Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VIII: Another Thread Needs Your Help General

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Really? Damn.

On a related note, can i steal these bugged weapons out of the confiscated weapons safe or are they just completely gone from existence?
    I'm pretty sure they're gone forever. You could replace them with console commands.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

This time on my trek through new Vegas, I came to the guard robot to the Strip. saw the science option and decided to come back later so I can do science to it once I level up enough. so I went and did various things to try and do just that, including getting the space suit:

I went to the NCR correctional facility and killed all the powder gangers there. no I don't care about the rep or the karma lowering, these guys are jerks and now they're all dead. Thing is I walked up to the doorman and he greeted me cheerfully as if I was just a fresh face and not already hated with them. I shot him first then proceeded to get rid of the rest.

next I went far east and found this Nelson place where I came across this NCR guy, agreed to help put some NCR soldiers out of their misery to save them from the Legion. ended up killing all the legion troops there to.

and then I went to Helios One, to see what that was all about. turns out its a power facility and the NCR hired an idiot to try and fix it. like someone who calls them Fantastic, does nothing but push buttons around and acts as if he is the greatest thing in the world, frigging dunning-krueger effect. and whats worse is how he got hired, apparently the NCR's scientist recruiters are just as stupid as he is. Ignacios a more reasonable and humanitarian fella, so I go and agree to repower the plant and spread it throughout the whole region, seems like a good problem to solve with SCIENCE! so I go in and the robots are hard things to face, at least I managed to turn off the turrets.....on second I should've probably made the turrets target the robots....also no powering up Archimedes, I have no idea what it exactly does, but I probably don't want to find out, even if I have an inkling of it.

but I manage to make it through, repair the cables, configure the power distribution and retilt the dish to maximize power and boom! the region has power once again! I go back to Ignacio and he gets me stimpaks which I'm actually thankful for because I keep running out for some reason. case in point: right after I walk out of Helios One, I encounter a group of Legion Assassins attacking a merchant for some reason, after a few tries and some stims I manage to kill them all using my grenade gun using up almost all its ammo and take their super-sledge. and now I'm level 9 on the edge of 10 and thinking I should find some way of becoming more durable.

and throughout this session of it I kept trying to find a place to sleep and getting ambush/finding mobs trying to kill me and I work fast to kill them at low health and stims, its terrifying and annoying. more than once I resort to my rebar club or super-sledge to kill them fast.

my only regret this entire time is that I didn't get to kill Fantastic in some way. maybe I should come back to Helios One someday and do just that.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 21!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eh, Fantastic's okay. He's not evil, just dumb.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Eh, Fantastic's okay. He's not evil, just dumb.
    Anyone with a theoretical degree in physics is aces in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Anyone with a theoretical degree in physics is aces in my book.
    After playing that quest a few times, I'm beginning to suspect that Ignacio is helping Fantastic just enough so he doesn't get replaced.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika.

Casual Hearthstone and WoW player. But I'll talk about anything really.

Riviss son of Cage, goatman in the Nexus FFRP (on hiatus).

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    After playing that quest a few times, I'm beginning to suspect that Ignacio is helping Fantastic just enough so he doesn't get replaced.
    Yeah, wouldn't want the NCR to have an actual smart scientist who could figure out Archimedes, I guess, so I GUESS thats a reason to let him live.....
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 21!

7. - Top - End - #967
    Firbolg in the Playground

This might be off-topic, if it is, I'm sure our one mod will complain but I have to say something: Why Nexus? Why? Why stop supporting software that if not perfectly functional works at all, for an alpha that's by your own admission bug-ridden and not fit for actual release? And why now can I not install my mods because the FOMM scripting has some how now got the wrong opening line on it's XML file? What on earth were you thinking?

Okay, rant over.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

8. - Top - End - #968
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking of Legion Assassins; what I find most annoying about them isn't being attacked (i generally don' trigger them until I'm well equipped to slug it out with them) but rather their habit of inflicting collateral damage on named NPCs. In one of my playthroughs, they actually killed Fitz and Lupe.

And it's not just Legion Assassins. One time I fast traveled to the Gun Runner Vendortron, only to hear gunfire. I search around, kill a lone Fiend, and realize that the Fiend killed Issac. I didn't need him for anything, but there's one quest that involves him I think.

And another time a wandering merchant got killed by a Fiend, and the Hostetler guy was just nearby on his way to work. I needed him for a quest, and luckily the Fiend was too busy shooting a pack animal to notice either me or Don as targets.

I get that it's sort of realistic to have these interactions, but it is a bit galling to have your quest-important NPCs or merchants removed from play due to blind luck.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika.

Casual Hearthstone and WoW player. But I'll talk about anything really.

Riviss son of Cage, goatman in the Nexus FFRP (on hiatus).

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    This might be off-topic, if it is, I'm sure our one mod will complain but I have to say something: Why Nexus? Why? Why stop supporting software that if not perfectly functional works at all, for an alpha that's by your own admission bug-ridden and not fit for actual release? And why now can I not install my mods because the FOMM scripting has some how now got the wrong opening line on it's XML file? What on earth were you thinking?
    I don't know for sure, but it sounds like it's because Nexus updated itself to use https instead of http for - everything. Caused my Nexus Mod Manager to stop working pretty much completely for a couple of weeks, until I Realised What Had Happened and updated it.

If I'm right, and if you can actually find the XML file - then you should be able to solve the problem by opening it (any text editor will do), and changing the "http://..." link in the first line to "https://...".

Hope this helps. Free advice is worth what you paid for it. No warranty included. I am not a lawyer and this is not medical advice, etc.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain