New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: The Wasteland Wailers

Love goes to find Green and chat with him in pony. Her helmet is transparent, at least for the initial conversation. "It'll be a pleasure working with you. Don't push yourself too hard to keep up with me. This suit is climate controlled. Help how and when you can, alright?" She looks serious about him maintaining his health.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If any pony could put the Thunderbird back together, it was Love. Sniper verbalized his agreement with the plan.

Brazen could move more stuff at a faster rate than he could. Sniper switched on TacNet, then opened his computer to draw up a plan of defense.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Tactics
    (3d6)[1][5][1](7) VS 15 (13 Skill + 2 Software Bonus)

Once that was done, Sniper went to assist Brazen unpackage the explosives.

"I guess it's a good thing Love brings everything but the kitchen sink with her."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-12-09 at 06:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose throws a kitchen sink onto the misc pile, gives Sniper a nonchalant glance, and goes back for more gear.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Green chuckles. "Trust me, Lt. If I start feelin' down, you'll be the first to know."

Soon, the gear is all piled out of the vehicles and the Thunderbird. A few tents are going up as well, sent with the Thunderbird to provide shade in the middle of the desert. Wildcat begins to organize the command center how he likes it. The Wonderbolts return with the downed car. Everything is going pretty well.

Then Love receives a report of ten ponies in combat gear leaving Goodhope.

Spoiler
    Show
    Need a demo roll from Brazen, and then we'll continue.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Report received, Love will have one of the bugs on the town's outskirts switch over to tracking the 'negotiating' party from afar.

She comms Wildcat, "Commander, sir! My bots have spotted ten combat ready ponies leaving Goodhope." He was most likely more aware on the town's dealings than her since she has turned her attention to working.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2017-12-09 at 08:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A report of Sniper's attack plans is quickly dispatched to Wildcat and Love. It's straightforward and to the point with minimal editorializing.

The kitchen sink is looked at and dismissed.

He toggled his own comm.: "Commander, Lt. Love, if you need a pony to intercept the Goodhope team and parley with them, I'm willing to volunteer."

7. - Top - End - #247

"I could go. They're probably just looking to loot the crash site," Rose says. "Instead we could barter for their good will."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #248

"According to our guide, they'll expect us to be dead," Wildcat says, "I'm not sending one pony off alone. Sniper, you take either Rose, Angel Wings, or Corby with you. Your choice. Love, keep us updated on their position."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, sir."

Love will make sure that Star's relevant feeds are spread out to Scope and his tag along.

"Scope, I'd suggest you put up a decent haggle. You give too much, and we'll look like a juicy meal."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

To Wildcat: "Understood, sir. I'll have Rose accompany me."

To Love: "Makes sense and duly noted. If you've any other insight I'm open to it."

Sniper secured a pair of canteens for the trip and a few other oddities for bartering. Then he turned back to Rose.

"Thanks for coming along. You ready to go?"

Once they had everything situated and decided upon, he'd head off to meet the welcoming committee.

11. - Top - End - #251

Rose grabs some extra medical equipment for barter and her usual gear. "Yeah, ready to go. I got a couple spells on my mind in case they try and be hostile."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #252

"Don't get shot!" Powder Keg calls after them, "It really puts a damper on your day!"

Rose and Sniper set out across the blazing sands. It is a good walk to the place where they will meet up, so they have some time to discuss things, if they have anything they wish to discuss.

Meanwhile, the Thunderbird is now completely unloaded.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Initial contact. This would be interesting... But Brazen had another job to do to which he sets his mind to.

Demo (3d6)[15] vs 16

14. - Top - End - #254

"Don't get shot, she says," Rose comments to Sniper as they're moving along. "Ha! She apparently forgot what Rip did back on the station. Really only ruined the hour for me. Hmm, you think we should tell Powder about Rip? I mean, they were on the same time and maybe they're good friends. Or were."

"Anyway, that's later. How should we open negotiations with this group of armed salt of the earth simple folk?" Rose asks. "You know, morons."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Cautiously." Was Sniper's immediate answer.

He brought a few old memories to mind and pondered them.

"I've never led a negotiation party, but I witnessed a few on the frontier. The other party may be 'morons' but they're also dangerous and outnumber us five to one. It'll be a balancing act to find a level of cooperation where we don't establish ourselves as a threat or an easy target."

16. - Top - End - #256

"Hmm, well if they're a sucker for a pretty face maybe I can butter them up with a smile and some of the medical supplies in trade for not shooting us," Rose plans out. "Powder is probably correct that they'll be looking to loot. So giving them something to not bother us is at least consolation prizing."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Beauty standards might be a little different out here. If these ponies are as free as Love is, then be careful working the attraction." His mission focus was great enough that he overlooked any other immediate interpretation of those comments.

"Medical care would also be invaluable. We could work with that. I took some NV Contacts and a spare medkit. We'll hope that's enough between the two of us.

"The main objective would be for them to leave us alone. We'll want to make a good enough impression that they'll be willing to deal with Equestria later. Tall order for the two of us." Sniper finished his train of thought.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-12-10 at 05:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Love goes about anchoring all the rope to the craft. She can't leave the front end job to anyone else since supplies are so limited. The Firebird is going to need a new paint job after this mess. She couldn't help but to keep thinking there must be a better way. It'd take forever to dig out the bird without any heavy duty construction equipment.

On break, she decides to go find Keg.

The approaching travelers take up a permanent residence in the back of her mind.

"Hey, Keg! Have you eaten yet?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    Love
    "Oh, another track to drive that train of yours--if Lars is causing these townsfolk trouble, then they may be more willing to help us in return of us getting rid of their troubles. Which, really is what we're here to do, so you know... two birds, one stone."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Possibly." Sniper hesitated. "I've considered that angle, but, as the metaphor goes, I'm not ready to bet the farm on that possibility. We don't know the extent of Lars' reach or how accurate our information is.

"Further, he shot us out of the sky. That's hardly apt to inspire confidence."

21. - Top - End - #261

It's not Brazen's best work, but it will do. The charges are placed exactly where Sniper determined would be best. Not too well hidden, though.

Love finds Powder Keg working under Red Tape's exacting supervision. As Love steps in, they are having an argument about how she stacks the crates. "See," he says, tapping the slightly askew crate, "This is why your tech always breaks down. No respect for keeping it in good order. You just throw it around. How have you not blown yourself up yet with all the explosives you handle?"

Powder Keg bites back a comment. She's got enough wisdom to know that now is not the time to make enemies. When Love offers food, she bounds over, bright eyed and bushy tailed. "You said the magic words!" She throws a foreleg around Love's shoulders, "So, I don't believe anypony introduced your sister. How's she holding up?" She nods towards Flesh Love.

Rose and Sniper's proximity alert beeps. The ponies are just over the next ridge. Time to talk tactics.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

A happy mare usually gets a rise out of Love. A smile spreads underneath her helmet as Keg took up her pardoning, distracting offer. Through Love does pat her foreleg then move over to assist Red Tape and properly straighten up his box before she is ready to leave. "That's not my sister." A nod goes out to the hard working Captain. "Here. I'll show you."

Love claps her hooves together and walks over to Keg. Opening them, she shows off one of the beetle robobugs in her hoof. "See? A perfectly normal bug except it's not a bug at all. It's a machine like the one you saw inside the Firebird." The bug crawls underneath the hoof in a circle to end up at the same spot again. "I control the bug in my hooves like I control this body here." Love offers the bug to her. "Here. You can have this one as a gift from me. You can smash it to see the truth with your own eyes or I can make it dance in your hoof."

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "Further, he shot us out of the sky. That's hardly apt to inspire confidence."
    "Pfft, the dragon did that," Rose counters. "And we were being nice to him. Could of blown him up if we wanted to chum the wasteland for a hundred square miles."

She squints and zooms in with her telescopic vision, then returns her zoom to normal. "Alright, so... which one of us does the talking?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper consists the question for a moment.

"I've been training to read body language." Doing so was supposed to help with his empathy issues, supposedly. "I'll lead. You can back me up. And have a shield spell ready to go off just in case."

He took a swig from a canteen and doubled his pace. A thought occurred to him.

"I'd rather not lose the high ground. What do you say we announce our presence when we enter hearing range? Let them know we're coming so we're not giving the appearance of ambush."

25. - Top - End - #265

"Yeh, that seems like a prudent thing since they got five times as many guns as we do," Rose replies.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-12-10 at 09:19 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"If it goes sour, get the shield up and concentrate on our defenses." Sniper said. "They shouldn't have that much high end tech. The shield should give me enough time to dissuade then."

As soon as their quarry came within range, Sniper would shout a simple 'Hello, we've come to talk.' at them.

27. - Top - End - #267

"Right-o," Rose confirms.

She waves friendly like when they appear.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #268

Powder Keg stares at the bug. "Huh." She turns it over in her hoof. With a shudder, she hands it back really quickly. "Nah, I'm good. You can keep it." She rubs her neck. "Not a big fan of bugs. So...what does this have to do with your, er, 'not sister'?"

--------------

The ten ponies pull up short and aim their weapons at Sniper and Rose. "Who are you?" the lead mare demands, "And what are you doing here?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

The bug goes back in her saddlebag. It can find the right container to deposit itself.

Love doesn't have high hopes for this conversation. "We look like sisters? She looks thin and scrawny. I" A hoof motions down the other foreleg and she turns to show off her muscular flank with a wave. "look strong and brawny. That bug and this body are very similar. This body is a robot that I'm remotely controlling from there." Love points to her other body. "I need a strong body to do my job, and I don't have one without controlling a robot. Now, I" She motions to her body "need to eat. We can share some magic together?" Love winks.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper kept his posture loose and non-threatening.

"Lt. Sniper Scope, Sharpshooter, Equestrian Defense Force." He nodded toward Rose. "Lt. Rose Croix, Medic, also of the Equestrian Defense Force. We're from the crash site you're no doubt investigating. We're here to talk, not cause trouble."

His eyes roved over the ten ponies, cataloging their equipment and capabilities.