The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The War Of Seasons OOC: Maneville's Dinning Hall

Well, sometimes it's hard to know what to roll, but yeah, making the rolls when we forget to do so is likely for the best.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for doing that, igor!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

So... anypony is alive?
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of Character, do we think this is a fight we can win? Because I'm getting the impression that it's not. We can still make a break for it and run, I think.

Edit: Yes, I am still alive. Sorry for that. I was debating what to post, then set it aside, and just now got back to it.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-04-01 at 12:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I'm guessing with even the adult archmage saying that we have to run, we should do that. Still, wondering about Cloudy. I assume this is our way of getting her out of the way with her player being gone?
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

OOcly- right now, it seems impossible. Half Heart is one of the three strongest Ice Knights, and even the other Ice Knights aren't pushovers.
    And.. yes, it's quite likely that some NPCs will be left behind.

but do what you think your characters would do.
    I\ll deal with it. I won't kill you, this isn't the porpuse of this encounter

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

Needed to figure out why the heck the flower is calling to me, only to send me this weird vision that doesn't seem to correlate to the current situation at all, and figure out how Whispering Light would react to it as well, and how he might guess what the purpose of the vision is as well.

Not exactly the most intuitive situation that's been presented to me at this time.

Edit: Ah geez, really? A 3? I rolled a 3 at a time like this? Bloody hell, that's not going to do anything, even if it is what I'm meant to be doing.
    Last edited by anonomas321; 2019-04-02 at 07:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

I guess, that in PBP the options of action have to be much more clear then in irl game.
    I apologize for that. The mystery of how to make pbp work, still has a lot of issues to investigate.

I am not sure, I still have the collumn, but I'll keep researching as long as you are patient with my clumsy(at times) GMing.
    Also, did anypony heard from Schimatic?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

I am happy to see Schimatic is still around.. though, how do you feel if I'll create Discord Ooc channel?
    Hopefully today there will be update.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

I think a Discord channel could help, actually.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it could be a nice addition to the game. At the very least, it could be useful to have a place to keep in touch should the forums ever go done unexpectedly, as they have in the past.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. I am sorry for the inconvience, it's just that Schimatic has answered my PM few days ago, and he said he will get to it, in short time.
    So...
    I am giving til Sunday, then I move the story forward. He may come back later, and we'l figure something out..

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Anonmas, I am apologizing for not waiting, I guess you were busy with irl, and this game is too slow, even for bunch of slowpokes like us.

As usual, mostly because I have waited for somepony....

A little offer, which I wonder if it realistic for us- to do combats on Discord and find us time we are logged together.

So... who is still with ke?
    Again. Lol

I really apreciate all of you.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

I am still here, though I must warn you that your post comes at a very 'inconvenient' time in my life. I just finished moving (as of two hours ago), I'm transitioning into a temp position for the summer, and I am about to spend 12 hours in the car tomorrow driving to see my sister graduate college. It will be a little bit before I can properly write up a post, unless you want a short one.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

No rush. Thank you for warning

Moving could be hell. And congrats for the graduation of your sister!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what, I think I'll use some Valor on restoring Silver's Willpower and Fortitude at this point.

Spending 2 points. (2d6)[8] Fortitude and Willpower restored!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    who is still here?
    (again...)

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

I am! Hello! How are you?

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Certainly am still here as well. Doing pretty good, if I may say so. Currently working on a bit of a Roleplaying is Magic-related project myself, with more or less decent progress.

Will try and get a post done as soon as I can.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Ok! This was quite the opening for a chapter! Wasn't it?
    I gave a lot of thought, because this chapter will be quite unorothodox in the roleplaying scene, as far as I know, and I did a research how to make it work.
    Hopefully it will. And again, I must apreciate your tolerance and loyalty to this story

Specific, now, beside technical decisions, I think it could be a time for you to talk and stuff- but it's up to you

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey everyone, I've got a quick update that I need to inform you guys about. Next week on Friday I'll be going on vacation, and I'll be gone from the 2nd all the way to Tuesday the 13th of August. It's unlikely I'll be able to post anything during that time, so I figured I should warn you before it happens.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Have fun.
    Though, Miltonian and Anonmas can still reply.
    Right?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Updated are for now shorter, because.. well I have nothing big to write.

Speaking of which I have worked on system for journeys, mostly inspired by the One Ring system and the offical relativly newly released pony system.

The basics are like this-
    There are tasks that has to be done. You may ignore them, but you might suffer from the results.
    Each day, you pick the tasks and give general strategy of dealing with it. And roll.
    If there is an ecnounter, afterward, you may change tasks and the strategy to tackle them, and then reroll.

Tasks/roles:
    Morale Support- venturing through harsh conditions might exaust your will power. Each day you roll heart check. Unless a morale support is succesful.

Pathfinder- With only vague idea of where are you this is quite the challenge. Succes means, succesfully going at the right direction. Failure would mean going the wrong way, and then I roll to randomly to which direction. This might make the journey longer.

Watcher- You need extra effort to pay attention to details, when you are journeying in harsh conditions and just want it to stop. But if you do, you might notice items, shelters or even ponies. It could be heart or mind based roll, depend on you describe it.

Leader- He or she, focus on processing the data and the morale state of the team, and base decisions on it. Should they check the waterfall, despite the hints for bear activity? Can they push extra mile, before someone mentaly breakdown?
    Success means +2 to the rolls of everypony invovled. Failure to complications.

Last thing- you can always pay valor for auto success

How does it sound?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-08-16 at 03:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Those sound really cool, actually! I like the idea!
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like a pretty neat way of handling the journey! Look forward to seeing it in practise and the weird stuff that'll happen to us. Might be worth it to let us stick to a certain task assignment for a couple of days in a row if nothing interesting happens for a few days worth of travel, though.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I hope miltonian and Anonams feel so as well, or might add their hindsight to fix if anything need fixing.
    also feel free to reply!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Btw, Theo, have we discussed who trained Silver?

You can't ever have too many mentors to kill use for the drama and jazz

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Btw, Theo, have we discussed who trained Silver?

You can't ever have too many mentors to kill use for the drama and jazz
    Huh, I don't think we ever did. All that I have on my sheet is that his Grandfather instructed him in the fundamentals of magic and that he learned from the village scouts. I do not believe we ever settled on a specific NPC for the latter.

I've got no specific ideas floating around in my head, but it might be kind of interesting for them to be a bit of a foil of Hypno, somebody who pushes Silver rather than nurturing him. Might be an interesting contrast, if they ever show up.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I plan on Aragorn ranger kind of charater to meet them at the Hearth Festival.

So I wondered, if s/he could be the mentor. s/he supposed to be a loyal friend fro Hypno's little secret society