Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What drives your initial character development

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    I roll on the trinket table and then try to explore the character who would have grown from possessing such an item.
    This is awesome.

I'm adding this to my list of fallback inspiration tricks.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The start of a new campaign drives me to make a new character. As soon as I hear about the idea of a new game starting up, I try and make something interesting that I haven't played before, or at least something very different than I just played. I try to stay away from making an overly effective character but that's really hard for me to do. I like increasing my chances of survival. I also gain inspiration from selecting a random disorder, delusion, mania, or phobia to make them really unique. I set short term and long term goals, and define a motivation.

If I need truly random character inspiration, I use the website "who the f is my D&D character?".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I look at class first to get an idea of how they play. If I find them interesting, an idea for a personality. I donít fully settle on the personality until I play them more and then let them develop through RP.

If Iím too focused on a particular character concept then Iím not gonna let them grow until I get it right and I never get him right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    "Just because the DM lets you break the game, doesn't mean the game is broken."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "My Patron is Steven Spielberg"
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    For some reason this feels really fitting; I got a mental image of a bunch of psions setting up a LAN party.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mgshamster View Post
    I roll on the trinket table and then try to explore the character who would have grown from possessing such an item.
    Last time I tried rolling on the trinket table, I came up with the eggshell painted with the human misery thing. 3 times in a row.
    When I told a friend about this, she commented on my character apparently getting a Behelit.

For those of you that know what that means.. I'm sorry..

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightJin View Post
    Last time I tried rolling on the trinket table, I came up with the eggshell painted with the human misery thing. 3 times in a row.
    When I told a friend about this, she commented on my character apparently getting a Behelit.

For those of you that know what that means.. I'm sorry..
    That is totally awesome to me and I would so own up to that aspect of my character.