New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

biggrin Secure contain protect

So does anyone here know about the SCP universe? I think it would be amazing to run a game in the SCP universe using SCP-826.
    Plot:
    Some D-class personal (or tier 1) [<---The PCs] request to place all the D&D 5e player and DM books as well as a module in between SCP-826 to see what happens. After they wake up in a fantasy world identical to the module, they realize they'll need to find 826 or they'll be locked in to the world forever as NPC's. This becomes the main goal instead of the goal of the module. When they succeed, they'll be sucked out of the module and back in to the real world, but they'll still be equipped with their D&D equipment with their class features. They'll then be asked to guard different SCP's throughout the foundation. Either they'll gain exp for doing things in the real world because they're now SCPs themselves or they'll have to regularly travel back to different D&D worlds to gain exp. Maybe have them gain a level after they complete different missions and then have exp be bonuses for going back and actually playing d&d, so we can swap between a modern/scifi and a fantasy world.

EDIT for clarification: http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-826
    That is an experiment log of SCP-826. It is what happens when you put a book in the book ends. Some of them are really funny. I recommend giving it a read :D
    Last edited by Trey Bright; 2017-12-09 at 02:33 AM.
    GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 89: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Secure contain protect

... wat? I foolishly clicked on the link, and was just confused.

For those of us that have no idea, what's SCP?

The abridged version.
    Argue in good faith.

And try to remember that these are people.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

How about a setting where an incident happens and forces the foundation to establish an outpost in another world (they didn't find any intelligent life in the area they explore at first) to cover up a gigantic breach that lasts a couple years but is finally stable after some tinkering?

Then the foundation changes approach and starts creating more facilities to dump the more mobile SCPs, helping decrease the chances of K class scenarios, shutting down the gate permanently to avoid the effects of a XK or worse scenario.

PCs could be inhabitants from that world that, after long time scanning (and a few vivisections), become agents and/or guides when new SCPs start appearing in that world too, with maybe some actual SCP folk starting to gain levels and becoming more powerful as well, leaving the foundation with a couple new conundrums: "These empowering effects could be extended to the whole humanity?" and "What consequences this effect may have on SCPs?"
    Last edited by Wilb; 2017-12-08 at 06:16 AM.
    Zoma is the best.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by krugaan View Post

The abridged version.
    Imagine MIB but make aliens a minor part and add Chtulhu Mythos-likes stuff and all kinds of reality altering things from both inhuman and HUMAN origins.

Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Wilb; 2017-12-08 at 06:12 AM.
    Zoma is the best.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by krugaan View Post

The abridged version.
    This will help:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCP_Foundation

It's basically a massive creative writing project with lots of contributors and a generally high degree of writing.

The general idea is that a world exists where the creepier conspiracy theories are true, and a government org exists to protect the population from them. The entire project is written in a format from the govt's point of view. There's some really good writing in there and it can make for a really interesting campaign setting.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    This will help:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCP_Foundation

It's basically a massive creative writing project with lots of contributors and a generally high degree of writing.

The general idea is that a world exists where the creepier conspiracy theories are true, and a government org exists to protect the population from them. The entire project is written in a format from the govt's point of view. There's some really good writing in there and it can make for a really interesting campaign setting.
    Ah, so the MIB thing makes sense.

Or the XFiles.

... dibs on Mulder.

edit: read the Wikipedia page and can imagine that this is pretty cool. That being said, I probably won't read it. I would enjoy writing for it though.
    Last edited by krugaan; 2017-12-08 at 01:34 PM.
    Argue in good faith.

And try to remember that these are people.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Bright View Post
    So does anyone here know about the SCP universe? I think it would be amazing to run a game in the SCP universe using SCP-826.
    Plot:
    Some D-class personal (or tier 1) [<---The PCs] request to place all the D&D 5e player and DM books as well as a module in between SCP-826 to see what happens. After they wake up in a fantasy world identical to the module, they realize they'll need to find 826 or they'll be locked in to the world forever as NPC's. This becomes the main goal instead of the goal of the module. When they succeed, they'll be sucked out of the module and back in to the real world, but they'll still be equipped with their D&D equipment with their class features. They'll then be asked to guard different SCP's throughout the foundation. Either they'll gain exp for doing things in the real world because they're now SCPs themselves or they'll have to regularly travel back to different D&D worlds to gain exp. Maybe have them gain a level after they complete different missions and then have exp be bonuses for going back and actually playing d&d, so we can swap between a modern/scifi and a fantasy world.
    Awesome. I knew there was a reason I wanted to read the SCP listings at some point...