New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Dissonance (D&D 5e) IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to add Hexblade’s curse damage (+4). I also got a crit from the Curse, so an additional (1d8)[3] damage.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

From the Journal of Zaladane:

I was exceedingly careless. I focused too much attention on catching the negotiations between Miss Daenneck and the creature from Leng that I failed to notice one of its compatriots coming at us from above. I am embarrassed to admit, but at that moment, I was seized with great fear and disgust of the creature that had just wounded me.

-----------------

Zaladane's eyes widen as an irrational, almost crippling fear filled her mind. Before she knew it, the mystic's thoughts were immediately broadcasted to all creatures within range as a miasma of despair.

The mystic forcibly takes control of a majority of her fear, and rebounds it back to the weedy spider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Switch focus to Crown of Disgust. The area five feet around Zaladane is now difficult terrain for any enemy that isn't immune to being frightened.

Action: Visions of Disgust (5 psi, concentration, duration up to 1 minute): The weedy spider must succeed on a DC 15 wisdom save (d20+3)[11] or take (5d6)[20] psychic damage (half on save). On a failed save, the creature takes 1d6 damage for every creature within five feet of it, at the end of each of its turns. I'm not rolling the extra damage because Onyx and Lily may choose to reposition (Zaladane might fail the concentration check if she gets attacked as well).

Zaladane regains 5 HP due to spending 5 psi points.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-24 at 07:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zaladane regains 5 HP due to spending 5 psi points.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hate to say it, but that takes a bonus action, which you already used this turn.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Vacation
    Show

I am on vacation atm, so posting will be sporadic

Onyx allows his companions injuries to build his rage to fire peaks. Charging the nearest creature, he takes his war hammer in 2 hands and bellows feel the heat of the desert, you fiend!

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

(1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[25] adv
    (1d10+5)[14]

(1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[8] adv
    (1d10+5)[10]

3 point fire to all enemies within 10 foot radius.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Lily put her right hand together with her left hand as it shook in fear.

Focus.... Focus.... She tried chanting to reassure herself, but the fear wasn't going away.

Now. She cried out as nauseous fumes appeared behind the weedy spider, and skinny rider.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting stinking cloud.

Spider's con save for the first turn (1d20+4)[24] (1d20+4)[12]
    Rider's con save (1d20+3)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane scrunches up her nose in disgust. Did... Lily just expel flatulence because of her fear of the spider? How unladylike!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-24 at 09:51 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I regretfully infrom you that due to the fact that Christmas begins tomorrow and my priorities will be elsewhere, the game shall be temporarily canceled until the 26th of December in EST time. Do not expect an update until sometime about 32 hours from the time this post was sent. Have a good holidays to all.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-12-24 at 11:08 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The temporary cancellation is over and the game starts again

The bulky spider and rider continue to engage with Ayle. Each would be individually stronger than her, and together, they can already envision Ayle's death. The rest of adventurers are preoccupied against the other spider, letting the more powerfully built pair focus and destroy one enemy. A barrage of strikes from claws, teeth and spears launch themselves at Ayle, a storm of death from all angles. But what they failed to recognize was that Ayle's sword was at the ready before they began. She parries all five attacks out of way in a blinding flurry of flashing steel. The spider hisses viciously in frustration at its failure, but the rider is more shocked at the display of finesse she just witnessed.

Wow, that defensive flourish is OP, as Ayle takes no damage

The weedy rider attempts to raise their spear, but the gas of the stinking cloud fill up its lunges and cause it to be unable to have the strength to anything but keep from collapsing from their nightmare stead. With the rage of a cornered animal the spider launches itself at the enemy it is still hunting (Zaladane), attempting to dig its teeth and claws in at once. Zaladane quickly jumps back though and makes a fist with her hand. At first the spider only glares at her confused, but its reaction quickly changes to that of pain as the visions of disgust take hold. It shrieks in pain as it is stricken with a cruel migraine. Upon seeing this Zaladane and Lily can overcome their fear. These monsters are not nearly as tough as they look it appears.

The weedy spider takes 10 damage and Zaladane and Lily are no longer frightened.

Your turns now.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

battle notes and map

Bulky spider: current HP= 57,
    Bulky rider: current HP=36, affected by hexblaxe’s curse,
    disadvantage on all saving throws for one round
    Weedy rider: current HP=27, disadvantage on all saving throws for one round, affected by stinking cloud
    Ayle: current HP=28,
    Lily: current HP=42,
    Onyx: affected by inspiration
    Zaladane: current HP=45, concentrating on visions of disgust,

Spoiler: monster defensive statistics
    Show

Spider: max HP=80, AC=13, saves (str +4, dex +4, con +4, int +3, wis +3, cha +3), resistance to fire and poison damage, advantage on saving throws against being paralyzed, poisoned and exhausted

rider: max HP=70, AC=15, saves (str +2, dex +2, con +3, int +3, wis +3, cha +4), resistance to fire damage, advantage on saving throws against being exhausted, charmed and frightened.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-12-28 at 11:36 PM.
    -

10. - Top - End - #250

Lily pulls out her rapier in a flourish, swinging at the spider still enveloped in the cloud.

I'm not scared of you anymore! She cries out with a feral yell.

Onyx. As one! She replied after the swing, raising her rapier in the air like a conquering warlady.

Spoiler
    Show

Swing at the spider (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d8+3)[4]
    Sneak attack dmg (1d6)[5]
    Spider saves (1d20+4)[6] (1d20+4)[24]
    Rider save (1d20+3)[15]

Bonus action, inspire Onyx with a d8 inspiration dice

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane's eyes blaze with a burning fury as her fear dissipates.

"Begone! Crawl back to the gutters from whence you came!"

The mystic gathers a large chunk of psionic energy, infuses it with more of her anger, and throws it straight at the spider and its rider!

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Spend 5 psi on Mind Storm. 20 radius sphere, centred on a spot which affects enemies but not us. DC 15 WIS save, or take (6d8)[21] psychic damage (half on save). On failed save, gain disadvantage on all saving throws until end of next turn.

Weedy spider's save: (d20+3)[7] - fail! 21 damage; disadvantage on all saves for 1 round.
    Weedy rider's save: (d20+3)[14] - fail! 21 damage; disadvantage on all saves for 1 round.

Bonus Action: Regain 5 HP from spending 5 psi.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-12-26 at 08:41 PM.
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Devonkm has requested I take control of Onyx’s actions this round. He shall strike the weedy rider twice with his war-hammer while wielding it two-handed, using reckless attack. Both attacks will hit. The weedy rider takes a total of 22 damage, while the weedy spider takes 2 damage, which is strangely just enough to kill it.
    -

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Just for this one, round I am going to simplify the enemie’s actions due to a lack of time.

Weedy rider: fails saving throw to stinking cloud and thusly cannot act.

Bulky spider: bites Ayle once and claws her twice. One bite hits and one claw hits, but the second claw missed. Ayle takes 15 damage (6 piercing from claw, 9 poison from bite)

Bulky rider: strikes Ayle with its pike twice. Both attacks miss.
    -

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

battle notes and map

Bulky spider: current HP= 57,
    Bulky rider: current HP=1, affected by hexblaxe’s curse,
    Weedy spider: dead
    Weedy rider: dead
    Ayle: current HP=18, +6 to AC
    Lily: current HP=42,
    Onyx: affected by inspiration
    Zaladane: current HP=48,

Spoiler: monster defensive statistics
    Show

Spider: max HP=80, AC=13, saves (str +4, dex +4, con +4, int +3, wis +3, cha +3), resistance to fire and poison damage, advantage on saving throws against being paralyzed, poisoned and exhausted

rider: max HP=70, AC=15, saves (str +2, dex +2, con +3, int +3, wis +3, cha +4), resistance to fire damage, advantage on saving throws against being exhausted, charmed and frightened.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-01 at 07:23 PM.
    -

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Wizard!" Zaladane sternly admonishes Brann Breen. "Stop lollygagging and go assist Miss Daenneck!"

The Mystic then continues to give the weedy rider a mental pummeling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Distracting Haze (3 psi). Weedy Rider must succeed on DC 15 INT save (d20+3)[9] or take (3d10)[18] psychic damage (half on save). On a failed save, creature can't see past 10 feet.
    Bonus Action: Restore Zaladane's HP by 3.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #256

Lily swings her rapier at the rider's pike.

Surrender, and you'll be left alive, more then I can say from your spider.

Onyx, go help Ayle! She ordered her rapier gesturing in that direction.

And you won't be needing that. Lily remarks grabbing the rider's pike.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Disarm (1d20+5)[20]
    Item Pick up the pike.
    Move head 30 feet to the east if disarm was successful.
    Bonus Healing word Ayle. (1d4+4)[5]
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-12-30 at 11:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    Her blade a circle of steel, Ayle slashes the rider, but making sure that she can defend herself if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m back!
    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage 1: (1d8+10)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage 2: (1d8+10)[15]

If either hit, use Defensive Flourish for an extra (1d8)[6] damage and add that number to my AC for 1 round.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Almost forgot, Onyx wanted me to act for him

Onyx glares at the rider, standing there helpless. Its hazy eyes (due to distracting haze) look back at him through the nauseating cloud of glass. His arms are held to his side in a sign of surrender, but Onyx does not care. His eyes fills with rage and vengeance as Onyx raises his war-hammer high and goes to deliver the coup de grace on his enemy. The fiend tried to attack them first, and it shall pay the price. Flames pulse around the raging barbarian as his war-hammer crashes down on the devil's skull. You all expect to hear the sickening sound of crushing bones but instead you somehow hear... something closer to the sound of pottery being broken. Their is no blood, bone or brains originating from the blow, instead just shards of some dusty gray earthenware lie on the ground. Within seconds the fiend's body begins to all harden and turn into clay to, which promptly cracks and fall on the ground in broken pieces. The men of Leng are not human at all, but closer to some sort of golem given a facsimile of living flesh.
    -

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

It is the enemies turn now.

Despite being beaten within an inch of her life, the bulky rider seems to show no sign of physical pain, just frustration. The rider places her spear in front of her in a position to ward off blows (taking the disengage action) as she gives another signal to her spider. Instead of attacking the beast swipes its two front leg in a sweeping motion. Ayle, who is not well renown for her physical strength, is shoved backwards away from the doorway. The spider quickly bolts out the doorway and runs eastwards, attempting to distance itself from the rest of the attackers with little care for retaliation. Ayle's scimitar leaps out and bites into the spider, but the damage is not consequential enough to even come close to delivering a lasting injury. Lily also takes notice of the overgrown giant arachnid and she leaps into action to run the spider through with her rapier. The blade pierces deep into the hideous hide of the spider but it is far from done and is impeded in its flight. Much faster than you thought was possible the pair of fiends melt into the darkness beyond the sight of your torches. Ayle too lost sight of the creature as it darts through the overgrown buildings of the market district and somewhere into the residential district.

The battle is over. You may choose to pursue the fleeing spider and rider if you wish, but that is going to require a couple of investigation/perception checks and will not be easy. It will be possible though, if you so desire to catch it.

Regardless of that though, what do you decide to do now? The most obvious thing would be to continue with the plan and further your investigation of the area around the cache but I am not sure if you wanted to take a rest or something along those lines.
    -

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"As much as I hate spiders, this guy was only trying to get in the way of the mission. Let's check out this cache and get out of here. If he comes back, I'll burn him to smithereens."

Investigating the area (1d20+7)[25]
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    "As much as I hate spiders, this guy was only trying to get in the way of the mission. Let's check out this cache and get out of here. If he comes back, I'll burn him to smithereens."

Investigating the area (1d20+3)[19]
    Ayle
    “Agreed. First, however... I need a little rest.”
    Short rest, then continue to investigate.

(1d20+3)[19]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

From the Journal of Zaladane:

We eventually rallied, and defeated the miscreants that ambushed us. Unfortunately, one of them escaped. Still, this attack by what appears to be golem-like constructs tells me that the Titan cache may be more than just mere fiction. No matter how tempting it may be to pursue, it is nothing more than mere distraction. We must press on towards the real goal.

=======

"Next time, dear," Zaladane says as she puts a hand on Ayle's shoulder, "Try not engage the enemy by yourself. You must leave something for us to do!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Mend Wounds on Ayle, spending two psi. (2d8)[14] plus 8 (from Avatar of Healing) = 22 HP restored.
    Bonus Action: Zaladane regains 2 psi. She's back to full.

HP: 52/52 HP, Psi: 23/38
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-01-01 at 09:31 PM.
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #263

No we need to chase after them, or make sure we lose them so that they don't bring reinforcements, come on let's go! Lily replied expecting obedience.

Come on. She adds after a moment, her hand on her hip and looking irritated.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I'm not actually going to roll investigation, or perception, since I seem to be outvoted.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"She is correct. Now is no time to rest. Every moment of delay means more of those constructs can be created. We must hurry on.
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    Ok.. let’s go then.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Olivia

Hearing the noise of battle nearby, and knowing that something is clashing, I know i must go help, or at least see if theres innocents involved. Having just got into town from a trip, and learning about this .... invasion, or trouble that has arrived, i know i must help out. I weave my way through the streets , going to where the sound is closer, until im right upon it. Seeing humanoids, people of the city fighting giant spiders and riders, i know i made the right choice. Bursting through the door way just as the spiders turn tail and run, damn im too late. Though perhaps i can help these folk , with whatever they are doing out here.

"Ho travellers, it seems im too late to help you with the fight, but perhaps i can help if they come back, names Olivia, Olivia Valentine."
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Ayle
    “Nice to meet you, Olivia. Care to come for a run with us?”

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

A narrator’s note

Keep in mind that Olivia is a local to Ebonook, and you have been in town for quite some time now, so you would have definitely had experiences with her. She not going to be a stranger to you all. You are familiar with each-other, and definitely know each-other’s names and occupations at the very least.
    -

29. - Top - End - #269

Hello miss. Lily remarks with a curtsey. I am Lily Goldheart. She remarks brightly.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zaladane gives Olivia a guarded look. She is distrustful of strangers who suddenly come and offer assistance unbidden, especially after an ambush. But, if the others knew her then she must at least give Olivia Valentine a fair chance.

"I am Zaladane," the middle-aged woman says slowly, extending a hand towards the human warrior. "And we are either on our way to a snipe hunt or to something long forgotten. Your assistance would surely be appreciated, Miss Valentine."

"Now, shall we be off?"
    Now Playing