New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Searching for a template LA+1/0 with breath weapon or stats for a Warforged.

Hello guys :)

After my last thread I am going to use entangling breath and I am looking for templates.

I have 32 point buy and I am playing a crusader at level 4 and I will play him to level 7(I am dumping Wiz because I get Cha to will.)

I want to have 12 Dex and 20 Str.

I am thinking on using Dragonborn for the breath weapon and because it fit the character personality but I have a to use +1 LA.

In the start I was thinking on using the Dark template because it give me 10 ft speed and cold resistance but I don't have enough abilities.
    I have:
    18 str, 12 dex, 10 con, 10 int ,6 wiz, 14 cha
    if I use Dragonborn and Dark.

Next I was thinking on using Savage Progression with Half-Dragon(building myself stronger with dragon parts I got from my order in order to make myself better at serving Bahamut) but it look stupid to use Dragonborn and Half Dragon in the same character.

What do you think?

Ban list for now:
    Quasilycanthrope, Lolth-Touched, white dragonspawn, divine minion and Half-Minotaur.

I am in charge on the ban list and I can't convince myself to use something from it (maybe I will make it bigger).

All 3.5 are allow but I may ban some things.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Searching for a template LA+1/0 with breath weapon or stats for a Warforged.

You could add Draconic.

While it is weird for a Draconic Creature to undergo the Dragonborn Ritual, it is not impossible in any way, it makes you even more Draconic" (sic^^), adds Bonuses in Strength, Cha and Con, as well as +1 Armor (natural) and some nice minor save bonuses.
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2017-12-02 at 07:46 AM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Searching for a template LA+1/0 with breath weapon or stats for a Warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    You could add Draconic.

While it is weird for a Draconic Creature to undergo the Dragonborn Ritual, it is not impossible in any way, it makes you even more Draconic" (sic^^), adds Bonuses in Strength, Cha and Con, as well as +1 Armor (natural) and some nice minor save bonuses.
    This fit well.
    I will have 20str,12dex,16con,10int,6wis,14cha.

I think I will go with it if I will not find anything else (I can go with the most dragon I can).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Construct has few template options. Draconic for example is somewhat controversial since it is for "...creatures ... descended from a dragon ancestor" which a warforged is not. Adding Dragonborn of Bahamut makes the template situation worse, because you lost most racial traits. (Warforged is nice since you do not lose the living construct subtype.)

However, Dragonborn of Bahamut converts the type to Humanoid(Dragonblood) which opens up many possibilities for a acquired templates after Dragonborn of Bahamut is applied. Of these, plausibly: Dark, Gheden, and Mineral Warrior are good choices.

Dark is explicitly acquirable. It makes you sneaky/fast, but also extraplanar.

Gheden can be acquired via a botched resurrection. It makes you strong-but-stupid, immune to pain, nonlethal damage & energy drain, 50% fortification, darkvision, and grants some bonus feats that are common feat taxes and set you up for a cleric casting Delay Death on you to ignore hit point damage at ECL 7. You also have significant weaknesses: subject to holy water, partial-turning, and a massive penalty to fine motor manipulation skills.

Mineral warrior can be acquired via a spell. It makes you strong-but-stupid, DR 8/adamantine, Darkvision, and a burrow speed.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrowhale View Post
    Construct has few template options. Draconic for example is somewhat controversial since it is for "...creatures ... descended from a dragon ancestor" which a warforged is not. Adding Dragonborn of Bahamut makes the template situation worse, because you lost most racial traits. (Warforged is nice since you do not lose the living construct subtype.)

However, Dragonborn of Bahamut converts the type to Humanoid(Dragonblood) which opens up many possibilities for a acquired templates after Dragonborn of Bahamut is applied. Of these, plausibly: Dark, Gheden, and Mineral Warrior are good choices.

Dark is explicitly acquirable. It makes you sneaky/fast, but also extraplanar.

Gheden can be acquired via a botched resurrection. It makes you strong-but-stupid, immune to pain, nonlethal damage & energy drain, 50% fortification, darkvision, and grants some bonus feats that are common feat taxes and set you up for a cleric casting Delay Death on you to ignore hit point damage at ECL 7. You also have significant weaknesses: subject to holy water, partial-turning, and a massive penalty to fine motor manipulation skills.

Mineral warrior can be acquired via a spell. It makes you strong-but-stupid, DR 8/adamantine, Darkvision, and a burrow speed.
    The Draconic part can be from being build by/from a dragon

I think the humanoid part was an example.
    Humanoid (dragonblood): Dragonborn are humanoids with the dragonblood subtype and any other subtypes they had before undergoing the Rite of Rebirth. For all effects related to race, a dragonborn is considered a dragon and a member of her original race.
    I gave my problem with Dark in the first post.

I think I will add Mineral warrior to the ban list.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    I think the humanoid part was an example.
    You are right, but not due to that text. Race and type are different things throughout D&D 3.5: a template which changes your type does not change your race.

However, in the 'Mechanics of rebirth' section it explicitly states that type is preserved. Apparently Dragonborn of Bahamut warforged still gain the ability to die of aging.