch!
    Wins: Any of the Chains.
    Meh: Anything from Cloud. I mean...sure, there's the awesome Force Stealer there, which is good, but I don't use Cloud a lot - I have his OSB, and I don't use him even then.
    Verdict: 3-pull, perhaps.

Banner 4 - Ice and Lightning: 1 dupe. Ice Chains are welcome, particularly if it's Rinoa's Comforter (Ice Magic chain, and she can follow with Chain Blizzaga, Witch abilities or her first Burst, and she can provide Ayame with a much-needed boost to her damage against Fenrir). Even Lenna has something there for her. On the other hand, I have Shelke's Spear, and I don't want anything from Fem!Cloud. Tempting, but wary.
    Wins: Rinoa's Comforter, FFVIII Bursts, more Ice
    Losses: Anything for Fem!Cloud
    Verdict: Not likely, unless the stars are aligned.

Banner 5 - Holy and Dark: 4 dupes. The prize banner, for what it seems, because it has Ramza's ShoutBurst, as well as RainesBurst, Marche's Instant Cast Enabling Ultra, and both Holy and Dark chains. On the other hand, I got tons of support for Holy (Agrias, Beatrix, Edward as Imperilers, Warrior of Light as DPS, Orlandeau as THUNDER GOD, and even Firion joins the game as minor DPS and anti-magic); and Dark is also pretty solid (Kuja and Skinner as Imperilers, Golbez as Tank, Leon and Gaffy as DPS, and Exdeath if he wants to join the fun). Both teams also have a character that can do both things (Agrias has her EnHoly and does Imperil; Kuja has his EnDark and does Imperil; the difference is that Agrias ALSO has her Overstrike). It's hard to look for that, considering the dupes. So conflicted!
    Wins: Ramza's Burst II, Raines' Burst
    Verdict: Not likely. Really, not even a 1-pull. Ramza's Burst can be gained on a banner between the Festival and Fire Goddess Banner, alongside Orlandeau's Awe-Inspiring Ultra.

That's basically it.

As for Power-Up Dungeons: the XP gained just by doing the + Dungeon is pretty exciting. Only 2 dungeons, and less cost, but you get almost as much XP as you'd gain on the previous dungeons. Now that it's open every day, it's really tempting to spend Stamina almost entirely on it. What's better, I can do it twice per fill cycle!
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

4. - Top - End - #124

Alright, personal banner check, mostly for my own benefit but advice/input is of course welcome.

I'm sitting at ~325 mythril now, which means that I can pull on all three luckies plus 5 fest pulls. BUT this doesn't consider whether we get a Rematch Lucky Draw again or how much mythril I keep in reserve for the Onion Knight event in the not-too distant future. Hopefully events & gifts are enough to restock me enough for a couple 11 pulls on that, but I'll tentatively say 5 fest pulls.

Spoiler: Banner Review
    Show
    Banner 1:
    :D - Refia USB
    :) - Locke CSB, Krile CSB, Yda BSB, Krile BSB, Braska BSB, Krile LMR, Vivi BSB
    :| - Papa BSB (dupe), Refia BSB (dupe), Locke LMR
    :( - Ace BSB, Scott BSB
    Thoughts: My dupes would be on good fire+ sticks, that's not too bad. Leaning on Terra OSB for fire means I'm not really hunting chains, but they're good future proofing. Beyond that, there's a lot of upside: Yda's Full Breakdown BSB, Krile & Braska's SSBs already putting them on my mage teams regularly, Vivi and Locke being chars I'd like an SB for... Locke's LMR is a little fishy in that it's kinda terrible without an SB for him, but could easily get bumped up a bit if it shows up in a combo pack.

Banner 2:
    :D - Ingus CSB, Galuf USB, Bartz BSB, Maria BSB, Tifa LMR, Galuf LMR
    :) - Tifa OSB, Rydia BSB, Gladio BSB, Ingus BSB
    :| - Tifa BSB2, Guy BSB, Ursula BSB
    :( - Bartz USB (dupe)
    Thoughts: My earth needs help, but a fair bit of this stuff feels dated. Rydia BSB would mostly be nice so I could have something for her. Gladio BSB & Ingus BSB are more about filling synergy gaps than their actual value. But lord, that upside. Getting Tifa's LMR would also launch her BSB2 up a couple rankings, as it'd mean I could safely retire her BSB1 which is currently making my Hydra team work. My eternal love for Galuf probably helps though, because his USB doesn't feel strictly USB-tier in quality, even if it is solid. If anything holds this banner back, it's (A) monks have to use Gaia Rush, (B) knights don't have Earthbringer yet, and (C) Bartz doesn't have Quake Quadstrike yet.

Banner 3:
    :D - Tidus CSB, Zack CSB, Bartz BSB
    :) - Kimahri USB, Zack BSB
    :| - Yuffie BSB, Tidus BSB, Fujin BSB (dupe), Yuffie LMR, Zack LMR
    :( - Cloud USB (dupe), Cloud BSB (dupe), Edge BSB (dupe)
    Thoughts: Feels really top-heavy, though I guess having a handful of the big chase items will do that. Bummer to not see element+ stuff here.

Banner 4:
    :D - Rinoa CSB, Squall BSB
    :) - Snow CSB, Kain CSB, Rinoa BSB, Kain BSB, Squall LMR
    :| - Lenna BSB, Desch BSB
    :( - Lightning USB (dupe), Shelke BSB (dupe), Edea BSB (dupe), Shantotto LMR
    Thoughts: Lightning team is in good shape already, though Kain stuff would be fine since his OSB is all I've got and kinda bad. Ice stuff is the real treasure, especially for Rinoa since Edea is anchoring my team right now. And good gravy is Shantotto's LMR bad.

Also? Little surprised to not see Ayame BSB on here. Would've much preferred to see her in Lenna's place.

Banner 5:
    :D - Seymour CSB, WoL CSB, Marche USB, Ramza BSB, Shadow BSB
    :) - Garland OSB, Orlandu BSB
    :| - Seymour BSB, Raines BSB (dupe), Golbez BSB (dupe), Seymour LMR, WoL LMR
    :( - WoL BSB, Marche BSB
    Thoughts: I feel pretty stacked on dark and holy already, but the chains would take Raines truly to the next level. Garland OSB is redeemed by my lack of FF1 synergy, but having WoL USB makes his other stuff a waste. And seriously, screw Marche, but that USB is good enough that I would begrudgingly use him for it.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-12-20 at 11:20 AM.
    Merlin the Tuna

5. - Top - End - #125

Finally was able to bring down the mist dragon (magicite) meaning now I only have shadow dragon left to complete the set. This means I am no longer "hurting" for dark (Raines alone is team dark and I'm not regretting building him up.

My team for Mist Dragon
    Raines (Legend Dive, BSB, MM, DZ, Dual cast Dark RM
    Vayne (OSB, Dark Bargain, Sanguin Cross, Weakness up RM)
    Alphinaud (SSB, Drain, Curaja, Dr. Mog's Teachings)
    Ramza (USB, BSB2, Mana Paen, Life Siphon, Mako Might)
    Rosa (USB, Shellga, Wrath, Ace Striker).

Damage almost entirely came from Raines with Alphinaud and Vayne putting out respectable numbers too. (Vayne got off a 50,000 hit from his OSB fully buffed).

Unicorn dropped. Does anyone know if Unicorn's Status Blink dodges Shadow Dragon's instant death attack? If so I think I stand a chance. If not... I still have no idea how I'm suppose to overcome that turd.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    Unicorn dropped. Does anyone know if Unicorn's Status Blink dodges Shadow Dragon's instant death attack? If so I think I stand a chance. If not... I still have no idea how I'm suppose to overcome that turd.
    Far as I know, nothing dodges/blocks it. Only thing you can do is push him to 2nd phase before he uses it.

And if anyone is having the issue of the Jump Start being greyed out, here's a fix:

1) Enter Jump Start selection screen
    2) Click Event Details
    3) Click Enter Event
    4) Restart the app

It oddly works. Still 10 Wis motes from my Rydia dive tho
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Far as I know, nothing dodges/blocks it. Only thing you can do is push him to 2nd phase before he uses it.

And if anyone is having the issue of the Jump Start being greyed out, here's a fix:

1) Enter Jump Start selection screen
    2) Click Event Details
    3) Click Enter Event
    4) Restart the app

It oddly works. Still 10 Wis motes from my Rydia dive tho
    TY TY TY, I shall name my fully LD'd Refia after you.

And then an hour later they fix it.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    To echo Antonok, there truly is no way to avoid Black Fang except to put out a ton of damage in not-a-lot of time. The better approach, IMO, is to accept that you're mostly stuck with a 4-man party and build around that.

I mentioned my setup a couple pages back in case it helps, and I'm getting reliable sub-30 runs with it. (Link) The only tweaks I've made are that Hope waits until his second turn to cast Wall so that only Shellga is up when Raines hits Tyro with Memento Mori; that ensures he takes enough damage to eat Black Fang. (Also means Tyro can Wrath + Entrust before he dies rather than self-Lifesiphon + Entrust.) And beyond that, I've traded out Enkidu for Mist Dragon for the tiny damage boost. Yuna casts that right around Black Fang hitting, since there's no damage to heal at that point.

Speaking of magicite, half-stamina apparently ends in a few days, so it's time to make one last push to get the keystone count down.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-12-20 at 11:09 AM.
    Merlin the Tuna

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    TY TY TY, I shall name my fully LD'd Refia after you.

And then an hour later they fix it.
    The way it goes. At least we got a mithril out of it.

Did 2 single pulls on the FFVII with some extra mithril in a vain hope of getting Cloud USB, and instead got Sephiroth's BSB2. This gives me a pretty strong physical dark team. Now I just need something to use it on...

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    To echo Antonok, there truly is no way to avoid Black Fang except to put out a ton of damage in not-a-lot of time. The better approach, IMO, is to accept that you're mostly stuck with a 4-man party and build around that.

I mentioned my setup a couple pages back in case it helps, and I'm getting reliable sub-30 runs with it. (Link) The only tweaks I've made are that Hope waits until his second turn to cast Wall so that only Shellga is up when Raines hits Tyro with Memento Mori; that ensures he takes enough damage to eat Black Fang. (Also means Tyro can Wrath + Entrust before he dies rather than self-Lifesiphon + Entrust.) And beyond that, I've traded out Enkidu for Mist Dragon for the tiny damage boost. Yuna casts that right around Black Fang hitting, since there's no damage to heal at that point.

Speaking of magicite, half-stamina apparently ends in a few days, so it's time to make one last push to get the keystone count down.
    Thanks, looks like I’ll need to bite down and use this entrust schtick after all.

I’ll need to balance my team for this between having enough buffs, damage, and heals.

I had been building around Cecil (bsb2+usb) but he doesn’t dish out fast enough to get through black fang.

WoL is my only holy OSB - and it generally doesn’t impress.

Agrias has imperil but it is typically okay

Penelo bsb buffs less than Yuna but has a holy sting command which does respectable damage (and Rosa heals enough for everyone already).

I guess I can try:
    Ramza (LS + Entrust - later bsb2 or USB)
    Papalymo (Haste + sacrifice)
    Penello (bsb)
    Rosa (wrath USB)
    Raines (BSB + LD)

Can have mako night on Papalymo and Penello with double cast on Raines for once entrusted...

Alternately all our physical would be
    Reks
    Ramza
    Cecil
    Rosa
    Agrias

- or replace Reks with Alphinaud for Radiant Shield.

I’ll be trying it again later on - I’ve not been able to put out that kind of insane damage - then again despite reliably clearly other magacites I still haven’t sub 30’d anything.

11. - Top - End - #131

Since I'm bringing along a team full of paladins anyway (Celes, Agrias, WoL, Ramza, Eiko) I let them handle proshellga and made an R1 Arise for Eiko. Shadow Dragon's actual damage isn't too bad in Black Fang mode, so I can raise my fallen and rebuff them. It's not pretty, but it works for me.

What isn't going so well is AMP Caius. Is there anything I can do about his 'Five random attacks, three of which inevitably hit whoever has the lowest HP' thing?
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2017-12-20 at 02:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

I did finally start using entrust though probably not “correctly” still Shadow Dragon cleared in 0:55 so not too shabby.

Cecil: bsb2, USB, ace striker, saint’s cross and Aegis Strike. - Cecil would pound with SC until an bar 1 is filled and use USB, then get partially entrusted to bar 2 (see Ramza) and then bsb2 for some respectable numbers. Rise and repeat.

Alphinaud: SSB, arise, curaja, mako might.
    Alphinaud pretty much was the babysitter of the group, he was in charge of Rez, Healz, RW, and Magicite summons. Half the time he was too busy and the rest of the time he was twirling his thumbs

Curalia: bsb, guard bringer, divine cross, +holy rm.
    In addition to being the holy sacrifice, Curalia was also third buffer and a respectable source of damage. Armed with Excalibur 1 and her RM, her divine cross was hitting st least as hard as Cecil’s saints cross (Lightbringer IV, Plantinum Shield XII). After eating the only black fang she’d come back and spend some tome helping Alphinaud renew buffs before calling her burst and going to town.

Rosa: usb, Holy, wrath, ace striker
    The only difference to her normal Magicite dance is that now she was dishing out the pain too. She needed one half meter charge from Ramza midway through to pull the team back from death but otherwise she does so much healing Alphinaud got bored.

Ramza: bsb2, life siphon, wrath.
    A change from before is that instead of focusing on meter gain, Ramza lashed out with command 1 for solid damage to try to rush through phase 1. After a couple command 1’s he three Cecil and entrust and started life siphoning to get the next battle cry up, later he threw another half meter to Rosa but mostly used his meter for himself.

It wasn’t pretty and I’m not looking forward to doing it again, but I got two copies of Shadow Dragon (so I can level hit imperil dark to 65) and the other two look less apealing as main Magicites anyway.

Woo!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Hookay, let's see, banner thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fest Banners:
    • Banner 1: I have only 1 dupe, Yda's BSB. I really need good Fire synergy, definitely pulling.
    • Banner 2: I have BSBs for Maria, and Rydia. I have Tifa's BSB1 (En-Earth) but this is her BSB2 (Imperil Earth), which is worth more to me as a force multiplier. This is a pull for me.
    • Banner 3: On the one hand, I have a lot here - Cloud's BSB2, Fujin's BSB, Edge's BSB, Zack's BSB. On the other, Cloud's USB is on the list, and it remains as broken as ever. I just have to.
    • Banner 4: I have Edea's BSB and Lightning's BSB2. I could certainly use more Lightning options, and more Ice wouldn't hurt either. Will pull.
    • Banner 5: On the one hand, I have Raines' BSB, Golbez' BSB, and RAIJIN CID's BSB, and am not at a loss for additional Dark. Or Holy, for that matter. On the other hand, Marche's USB is legitimately sick. Reluctant pull.

This cuts it super close for me, unless we get some kind of mythril gift - I'm not sure I'll be able to pull the LDs. But honestly, I'm actually kind of relieved by that - a healing LD would involve both an abundance of SSBs and an abundance of duplicates, which would result in too much salt. Likewise, a BSB LD would involve a lot of dated gear and - again - a flood of dupes, not to mention the recent devaluation of BSBs resulting from high-level multi-hit abilities. Frankly, I think that, despite my usual "if it's half-price I'm pulling" philosophy, these LDs would really, really give me some regrets. Probably just going to focus on the Fest.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

The library of guidance update mentioned earlier in the thread has hit JP, and I can confirm: in 6 months, everyone's getting a Sentinel's Grimoire, and if you so desire, you can grab a Thyrus too. there are 9 "books" I've seen so far, each with a set of "missions" to complete, and once completed, you get rewards (orbs, eggs, gil, little mythril, etc), plus access to a one-time free 3-pull (G5) on special banners, followed by a special relic select. Book 1 has a bunch of uniques, but you can grab Agrias' Kaiser shield (lightning + armor) on the pickup. Book 2 is guaranteed SG, with unique pickup. Books 7 and 8 have BSB draws, with en-element BSB pickup- really good even for vets, as you can grab stuff like Sephiroth's BSB2 from the pickup.

You'll also be able to select a single SSB medica as well as a BSB medica here. If you're optimizing, you can also pick up a lot of + element gear- I've seen Quina's hairpin appear twice for water+ armor on the pickup side, and for some of the earlier pickups, if you've been playing for any amount of time, you won't really need the SBs themselves, so you're hunting for useful gear if anything.

Also, on banner 5 for the fest: Seymour's BSB2 is kinda interesting. Yes, you have to use Seymour for it, but putting that aside: en-dark entry. C2 adds "phantom regen", which restores 15% of his HP at regular 3.5 sec intervals. That's important, because C1 is a massive 13x/6 attack that has a 35% mHP kickback. But when you figure in en-dark and a single dark + armor, that C1 is doing 22x/6 per turn, which is up there with en-elemented meltdown. For comparison's sake, your average magic OSB hits for a 40x multiplier.
    If you pull this and give it a try, his LD is extremely helpful, as his LM2 grants a chance to leech 40% of the dark damage you do. If that kicks in, it'll almost certainly heal you to max after a C1. Might be worth running him with MM/Dire Heal, and swapping to DH if you're really low. If you really want to get risky, last stand could make this even more interesting, since the kickback can't kill you (or trigger LS), meaning you can play Seymour like a master glass cannon.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    The library of guidance update mentioned earlier in the thread has hit JP, and I can confirm: in 6 months, everyone's getting a Sentinel's Grimoire, and if you so desire, you can grab a Thyrus too. there are 9 "books" I've seen so far, each with a set of "missions" to complete, and once completed, you get rewards (orbs, eggs, gil, little mythril, etc), plus access to a one-time free 3-pull (G5) on special banners, followed by a special relic select. Book 1 has a bunch of uniques, but you can grab Agrias' Kaiser shield (lightning + armor) on the pickup. Book 2 is guaranteed SG, with unique pickup. Books 7 and 8 have BSB draws, with en-element BSB pickup- really good even for vets, as you can grab stuff like Sephiroth's BSB2 from the pickup.
    Heck yeah! It looks like there are a couple chances to grab valuable uniques in there; the SG selection includes goodies like Gordon's Flame Shield, a moderate fire resist armor that gives you an AOE ATK/MAG break in a realm that has no dancers. That thing has payed huge CM dividends for me. It's gotta be weird though, for that update to hit and long-time players to immediately receive notifications of having completed basically all of the "books" though.

Anywho, I think I hit an important milestone today: took out the D200 CM for the FF14 Torment without any hit and run! I forget sometimes how stacked my synergy is for the realm. Thancred's SSB provided a hastega, Alph SSB provided a boostga/faithga, Ysh could wrath up for her proshellga SSB & BSB, and Papalymo BSB is of course perfectly suited to the fight. Should be able to plow through the 250 and JS later this afternoon.
    Merlin the Tuna

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Heck yeah! It looks like there are a couple chances to grab valuable uniques in there; the SG selection includes goodies like Gordon's Flame Shield, a moderate fire resist armor that gives you an AOE ATK/MAG break in a realm that has no dancers. That thing has payed huge CM dividends for me. It's gotta be weird though, for that update to hit and long-time players to immediately receive notifications of having completed basically all of the "books" though.

Anywho, I think I hit an important milestone today: took out the D200 CM for the FF14 Torment without any hit and run! I forget sometimes how stacked my synergy is for the realm. Thancred's SSB provided a hastega, Alph SSB provided a boostga/faithga, Ysh could wrath up for her proshellga SSB & BSB, and Papalymo BSB is of course perfectly suited to the fight. Should be able to plow through the 250 and JS later this afternoon.
    130 or so things in the item chest! The SSB/BSB medica options are really good- Dreamstage is still perfectly fine in its own niche, and getting to choose Iris' BSB if you don't have it already is huge- yes, I will gladly take the best aspects of Larsa and Y'shtola's bursts, thank you! Heck, Raines' burst is on the selection list for one of them.

In terms of what this means for global? I can think of a few things if you're planning longer-term:

1. If you can stomach waiting, you'll have a chance to pick that one BSB you want to complete your collection. For example, T.G., if you want to grab Terra's upcoming BSB2, it'll be selectable at 0 myth cost in 6 months. Yeah, you're probably pulling on the Terra/Locke banner for Terra's USB, but that may change how much you're willing to outlay.
    2. Medica SSBs and BSBs are going to be pickable, so you will be able to round out those gaps, like astra or Deuce/Yuna/Aphmau/Porom for healer-based buffs.
    3. There's a lot of +element armor happening on these selects, so consider what your existing elemental teams look like, especially who's got strong USBs that will hold up- and realize that you're going to add useful armor pieces.
    4. I'd think the value of Tyro's uberwall drops. It remains awesome in fights where dispels happen (remove my buffs? minor inconvenience!), but since native wall is now guaranteed, and is a RW option all the time, it's not quite as huge as it first appeared to be during 3A.
    5. If they offer gem-only BSB relic select draws, and you were planning on doing one, ask yourself if you really need that shiny right now, or if you can live without it and pick it up for free later.

17. - Top - End - #137

I haven't looked at those selections too carefully yet, but after these fests that is probably what I'm most hyped for.

I got grumbly after Rydia's banner came and went and haven't really been using my stamina - only cleared the XII event (not including non JS AP fights - these last two days (hadn't even started it).

But I think I'm back into my groove. All Magicite dungeons so far down at least once (nothing sub 30, but all but shadow dragon can be reliably recleared (haven't retried him, he's and I don't much care about darkness+ Magicite for now... eventually I'll do it).

Haven't run a Torment in forever so spent some time and knocked out 200, 250, and 300 for Guardia (no CMs, but did have Y'shtola in my 300 party so got some incidental motes - Y'sh is in all my non magicite parties).

After playing with Guarda XIV a bit I remembered just how nasty strong team fire is:
    Balthier (BSB2)
    Vincent (BSB, USB)
    Reifa (BSB)
    Y'shtola (Wall, BSB)
    Ramza (BSB, USB).

Took a while to find a SB-rotation and RW that worked in the D300 because of the slows and very small gap between calling Feather set3 and detonation. Wound up using Eiko USB RW, eating the 9999 ultimate gale before resetting the RW to get everyone back up for the final push.

Reifa's BSB continues to be brutal. The "devaluing of BSBs" hasn't really hit that. Vincent's BSB continues to be unimpressive - but the hone extending qualities make me still use it plenty. The Radiant Shield buff is welcome and still very impressive on its own. Ramza's BSB2 is just as awesome as I hoped it'd be. Balthier's BSB2 continues to amuse me. Its entry is actually very strong - oil bomb is weak and unreliable but 3X oil Bomb into 2xcommand 2 dishes out some nice numbers on command 2 (I usually get 5 uses because Ramza's USB). Overall damage wise it straight up outclasses Vincent's (not counting Radiant shield - which with Y'sh burst is unreliable in the D200 and 250 fights).

Not counting entries, imperil, or Radiant shield:
    Vincent command 2 does ~2500x4 fully buffed. ~50,000 total.
    Balthier command 1 does ~1,000x2 3 times and 8,000X4 twice (6,000 +48,000 = 54,000) - so I guess it's more even than I thought.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    130 or so things in the item chest! The SSB/BSB medica options are really good- Dreamstage is still perfectly fine in its own niche, and getting to choose Iris' BSB if you don't have it already is huge- yes, I will gladly take the best aspects of Larsa and Y'shtola's bursts, thank you! Heck, Raines' burst is on the selection list for one of them.

In terms of what this means for global? I can think of a few things if you're planning longer-term:

1. If you can stomach waiting, you'll have a chance to pick that one BSB you want to complete your collection. For example, T.G., if you want to grab Terra's upcoming BSB2, it'll be selectable at 0 myth cost in 6 months. Yeah, you're probably pulling on the Terra/Locke banner for Terra's USB, but that may change how much you're willing to outlay.
    2. Medica SSBs and BSBs are going to be pickable, so you will be able to round out those gaps, like astra or Deuce/Yuna/Aphmau/Porom for healer-based buffs.
    3. There's a lot of +element armor happening on these selects, so consider what your existing elemental teams look like, especially who's got strong USBs that will hold up- and realize that you're going to add useful armor pieces.
    4. I'd think the value of Tyro's uberwall drops. It remains awesome in fights where dispels happen (remove my buffs? minor inconvenience!), but since native wall is now guaranteed, and is a RW option all the time, it's not quite as huge as it first appeared to be during 3A.
    5. If they offer gem-only BSB relic select draws, and you were planning on doing one, ask yourself if you really need that shiny right now, or if you can live without it and pick it up for free later.
    I'm pulling for USB, for her OSB, for her second BSB and for her Legend Materia. What makes me smile is that the Equip Selections have her Uniques, which will imply a fully complete Waifu, and that is paramount.

Loving the new XP dungeons. Took Y'sh and Luneth to 99, meaning I can field a full team with XP boosters. I can get at least one level per run, two with a Magic Pot or Materia boost. Since I can do two full runs, that's like 2 levels a day with one full Stamina bar.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

D300 Garuda may have taken me too many tries to beat. Party was:

Vanille
    Edward
    Papa
    Alph
    Y'shtola

My entire issue with the fight was the stupid feathers having a extremely low explosion time, and Alph not staying under BSB long enough for Vali to kill them in one cast.

And I've said it before, but I'll be really glad when Tyro super wall drops. Really resenting having to drag near useless Y'sh everywhere...

Steam Profile

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Healing LD up and pulled on! 2 Discos and 1 rainbow. 1 dupe, and now I have a dupe. The rainbow was the dupe, I got Seraphim's Mace, the SSB for Porom, which is pretty meh, and even moreso seeing as how I already had it. The "And now I have a dupe" is 2x of Penelo's USB. I mean, I'm happy because it seems quite nice. Instant Curaga(ja?) accompanied with 2k HP Stock and a Phys blink, but I'd have so much rather seen 2 separate disco's, lol.

Still, can't complain too much, the USB is really nice, and since I'm not going to combine them, I now have 2 top notch armor's for XII which is pretty sweet. They also give minor resistance to silence and confuse when under synergy, which is pretty nice.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-12-23 at 04:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Wasn't sure about this lucky, but I went for it and was rewarded for my faith. 2/11, both discos, no dupes.

Selphie USB is my first SB for her, so that's one more medica gap filled and one more source of last stand. And the other was Penelo USB, further stacking my FF12 healing and becoming my best pBlink.

Good luck!
    Merlin the Tuna

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't sure about this lucky, but I went for it and was rewarded for my faith. 2/11, both discos, no dupes.

Selphie USB is my first SB for her, so that's one more medica gap filled and one more source of last stand. And the other was Penelo USB, further stacking my FF12 healing and becoming my best pBlink.

Good luck!
    Nice, I got Penelo USB and a Dupe Rosa BSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

LDs are kind of hard to say no to. I got, of all things, Aria's BSB staff, and Rosa's BSB Bow, so not bad at all, Rosa's becoming a much more attractive healer since I also have her USB.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #144

RedWizardGuy

I did my pull and went 1/11, with Vanille's SSB. Not amazing, but I'm actually glad to have this for a third SB cast. Planning to skip BSBs only pull, and pull on the 6* LD (hoping for Ovelia, Edge or Bartz USBs).

From the festival banners, banner 3 looks like worth a pull or two, for those sweet Water and Wind Relics that I actually need. Only dupes are Bartz and Zack BSBs, but that's ok compared with other banners. Banner 5 could be good, but I probably don't need those dark/holy relics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Healing LD up and pulled on! 2 Discos and 1 rainbow. 1 dupe, and now I have a dupe. The rainbow was the dupe, I got Seraphim's Mace, the SSB for Porom, which is pretty meh, and even moreso seeing as how I already had it. The "And now I have a dupe" is 2x of Penelo's USB. I mean, I'm happy because it seems quite nice. Instant Curaga(ja?) accompanied with 2k HP Stock and a Phys blink, but I'd have so much rather seen 2 separate disco's, lol.

Still, can't complain too much, the USB is really nice, and since I'm not going to combine them, I now have 2 top notch armor's for XII which is pretty sweet. They also give minor resistance to silence and confuse when under synergy, which is pretty nice.
    Hah. I too got Penelo USB, Porom SSB and a dupe. Though for me the dupe was Lenna's SSB.

After the earlier BSB only lucky draws, this one feels... pretty cheap. But at least Penelo's USB is pretty good. The only other healing USB I got beforehand is Vanille's. And that's not really healing, since it only brings HP stock.

26. - Top - End - #146

Two copies of Porom's Seraphim Mace. Which I already had one of. I suppose I knew the risks when I made the pull.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

27. - Top - End - #147

I have so far resisted the lure of the first LD which my internal calculations suggested was not a good value given my current teams (though a disco would be awesome - the SSBs and my healthy load of healer BSBs limit its value).

I did sink 100 gems and 15 mythril in the XII banner and got 4 salt orbs for my trouble. RNG is still angry with me.

Sitting at 189 with some XII still not claimed and a lot of DU mythril still not claimed (can easily clear 225 by end of fest with an expected orbfest plus next event - maybe 250 if I churn out DU mythril too - I have a lot of backlog.

Looking at banners again.
    DU 2 - Definately pull... I still love bursts. Hone enhancing is still awesome and they pack a satisfying punch often enough. I'm not too concerned with speed running (Still no Magicite sub 30 - though Bismark has gotten close). (225-25 = 200 projected reserve)

DU 3 - Pull like a G6 (200-25, 175 Projected reserve... 3 pulls available for festival - only future banner I've seen I feel any hype for is Orlandeu/Alma-1 and my T team is already heavily stacked)

Spoiler: Fest thoughts again
    Show
    Fest Banner 1 -
    9 that would make me happy (3 or 4 of which could be straight upgrades)
    3 dupes

Verdicted - Team Fire is already very strong and doesn't need any help. This banner looks like a good value at low excitement. With RNG currently enjoying messing with me its smart. (Maybe 50, 2 pulls left in budget).

Fest Banner 2 -
    3 that would make me happy, only 2 dupes - with the rarity of Earth, the number of high quality earth toys I have, and my bitterness about Ursula claws while hunting Rydia stuff I will skip to ensure I stay happy. Bartz USB is a major draw here though. (Might 100 gem and pray)

Fest banner 3 -
    4 dupes and everything else looks awesome. Yuffie BSB and/or LMR would cement her place on team water. Edge BSB is pretty nice and would compete with her (or Bartz's) place. Tidus has a chance to supplant Paine, Bartz has a chance to really reward me for his LD, and Cloud USB so he can tell Fang to get over herself (He got and SSB, so she got her en-wind SSB, he got his OSB, so she did too, he got his en-wind BSB, so she did too... its been an amusing rivalry to watch unfold).

Looks like a smart pull. All my dupes are wind related and my water team is good enough but could be much better. (-50, 1 fest pull remaining).

Fest 4 - about 7 that I want. 3 dupes (edea and Lightning). A few dudish (not excited for them despite them being good: Snow and Kain stuff). Only thing I straight up Want (with a capital W) is Shantoto's LMR. Rinoa's BSB and LCSB would be pretty nice (rounds out magic Ice team very nice - kicks Squall back off VIII main) or Squall's BSB2 (Makes physical Ice and mixed ice more viable and cements him on VIII main). (50 mythril because there is a dragon I am chasing

Fest 5 - characters on banner I care enough about through nostalgia to really want a relic for - Ramza, Golbez, Shadow, Orlandeu.
    2 dupes, 2 wanted.

Characters powerful enough I'd know the relic was a "win" and be happy: Ramza, Raines (2/2 dupes).

Chains - but not ones I can really exploit (I mean I probably could build a great Holy chain with Cecil BSB2, Ramza BSB2 and such - but that means giving up Agria's imperil.

So maybe a pull on 1 - lots of good new stuff and some upgrades for Fire and realm teams... Might not pull as getting a Lockegrade would demote Balthier again after I just got him in place as a Fire team power house. Chance to boost Reifa even farther. Chance for Papalymo to make a solid case for a Mage's only fire team with himself, Vincent, and Terra. Chance for Fire+ fist from Yda (putting her on XIV team and making Reifa happy)... Really don't know.

No pull on 2 because growl. Rydia's BSB1 isn't good enough to crack a place on team earth.

Pull on 3 because lots of chances for some solid upgrades in Water, and pull on 4 because I need something to be disappointed about.

Either comming out of the fest with ~ 50-75 extra or comming out of fest bone dry on Mythril but with plenty in my DUs to mine.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I definitely lost this LD. 1/11, and the 1 was Sazh's BSB, an absolute POS for a junk character. Very, very disappointed ><.

Edit: Good luck to everyone else though, I hope someone on here goes 7/11!!!!!!!! That would ease my pain quite a bit to be honest ^^. If I can't get something good, at least one of my fellow GITP FFRK'ers might!
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-12-24 at 04:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

My BSB pull was two dupes.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Firbolg in the Playground

3/11 here

Umaro BSB which is an odd duck
    Cid (XIV) which is an interesting earth imperil
    Aeris BSB2 which is better than her first

Nothing amazeballs but no dupes
    Blarg...