New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Dissonance (D&D 5e) IC

Having eaten the vampire, her ... t rex? side? taking over seeing its prey escaping, the giant reptile then looks around, and still having a bit of a hole in the chest, licks some of the water to get the taste of vampire out of her mouth. Though not being able to speak, she does look at the two creatures messing around in the water, thinking about weather to eat them too ... or at least scare them off, she growls at them , in an effort to make them run away. Head just above the water glaring.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zaddion waits till both of the one's he'd granted flight to land safely before he drops the spell. He takes in a long breath, before exclaiming.

"YEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!" He yells until his breath as left him, falling flat on his face exhausted from the force of his victory cry. Raising his head slightly he slithers towards the healing water on his belly. Gulping the water, less for it's restorative uses and more because he had just nearly torn his throat.

"Apologies, but your lack of vocal enthusiasm forced me to correct the Balance." Once he's healed he stands and looks directly at Olivia.

"Truly your star is one always in flux, it's light every changing. It's nature mercurial. For your form to change so much in a single day...I envy the experience you must have had. You were meant to become more then what you are."

Zaddion smirks at her. "Also I believe the events of today will forever be burnt into the fabric of our reality. Echoing outward for all time."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Crixon View Post
    Having eaten the vampire, her ... t rex? side? taking over seeing its prey escaping, the giant reptile then looks around, and still having a bit of a hole in the chest, licks some of the water to get the taste of vampire out of her mouth. Though not being able to speak, she does look at the two creatures messing around in the water, thinking about weather to eat them too ... or at least scare them off, she growls at them , in an effort to make them run away. Head just above the water glaring.
    The urhags are far away from you before you even get the chance to growl. They drank their fill and the second you came stomping close to them they decided to flee up through the natural skylight.

Strange that you can see the moon from here though. The portal dust was supposed to lead you to a demiplane on the ethereal plane, not a location on the world. When you were flying above though you realized that there was a whole terrain above you though. It seems oddly detailed, a little too detailed. You are beggining to wonder if you possibly passed through another portal which led you back to location on the material plane, perhaps when you exited the trapped room. You could even be in the dream-scape. Such speculations are not suited for the mind of a dinosaur though, so you simply continue lapping up the water like an oversized killer kitten.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

tell me whenever you would like to move on to the next room.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at her companions, they all look tired and beaten up a bit ... she should definately go first, if anything jumps out well ... it will meet a set of jaws , she floats her way through the opening, moving slowly and carefully, attempting to clear the way for her companions.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle will go over and drink some water, enough to heal her to full HP, then walk through the door, casting Light on her head.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Here we go!
    (2d4+2)[6]
    (2d4+2)[6]
    (2d4+2)[7]
    (2d4+2)[9]
    (2d4+2)[5]
    (2d4+2)[8]
    (2d4+2)[7]
    (2d4+2)[6]
    (2d4+2)[7]

I doubt I’ll need these all; just use whatever’s necessary and disregard the rest.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-16 at 11:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The revelation that they may be on the material plane after all causes Zaladane to look up and study the moon, the stars, and the constellations

If, in fact, they are still on Recnam, it might be possible to return here without going through the portal by pinpointing the location through the night sky. Perhaps they can study the medicinal properties of the waterfall. Such an innovation would undoubtedly benefit society at large.

After she sufficiently studies the night sky, Zaladane will first briefly examine one of the deceased urhags, and then enter the next room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Astronomy check, focusing on Nomadic Mind to gain proficiency! (d20+8)[14].

Investigation on an urhag for anything interesting. (d20+8)[10].
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Olivia and Ayle step through the waterfall into the next room. Beyond the waterfall they find themselves in a small chamber, probably about 60 feet in all dimensions, with walls made entirely of frost. The entire room is covered in dark blue ice actually, the color of the midnight sky. Just above you you can see crystal hanging in the ceiling, shining like stars. Your divine senses pick up on the fact that someone probably casted a spell similar to hallow in this room. Standing in the back of the room you see a single locked chest. You step forward towards it, carefully analyzing it to make sure it is not trapped or a mimic, but you find nothing out of the ordinary. The star gems on the ceiling glow even brighter as you walk farther in. Eventually you squeeze past Olivia's gigantic dinosaur legs and approach the chest, for what reason you do not know. It is is fairly easy for you to break the lock with your rapier. Inside of it you find a couple of objects, here is what you find...

-Another small wooden box, measuring 12" long, 6" tall and 6" wide. It has a picture of a white sailboat painted on it. Two words are printed on it in a language you cannot understand (it is sylvan). It says "fàs, cromadh, flùraichean"
    - You open the painted box and find four palm-sized marble tokens. Each has a different symbol painted on it. One has an anchor, one has a fan, one has a tree, and one has a vine with thorns on it.
    - Inside there is also a small metal basket, which contains six globs of some dark green substance which have faint veins of light running through them.
    - A piece of parchment is inside the basket. It is also written in a language which you do not understand. It reads "gabh do inntinn, tapaidh air a 'chruinne, tapaidh air a chumhachd"
    -

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    The revelation that they may be on the material plane after all causes Zaladane to look up and study the moon, the stars, and the constellations

If, in fact, they are still on Recnam, it might be possible to return here without going through the portal by pinpointing the location through the night sky. Perhaps they can study the medicinal properties of the waterfall. Such an innovation would undoubtedly benefit society at large.

After she sufficiently studies the night sky, Zaladane will first briefly examine one of the deceased urhags, and then enter the next room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Astronomy check, focusing on Nomadic Mind to gain proficiency! [roll0].

Investigation on an urhag for anything interesting. [roll1].
    You look up at the sky, hoping to see the stars. It is unfortunately a rather cloudy night, but there are a couple of them out. Surprisingly though you cannot recognize any of the celestial figures. None of them seem familiar, it is almost as if these are not the same stars. Which should be impossible, so it might be the effect of some kind of illusion. Come to think of it, the moon itself may also be some sort of illusion. Damn fey. You do not find anything of use really.

You continue on to searching one of the dead urhags, but find nothing of interest. If you are careful you could harvest their poison, but it is not very potent really after they are dead. Not to mention the fact that removing it is extremely difficult. It is probably not worth it to try to do, unless you absolutely needed to that is. They look pretty normal to you aside from the fact that their eyes have that same glassy look that appears when a possessed creature dies. You were already aware that they were possessed though so it is nothing significant.
    -

10. - Top - End - #460
    Colossus in the Playground

Lily will also walk into the room as well eager to see what awaits her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I will say that all of the party has gather in the room and is seeing the items that Ayle found.
    -

12. - Top - End - #462

Where.... where are the weapons? Lily remarks picking up one of the tokens.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Where.... where are the weapons? Lily remarks picking up one of the tokens.
    Which token are you picking up?
    -

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Which token are you picking up?
    The vine with thorns.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The vine with thorns.
    Simply picking it up does not really do anything. You do feel some sort of arcane energy emanating from it though. This is certainly magical that is for sure, but you cannot quite tell what it does yet.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-17 at 01:20 AM.
    -

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zaddion's already pale face becomes nearly translucent when he see's Lilly picking up one of the token.

"MISS! Please do not just pick such items up without checking them first. They could be cursed or part of a trap. Or something far worse."

The parchment catches Zaddion's eye and stifles any further lecture he may have had in mind. Carefully he picks it up and examines the writing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Don't suppose that's Mystican is it?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    Zaddion's already pale face becomes nearly translucent when he see's Lilly picking up one of the token.

"MISS! Please do not just pick such items up without checking them first. They could be cursed or part of a trap. Or something far worse."

The parchment catches Zaddion's eye and stifles any further lecture he may have had in mind. Carefully he picks it up and examines the writing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Don't suppose that's Mystican is it?

It is sylvan actually
    -

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Brann commands his demon to pick up the metal basket with the substance in it. Meanwhile, he touches the parchment paper, which he understands perfectly due to the Comprehend Languages spell he cast earlier.

Chronicler's Save (1d20-1)[10] (1d20-1)[15]

"I possess a spell that may figure the magical effects of these items, but I cannot do so for all the items at this time,
    as my spell energy has been greatly sapped. I will be dismissing my demon soon, someone be ready to take the basket from him.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-01-17 at 02:00 AM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Brann commands his demon to pick up the metal basket with the substance in it. Meanwhile, he touches the parchment paper, which he understands perfectly due to the Comprehend Languages spell he cast earlier.

Chronicler's Save [roll0] [roll1]

"I possess a spell that may figure the magical effects of these items, but I cannot do so for all the items at this time,
    as my spell energy has been greatly sapped. I will be dismissing my demon soon, someone be ready to take the basket from him.
    The chronicker’s sufffers no obvious adverse effect by picking up the basket. The parchment reads

“Tap into your mind,
    Tap the sphere,
    Tap into its power”

It is a quite cryptic message really.
    -

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

”I can cast a spell to do so as well but only as a ritual it will take a few minutes but together we should be able to identify all of the items here.”

Zaddion again retrieves his Tome of shadows and flips through it. Finding the section of it. Sitting cross legged, and taking a piece of parchment and quill he begins the ritual.

“Please continue I will identify anything your spell wouldn’t cover.”

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Casting identify as a ritual.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Brann commands his demon to put down the basket on the ground next to him, and dismisses him by beginning to cast Identify on the globs. As he does not have the spell prepared, it will take him 11 minutes.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

To hurry things up I am just going to say that Zadion and Brann are teaming up to identify all the items.

-Your are able to discover that the small box with a sailboat painted on it is actually a folding boat.
    https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/...20Boat#content

-you can identify the four tokens as quaal's feather tokens. One is an anchor token, one is a fan token, one is a tree token, and the one with the vine with thorns on it is a whip token.
    https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/...0Token#content

the green globs though are not quite what you expected. If you remember correctly than this is actually called a "Moldable weapon". You can actually reshape the goop in your hands into the shape of a weapon and after spending an hour doing this you can actually imbue it with weaker magical properties. The creator decides whatever its appearance is while it is building it. It is also said that these weapons can alter the humors of the body and thusly strengthen a person's personality. You hear that this can actually give the person magical powers while wielding them, but the powers granted by this changes from person to person.

mechanical explanation: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rkzkfM4zz

The legends told of millions up millions of weapons down here, but as to be expected by epic tales though, they were more than a little over-exaggerated in the re-telling. This does make sense though, as you know that the fey warlock was actually a member of an adventuring group of six people. They probably all wielded moldable weapons, but after decades of neglect their weapons lost their shape and returned back into the globs. These are definetely useful though in case you ever encounter a monster such as the vampire which are resistant to mundane attacks.

you are all now level nine.

The portal you left through in the trapped room should still be there, so you can leave back to Ebonook whenever you would like to, unless you still had something you wanted to do here that is.
    -

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zaddion’s eyes go wide as saucer plates as Lilly strips and jumps into the water he looks to the others.

”What just happened?”

At any rate he takes one of the globes. It shines in his hand and shapes itself into a curved wicked thing. A reverse crescent blade, it seemed to pulse with life an eye opened in the cross guard. It’s pupil not like any creature on this plane. The metal of the weapon was the same that bound his tome.

”Another unwanted gift from the void.”

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Before you leave, make sure to determine who is holding the taking possession of the folding boat and the four feather tokens. In addition to that, Olivia and Zaladane should decide what they would like their moldable weapons to be. You can bottle the waterfall water, a waterskin's worth behaves the same as a basic healing potion, but it will lose its healing properties after it has been away from moonlight for 24 hours. As soon as that is finished, you can decide to leave the dungeon at any time. Please state that you are leaving the dungeon if you wish to continue.
    -

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

From the Journal of Zaladane

It is clear that the legend of the Titan cache has been simply that -- mere legend. The actual cache was not really as impressive as one would have hoped.

The more important takeaway from his excursion is the reliability of my companions. While I think I can trust Ms. Dannaek, Ms. Goldheart, Ms. Valentine, and perhaps to a lesser extent Mr. Zaddion, I do not quite think Mr. Breen merits my trust. Not only is he incredibly arrogant yet cowardly, he must have done something to the vampire we just defeated.

Something that unfortunately Ms. Valentine may have to deal with, for I sense that the vampire did more than just attack her...

=============

Zaladane takes a moldable weapon and examines it carefully. After she feels the weapon attuning to her, she smiles. This has proven to be a worthwhile expedition after all, even if it were underwhelming, and all she suffered was a minor scratch from an overgrown mosquito.

Once everyone is finished, the mystic will return to the city through the portal.

Spoiler
    Show
    While it is tempting to have a light crossbow, I am going with a sling for two reasons:

1. Light crossbows are two-handed weapons. If Zaladane is holding it in her hand, she can't benefit from the +2 AC from her shield.
    2. And yet, if she is not "wielding" it, then she can't benefit from the +2 intelligence it grants. So, she'll just have the sling around her waist at all times.

Choice: Sling (1d4 bludgeoning). Phlegmatic (INT + 2), waterborne feature. Radiant damage.

Zaladane will not take the folding boat (no space in her pack), and isn't really interested in the one-time-use feathers unless no one else wants them. She will take the parchment, if no one claims it.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-01-18 at 12:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    “Before we leave, I have one more thing to say. Mr. Breen, please explain yourself. The vampire was obviously from your past, and when it attacked our group, you turned tail and ran, leaving us to clean up your mess. Why did you do this?”
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-01-18 at 12:45 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zaddion was looking his Dagger over, with a disgruntled look. It was powerful no doubt, he could feel something emanate from the blade. It was the form the blade took that put him on Edge. Clearly the Influence of those from the void, or perhaps he simply so attuned to their energies that they had an effect on the blade. It didn't matter, it would be a useful tool against their machinations as all his powers were. He eyes the feather tokens, they were useful if the situation was right. But none of them really interested him.

"Perhaps we should give the Whip token to someone who could use the slight protection."

The Warlock would have continued had Ayle not asked Brann...a very good question.

"...I know it might sound odd coming from me. But...in the moment I Believe his actions...may have been wise." Zaddion takes in a breath. "Let me explain, we were assaulted from the shadows by a seemingly powerful and prepared foe. One who was able to cause him significant harm. As well as strike our ever-changing lady." Zaddion held a hand out to Olivia.

"Taking a step a back to access the situation and keep the fight out of the Vampire's control...would seem prudent at the time. True it turned out to be for nought but...I understand the compulsion."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

"I'd never seen him before in my life! He must have had the wrong guy. Also..." He gets up from a cross-legged position, looking at the lack of legendary treasure in the vault he was holding in his hands. Except the parchment. That means something... yoink. (he quickly puts it in his pocket, and as no one else can understand the writing, they probably wouldn't care) "You saw what he did to Olivia back there. How was *I* supposed to know he couldn't do that twice? Three times? As many as he wants? He could have killed us back there and no dinosaur could have fixed that. He would have mowed through it like a knife through wet parchment if he could do that many times. So, don't yell at me, praise those two." He walks away while pointing with his thumb over his shoulder at the two who allowed the flying t-rex to become a thing.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane raises an eyebrow. She is sure she distinctly heard the vampire address Brann Breen by both his first and last name. That makes his defense of mistaken identity rather unlikely. How many wizards named Brann Breen were running around, after all?

At best, Breen was amnesiac and genuinely didn't know what the vampire was talking about because he either forgot it, or was under compulsion when he slit the man's throat.

At worst? The man was a murderer. Worse, a murderer with the ability to summon creatures from the dreamscape, and to hurl meteors at anyone who dares to cross him.

It is a testament as to how mentally exhausted the agent of Banrignamara is, that the Mystic chose not to challenge him on his professed ignorance.

There will be a reckoning later.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #480

I thank you. Lily said clearly touched.

But he used your name.... How could it be a case of mistaken identity?