New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Eldritch Dissonance (D&D 5e) IC

Abacus stuffs the rations in his mouth, immensely surprised that everyone except for the summoner is being oddly friendly to him. There is no time to put too much though into that though as he lumbers into the next room. You to wait for what must be 5 minutes (he only gets one save though) until Brann receives a telepathic response back. "The room is massive dome, it has to at least have a radius of 100 feet. The ceiling is almost just as high too at its topmost point, but it steeply slopes back down to a 10 foot high cieling when you are up against one of the walls. It looks to be a giant garden meant to resemble a swamp. It is is a very accurate representation of one too. There are a small selection of trees dotted around the area, but for the most part it is just covered in murky water that has a variety of plants growing through it. The mist steaming up from the water makes it hard to see, but you should be able to view at least 60 feet ahead of you, assuming that you have illumination that is. Somewhere near the centroid of the room there is a broken canoe, I have no idea how it would get here though."

He pauses for a moment before continuing "I do not see any movement but I hear... something. Like incromprehensible murmurs, or whispers almost. They seem to be originating from specific points in the mist that are moving around, but i can't see anything moving. Nor can I tell what they are saying. I do not know for sure what this phenomenon could be."
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane purses her lips as she listens to Abacus' account. Might she have an inkling as to what might be causing the misty phenomenon Abacus is describing?

> Arcana: (d20+7)[27]
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-01-08 at 11:22 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Might Zaladane have an inkling as to what might be causing the misty phenomenon Abacus is describing?

> Arcana: [roll0]
    It sounds like there are ghosts coming from the next room to you (note: ghosts in Recnam do not follow the same lore as MM ghosts). It is not uncommon for fey to summon spirits to protect their territory, so this is hardly surprising. They probably bound some spirits to the room so that they would stop people from entering it. The mist is probably in there as a result of some sort of magical plant. You can usually see a ghost if you look very hard due to the hazy outline they make, but the mist probably matches with their near transparent shapes and offers them a sort of camoflouge. The second a target enters the room though the ghosts are going to manifest in a sort of physical form and start attacking them.

Or at least the spirits should attack whenever something enters, but for some reason they are not attacking Abacus at all. They might still be intelligent enough though to use some strategy, so perhaps they are waiting to initiate a specific tactic. There could be a myriad of reasons why the have not attacked yet, but you are almost certain they will try to at some point.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane shares her thoughts with the group.

I have read somewhere that fey can summon ghostly spirits to protect their territory. While I have no idea why they chose not to attack Mr. Abacus at all, it is a given that they will certainly take corporeal form and attack intruders at some point. So, be on your guard.

I am honestly not sure how to proceed. Perhaps we can increase visibility by ameliorating the mist that is being emitted by one of the plants inside?
    Now Playing

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    I am regretting not learning Dimension Door when I had the chance... I could cast Greater Invisibility apon myself and attempt to sneak through, or I could give the Invisibility to someone else.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Colossus in the Playground

We would probably need alot of fire to make the mists go away, and I only have so much. Lily adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

"The room is a dome at least 100 feet in radius... Which means it's probably more than 120 feet, if Abacus cannot see the edge." He shouts in the direction of Abacus: "If you see any ghosts or spirits appear strike them with your fists and bite them." Brann strides in, his darkvision spell revealing everything within 60 feet of him. He will activate his Arcane Deflection if attacked, and fires a firebolt at anything approaching.

Firebolt's spell attack: (1d20+8)[11] damage: (2d10)[11] crit: (2d10)[10]
    Abacus's save: (1d20-1)[12] disadv (1d20-1)[3]
    Initiative if needed: (1d20+6)[26]
    Initiative for Abacus: (1d20+2)[9]
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-09 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I can cast Invisibility as well. Problem is with my use of Polymorph earlier that would leave me without enough magical power to cast anything other then a simple cantrip. Until I am able to rest and recover my energies of course." Zaddion thinks for another moment.

"Are ghosts effected by enchantments? If so I may have the spell we need to incapacitate them. Let me consult..." Zaddion reaches into his robes and produces a black tome bound in an unknown metal tattered scraps of paper stick out at odd angles here and there. Zaddion flips open the book and flips past page after page.

"If they are suspectiable to magic I believe we have enough might here to at least force them to leave."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Knowledge Arcana check (If applicable) to know if ghosts are vulnerable to Enchantment spells.
    (1d20+3)[13]

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    I believe I possess the spell that will help us the most against these ghosts. It is called Faerie Fire.

Spoiler: Faerie Fire
    Show
    I cast Faerie Fire centered on a point that will “hit” as many ghosts as possible. They must make DC 17 Dexterity saves, or stop being invisible/ethreal and suffer advantage on all attacks against them.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane follows the rest inside into the room, ready to fight at a moment's notice.
    Now Playing

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zaddion closes his tome and holds it close as he follows after Zaladane. He reaches out with his mind to mentally 'poke' Zaladane.

May we talk?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Coming out of the ... change , she gasps a little, "Holy ... crap ... that , ive never experienced anything like that before ..." Shes not entirely sure if she likes that or not ... it was ... very different. But listening to the talk going on, as they discuss and send the demon ... not so much a fan of that ... into the room beyond, telling of ghosts, hmm interesting. Alright, lets get ready to go, speaking up though, "If you wish i do possess the knowledge of making light, i can cast it upon something and give us some extra light that way."
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    Zaddion closes his tome and holds it close as he follows after Zaladane. He reaches out with his mind to mentally 'poke' Zaladane.

May we talk?
    What is it, Mr. Zaddion?
    Now Playing

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"I can cast Invisibility as well. Problem is with my use of Polymorph earlier that would leave me without enough magical power to cast anything other then a simple cantrip. Until I am able to rest and recover my energies of course." Zaddion thinks for another moment.

"Are ghosts effected by enchantments? If so I may have the spell we need to incapacitate them. Let me consult..." Zaddion reaches into his robes and produces a black tome bound in an unknown metal tattered scraps of paper stick out at odd angles here and there. Zaddion flips open the book and flips past page after page.

"If they are suspectiable to magic I believe we have enough might here to at least force them to leave."

Show

Knowledge Arcana check (If applicable) to know if ghosts are vulnerable to Enchantment spells.
    [roll0]

As you look through your tome of knowledge you find the knowledge you need, and it is not encouraging. When ghosts are bound to protect something, all of their energy is focused purely on their objective, which means that THEY actually have strengthened willpower in pursuing that goal. It should be possible to charm them, but it will not be easy.

That means ghosts have advantage against being charmed and similar effects.
    -

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

You all steel yourself and step into the swampy garden, at the ready to fend off the ghosts that lie within. The second you step in the murmurs become louder, and within seconds they turn into an ear piercing shriek. In a sort of hellish orchestra the phantoms all scream at once "IDEM INTRUSOR AD MORTEM! AMINAN NON INTRABIT! ". Bones levitate up into the air as an eldritch wind shapes each collection of bones into blackened skeletons dripping with mud. Each skeleton begins to glow a radiant green as the shape of humans of flesh form over the skeletons. You could almost mistaken the ghosts for humans, aside from the fact that their transparency allows you to see their bones through the fake flesh and aura of sickly green light that emanates from them. You can still see the wounds that killed each of them transplanted onto the mockeries of ethereal flesh covering the skeletons. Judging by their appearance you would guess that in their past life they must have been pirates or people of a similar sort.

Suddenly Brann begins to glow a similar shade to the ghosts. Soon all of the spirits turn their empty eyes at Brann. They manage to conjure blades of pure shadow into their hands as they charge at you. Another cacophany of howls slams against you as they scream out once again. "IDEM INTRUSOR AD MORTEM! INTERFICIENDOS INFIRMOS!". Within an instant though they vanish and become camouflaged within the mist once again. Almost immediately after though they manifest around you in an offensive formation, trapping you between two walls of specters bent on death. Another warcry rings out "IDEM INTRUSTOR AD MORTEM! ET NON MORIATUR!"

You all were aware of their presence in the other room though before you entered and are able to react to the ghosts before they can attack. Brann tries to generate a mote of fire within his hand but the shock of seeing the phantoms teleport right up next to him distracts him, flubbing the spell, so instead of that he simply sprays a harmless shower of sparks at the undead (they cannot actually flub your spells in a mechanic standpoint, this is just a thematic way of saying you missed). He quickly holds up his hands to ward off the incoming blows and summons a small shield of force over his arm (prepares to use arcane deflection).

Brann prepares to use arcane deflection

Ayle spreads her hands out and throws a glowing goop at the ghosts. The crushed and charred one duck out of the way but the bitten specter is hit square in the chest and starts glowing.

bitten ghost is affected by faerie fire

Abacus obeys his master's commands and quickly comes to Brann's aid. The giant ape leaps up into the air straight at the charred ghost and waves his fists in a perfect 135 degree angle, destined to slam down right on its shoulders. The ghost shudders under the impact and the barlgura takes this oppurtunity to sink its massive teeth into its chest (its jaws are at a location perpendicular to the ghost's rib cage). The charred ghost unleashes a repulsive howl of agony and untwists itself from Abacus' maw, crippled by the attack but not yet down

scorched ghost tales 34 damage

your turns now!
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-09 at 05:36 PM.
    -

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

battle notes and map

Abacus: current HP=44
    Ayle: concentrating on faerie fire
    Olivia: preparing to cast shield,
    Brann: concentrating on summon greater demon, preparing to use arcane deflection
    Lily: N/A
    Zaladane: N/A
    Zadion: N/A
    Charred ghost: defeated
    crushed ghost: defeated
    bitten ghost: current HP=9, affected by faerie fire,
    stabbed ghost: Current HP=40,
    slashed ghost: Current HP=23,
    speared ghost: N/A

Spoiler: defensive statistics of ghosts
    Show

ghostly pirate: AC=13, max HP=40, immunity to necrotic and poison damage, resistance to being charmed and frightened, immune to being exhausted, paralyzed, stunned, poisoned and unconscious, saves (str+4, dex+5,
    con+5, int+4, wisdom +5, cha-2)
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-09 at 10:56 PM.
    -

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    Her sword a whirlwind of steel, Ayle slashes at a ghost twice, then runs a long, sweeping cut into the chests of the ghosts adjacent to her.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Attack the Crushed Ghost once and the Scorched Ghost once, then use Slashing Flourish on the first attack that hits.

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage 1: (1d8+6)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[20]
    Attack 2 advantage (if applicable): (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage 2: [roll]1d8+[/roll]
    Slashing Flourish damage (this is dealt to the Charred, Crushed, and Bitten damage): (1d8)[5]

If the Slashing Flourish damage from the first attack drops the Scorched Ghost, then my second attack will be rerouted to the Crushed Ghost.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops forgot to add the +6 to the second attack’s damage.
    Spoiler: Damage 2
    Show
    (1d8+6)[7]

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Your Wizard friend seems rather...cavalier. Summoning a Demon of such Power seems...foolhardy. I admit we were in danger. But...that recklessness leaves me worried.

Whatever else Zaddion had to say would have to wait as the ghosts made their presence known and assaulted their group. "Thank you for marking that one!" Zaddion Thrust his hands out his fingers crackled with power. From his outstretched palms twin beams of crackling eldritch energy streaked towards the Bitten fire-outlined ghost.

Show

Casting Eldritch Blast
    (1d20+12)[28] (7 attack Bonus, +5 from Advantage)

Second Beam
    (1d20+12)[17]

Damage
    First Beam
    (1d10+4)[12]

Second Beam
    (1d10+4)[9]

Last edited by Seanfall; 2018-01-09 at 08:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Brann thinks for a second. "If they hit me, Abacus will return to whence he came. I have to back up..." Brann disengages (disengage action) from the ghosts, and shouts in Abacus's direction:
    "Position yourself between me and the ghosts! Strike them as they go past. Kill whichever one looks most damaged.". Wink. Wink. He moves as far as he can away from the ghosts.

I suppose I should maybe do Abacus's attack rolls?
    Bite (1d20+7)[27] (2d6+4)[11] (2d6)[4]
    Fist 1 (1d20+7)[17] (1d10+4)[13] (1d10)[3]
    Fist 2 (1d20+7)[13] (1d10+4)[10] (1d10)[9]
    Abacus's save: (1d20-1)[0] (1d20-1)[18]
    Abacus does 38 damage to the lowest ghost, or if one of the earlier rolls like the bite or the first fist kill a ghost, the later attacks are against the second- or third- weakest ghost.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-09 at 08:57 PM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post

I suppose I should maybe do Abacus's attack rolls?
    Bite [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
    Fist 1 [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]
    Fist 2 [roll6] [roll7] [roll8]
    Abacus's save: [roll9] [roll10]
    Abacus does 38 damage to the lowest ghost, or if one of the earlier rolls like the bite or the first fist kill a ghost, the later attacks are against the second- or third- weakest ghost.
    I will carry over abacus’ seconds fist attack to the bitten ghost.
    -

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

From the Journal of Zaladane

I find myself agreeing with the warlock's assessment of Breen's recklessness. It is surely something we should strive to keep in check; otherwise, it can very well result in collateral damage. After all, if he is summoning fell demons with the potential to slaughter indiscriminately, why should the law treat him any differently from the cultists who called abominations from the dreamscape to terrorize the town?

------

Your Wizard friend seems rather...cavalier. Summoning a Demon of such Power seems...foolhardy. I admit we were in danger. But...that recklessness leaves me worried.
    I... don't disagree. He must be watched carefully. And we should be ready to drop him if he tries something malicious or incredibly destructive.

The orchestra of shouts interrupt Zaladane's train of thought, as ghostly pirates materialize in front of her eyes. The chanting sounds vaguely familiar. Does Zaladane know the language? (She knows Draconic, Mystican, Celestial, and Sylvan; not sure where Latin figures. Intelligence check (d20+5)[12].)

"Miss Valentine, I was wondering if you can smite that pirate over there a few times?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Command to Strike (3 psi). Olivia uses her reaction to attack the slashed spectre.

Attack: (d20+7)[18]. Hit: (d10+4)[10]. Crit: (d10)[10]
    Extra Attack: (d20+7)[14]. Hit: (d10+4)[7]. Crit: (d10)[2]
    Result: 17 damage (assuming no resistance) to Slashed Ghost.

I'm going to assume she's using a longsword two-handed; feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. This shouldn't change things up if she's using the warhammer, but the morningstar doesn't have the versatile (1d10) property.

Zaladane. AC 18. HP 59/59. Psi 26/38 (assuming no psi point refresh on level up).
    Focusing on: Mantle of Fury (+5 speed on self and all allies within 10 feet)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-01-09 at 10:14 PM.
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Moving into the field of ghostly aspirations, she swings her blade at the nearest one to her, trying to draw their attention, "Hey you ghostly bastards, come at me! Over here!" Trying to keep them away from her comrades who might not be as well defended as herself.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Attack 1
    (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage 1
    (1d10+4)[10]
    Attack 2
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage 2
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (if possible i will also use my reaction to use shield on myself if i get hit)
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It suddenly clicks in Zaladane's mind that the undead are speaking in Necronian. Concentrating on the contents of Polly Glott's Guide to Languages that she committed to memory, the mystic tries to reach out to the pirates.

Quod non volo nocere tibi. Tamen ipsi nos defendere. Transiet per possumus?

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Change focus to Nomadic Mind, to grant proficiency with Necronian.

Zaladane. AC 18. HP 59/59. Psi 26/38 (assuming no psi point refresh on level up).
    Focusing on: Nomadic Mind (proficient in Necronian)
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #355
    Colossus in the Playground

Staying alive. Staying alive. Staying alive. Lily starts shaking her hips and swinging her head as she gets lost in the music.

You know kinda unlike you. Lily remarks

Spoiler
    Show

Casting vicious mockery. Slashed ghost's wis save (1d20+5)[9] or take (2d4)[3] and have disadvantage on it's next attack roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    It suddenly clicks in Zaladane's mind that the undead are speaking in Necronian. Concentrating on the contents of Polly Glott's Guide to Languages that she committed to memory, the mystic tries to reach out to the pirates.

Quod non volo nocere tibi. Tamen ipsi nos defendere. Transiet per possumus?
    The ghosts’ eyes remain locked onto their targets in front of home but they do do begin to do another murmur in response. This one is less of a scream though and more of a whisper. “arbitrium non habemus. animam non intrabit”. (We have no choice, the living shall not enter). The fact that they responded seems to indicate that they have some of their sentience and left, but they are bound by their orders and cannot defy, even if they physically tried to do so. Their orders appear to be “kill any living thing that enters”. It suddenly clicks into you why they did not attack Abacus, he is probably similar to the men of Leng you faced in that he is closer to a golem given some semblance of life instead of something that was born of flesh and blood. The ghosts are not going to stop attacking while bound by their order, unless you find a loophole in the commands that makes it so they no longer register you as living. (Don’t quite know how you would do that though).
    -

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Enemy turns

As the charred and crushed ghosts fall they explode, sending a wave of necrotic energy out to drain you of the very essence of your soul.

charred ghost's death throes
    Damage: 11 necrotic (half on a successful save)
    save DC=13
    Ayle's save: 21 (success, take 6 damage)
    Zadion's save: 9 (failure, take 11 damage)
    Abacus' save: 14 (success, take 6 damage)

crushed ghost's death throes
    Damage: 12 necrotic (half on a successful save)
    save DC=13
    Ayle's save: 19 (success, take 6 damage)
    Zadion's save: 7 (fail, take 12 damage)

The bitten ghost teleports to Brann's left side, slashing at him with its sword twice. Both attacks miss.

The speared ghost teleports in front of Brann, then slashes at him with its sword twice. One attack misses, the other is a critical hit. Brann takes 20 necrotic damage. He somehow rolls high enough to maintain concentration anyway though.

The stabbed ghost teleports in front of Ayle, then stabs at her with its cutlass twice. One hit is a critical, the other is a miss. Ayle takes 15 necrotic damage. Ayle fails her concentration check here.

The slashed ghost teleports in front of Zadion, slashing at him with its cutlass twice. One attack misses, the other hits. Zadion takes 8 necrotic damage.

summary
    Ayle takes 27 damage, Zadion takes 31 damage, Abacus takes 6 damage, Brann takes 20 damage. Concentration on faerie fire has been dropped
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-10 at 10:44 PM.
    -

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

battle notes and map

Abacus: current HP=38
    Ayle: current HP=32, effected by greater invisibility
    Olivia: N/A
    Brann: current HP=30, concentrating on summon greater demon,
    Lily: N/A
    Zaladane: concentrating on incite fury
    Zadion: current HP=20,
    Charred ghost: defeated
    crushed ghost: defeated
    bitten ghost: defeated
    stabbed ghost: Current HP=21,
    slashed ghost: Current HP=23,
    speared ghost: current HP=7,

Spoiler: defensive statistics of ghosts
    Show

ghostly pirate: AC=13, max HP=40, immunity to necrotic and poison damage, resistance to being charmed and frightened, immune to being exhausted, paralyzed, stunned, poisoned and unconscious, saves (str+4, dex+5,
    con+5, int+4, wisdom +5, cha-2)
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-11 at 12:52 AM.
    -

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    Let’s see how these fools like a taste of... Greater Invisibility!

Spoiler
    Show
    What it says on the box. Cast Greater Invisibility. Bonus action Curse the Bitten ghost

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

"****!" Brann shouts, recoiling from the pain. "****... But these ghosts attack only living, or so it would seem. Heheh, I've got a plan. Actually, on second thought..."

Brann shouts a command to Abacus. He makes it sound as desperate as possible, as if he's been mortally injured. "Abacus! Please, protect me! Attack these two ghosts!" He says, and casts a Tidal Wave towards the two ghosts.

Their Dex saves:
    bitten: (1d20+5)[21] to halve (4d8)[25] bludgeoning and not fall prone.
    speared: (1d20+5)[23] to halve (4d8)[18] bludgeoning and not fall prone.
    Abacus's rolls:
    Bite: (1d20+7)[18] hit: (2d6+4)[10] crit: (2d6)[3]
    Fist 1: (1d20+7)[21] hit: (1d10+4)[14] crit: (1d10)[7]
    Fist 2: (1d20+7)[12] hit: (1d10+4)[6] crit: (1d10)[2]
    Charisma save: (1d20-1)[15] disadv (1d20-1)[2] fail
    bitten takes 13 from the tidal wave, killing it. Speared takes 9, and a further 24 from Abacus's attacks.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-10 at 11:21 PM.