New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Change to subforum title?

The name of the D&D 3e/3.5e/d20 subforum should be changed to "D&D 3.X/PF/d20", since that subforum is about 1/4 to 1/2 Pathfinder or 3.PF right now. They technically fall under the "d20" category, but it's still somewhat confusing/misleading.
    Last edited by ATHATH; 2017-11-20 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Change to subforum title?

As I posted on the other thread on this topic:
    The fact that that subforum supposedly includes d20 is ambiguous in and of itself. For things like Mutants & Masterminds, Star Wars Saga Edition (which you may even consider a 4e derivative) or even d20 Modern I see most people sticking to the overheading Roleplaying Games subforum. Is d20 in general really needed/welcome in that sub-subforum?

This is mostly a problem because of this text:
    or any fantasy game using the d20 system
    it seems needlessly exclusionary or inclusive, depending on how you look at it.
    Last edited by weckar; 2017-11-29 at 06:26 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Change to subforum title?

Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. Some people have suggested the title should expressly include PF since we created the current organization. The decision to just say "d20" was intentional when we created the subforum and obviously includes PF. Even the word "fantasy" mentioned by weckar obviously includes PF. Though it might seem to exclude other non-fantasy d20 games, I don't see much confusion there either. People seem to pay more attention to the d20 in the title rather than the word "fantasy" in the description. Could we change it? Sure. But it doesn't seem to be a necessity.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex